In the Shadows of Olympus [Eclipse Phase FATE, Non-Con: Exotic] [Closed]

Started by AnneReinard, January 18, 2016, 08:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wander

Every network so far mentioned in EP;

Quote@-rep: Autonomists
c-rep: Civicnet, the hypercorp network.
e-rep: Ecologists (usually Reclaimers and the like)
f-rep: Fame (for the Media stars and socialites, the higher-ups)
g-rep: Guanxi, the organised crime darknet.
i-rep (Eye-Rep); The Firewall network.
r-rep: For SCIENCE!!
U-rep: The Ultimates.
X-rep: Gatecrashers.

I see Mark having rep with @, c (just a little), i (the most, given his skill list) and r. Though he could easily have f-rep for his slap slap kiss relations with specific bored wife socialites and also some X-rep, he may have done some gatecrashing in the past, perhaps.

FarFetched

AndyZ

•   CivicNet:used by the Jovian Republic, LunarLagrange Alliance, Morningstar Constellation,
Planetary  Consortium,  and  many  hypercorps,
referred to as c-rep.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

FarFetched

Hexed

Okay. Reworked Forklift a bit, mostly on backstory but did add a few stunts and swap some skills around. Wondering if I should drop Survival for X-Risk skill.

Also a little uncertain of a final aspect and trait for her drone.  Any help would be highly appreciated!

Found a couple pics that I'm torn between using for her primary morph form.
Origional Picture
Option 1
Option 2
Option 3
Option 4

Forklift

Info

HandleForklift
NameJames Jackson
FactionCriminal
Background  Indenture
Refresh2

Aspects

High Concept  Fringe Fixer
TroubleOh Shiny! How does it work?
Other 1The Titans will be back.
Other 2Always Moar Power!

Skills
+4 Hardware, Pilot
+3 Programming, Infosec
+2 Fight, Medicine, Somatics
+1 Athletics, Willpower, Notice, Shoot, Survival

Stunts
Ego Pilot Bot Jammer
Morph Strength (Pleasure Pod)
Gear Covert Operations (COT) Tool
Extra Morph Automech
Gear Nanofabricator
Refresh

Morph

AspectsShortstack Pleasure Pod; Mechanically Augmented
TraitsEssential Pod Traits, Common, Stigma (Pleasure Pod)
Custom TraitsManipulators (Wrist-mounted tools), Environmental Adaption (Extreme temperature tolerance), Mobility (Limber)
StuntsNone
DurabilityAverage (+1)
Stress Boxes3-stress
Refresh0
Cred/Civ Rep Cost  Good (+3)

Drone
Pic

AspectsTracked Automech; Second Aspect
TraitsEssential Bot Traits, Common
Custom TraitsNatural Weapon (SMG), Manipulators (Extendable Tool Arms)
UNCERTAIN
StuntsNone
DurabilityAverage (+1)
Stress Boxes3-stress
Refresh0
Cred/Civ Rep Cost  Fair (+2)

Muse
Name Neko the Black Cat
+2 Investigate
+1 Infosec
Stress Boxes 2-Stress

Drone AI
Morph Automech
AIWhisler
+2 Shoot
+1 Athletics/Somatics/pilot(Which would be better for a more vehicle style drone?)
Stress Boxes 2-Stress

Background
James Jackson was born on earth and for the most part had a fairly boring life. After drifting through school and a few minor jobs he'd eventually put his knack for machines to use working for a small distribution facility running their heavy machines and putting them back together as use and age wore them down.

This all changed during the fall where James and his coworkers frantically attempted to use their machinery to keep the tide of very bad things from getting them. After hours of frantic effort, including the use of an old style forklift as an ad-hoc jouster the small group of workers managed to egocast off of earth.

James woke up not in orbit at the arranged site but within VR sim before a rather stressed man who explained that the company James had worked for had run out of funds and was unable to fufil its restoration contract with its workers. In order to assist in re-sheathing James the man was able to provide several different indenture contracts for various work. In hindsight being a mouthy asshole to a rather overworked employee was not one of James better moments.

