Shadowrun 4th

Started by Xerial, May 29, 2006, 04:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xerial

Hoi chummers,

I've noticed an interest in Shadowrun of late on the boards, but for various understandable reasons it seems a game isn't going at the moment. I've had a game in mind for a while, one which, due to life in the Navy, I'm unable to run offline, and I got to thinking maybe it would work better here.

The game will be for 3-5 people, and will be a street level campaign to start. To tie characters together, it is prefered they work in some respect with a bicycle courier service (Emerald City Nights), or are somehow tied to the owner (a smalltime fixer and former runner named Hermes). The game will be Shadowrun 4th Edition, with with several of the Grittier Gameplay options from the main book (p. 69) in play. Players will have 350 BPs to start, but will get free contact points equalling 2x their Charisma.

Also, an added note of realism for the Addiction quality: for each level of the quality the character requires an additional dose (with no added effect) to acheive the effects of the drug, this reflects a tolerence. If less than the required dosage is taken the drug has no effect, but the player must still roll an addiction test, and suffer the negative side effects.

Finally, characters with well written backgrounds will receive a little leeway with the BP system, so get into your character's head as best you can.

Swedish Steel

I've been itching to try the 4th edition, so if my schedule allows it I'm game. :)
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

Alkahest

I'd be interested in playing, but I've not moved up to 4th yet, and don't know if I will. But if this isn't a problem, let me know and we can work out a character.
You laugh at me because I'm different,
I laugh at you because you're the same.

On / Offs https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5731.0

Xerial

Interest doesn't seem to be so hot in this... might be because it's me trying to run the game, eh?

I'll give it a bit more, but I have another idea in mind as well, one that'll take just a bit more to develop... ok, I have two ideas, but we'll see which wins out, if the SR game's a bust...

Timiko

I'd be interested in a cyberpunk sort of game. I have mushed on a shadowrun mush. but not 4.. all my books and eyery thing is 3?

Celestial Goblin

I'd play this. I was to play in a game Z.K. prepared, but sadly it didn't take off. I'm willing to give this one a try.

Hunter

Quote from: Celestial Goblin on June 03, 2006, 11:56:55 AM
I'd play this. I was to play in a game Z.K. prepared, but sadly it didn't take off. I'm willing to give this one a try.

I've also got my character from that game available.