My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic (Game Thread)

Started by Empyrean, August 19, 2011, 03:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pendarious

Luminescent Dusk was quick to fallow after Luna a small smile on her face. "I was unaware of your ability to not sleep...so i've been wondering if you wouldn't mind allowing me to perform some studies on Alicorns while we are here in maneflow?" she was speaking softly as they trotted along together. The unicorn was a night owl by nature however the prospect of studying an alicorn was so very fascinating to her. None the less she went with the princess towards the mansion contemplating her methodolgy for the study.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

FazzEagle

"No sweat, Princess. The Hoofster can stay awake as long as he wants." Heavy Hoof watched as Luna and Luminescent Dusk made their way down the hill, parting the crowd of Ponies that were eager to greet the Pony of Royalty. Once they were distant, the strong Pony stepped forward to stand between No Mark and Timber Crash, looking towards their two new 'friends'. "I'm not very clear on the whole... 'sister' thing going on here," Heavy Hood said, "But... the Princess must really love her sister. That's nice. Well, since she'll usually be around at night, that means the Hoofster will need to extend his curfew!" The Pony, however, soon let out a huge yawn. "... starting tomorrow. Besides..." He started to walk ahead, heading back to the village. "... we'll have a party at my place tomorrow! Better get some rest so we clean the place up. Four in the Afternoon! Sharp! Got that?" He looked back at his two 'comrades' before yawning once more, and he continued on his way through the crowd.

"Alright, alright!" he said, "Nothing more to see here! Back to your homes, Ponies! Big day ahead of us! Big day!"

Mac84

Early the next Morning, No Mark nearly leaped from his small cot. Most of the other ponies weren't even up yet as he made his way over to Heavy Hoof's farm. He was hoping that he wasn't too early, though he was very excited at the prospect of setting up a party for the Princess and her friend Luminescent Dusk.

HopeFox

Timber Crash nodded, feeling his own eyelids growing heavy. "Sleep is sounding pretty good right now. I'm gonna head over to the mill - the miller always lets me crash there when I'm in town. Not literally, I mean." He turned to smile at the other two stallions, tossing his mane in an attempt to stay awake. "Sister thing? You know that Princess Luna's sister is... is..."

The young earth pony shook his head as a loud yawn escaped his lips. "Augh. All this talk about sleep is making me sleepy. Sleep tonight, party tomorrow! Sounds great!" He raised a front hoof for a brohoof with Heavy Hoof and No Mark, then trotted down the hill towards the sawmill.
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

FazzEagle

"You got that right, Tree Lover!" Heavy Hoof replied, returning the Pony's brohoof with his own, "So better get lots of sleep 'cause we won't be sleeping early tomorrow!" And so, Heavy Hoof continued down the hill while still keeping some light conversation with his two 'bronies'. "So Tree Lover, what you said earlier... About you 'crashing'. It's funny 'cause it's like your name! Timber 'Crash'! Did you get the joke, Blank Flank? Of course you do - it's hilarious! I got a joke too! Why did the chicken cross the road?" Eventually the sounds of their voices died down the further down they go down the hill, and soon all the ponies went their separate ways for the night, getting ready for a brand new day.

The next morning, as No Mark arrived at Heavy Hoof's farm, he would soon realize that he was not the only Pony to wake up early. Heavy Hoof himself was already up and awake, but at the moment he was moving around with a rope tied around the nuts of the yoke around his broad neck, dragging a big, heavy rock. Any average Pony would have a hard time doing such a feat, and while it still looked like Heavy Hoof struggled, he was still able to move it one step at a time.

"Just five more steps, Hoofster!" Heavy Hoof said to himself, "Five more steps! And then PUSH-UPS! Yes! YES! YOU CAN DO THIS...!" And not long after, Heavy Hoof did it, and he simply threw the yoke around him by a simple throw of his neck. "YES! WHO'S THE BRONY!?" However, before the Pony could continue, No Mark's presence caught his attention. "What the...? Blank Flank, what are you doing here this early? I said four in the afternoon - not four in the morning! I know you're eager but as you can see... I'm kind of busy." He flexed one of his forearms. "I'm working out - the Hoofster needs to take care of his muscles." He chuckled, lowering his forearm. "'cause if it's not me, who would, right? No one, that's who."

pendarious

While the two male ponies were up discussing what time heavy hoof had mentioned to be at the barn to set up the party Luminescent Dusk was sound asleep. Lost in memory like dreams. Her childhood perhaps flashing through her mind as she slept. She was quite comfortable under the quilts and snuggled into the soft bed. Though princess Luna was her charge the Unicorn couldn't stay awake at all hours like an alicorn could well not without suffering the consequences of fatigue anyway.