In the end he accepted a rather minor contract as a mantenence personel for a small facility. Sadly he'd not read the contract well enough and woke within the server of a brothel where he was to act as a combination security system and repair man using a pair of low-grade Case morphs to jam into. Between the infomorph state and the mechanical bodies it didn't take long for him to approach the brothel employer about adding a biological body to his contract for entertainment reasons. A misscomunication led him to being on the wrong side of the brothel's workforce when he was finally allowed time in a pod body but it didn't take long for the sensations to overwhelm him. It was a rather enthusiastic James who took up the moniker of Forklift and threw themselves into their work. What little free time was left to them was buried in preparation. After all there was no way the Titans were truely gone. And not even the pleasures of the flesh would keep Forklift from being ready for them. Credits earned were quickly sunk into one of several little projects she had going instead of being formed into a nest-egg for future use, not that any of her coworkers complained about the addition of a Automech security drone or the short and busty pleasure pod she'd commissioned.

Eventually her contract was payed off, even with all the extras she'd added over time. Gathering up her belongings she set out and promptly ran into a Firewall recruitment agent that had noticed her constant searching for information on Titans and X-risks.

Stress and Consequences

Ego Stress1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ]
Morph Stress1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ]
Muse Stress1[ ] 2[ ]
Drone AI Stress1[ ] 2[ ]
Automech Stress1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ]
Mild Consequence (2)---
Moderate Consequence (4)  ---
Major Consequence (6)---

Bot Jammer
Gain +2 on Pilot actions when jamming a drone or bot

Strength
The morph has cybernetic arms and legs, enhanced muscle fibers, pneumatic waldo arms, or some other augmentation to physical strength.

You have +2 when bringing your enhanced strength to bear would make significant difference. This can’t be used for attack or defend actions.

Covert Operations Tool
Handheld Infiltration Device containing smart matter micromanipulators, cutting tools, and a specialized nanohive that produces nanobots that can cut through almost any material and disable or open almost any electronic lock.

Cutting out a lock or boring a 1-millimeter hole in a wall takes 10 seconds. Cutting out a 1-meter hole requires 10 minutes. The nanobots can later be used to repair damage so that it is invisible to any but the most careful and detailed examination. Can easily open old fashioned mechanical locks by analysing it and shaping an appropriate key within 1 minute.

Can be used to open electronic locks by infiltrating them with nanobots that influence the locks electronics, no matter what authentication system the lock uses. The COT gives you +2 on hardware actions to break and enter.

Nanofabricator
A portable microfacturing device. You may use Programming instead of Credit or Reputation to aquire gear, although you must have blueprints of the gear you wish to print.

Kinks
Not very interested in very painful things such as heavy beatings, cutting up during sex, etc. Or toilet functions. Other then those am willing to try a good number of things although I'm not very good with playing dom.

FarFetched

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

wander

1 seems really fitting based on the game art in the books, I agree with Andy that 2 does say mechanic, 3 would be good for a simulspace avatar more than an actual character pic in base reality and 4 is amazingly attractive.

I like 1 and 4 next as the best two, IMO. :)

ThisOneGal

I'd suggest 4; it seems more Pleasure Pod-y.

As for the Drone Aspect, how about 'Personal Project'?

Quote+1 Athletics/Somatics/pilot(Which would be better for a more vehicle style drone?)

As I understand it:

Athletics will help it move around/avoid damage by moving.
Survival will help it avoid damage by taking cover.
Somatics will make it tougher (better at managing hardware systems, re-routing power, etc.) and give it 3-stress Bot/Morph box.
Willpower will make the AI more 'durable' (better firewalls, more software redundancy, etc.) and give it 3-stress AI/Ego box.
Pilot isn't used for AI's to operate their own bots. If you want it to operate multiple bots, then maybe this? (So hacking an enemy bot and having your AI drive that bot and itself around would use Pilot).

wander

Also Pilot would be the better skill for a vehicle drone, in that regard.  :-)

Hexed

Quote from: ThisOneGal on January 30, 2016, 02:58:34 PM
As for the Drone Aspect, how about 'Personal Project'?

