Resurrecting an old idea: Anime Themed Game

Started by Hunter, March 22, 2006, 07:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter

Yes, I've been pondering the Sailor Moon themed game that I left here once upon a time.  I wasn't sure if there was (enough interest, mods aren't going to kill me, etc) in order to wind it back up.  Or alternately, start up another anime themed game.  (I've got at least one other idea that doesn't directly relate to SM.)

Creeper

I'd be up for an Anime game that had drive and a changing plot rather then the standered 'Do what you like' freeform.
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

Hunter

Wander down to the "Pretty Sailor Soldiers" thread down in the archive.
If I started something new, it'd be either Sailor Moon or Evangelion themed.   :)

Max

Evanglion?  Hmmmm, might be interested in that case.
"Are you into whips and chains too?"
"No, chainsaws."  (just kidding)

Ons and offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4738.new#new

LordAnubis

Well, I liked the sailor moon thread so I'd be wlling to rejoin

Creeper

Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

LadyFox

I know nothing about either...  :'(
She is my broken doll
She lost all her pieces in a big fall
She can't discover
That I will never let her recover

Elvi

Quote from: Hunter on March 22, 2006, 07:12:43 PM
Yes, I've been pondering the Sailor Moon themed game that I left here once upon a time.  I wasn't sure if there was (enough interest, mods aren't going to kill me, etc) in order to wind it back up.  Or alternately, start up another anime themed game.  (I've got at least one other idea that doesn't directly relate to SM.)

Your game went from May until you closed it in October.
It wasn't as if you had just set it up and dumped it as often happens.
I personally can see no reason at all why you shouldn't start another Sailor Moon game, it was after all very popular from the amount of traffic it had.
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Siegfried

The only problem is the number of people who would be needed to play in said game.  I'm still interested in such a game, but need to know what plot you're thinking of.  And have to see more people agree to sign on before I do so as well.

Hunter

Let's see...possibilities...please state your preferences (if more than one in order)

Option One: Resurrect the old Pretty Sailor Soldier game and pick up where it left off, adding new players as needed.  (Note this game requires ten players including myself).

Option Two: Sailor Moon goes to summer camp.  A hentai focused game where the senshi find themselves in a negaverse trap with two problems.  They're in some sort of pocket dimension and have to figure out how to escape.  If that isn't bad enough, then their sex drives have been ramped up to the point that they're nymphos and every time they have sex they get that much more nymphotic. So it's a race against their own hormones or they get trapped there forever doing nothing but having sex.... Would have knights (male counterparts to the senshi) and villians.

Option Three: Silver Millenium campaign.  The campaign will take place on one of the planets (Venus most likely because that's the one with the most information) and include such marvelous plot details as a simmering undercurrent to prevent a civil war between noble houses, evil villians, etc, etc, etc.

Option Four: Evangelion campaign.  Based loosely on a short story of mine where the last angel in the series wasn't the last angel.  An invasion by a horde of 'superangels' and their minions which resulted in loss of over 90% of the population and devistation of half the planet.  Players will be divided into two EVA groups (Rei 2/Shinji in China and Asuka/Jared in Europe).  Pilots, NERV support personnel, line infantry, civilians to name a few possibilities

LadyFox

Can people who know nothing at all make it in this game, or is it required to have previous knowledge?
She is my broken doll
She lost all her pieces in a big fall
She can't discover
That I will never let her recover

Elvi

It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Hunter

Quote from: LadyFox on March 25, 2006, 01:10:54 AM
Can people who know nothing at all make it in this game, or is it required to have previous knowledge?

It would help if you had some idea of the character you were playing.  ^_^  Other than that, not really.

Ajoxer

YAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!

I'd be interested in 1, 2, or 4. >_> I miss the old Pretty Sailors game, I had a good bit of fun with that...
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Hunter

kylie

I might be into something like 2, but more so if it had SM or at least D/s themes.  I sort of got the impression it wouldn't?  To the degree it's straight "we gotta fuck right now" and lacks accessories besides skin on skin, well, I might have to try playing the sort of senshi that needs a teacher to help channel her drives, laugh.  Not sure how that would turn out, depends on the writing style probably.

Hunter

I should probably warn people that sex probably won't be the major theme (exempting game suggestion 2, of course), but simply a part of life as we know it.  They'll be a rather well thought out plot (most likely).  If I confuse more, please pardon.

Ajoxer

Roughly same level as in the old game, y'mean? A bit of love and lust between those who are quite close, but not the entire meaning of the story, as opposed to... Well, most of the games I've done?
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Hunter

Quote from: Ajoxer on March 29, 2006, 02:34:23 PM
Roughly same level as in the old game, y'mean? A bit of love and lust between those who are quite close, but not the entire meaning of the story, as opposed to... Well, most of the games I've done?

Roughly the same level as in the old game, yes.  ^_^

Ajoxer

Hunter

It is, of course, contingent upon having enough players and knowing what game (or games) interest them.  *goes back to chasing Minako*

Jefepato

Quote from: Hunter on March 22, 2006, 07:25:44 PM
If I started something new, it'd be either Sailor Moon or Evangelion themed.   :)

If it's Evangelion, are you referring to before or after the series became incredibly fucked up?

I mean, the characters all had serious issues all along, but there was a major change in tone maybe 2/3 of the way through, and I'm not sure what theme you're thinking of here...

Hunter

Quote from: Jefepato on March 29, 2006, 04:34:00 PM
If it's Evangelion, are you referring to before or after the series became incredibly fucked up?

I mean, the characters all had serious issues all along, but there was a major change in tone maybe 2/3 of the way through, and I'm not sure what theme you're thinking of here...

It's probably not going to be, at least not as a first choice.  I'd much prefer a Sailor Moon themed game.  The possible EVA game would seriously tinker with the ending of the series....

*goes back to chasing Minako*

Ajoxer

Although the point after the end of the movie might make an interesting setting- Doing their best to survive after the apocalypse, some of the few people who have already reconstituted.

Hunter

It looks like it's going to be option 2 and option 4. 

Option Two: Sailor Moon goes to summer camp.  A hentai focused game where the senshi find themselves in a negaverse trap with two problems.  They're in some sort of pocket dimension and have to figure out how to escape.  If that isn't bad enough, then their sex drives have been ramped up to the point that they're nymphos and every time they have sex they get that much more nymphotic. So it's a race against their own hormones or they get trapped there forever doing nothing but having sex.... Would have knights (male counterparts to the senshi) and villians.

Option Four: Evangelion campaign.  Based loosely on a short story of mine where the last angel in the series wasn't the last angel.  An invasion by a horde of 'superangels' and their minions which resulted in loss of over 90% of the population and devistation of half the planet.  Players will be divided into two EVA groups (Rei 2/Shinji in China and Asuka/Jared in Europe).  Pilots, NERV support personnel, line infantry, civilians to name a few possibilities.

I'm more for option 2 myself.  Who's interested in which?