She wouldn't rise from bed until 7 'oclock am. "Mmm....morning is always such a pain" she mumbled to herself as she stumbled out of bed and quietly made her way to the bathroom. Here she took a quick shower, Brushed her teeth, Mane, and Tail after which she made sure her coat was also groomed. she then pulled on her cape and hat using her magic. She then went downstairs and began to prepare some breakfast for herself and the princess whenever she woke up if she slept at all that is.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Empyrean

Luna had spent most of the night awake, watching the progress of the moon and the stars as the night passed. It was a peaceful time, her night. Everypony was asleep, but the animals were up and about, and she enjoyed watching them scurry about on their nocturnal errands. She'd eventually settled in after bringing down the moon, sleeping for a few hours. It was good to get back in the practice of it.

When morning came she trotted down to the kitchen. "Oh! You're up early, Dusk! I was going to see if the larder was stocked." She smiled. "So are you ready for today?"

HopeFox

Timber Crash staggered back to the mill, yawning at the late hour. He stumbled up into the mezzanine overlooking the sawmill's work area and flopped onto the straw pallet set aside for just this purpose. He mused on the day's events in the few moments it took him to drop off to sleep, thinking about the beautiful moonrise and night sky the Princess had shown them, and the infectious joy of the Princess herself.

The next morning, he managed to sleep through his body's usual dawn alarm clock, instead being woken by the sweet refrain of a log being driven through the sawmill's main blade. He rolled to his hooves, waving at the miller pony on the floor below. "Good morning!" he shouted over the sound of sawing, but the miller could hear nothing underneath his heavy earmuffs.

Timber danced down the stairs and checked that his log was still there, then picked up a small pouch of bits marked with his cutie mark. "A good day's work, that one!" he commented to nopony in particular, slipping the pouch into his saddlebags. He gave the miller another wave and trotted down to the river for a bath, then set out towards Heavy Hoof's farm, shaking his mane free of water as he walked.

FazzEagle

Though No Mark arrived early, Heavy Hoof continued his daily work-out routine - though forcefully getting the Pony with no Cutie Mark to join in by helping him count the number of push-ups and jogging laps he did. Nevertheless, once the manly Pony was done, he straightly went to the barn along with his 'new friend', pushing the doors open to reveal a big room made slightly narrower due to so many farming tools and various boxes left unorganized.

"The old man and his wife used to raise cattle here," Heavy Hoof said, "Until, of course, their poor weak old bones just couldn't handle it anymore - makes you wish the Hoofster moved in a whole lot earlier here, doesn't it?" Then, once only three seconds had passed, the Pony quickly turned his attention back to No Mark. "Anyways! Time to work out your 'cleaning magic', Blank Flank! Get rid of all the cobwebs and the dust, and I'll do they 'heavy work'. Get it...? I will do the 'heavy' work because I'm 'Heavy' Hoof." Heavy Hoof let out a short guffaw. "... just a little humor - now let's get to work! Come on, we have to get this place cleaned and ready up before the Princess gets here!"

Noticing Timber Crash just arriving outside, Heavy Hoof momentarily turned around to greet his other friend. "Well, well, well, look who's here... Tree Lover, you came just in time! Blank Flank's already here. Come on! Let's get this place in tip-top shape! YEAH, let's do this!" And just like that, Heavy Hoof trotted deeper into the barn, expecting the other two to follow after.

pendarious

Luminescent Dusk heard the princess enter and question her about being up. "Yes of course. I have a rather unhealthy sleeping habit I must admit...I have always loved the night and stay awake late studying or stargazing and then sleeping for 3-4 hours  before being up again. However when one does this for years on end they grow used to it"  she then smiled at the princess turning away from her cooking for a moment to do so.

