The Hunger Games - Recruitment(System)

Started by undisclosedtoyou, February 29, 2012, 02:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Lucifia on March 31, 2012, 04:57:53 PM
Lol, i've read it and it looks cool. just a few question:

In general it looks like all characters start out equal, with 500 hp. So does that mean we don't have individual skills or traits that give advantages and disadvantages?

Where does the sex fit in!?:P.

As the system stands now, there aren't any points going to skills and traits.  The idea was that the system would work mainly to tell a player when their character dies, it's not a full out system.  But enough people have brought it up so who knows what the system will look like when the game starts.

As DF has said, sex is definitely not a big part of this game.  It can happen, but it would definitely put said characters in a precarious position to be attacked.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

KnowThySire

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on March 31, 2012, 04:17:32 PMDude, doooo itttt.  You've had me on pins and needles, I've been so excited to read it! :P
Sorry. I'm actually with my cousin, and all we've been talking about is the Hunger Games(She's just read the books in three days, so I keep screamin at her not to tell me about Catching Fire and Mockingjay.). It's inspired me so once I get home I'm going to start working on it. :)
There can only be one king.

boyblue23

Hey guys! I haven't read through all your posts but I love the hunger games. I was just wondering, any room for another male character?

KnowThySire

boyblue23

KnowThySire

boyblue23

Name: Merrit Gamble
Division: District 8

Height: 5'3''
Weight: 135
Eyes:Brown
Hair:Blond
Skin tone:Pale
Distinguishing Marks:Tiny scars on the tips of his fingers.
Physical Description:He is short but proportional, not necessarily strong with a swimmers build. 

Dislikes:Cruelty, cats, being alone, feeling helpless
Fears:Being held prisoner. He's afraid of extreme darkness and the noises of things unseen, he has a wild imagination for the many terrors hidden in the shadows.
Personality:Merrit is extremely loving and compassionate. He finds most of his joy making friends and talking to people. When it comes to his work, he is dedicated and specific. He has a strong faith and believes in doing your best always.

History:He lost his father at a very young age, when the man tried to escape and was taken by the capitol, neither Merrit nor his mother knows whether he is still alive. Being so small he was picked on growing up and when he came of age to work in the factories he was put in with his mother, sewing and making the peacekeeper uniforms. He has a huge talent for sewing and tends to work so intently that he frequently pricks his fingers and usually needs numerous bandages. He has a secret wish to one day make colorful clothes but in his world this is an impossibility. After years and years of seeing the Hunger Games and witnessing the terrible deaths he grew to resent everything about the world he lived in and felt a huge guilt over making the uniforms day after day. He's never felt that he could do anything about his feelings and when is name was chosen for the games he was almost positive it was his death sentence. He promised his mother he would try his best to survive the games but he held her like it was the last time when is came to say goodbye. One of his largest fears is that he won't be able to let himself kill another person in the games.

undisclosedtoyou

GM Notice

Okay, so I'm halfway done rewriting the system for this game.  It's changed quiet a bit, got a tad more difficult, but not too difficult.  If anyone is familiar with CJ. Carella's Witchcraft game, than you'll have a pretty good idea on how this game will be run.  If anyone wants to see what I have right now, and has a GMail account they wouldn't mind sharing(via PM,) than I can add you to the list of people able to view the document(I'm writing it all on googledoc.)

Also, changes are allowed to be made to approved character sheets, just send me the reworked sheet and I'll look it over, if approved I'll edit it into the character sheet already up.

Quote from: TheRomanticPerv on March 31, 2012, 06:25:23 PM
Sorry. I'm actually with my cousin, and all we've been talking about is the Hunger Games(She's just read the books in three days, so I keep screamin at her not to tell me about Catching Fire and Mockingjay.). It's inspired me so once I get home I'm going to start working on it. :)

Oh yeah, I keep wanting to tell my friend, who's reading the second one now, what happens, but I manage not to, so far.  I'm looking froward to seeing it.

Quote from: boyblue23 on March 31, 2012, 06:56:34 PM
And just post my profile in here?

I'm looking over your sheet now:)
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

boyblue23, your character has been approved, and you'll be able to find him, here.  Also, there are colorful clothing made in that district, for the capital citizens, but if he worked in one of the factories that specified in making the Peacekeeper uniforms, than he probably wouldn't have had the chance to make anything more creative.

With that, this is the list of available character spots:

District 1 - 1 Male Tribute spot open.
District 2 - No Tribute spots open.
District 3 - 1 Male Tribute spot open.
District 4 - No Tribute spots open.
District 5 - 1 Male and 1 Female Tribute spot open.
District 6 - 1 Male and 1 Female Tribute spot open.
District 7 - 1 Male and 1 Female Tribute spot open.
District 8 - 1 Female Tribute spot open.
District 9 - 1 Male and 1 Female Tribute spot open.
District 10 - 1 Male Tribute spot open.
District 11 -  No Tribute spots open.
District 12 - 1 Female Tribute spot open.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Miyu

Can I take the female of district 12? can i make the same character from the movie?

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Miyu on March 31, 2012, 10:28:10 PM
Can I take the female of district 12? can i make the same character from the movie?