As I understand it:

That does sound good for a drone's aspect. Thanks!

As for the skills bots count as synthmorphs right? So somatics doesn't actually effect the durability of the body? So even though it's wheeled Whistler's probably better off with +1 athletics. Unless I'm actually misreading the info in EPFate in which case your description of Somatics makes it ideal for the drone.

I do agree picture 3 is a little... out there. But it would make a hilarious customized Case morph at least. :)

Also Jamming in is purely mental actions so that means utilizing the multitasking stunt would let a player personally control a number of drones instead of relying upon bot AI?
Multitasking

Multi-tasking
Not only do you think extremely fast, you do it in parallel. You have an advanced computer installed in your
brain that uses the data in your cortical stack to create several simultaneous short-term forks to handle various
mental tasks.

However, these forks can only perform purely mental or on-line interactions. Only characters with cortical
stacks can possess this augmentation.

Stunt: Your talent for multi-tasking gives you some metaphorical firepower in tense cerebral situations. You
can treat a delta fork of yourself (p. XX) as another person for the purposes of teamwork.

Your fork can only handle mental tasks that can be performed internally or involve the mesh. To use this, you
must pay a fate point or otherwise invoke an appropriate aspect, though the effect lasts the entire scene or conflict.

Jamming

Jamming
Characters with control over a bot or vehicle may assume direct control, treating the device as if it were their
morph temporarily. This may be done using mental actions, so it's a popular option with bodiless AIs. While jamming,
a character may take no physical actions in their own morph. Slipping from jamming back to one's body, or over to
another controlled device to jam, takes a single move action if in conflict.

If a device is destroyed while a character is jamming it, they must still take a move action to reestablish
control of their own morph or other device on their next action.

ThisOneGal

Quote from: Hexed on January 30, 2016, 05:52:24 PM
As for the skills bots count as synthmorphs right? So somatics doesn't actually effect the durability of the body?

Oh, right, my brain derped. >.<

wander

Not the GM, but I'd allow the multi-tasking to do that. You need to pay a FP or invoke a relevant aspect, so it's not like it's something that's free to do in that regard and nothing in the wording seems to say you couldn't do that... I think.

AnneReinard

Okay. I hate to do this to people, but let me just give the quick and dirty nutshell.

I am not in the emotional state where I can focus on running a game at the moment. It is a combination of factors. For the sake of full disclosure (because I have hideous Catholic guilt about such situations), I'll share a little bit of personal stuff. But the gist is I'm going to not run this anytime soon - but if I ever come back to it, I will draw people back in hopefully!

1. A close family member had a near-death trip to the hospital recently and I need to start planning around how that will be handled. There is good odds that I will need to go out and donate an organ. Whee!

2. My work has accelerated again, along with the impostor syndrome that goes along with it. Especially as I get closer to getting my doctorate and I still don't have a single published paper! Oh god!

The nutshell is I don't think that I will be a very good GM at this point and will be bowing out of this experience, as much as I love Eclipse Phase. If things turn up, I'll try to get back into this, since there was SO much lovely interest. Apologies to everybody who put in so much amazing work so far!
Ons and Offs

Always free for a little teasing back and forth. Or suggestions to titles to make this exhibitionist squirm! I adore silly little PMs.

wander

Sorry to hear that Anne, sounds like things are tough your end.

If ever need to, feel free to hit me up with a PM if you need to talk, vent etc. I'll be keeping an eye out and hopefully when things are better I'll be available to play if this comes back again. :)

FarFetched

Noooooo...!

No trouble, Anne. It's a darn shame this RP couldn't come about, but as always, IRL > RP. I hope you're feeling better soon.