Empyrean

"I'm glad somepony enjoys the night. You know, I used to think no one did. That's what led to all that unpleasantness between me and Celestia. Now I know it's just a different kind of enjoyment." She started levitating some oats and a tasty-looking bunch of carrots down from the larder. "So you said I have a meeting with the Mayor today? Do you know what it's about?"

pendarious

"I do believe it's just the customary welcome to town bit though I'm not entirely sure" Luminescent Dusk responded with a thoughtful expression on her face as she sat down with the blueberry waffles she had been making. She then floated the maple syrup over and drowned the pancakes in it. she began to eat.

Empyrean

Luna eyed the blueberry waffles, then her own breakfast. She looked back and forth for a few minutes, then sighed. "From now on, you do the cooking around here. I never had the talent for it." She smiled ruefully and then settled into her breakfast with a dainty, delicate air.

pendarious

Luminescent Dusk chuckled softly at the Princesses remark. "To be honest I only picked up the knack for it in recent months....this is probably only the third batch of decent waffles i've ever made" she then took another bite of her food. Though Luminescent's air was nowhere as dainty or delicate as Luna's while eating it was definitely dainty enough for the royal court.

Mac84

No Mark set about the task of cleaning with zeal. He enjoyed being of use, and wanted to make his new friends happy. Trotting about he used his long tail to dust. Once he finished dusting. He helped Heavy Hoof and Timber Crash moving some of the larger farm equipment.

"I sure hope the Princess and Luminescent Dusk like the party. Should we invite the rest of the town?"

Empyrean

Once she finished, Luna telekinetically wiped her mouth with a napkin in a quick patting gesture, then waited for Dusk to finish. When she was done, Luna smiled. "Well, let's get this meeting over with! We have a party to attend later after all, and Celestia's gone to the trouble of making a beautiful day, so we should enjoy it!"

FazzEagle

"Didn't take you as the Party Animal, Blank Flank... I like that." Heavy Hoof went on to push a stack of crates aside with no problem. "Sure, why not? The more, the merrier. 'course, we'll need to provide more snacks. Makes me wonder if Princesses eat ordinary food though. Maybe some greens? Vegetables...? Well, let's just make sure to get some sweets... and some greens on the side - some Ponies need to watch what they eat, if you know what I mean." Heavy Hoof finished pushing the crates aside before planting his hooves firmly on the ground, his chest pushed forward. "You don't get a body like this by eating sugar all day. Hey, Tree Lover! Since you like plants so much, why don't YOU be in charge of picking out the good ones to eat? And Blank Flank... you're in charge of the snacks." He trotted closer, helping the Pony move a heavier, larger equipment. "I'll go and invite every pony who's every pony. They can't refuse if the Hoofster invites them - especially the ladies." And just like that, the Pony just stood there, smiling to himself.

pendarious

After finishing her meal and cleaning her mouth Luminescent Dusk fallowed after Luna "hmm..I suppose your right Luna....ah you don't mind me speaking so informally while in maneflow do you?" she asked quickly. Though it had been hammered in her head to always address royalty formally she believed that if she were to be the princesses friend she might be able to get away with the informality at least outside of canterlot.

Empyrean

"Of course you may! Is that not what friends do?" She seemed to be asking an honest question there.

While she waited for an answer she trotted along at Dusk's side, strolling slowly through town and nodding pleasantly at those who greeted her.

pendarious

"so they say" Luminescent Dusk smiled "I only ask because you are a princess and it is hammered into courtiers heads to be formal with royalty."  She explained this with a bit of a chuckle. She was being rather honest with her newfound friend. "Keep in mind that anytime we return to canterlot I'll revert to formal speech patterns"

HopeFox

Timber Crash followed Heavy Hoof and No Mark into the barn, squinting against the dust in the air. "Hey, this is actually really nice. There's a lot of space here! Or there will be once we clear this stuff out." He drew a length of rope out of his harness and trotted into the gloom, attaching himself to a small plough leaning against the wall. "Let's show the Princess and Dusk what us Maneflow earth ponies can do with a bit of work!" he commented as he dragged the equipment out into the sunshine.

He worked steadily along with the others, chattering away regardless of whether anypony was listening or not. He let No Mark handle the dusting and cleaning, spending most of his time walking in and out with farm equipment in his mouth or strapped to his harness.

