My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic (Game Thread)

Started by Empyrean, August 19, 2011, 03:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FazzEagle

"Mare in the Moon..." Heavy Hoof muttered to himself... He mused strongly... only to shake his head. "Nope! Never heard of it. I wasn't the kind of filly to hear bedtime stories... I uh... had other things to do." Apparently, it was possible for some ponies not to hear about it. However, when the princess mentioned if she was 'worth his friendship', he suddenly holds up one of his hooves. "WHOA whoa whoa, let me stop you right there, Princess. To me, it doesn't matter what or WHO you used to be - all that matters is who you are now. What kind of friend would I be to judge a Pony from where he's from, right?" Then, he looked towards the male ponies. "Right?" Then, specifically No Mark. "Bro Hoof me, Bro."

Mac84

No Mark tentatively returned Heavy Hoof's "Brohoof". He wasn't sure if this was practical joke like that which were played on him so much as colt. However, it was a pleasent feeling.

"Mr. Hoof is Right. For what's worth, I would like to be friends."

He gave another goofy smile, something that was coming for frequently since accompanying this group of ponies

pendarious

"your majesty even knowing about that...it matters little for I will be by your side.......I wish to be your friend" Luminescent Dusk remarked to princess Luna whilst bowing slightly. She meant every word of it too.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

HopeFox

Timber Crash listened intently to Princess Luna's description of the royal duties, then looked surprised when Heavy Hoof revealed that he didn't know what had happened, either in the distant past or recently. He nodded in agreement with Heavy Hoof's statement, though. "Definitely right, Heavy Hoof." He held up his front right hoof to Heavy Hoof for a brohoof, but turned to face Princess Luna.

"I have to admit, the last solstice was kinda scary. Actually... really scary. I wasn't at the celebration in town, I was at my house by the forest, but I stayed up anyway because that's what you do, right? I remember thinking about how nice the moon looked, and then the Mare in the Moon disappeared. And then the sun didn't come up, and... well, I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to get caught out in the meadow by myself if something happened, so I stayed in my cottage and watched the trees.

"But then you let the sun come up and everything was okay! And now the sun and the moon are fine, and the trees are growing and everything is good! And you let me talk about trees all day, and normally ponies get bored of that pretty quickly. So... whatever happened, it's alright now. I like you, and I think all the ponies here like you, so... yeah! I could do with another friend, and ooh! The forest isn't really safe at night, but I bet if you were with us, it'd be safe, and I'd really like to see what it's like at night. We could... oh, sorry, there I go again. I do want to be your friend, is the point."

He gave Luna a bit of a goofy grin, swishing his tail from side to side.
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Empyrean

Luna looked at the ponies assembled before her in a visible expression of shock. How could anypony want to be her friend, given what she was? What she had tried to do?! But as she stared at them, it slowly dawned on her that they were being serious. A pinkish blush rose to her cheeks. She looked at her hooves diffidently. When she could trust herself to talk, it came out in a choked whisper. "Thank you all."

After a moment's silence she started towards the town itself at a full gallop. "Come on friends! Time to watch the moon rise!" In that moment she was neither Princess nor Night Goddess, but a young mare who was truly happy with the world. Her mane flowed about her like a banner as she raced towards the highest hilltop in Maneflow, ready to give her new friends front-row seats for the first night-summoning she'd done in a millennium. She was actually laughing as she went.

FazzEagle

He listened to the others as they agreed with him about becoming friends with the Princess. They all each had their reason, but in the end it doesn't matter what the Princess was or used to be - they would have accepted her for who she is nevertheless. Heavy Hoof smiled back in return towards the Princess as she thanked them, Hoof glancing at the others who he hoped was thinking what he was thinking: staying quiet to let the Princess have her moment - showing that there was some form of understanding within that egotistical exterior. As the Pony of royalty raced out of the mansion and towards the hilltop of Maneflow, Heavy Hoof glances towards his 'friends' as well. "Well, you heard the lady. Onwards, bronies and ponies...!" And the Pony started chasing after the Princess at full-gallop, with Heavy Hoof apparently looking like he was leading the others to her.

pendarious

Luminescent Dusk smiled as the princess thanked them all for expressing friendship to her. her smile grew a bit wider as the young Alicorn called them friends and then sped off. She herself began to gallop right after Heavy Hoof. The unicorn's cape and mane billowed in the wind behind her as she galloped towards the hill top to watch Princess Luna's first moon raising in a thousand years.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

HopeFox

Timber Crash beamed happily as Princess Luna's expression changed from shock to joy. He neighed happily in agreement with Heavy Hoof's exhortation, galloping after him towards the hill. He fairly skipped between bouts of galloping, Luna's mood obviously rubbing off on him. "This is so exciting!" he exclaimed to the other ponies near him as he ran. "It's like the first day of spring, or the Running of the Leaves, but it hasn't happened in over a thousand years! I can't believe I'm here for this!" He watched Luna and Heavy Hoof ahead of him while he galloped along, admiring the flow of Luna's mane and thinking about how much it resembled the night sky.

