Young Justice - Recruitment paused

Started by Primarch, January 01, 2013, 02:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

Character thread, feel free to post up apps. Unless I've asked you to edit/change something and you've not done it yet.

If you are unsure if your character is approved, feel free to ask and double check.

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Primarch on January 02, 2013, 03:23:12 PM
Not really to be honest. I'm trying to set up the game and keep it simple for now. The game will be taking place solely in Mt. Justice & where ever they get sent for missions by Batman. Too many games get messed up in the early stages by trying to allow for too many variables. Kal's Black Manta role in the show doesn't really have a place in this game at the moment.

All right, hero it is. I'm not sure if I should join the current group or wait for the next team to start up. I'll see what my options look like.

Vladimir valentine

Id be interested in joining if thats ok. and If you want I could play someone like zatanna or raven, they would make pretty good mentors because they are powerful and know how to work in teams.

Primarch

Quote from: BlackestKnight on January 02, 2013, 03:26:36 PM
All right, hero it is. I'm not sure if I should join the current group or wait for the next team to start up. I'll see what my options look like.

Its up to you mate. You can join as a junior hero now or as an instructor later. But this game is about Junior Heroics, so I don't think an anti-villain character will ever have a place in the game. Unless you fancy splitting GM-duties and make every second away mission related to some ongoing YT v Black Manta plot.

Quote from: Vladimir valentine on January 02, 2013, 03:46:34 PM
Id be interested in joining if thats ok. and If you want I could play someone like zatanna or raven, they would make pretty good mentors because they are powerful and know how to work in teams.

Its still cool to join, who you join as is up to you.

Vladimir valentine

I'll go with zatanna then ^ ^

Primarch

Quote from: mia h on January 02, 2013, 04:05:56 PM
Primarch,
just trying to understand and make sure everyone is on the same page, but are we starting the game in or around the 5 year jump between seasons? So it's not the first intake\formation of YJ but the second or third batch of recruits.

We're starting from the absolute beginning. The team has just been formed. Best way to consider it would be an AU game, same concept and setting but different people involved when everything starts.

BlackestKnight

Quote from: mia h on January 02, 2013, 04:05:56 PM
Primarch,
just trying to understand and make sure everyone is on the same page, but are we starting the game in or around the 5 year jump between seasons? So it's not the first intake\formation of YJ but the second or third batch of recruits.

Actually, I think it may be an alternate universe but based around the core foundation of the show. It's based on the tv show, but it's not the tv show per se. I think it's suppose to be a composite style game that borrows from the tv show while adding-on or differentiating in certain other ways. (custom characters, missions, founding team) At first I was confused, but I think I know where the gamemaster is going with this one.  I'm holding out until we get a Barbara Gordon(or a Cassandra Cain).

Cold Heritage

Renouncing dibs on Superboy.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Primarch

IC Thread You may post after posting to the Character thread.

Don't forget you all get a designation (BXX) the X's replaced by the number of your joining the Team. Your particular designation number will be based on your first person to post. (First person to post is B01, second will be B02, third B03 and so on, so on.) Instructors can just pick a number after 7, minus the 'B' as you're not part of the B team.

Re Z L

I'd be interested in playing Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes) if you still want more young members   ;D
A&A

Vladimir valentine

Player: Vladamire Valentine
Name: Zatanna Zatara
Codename: Zatanna
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 137
Appearance:

Powers: magic: activated by saying desired effect backwards
Skills:  master of magic.
Pyrokinesis: Generation and Control of fire
Aerokinesis: Generation and Control of Air
Geokinesis: Control of Earth/Rock
Hydrokinesis: Control of Water
Cryokinesis: Generation and Control of Ice
Telepathy: Zatanna can use her magic to manipulate the minds of others. She has displayed the following abilities.
Read Minds
Chlorokinesis: Control over plants
Flight
Force Field
Teleportation: Able to teleport herself and/or others to anywhere she desires.
Probability Manipulation
Magical Awareness: supernatural sensitivity to occult activities and mystic phenomena.
Dispel: Able to remove illusions and holographic images that her opponents have set up.
Telekinesis
Regeneration: Able to heal herself and others
Spectral Sight: She can see spiritual entities and travelers invisible to normal sight; she can perceive magical entities.
Prestidigitation: Zatanna is skilled in stage magic, performing simple tricks and elaborate illusions.
Good Combatant: She has also been taught conventional fighting skills, but favors using magic in place of them.
Occultist: as Chronicler of Magic she possesses an extensive understanding of Occult lore due to her Mystic Background
Hypnotist
Improvisation: She prepares specific spells (a couple of hundred) but improvises a good bit for the unpredictable situations she encounters.
Multi-lingual: Able to speak English, Spanish, Italian, French, Latin and "Backwards Speech". As noted throughout the comics, she doesn't show any difficulty in speaking backwards when performing spells. It seems she can speak backward speech without hesitation and with clarity. Backwards Speech is most commonly known as Mnemonic Incantations.

