My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic (Game Thread)

Started by Empyrean, August 19, 2011, 03:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pendarious

"Come on now Luna they are reliable I'm sure we can leave it all to them" Luminescent Dusk remarked gently. She was obviously rather amused by the two ponies antics but she also believed that as Luna's retainer she should get the princess to rest. "As your retainer I also believe it is my duty to see to your health and right now you seem like you need to rest so lets get you home and rested up for tomorrow shall we?"
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Empyrean

Luna let herself be led away by Dusk, seeming a bit more tired than she had let on.

The rest of the night passed without incident, save for Luna's tossing and turning in her bed. When roused, Luna lowered the moon and the sun rose soon after. When she came out to see her friends she still looked tired, but she smiled. "Good morning guys. Were you okay on watch?"

HopeFox

Timber Crash fell into an uneasy sleep on his pile of straw, dozing fitfully. Every so often, his hooves would flail and he would mumble something about the forest. When Heavy Hoof woke him at "oh three hundred", he raised his head muzzily, his leaf-green mane strewn about messily. "Hmm? Me already? Okay. Couldn't sleep anyway."

He stood on watch until dawn, pacing around restlessly, his mind still consumed with thoughts of Pestilence, No Mark and the blight on the trees. When he spotted the sun rising in the eastern sky, he breathed a sigh of relief, letting the sun warm his face.

He kicked Heavy Hoof awake as Princess Luna arrived. "Good morning, Luna!" he greeted her, trying to keep the exhaustion out of his voice. "No problems on watch! How did you sleep?"
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Empyrean

"Terribly." The protocol that had been drilled into her growing up protested at this admission of weakness but she stifled it. "I got a little sleep but I kept having flashbacks to my time imprisoned on the Moon and my life while possessed by Nightmare Moon." She shook her head, then a determined look came over her. "But that was then. Right now we need to focus on stopping Pestilence from creating any new nightmares for anypony!"

pendarious

Luminescent Dusk sighed heavily "Princess you are not the only one who did no sleep well" the archmage in training looked as though she hadn't slept at all "I spent the entire night with my nose buried in books trying to see what i could find about the kind of powers that pestlance displayed but I could find nothing except for the combination used to create that toxin." she then moved in a faint circular pattern "and furthermore I've developed a hypothesis regarding those lights that shone before we were teleported to safety"
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

FazzEagle

The stallion muttered a few as he was literally kicked out of his slumber, quickly spring up to all hooves in a cautious pose. "I'm awake! Where is she!? I can take-- Oh... It's just you, Tree Lover." He lets out a big yawn before looking towards the Princess and Luminescent Dusk. He just stood there, listening about what they may or may not have found from what happened yesterday, but it's what Luminescent Dusk said that caught his attention. "Ha! I knew it! ... I'm secretly a unicorn, aren't I?"

Empyrean

Luna looked at Dusk in surprise, then a smile came to her face. "Any information would be helpful Dusk. What do you think happened to us?"

pendarious

"well to answer Heavy Hoof first.....No your not a unicorn, you never have been and unless some bizarre act of magic occurs you never will be" she then turned to Luna "considering the amount of power i felt when that glow formed and it seemed to branch from all of us.....Perhaps there are more than just the six elements of harmony that we are familiar with?"

HopeFox

"More Elements of Harmony?" asked Timber Crash, jumping around to pay close attention to Luminescent Dusk. "Like the ones that helped Luna get away from being Nightmare Moon? That's great! That means we might actually have a chance at this! I have to admit, I really didn't know how we were going to stop Pestilence with the sort of power she showed us. Do you think we can turn her back into whoever she used to be?"

He started prancing around the barn room, his fatigue and worry melting away. "We can do this! We can! I still think we need to figure out who Pestilence was, though. There's got to be a reason she got picked by... that thing."

FazzEagle

"So it wasn't that I was secretly a unicorn that made us glow like that but it's because of this... 'Elements of Harmony', then?" Heavy Hoof asked before rubbing his chin. "I don't what that is... but it sounds SO AWESOME!" His voice rises a little at those last two words before he looks back at Luna and Luminescent Dusk. "And Tree Lover's right: we can do this. We WILL do this! Because the Hoofster's in your team and EVERY pony knows that you ALWAYS win when you have the Hoofster along." He then steps forward. "Well, what are you waiting for, Lumy? Tell us how to make us all glow like that and we'll teach that filly a lesson about respecting her elders!"

Empyrean

"More elements?!" Luna looked genuinely shocked. "I...I don't....I mean." She frowned thoughtfully. "I suppose it's possible. Sister and I found the original six over a thousand years ago. It's possible there are some that we missed. It was a very desperate time in our history, and we couldn't do a detailed search. As it was we just barely had enough time to find the original six and learn how to use them before our enemy Discord found us out. We had to strike as soon as he discovered us or he would have destroyed us. And afterwards, well, the Elements were put in our castle. We never did look for any others. There seemed no need."

She looked at Timber Crash. "As for Pestilence, whoever she was before had a weakness, like I did. The thing that possessed us both works like that. It finds something inside you where you feel weak or lonely, then it worms in. It pretends to be your friend and offers solution to your problems. But as soon as the crack is wide enough it slithers in and takes over completely, trapping the real you in your own mind. You can see, feel, and hear what its' doing but you can't respond. It used to gloat to me about how it did that to me, using my jealousy of my big sister and my loneliness when I thought that nopony liked my nights or me. So whoever Pestilence was before, she had some weakness in her heart that let the creature in. If we can find that we might be able to find who she was before. And if Dusk is right, maybe we can use these new Elements of Harmony to free her just as Twilight Sparkle and her friends freed me."

pendarious

Luminescent Dusk frowned "As I stated It's only a hypothesis and I do not fully understand how it could have happened if I'm right." She was walking around in circles as she spoke considering she didn't really have a clue just how accurate her thoughts may be. "Of course if I'm right we do have a chance however it's not a simple task for it to just happen...further more weaponizing them like The princesses did against discord and Princess Celestia and Twilight Sparkle both did against Nightmare Moon.....to use it on a pony so young housing that demon could be rather dangerous..."

HopeFox

Timber Crash listened closely to Luna's recounting of her use of the Elements against Discord, nodding solemnly as she related stashing them in the castle. He paid close attention as she described how the corruption entered her and must have entered this filly as well. When she finished, he trotted carefully over to her and laid his head against her neck. "It's all right, Luna," he assured her. "You won't have to be lonely like that again.

"And nor will this filly once we free her from Pestilence. She said she was angry at the way ponies had treated her. And why 'Pestilence', exactly? Was she training to be a doctor or something? Why would a little filly want to poison everypony's food?"

The young stallion snorted and pawed at the floor of the barn. "I'm sure she doesn't want to hurt the forest, but she's stuck behind this thing that's making her do it!" He walked around the barn for a few circuits to calm himself down once more, quivering with concern for his beloved forest.

He nodded quietly as he listened to Dusk's analysis. "So, that light we saw... that won't be enough, right? We're going to have to find the... big crown thingies that go with the Elements? I guess... we need to be careful not to hurt her, because she's just a filly, not a Princess."

Timber Crash came to a stop in his pacing. "Alright. I'm going to ask around and figure out who she is underneath Pestilence. That's got to be the key to both defeating Pestilence and making sure the little filly doesn't get hurt."