Empyrean

Luna's wild gallop took her through the town center, where ponies had already begun to go about their business after the grand entrance. Those who were still present stopped and stared as the alicorn flew past, and even the guards who had accompanied her were caught flat-footed. Murmurs grew and rose, and soon ponies who had already left were coming back to see what all the fuss was about. As had always been true in small towns, word spread fast.

When she reached the hilltop, she stopped and looked to the sky for several moments. The sun was already lowering to the west. She bathed in it's light as it went, closing her eyes. For a time she almost seemed to be in communion with something or someone. The wind slowly picked up around her, carrying the scents of wildflowers. Her purplish mane flowed like a banner.  She took several deep breaths, then lifted her face to the sky. Red, orange, and pink light streaked over the village and the watching ponies as the sun seemed to rapidly disappear past the horizon, faster than normal.

Luna remained an impassive statue for a moment in the sudden gloaming of dusk. Then she opened her eyes and looked at the twilight sky. The veil of purple and blue rippled, flowing through shades of light and dark. The clouds above parted slowly, allowing the world to see the first gleam of starlight far above. Then came another, and another. As the minutes pass, the sky cleared to reveal a glimmering field of stars blazing against the blackness.

Everything fell silent then. For a moment it seemed as if all was done. Then the crescent moon cutie mark at her throat and flanks began to glow with silver light. Her wings spread wide and her horn raised high as she took to the skies. She stood in silhouette, outlined by starlight. Then her horn began to glow with silver light. Behind her, slowly, majestically, the full moon arose in a white-and-silver blaze over the night sky. Full darkness settled in as it rose, and with it came the sounds and cries of nocturnal animals and birds as the night truly began. Luna let out an exhilarated, passionate cry that echoed over the hills and the town.

The citizens of Maneflow were left agog with wonder and excitement down at the bottom of the hill. All save one tiny filly, who looked at the night sky with tears in her eyes before trotting away sadly.

HopeFox

Timber Crash galloped along with the others, jumping nimbly over rocks and bushes that he could just as easily have steered around, but just jumped for the sheer pleasure of movement. Princess Luna's enthusiasm was clearly contagious. He skidded to a halt as Luna stopped on the hilltop, sensing the princess's mood change to one of deep concentration. He backed away slowly, not wanting to be quite so close to the alicorn when she was exercising such great power.

He watched the sun dip below the horizon, wondering if it were moving faster than usual. Probably just my imagination, he mused, since he couldn't usually see the sunset from his house anyway. It's not like Princess Celestia would get the sun out of the way more quickly for... ooh, maybe. For the first time, he wondered what the relationship between the two princesses must be like these days. Having no siblings himself, he probably couldn't relate.

Timber Crash looked up at the sky as Luna concentrated, then gasped as the sky rippled and the stars began to shine. Not in all his life had he seen a night sky of such beauty. He was quite certain there weren't usually this many stars in the sky. Watching the stars intently, he was taken aback when the moon itself rose from the east, casting its silvery light over the hill. He gazed at the majestic orb in wonder, as if truly seeing it for the first time. When Luna gave her cry of triumph, he stomped his hooves in applause, tears welling in his eyes.

pendarious

Luminescent Dusk halted not far from Princess Luna as she watched the Alicorn shift into a state of concentration. She watched the sun sink below the horizon and then as the stars began to blink inot view. Soon the moon rose into the night sky and the princess cheered in triumph as she rose the moon for the first time in a melinium. "Bravo your majesty" Luminescent Dusk called in a tone that was barely louder than her usual speaking voice. She had a bright smile on her face as she stared at the Alicorn.

FazzEagle

Heavy Hoof watched as the Princess did what she had said she would do, and though he thought her claim earlier was farfetched, he had to eat his own words when he actually saw the moon move up into the sky as if by Luna's will alone. Then came the stars. A lot of Ponies around him started to get emotional over the whole thing, and he can't help but feel those same emotions rubbing off on him. "I've seen the night so many times but..." Heavy Hoof said, only to stop midway to stop himself from letting tears flow, "... manly Ponies don't cry... manly Ponies don't... OH, who am I kidding...!" He pulls both No Mark and Timber Crash to his side in a tight hug. "It's so BEAUTIFUL...! IT'S OKAY TO CRY TONIGHT, BROS...!"

