News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Galactic Academy

Started by Vandren, February 28, 2007, 07:46:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vandren

Ok, I've bounced this off a few people, and the response seems to be pretty good, so it's time to go public.  :)

Galactic Academy
The Galactic Academy is a student’s dream come true: a twelve square mile complex outfitted with dozens of labs, theaters, stadia, gymnasia, large individual dorm rooms, and a 10:1 student to faculty ratio leading to no scheduled classes.  Those alone might cause many students to drool uncontrolably.  But, there is more.  The Galactic Academy not only offers a chance to study with some of the top faculty in the known universe, it travels from system to system, planet to planet.  Why simply study Artemisian archaeology from books when the university’s stopping at Artemis next month?  What’s the best way to learn Furyan?  The university will be orbiting Fury for the next two weeks while its capacitors recharge, practice with the locals.

The Galactic Academy is housed in a converted luxury liner, replaced long ago.  For the last sixty years it has been the educational playground of the elite.  In fact, only in the last two decades have middle and lower class students been accepted (or able to afford the school without joining the ROTC or military), thanks to a few score scholarships and an endowment from well-off alumni.

Since I already have 4-5 interested parties, I'll request a board within the next couple hours and will post a link here ASAP.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Jefepato

This sounds cool, but I don't think I caught the previous discussion.  Is this a freeform game, or some system?

Vandren

The previous discussion was sounding out some people by PM.

And yes, freeform.  :)
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

King_Furby

It sounds interesting enough.

is the student body restricted to humans or will there be other lifeforms as well? Like maybe humanoid lifeforms?

Vandren

Fun question.  :)

I've been debating that for the last couple days and came to a decision last night/this morning sometime (after the cat insisted on sleeping on my head for the fifth or sixth time during the night).

I'd decided to go humans and variant humans - thinking along the lines of humanity in the Traveller universe or Riddick movies - thanks to genetic engineering for different worlds.  Oh, and Earth based, though Earth is rather far away.  :)  So, what does this mean?  Well, basically that individual branches of humanity can have different unusual abilities, within reason (no fire breathing sub-species, please), and some unusual physical traits - including "Ears, eyes, hair and skin may be different or animalistic, along with other minor qualities like a tail" (wings) - but all are at their root Human.

Request for a board went in about six hours ago, just waiting on the favor of a goddess.

(Currently, there are seven interested parties, including PMs and this thread.)

King_Furby

i usually just like space creatures if they are human like. Like if they share alot of traits with humanity

Hunter

King_Furby

Vandren

I'd say both could potentially work (I requested that the board be in NCNF, so nothing too exotic, but since Lilac's approved certain types of catgirls for Normal, that's doable).

And a random goddess got the board set up.  I'll get info posted over the next few minutes.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=337.0

Vandren

Just thought I'd reiterate that the game's open and waiting for those who indicated their interest.

Hunter

Sorry, still thinking about a character.   :-[

Vandren

NP, there're three other (Nikita, apple, and Mika) who're thinking over things.  :)

Vandren

School's in session!

We're underway, and looking for new students/faculty all the time.

Vandren

Bumping this for more players (and to hopefully catch the one or two who've gone AWOL).

King_Furby

kasen03

Still looking for more students?

Vandren