You may take the female tribute spot from District 12, but you may not take the same character from the movie.  This game is set during the 51'st games, so Katniss hasn't been born yet.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Latooni Subota

You know every time I look at this to work on a possible character, I get distracted by undisclosed's avatar. XD
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Latooni Subota on March 31, 2012, 10:33:09 PM
You know every time I look at this to work on a possible character, I get distracted by undisclosed's avatar. XD

Hahahaa, I had the same problem, so I turned off the avatars so I could get some work done :P

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Miyu

ah ok ok mmm I will see what I can do

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Miyu on March 31, 2012, 10:37:24 PM
ah ok ok mmm I will see what I can do

Let me know if you need any help, I'd be more than willing to lend a hand with character creation.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

KnowThySire

Quote from: Latooni Subota on March 31, 2012, 10:33:09 PM
That explains why I haven't been able to make my own character yet. xD

boyblue23

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on March 31, 2012, 10:10:32 PM
boyblue23, your character has been approved, and you'll be able to find him, here.  Also, there are colorful clothing made in that district, for the capital citizens, but if he worked in one of the factories that specified in making the Peacekeeper uniforms, than he probably wouldn't have had the chance to make anything more creative.

Silly me. Sorry.

undisclosedtoyou

Don't apologize silly, I gave you an out on why he can't make nice colorful clothing :)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

TheRedFear

So the new system is gonna use Unisystem? That's what Withcraft uses.

If so I offer the following suggestion. Rather than Withcraft, pattern this off Buffy/Angel/Army of Darkness. They all use the same modified version of Unisystem called Unisystem Lite/Cinematic Unisystem. Much more streamlined and simplified compared to the clunkier normal version of Unisystem used in Withcraft and other unisystem games.

undisclosedtoyou

We won't have to worry about the unisystem itself since I'm only taking the things I want to use from it out; such as elements of the character sheet, and the bare essentials of other things.  Nobody will need to download the corebook, or worry about reading anything but what I provide for this game.  Unless they want to, of course.

To be honest, I only have the one corebook for Witchcraft, and it's the only system I understand; mainly because they provide a free download of it on DriveThru RPG, and I've played, albeit a small game of it in the past.  I'm really trying not to make this too complicated, since I think more than a few players in this game have no experience with system games, and only really joined this one because the one I had up was easy cheesy.  Also...as this dives deeper into a 'real system' game, my confidence that I'll be able to GM it successfully goes down marginally. 

*Deep breath*

So far, I have all the blank character sheets for each district written up, and the number of Character points that will be available.  I'm working on which skills will be available for everyone,  and which bonuses a character would get for being from a certain district.

The dice system will remain a d20 one, and I'm going to try to make it incredibly easy.  This last part is what's giving me the most trouble, because honestly, I don't want to run it like a regular system game, where I have to give everyone the results of each of your rolls.  I want this game to pretty much work self sufficiently, so if I'm gone for a day or two nobody will get held up.

I will throw this out though, if anyone wants to Co-GM with me, and help with the whole system aspect of this game, than I'd welcome a volunteer.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

TheRedFear

I am VERY well-versed in Unisystem, so whether you're using it wholesale or a stripped down version of it I can and will provide any degree of assistance you desire from me. At least on that front. If there's one thing Doghouse and my Star Trek games have taught me, it's that I suck as a GM on every other front. lol

Niki315

I hope it's not too late to make a character for district 7?  I was thinking a brash female tribute that is used to carving and knife work.

KnowThySire

Sorry I vanished for the past few days. I was studying for the FDNY test. I don't have my character sheet ready yet, so, to compensate, I'll leave you with this!

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Latooni Subota

Finally got around to settling on a concept, so I'll be making a female Tribute from District 7. Well, as soon as I find a nice small image, or get my friend to cut down another picture without mucking it up for me.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: TheRedFear on April 03, 2012, 03:38:27 AM
I am VERY well-versed in Unisystem, so whether you're using it wholesale or a stripped down version of it I can and will provide any degree of assistance you desire from me. At least on that front. If there's one thing Doghouse and my Star Trek games have taught me, it's that I suck as a GM on every other front. lol

Awesome, I'm glad to hear it!   It shouldn't take me too long to finish up the changes to the system, since it's basically the skills that I'm working on.

Quote from: Niki315 on April 03, 2012, 03:57:54 AM
I hope it's not too late to make a character for district 7?  I was thinking a brash female tribute that is used to carving and knife work.

Quote from: Latooni Subota on April 03, 2012, 08:52:38 PM
Finally got around to settling on a concept, so I'll be making a female Tribute from District 7. Well, as soon as I find a nice small image, or get my friend to cut down another picture without mucking it up for me.

Hey Niki and Latooni, it looks like you both want to create a female character from 7.  You guys can either talk to each other about which one would get it, or you both can submit a sheet for it, and I'll decide on who get's it.  Either way, I look forward to reading both your sheets.

Quote from: TheRomanticPerv on April 03, 2012, 06:33:34 PM
Sorry I vanished for the past few days. I was studying for the FDNY test. I don't have my character sheet ready yet, so, to compensate, I'll leave you with this!

I'm Peeta and I know it, FULL VERSION.

No problem Perv, Good luck on your test!  As for vids, can we please wrap them in the Hide code, otherwise it slows down my computer.  Other than that, loved the vid!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's