Mac84

When the other ponies let out of the manor. No Mark was at a lost on what to do. He seemingly trotted in place for a moment. His mind and body on two different wave lengths. He had figuratively kick himself to get himself to run after the others. Like Princess Luna, he also was very inexperienced with "friends".

"W-wait for me!"

He burst through the entrance way of the manor and was nearly out the garden before he realized that he left the front door wide.

"Oh dear. That won't do."

Sheepishly he turned back and closed the door. Now he was running behind and had to catch up. He sprinted as fast as he go. His long tail and mane fluttering behind him. However, running was not one of his strong suits. He made it to the hill just as the last rays of the setting sun slipped beyond the horizon. He managed to find Heavy Hoof and the others in the dim light.

"Thank goodness. I am not late."

He sat there speechless as Luna raised the moon and summoned the night. He was amazed. Such a small pony could do such a thing.

"Wow"

It was the only thing he bring himself to say. His mouth hung open as Heavy Hoof put his hoof around his shoulder.

Empyrean

Luna floated down to the others, face flushed with triumph and a pleased embarrassment. She hadn't given way to such emotion since her return, and certainly not in public. Yet somehow, she couldn't bring herself to feel bad for it. She smiled at the others present, blowing a stray bit of mane from her face.

She looked at her new friends and smiled. "I hope you all liked it." The sounds of other ponies approaching and the clamor of the townfolk could be heard, but for this moment, it was just Luna and her friends on the hilltop.

pendarious

Luminescent Dusk smiled at princess Luna "Very well done your highness...I hope that didn't put too much strain on you" The unicorn's smile didn't fade as she spoke. She was proud to have been preasent for the event and for the first time since she was told she was going to be coming here she was glad she hadn't stayed at canterlot.

FazzEagle

"Oh, I definitely liked it," Heavy Hoof said, stepping forward - apparently having wiped off the tears from his eyes earlier and wrapping one forearm around the back of Luminescent Dusk's neck, "It was almost... 'romantic'..." He shifts his eyes towards Luminescent Dusk once more. "... wouldn't you agree?" He kept his sights on her for a moment as if waiting for some form of validation before he suddenly turns his attention towards the two male Ponies. "And uh... about what happened earlier: I'd appreciate it if you two don't... mention it to anyone else. NOT ONE WORD!" He points to Timber Crash. "I'm looking at YOU, Tree Lover." Then, the big Pony suddenly smiles again, wrapping both his forearms around his bros, flashing a smile to the girls. "Now then... on behalf of the Bronies present here, I'd like to thank you for showing us something so amazing. If there's anything you'd like from us in return, just name it - we'd be glad to repay the favor. We uh... probably can't raise the sun or the moon for you... but you get the idea."

HopeFox

Timber Crash allowed himself to be pulled happily into the hug with the other stallions, putting a foreleg around Heavy Hoof's shoulders. "It's just so beautiful, isn't it? I can't believe I haven't been paying attention to the sky until now! I'll definitely take the time to watch the moonrise from now on. I can't really see it setting from my house, what with the forest."

He nodded eagerly to Princess Luna's query, watching her flight admiringly. "It was amazing! You really have a gift, Your Highness. I haven't seen anything so beautiful in my life. You must have... must have missed doing that so much..." He found himself sniffling again, and extricated a foreleg from the group hug to wipe his eyes. "I think... everypony is glad to have you back."

He chuckled at Heavy Hoof and butted the huge stallion's shoulder with his head. "Come on, you said it yourself, it's okay to cry. Not many ponies will ever get to see anything like what we just saw." He nodded in agreement with his next statement. "What he said, Your Highness. We want to show you how much we appreciate what we just saw."

pendarious

Luminescent Dusk rolled her eyes at Heavy Hoof and his "romantic" remark. She then listened to the other two talk about doing anything in return for the princess showing them the moon rising.  She then looked at Heavy Hoof "you honestly are such a softy arent you?" she had an amused expression on her face.

She then looked to Luna "we should get home now your majesty you have to get up early for a meeting with the mayor" She really hated being a stick in the mud right now but she was Luna's assistant which of course meant she had to keep Luna's schedual which fortunately for the princess didn't consist anything other than meeting the mayor. After that there wasno real schedual until Luna made one herself.