He nodded eagerly at the idea of inviting the rest of the town to the party. "Great idea! I'm... not sure what Princess Luna eats either. I mean, she doesn't sleep. I can't imagine not sleeping. She probably eats hay like everypony else. Really good hay, though - I bet they have all the best clover and lucerne in Canterlot. I usually buy a couple of bales of hay when I'm in town, then just graze a bit on whatever I find in the forest." He hummed to himself, pondering. "I'll get some hay - that's a good standby, everypony likes a bit of hay - and round it out with some apples, carrots... ooh, oranges are in season too, that'll liven things up a bit. I'll mix in some herbs, as well, there's a really nice mix of wild oregano and garlic that goes great with hay and apples." He hopped from hoof to hoof excitedly as he came up with ideas. "This is going to be great!"

Mac84

No Mark nodded to Heavy Hoofs recommendation.

"Miss Sugar Cane could help us with the snacks"

Trotting across town, he saw Princess Luna and Miss Dusk across the town square.

"Good Morning Princess, Miss Dusk"

No Mark hardly ever raises his voice and he very surprised at the fact. No Matter however, as He waved.

Continuing on, Sugar Cane was just opening for the Day. She was startled to see him waiting outside her shop.

"Oh, No Mark. This is...uh...a surprise. I never see you around the shop, or eating sweets for that matter. What can I do for you?"

"Good Morning Miss Cane. Mr. Heavy Hoof, Timber Crash, and myself are throwing a welcome party for the Princess and Miss Dusk. I was asked to find snacks. The whole town is invited."

"A PARTY! My stars, what do you want. Cakes, fudge, candy?

Sugar Cane began to bounce in excitement.

"uh, uh. A cake and some small snacks would be nice."

No Mark began to back away slowly, obviously uncomfortable with the overly excited pony.

"Sure, No problem. what time is the party?"

"4 o'clock, Ma'am"

Sugar cane gave a huge smile.

"It'll be my best work yet.

After thanking her, No Mark went off to find Timber Crash to see if he needed any help.

Empyrean

Luna waved to No Mark and smiled when she saw him, then continued on her way, nodding to Dusk. "Of course. I understand. The court can be most unforgiving of breaches of protocol. I think that's why 'Tia loves pranking them when she can."

She proceeded towards the mayor's office, only to see the elderly stallion come running out, his face sweaty. Spotting the Princess, he did a cursory bow, blanched a white that was vastly different from his brown fur, and then stammered for a moment before regaining himself.

"P-Princess Luna! Err...I'm sure it's nothing. P-please wait for me here! D-don't follow!" With that, he turned and galloped off towards the hills.

Luna looked at Dusk in confusion. "Please tell me that this is not an example of normal behavior in the modern day."

pendarious

Luminescent Dusk waved and smiled back at No Mark as well when he happened to have called out to them and waved. Then the princess made her remark about celestia's trolling the court whenever she was able to. This mad the unicorn chuckle. she did so love how the princesses sometimes behaved.

The mayor came running out in a panic pale and sweaty. He bowed and then bid they not fallow them leading to the prinecesses confused question. "NO this is rather uncommon...in fact as far as i'm aware such things only happen when there is some sort of trouble brewing in the town and the Mayors do not wish to involve the court unneccisarily"

FazzEagle

"That's right; we're brewing up a party in town and we want every pony to be involved."

Most of the Ponies of Maneflow - except those tending to their homes and stores - had already gathered at the center of their home, called out by none other than Heavy Hoof himself. Having finished all their work cleaning up the barn, all three of them had went their separate ways, each doing the job assigned to them. Being a Pony of charisma - at least to most of the Ponies' eyes - Heavy Hoof had no problem persuading the ponies in attendance to attend the party, promising them free food and meeting the Princess herself. Once his announcement was done, all the Ponies started chatting it up among each other, trying to decide what to do or wear for the occasion.

Needless to say, Heavy Hoof was proud of his work.

"Hoofster, you've done it again," he said to himself before directing his voice back to the Ponies, "Alright, let's make this a party the Princess will never forget!... oh hey, look - it's the mayor." Spotting the Mayor galloping in their direction, Heavy Hoof smiled in greeting. "Hey, Mayor, we're going to have a... party... this after... nooon...?" However, the Mayor simply continued his gallop away from the scene, leaving every pony in silence for a moment. "... huh, must be a busy day for him - s'not easy being Mayor. .... his loss though." He then looked back at the rest. "Alright, who's with me!"

And just like that, the Ponies cheered excitedly.