ThisOneGal

That sounds rough. I hope everything works out well for you in the end.

Hmm. Probably tacky to ask this right away, but anyone else up for GMing an Eclipse Phase game? I could try, but not super convinced of my reliability/skill.

wander

I would like to play my character, now that I have him. Not up for GMing, still up for playing, even if it turns into a solo game.

FarFetched

Quote from: ThisOneGal on January 31, 2016, 04:15:26 PM
That sounds rough. I hope everything works out well for you in the end.

Hmm. Probably tacky to ask this right away, but anyone else up for GMing an Eclipse Phase game? I could try, but not super convinced of my reliability/skill.
Nothing tacky about it- it's only natural to want to play something you've put so much thought into!

Personally, I'm crackerjack at making stories for the sentinels to deal with, but I'm absolutely balls at running the numbers behind the scenes. I don't think I could run as a GM without playing the game myself at least once. That said, if anyone wants to continue as GM and needs help running interesting missions, I can certainly aid!

AndyZ

The reason I have RL>RP in my profile is because real life takes precedent.  I'm sad, but I also know it happens.

I don't know the story nearly well enough to try to GM, though.

Hexed

To add to the broken records! RL does take precedent and here's hoping things take a better turn for you and your relative.

And especially good luck on getting a paper published.

Sadly I make a rather horrid GM. Especially a setting I know so little about.

ThisOneGal

Quote from: FarFetched on January 31, 2016, 04:30:36 PM
Personally, I'm crackerjack at making stories for the sentinels to deal with, but I'm absolutely balls at running the numbers behind the scenes. I don't think I could run as a GM without playing the game myself at least once. That said, if anyone wants to continue as GM and needs help running interesting missions, I can certainly aid!

I'm probably decent-ish at the mechanical side of GM-ing, but crap at the coming-up-with-interesting-plots part, so I'd be game for you co-GM-ing/having me steal all your plot ideas. ^^

AnneReinard

Thank you all so very much for the understanding! I had one of those pits in my stomach typing up that last post even. I'm a big softie at heart.

And certainly not tacky - I totally understand if people desired to go ahead on things without me, were they able to find the GM. I just wish I had more to offer at the moment!
Ons and Offs

Always free for a little teasing back and forth. Or suggestions to titles to make this exhibitionist squirm! I adore silly little PMs.

FarFetched

Quote from: ThisOneGal on January 31, 2016, 10:04:07 PM
I'm probably decent-ish at the mechanical side of GM-ing, but crap at the coming-up-with-interesting-plots part, so I'd be game for you co-GM-ing/having me steal all your plot ideas. ^^
Done deal! I'll start writing some ideas tomorrow tonight. I guess Jane will be a Router, then?

(Also... youhavetomakethecut BAI!)

ThisOneGal

Quote from: FarFetched on January 31, 2016, 11:07:58 PM
I guess Jane will be a Router, then?

Eh, she can roll as a Sentinel if you like. Just because I'm stealing your ideas doesn't mean I'll use them as is. :P
Should probably make a plot point out of it though.

Red probably won't be in the game, 'cause I have no faith in my ability to not go all GMPC with her.
Even though I was really hyped to play as her. T_T
Ah well.

Quote(Also... youhavetomakethecut BAI!)

Eh, I'll probably just roll with everyone who's applied. In my experience group RPs have so much attrition that the group will end up self-selecting to be 'whoever is left/still here'.

QuoteI'll start writing some ideas tomorrow tonight

As a note, I will probably move the setting from Olympus to Valles-New Shanghai or Noctis-Qianjiao. There's just more moving parts to play with there.

If people have a preference between Valles-New Shanghai or Noctis-Qianjiao, speak up, I guess.

I'll probably end up creating a new recruitment thread at some point as well. I'll link to it when it's up. It'll serve partly to re-organize characters (they're spread all over the goddamn place now), and as a filter (if you don't show up, you don't get selected :P).