Mac84

No Mark excitedly nodded his head in agreement with both Heavy Hoof and Timber Crash. It was quite a sight and left him speechless. While he didn't say any thing. He too wanted to express his gratitiude to the princess for only showing them such a wonderful sight, but also becoming one of No Marks very first friends.

"how bout we throw a "Welcome Princess Luna and Luminesent Dusk" party?

FazzEagle

Heavy Hoof looks to the side, grinning weakly to himself. "What can I say?" Heavy Hoof said, "The Hoofster looks after his friends and Bronies. My muscles are far from 'soft' though!" Heavy Hoof steps forward, flexing one forearm. "Come on, give it a feel." However, his attention was once again shifted when he heard No Mark's idea, Hoof turning his powerful neck to look at the Pony with - at first - an unamused expression, before a smile would form. "Say... That's not a bad idea! ...I like the way you think, 'Blank Flank'." Heavy Hoof looks towards Princess Luna and Luminescent Dusk. "Alright. Let's have a 'Welcome Party' for the Princess - and her lovely assistant, Lumy - tomorrow! We can use the barn back at my place. It will be awesome!" Apparently, Heavy Hoof didn't even think he had the need to ask the others if they were fine with the idea - he apparently just decided it to be so on his own.

Empyrean

Luna blushed, her cheeks turning a bright blue at the praise. "I think a party would be lovely! Dusk, can you handle the arrangements? It sounds like I'll be busy in the morning with the Mayor. But I'm looking forward to seeing what you all come up with! And then maybe we can prepare for that expedition to the mountains?"

As she finished speaking, the townsponies reached them, filling the air with excited clamor and hoof-stomping applause. Luna blushed again under all the attention, but she stuck close to her new friends and didn't let the crowd pull her away.

pendarious

Luminescent Dusk nodded "Certainly princess. I'll take care of arrangements and the likes" she smiled to Luna. She then watched as the crowd of townsponies made their way up the hill towards them. She couldn't blame them for being excited but she believed they needed to calm down at least a little bit. she then looked at Heavy Hoof "That barn is clean yes?"

FazzEagle

"Well, with a little bit of--" However, the growing crowd and the noises they made were drowning his voice, forcing him to make a sudden halt of his sentence. "With a little bit of--...!" Again, his voice was drowned, but this time the big Pony turned around, facing the crowd and the noise. "KEEP IT DOWN! Can't you see I'm trying to talk here!" The crowd seemingly heeded his words and toned down their volume, and just like that Heavy Hoof's expression shifted back into a gentle smile. "... thank you - love you Ponies. Stay cool." He once again turned his attention back to Luminescent Dusk. "As I was saying... With a little bit of cleaning and moving, the barn will be as clean as you want it to be. But don't you worry your pretty little hooves: the Hoofster will take care of that. Besides... If 'Blank Flank' here can clean up a whole mansion, what's a barn to him, right?" He turned his head, looking over at No Mark. "Isn't that right, Bro? Of course it is. High hoof me." He raised his hoof, offering it to the quieter Pony.

HopeFox

Timber Crash nodded excitedly at No Mark's suggestion of a party. "What a great idea! This is definitely worth celebrating! See, look how excited everypony is!" He turned to look down the hill, impressed at the size of the crowd that Luna's display had drawn. "Party at your barn, then, Heavy Hoof? Sounds good to me!"

He turned back to Luna and bowed his head to her. "I'm glad your return has gone so well, Your Highness! Yeah, we should probably all get some sleep... except... I kinda figured you'd be nocturnal, like the owls and the wolves and things? I mean, it's none of my business, I just remember that's how it was in all the old stories about Equestria." He shuffled his hooves awkwardly, but still grinned, evidently high on the excitement and joy of the evening.

Empyrean

Luna smiled at Timber Crash's enthusiasm. "It's okay. Actually, neither Celestia nor I need sleep really. But it is nice, and yes, I usually am nocturnal. But ever since I've been back I've been trying to adjust to how life in Equestria works, and since most ponies seem to be about by day, I've been staying up more. Sister has been talking about us sharing our rulership duties again once she feels I'm recovered, and I want to be sure I'm used to functioning on the same time as everypony else. Sometimes I still wish more ponies stayed up to enjoy the night, but I've come to see that there is a balance to things, and the world needs its' rest times as well as its' active times. And speaking of rest, I don't want to keep you all from yours."

She proceeded down the hill, exchanging polite greetings and small talk with the assembled ponies. But she never stopped. She was on her way back to the mansion, to prepare for whatever the next day would bring.