Equipment: outfit, magic wand, magic hat.
Weaknesses: anything that prevents her from speaking.
Backstory:  Zatanna had been trained by her father and mentor Zatara, he trained her to fight and use her magical powers. Zatanna had been introduced to the younge justice league by her father. After his sacrifice to nabu, she had no home and no no father so she joined the justice league until she could figure out what she wanted to do with her life.
(Not sure what else to put here.)

apygoos

note: This isn't the League, the team is just league correspondents . Just pointing out a minor edit

Vladimir valentine

Thanks, that's why I couldn't put much of a history for her.

apygoos

AribethAmkiir

Do we have an OOC thread for this, yet?

Cold Heritage

Posting Superboy anyway.

Player: Cold Heritage
Name: Superboy
Codename: Superboy
Age: 16 weeks chronologically; mentally and physically 16 years old
Height: 6'
Weight: 180 lbs
Appearance:

Powers:

•     Super strength: This is one of Superboy's main abilities, allowing him to easily pick up or carry heavy objects. He has displayed the ability to lift up to 150 tons so far using equipment in Mt. Justice. His strength may increase with time and exposure to yellow sunlight.
  •     Super leap: To compensate for his inability to fly like Superman, Superboy uses the super-strong muscles in his legs to jump incredible distances and heights.
  •     Invulnerability: Like Superman, Superboy is nearly indestructible. He experiences pain.
  •     Super hearing: Superboy can pick up the faintest of sounds over long distances.
  •     Infrared vision: This ability allows Superboy to visually detect heat signatures, allowing him to easily see in the dark.

Skills:

•     Multilingual: Superboy can understand and speak many languages outside of English. He is at least fluent in Spanish, Atlantean, French, Korean, Arabic, and Russian, among other languages.
  •     Encyclopedic knowledge: Likely due to the G-Gnomes, Superboy has an encyclopedic knowledge of World History.
Equipment: None.
Weaknesses:

•     Kryptonite. Because he is not a pure Kryptonian, its effect upon Superboy is markedly less potent.
  •     Code Words: Project Cadmus left Superboy with programmed command phrases that may be spoken to compel his behaviour. The phrase 'Red Sun' will cause him to black out for several hours, remaining totally immobile. Others may exist.
  •     Flawed: The process by which Superboy was created has blocked his capacity to develop advanced Kryptonian powers such as flight or heat vision, and will prevent him from aging beyond his current state.
  •     Monkeys: Superboy hates monkeys.
Backstory: Created by Project Cadmus, a clandestine operation that experimented in genetic manipulation as a replacement/countermeasure for Superman should he perish/go rogue, Superboy existed for much of his brief existence within a pod. In the pod he was mentally programmed with information that he would need to act as a living weapon by a genetically created creature known as a G-Gnome. During a raid on Cadmus labs, Superboy was freed from his pod, and after a period of disorientation, gained some measure of personal control over himself. In the aftermath he was taken to Mt. Justice and made part of the young team. Although Superboy hoped for recognition from Superman, the latter was unnerved by a clone made without his knowledge or consent and gave Superboy the cold shoulder, rejecting the young clone. Superboy lives in Mt. Justice, and occupies his time training alone, staring at the television, and sleeping in a closet.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

apygoos

dunno  but wouldnt they have seen Dick from where he was in the place?
also yay superboy!

BruceTheCat

You specifically said that you were "getting settled" and doing stretches, so I envisioned that Dick was in his room while we were basically coming into the front lobby.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

AribethAmkiir

I didn't want to make the assumption that Dick was out in the open.  It was a bit vague, but he can easily answer Cassie's call if anyone is home and they can be off in a corner or down a hall by the time Whiteout arrives.

apygoos

ill work  on clairfying in my next post, which ill do now then :)

apygoos

yea i just noticed, we have stargirl and whiteout at 12:40, meanwhile ten minutes ago Wondergirl and Nightwing where there, so would ti be safe to say then that Nightwing and Wondergirl may have wandered off for the moment? then rejoin the other two once they pop up?

BruceTheCat

I've almost always just found the whole time-point thing just weird and confusing.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Jmorty33

Hey, I just noticed this. The three founding members of the comic Young Justice team are in the game.
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

Primarch

Yeah, feel free to work without the timestamp if its causing problems. Time might be an issue in missions but that's separate entirely and I'll primarily be handling that element.
Superboy & Zatanna can feel free to post to the character thread and getting involved.

If if missed anything else that needs to be addressed, feel free to bring it up again.

Re Z L

Player:  Re Z L

Name:  Jaime Reyes

Codename:  Blue Beetle

Height:  5' 9"

Weight:  165

Appearance:  A scrawny Mexican-American.  He has short, dark hair which matches his eyes and a caramel colored complexion.

Appearance

Powers:  The powers of the Blue Beetle are best broken into three categories, those that the Scarab can use independently, those that its host can use, and those that manifest only while wearing the Blue Beetle armor.

Scarab - Khaji Da

• Energy Absorption - The Scarab can absorb a blast of energy that would land a human in the hospital.
  • Independent Animation - The Scarab is capable of moving short distances on its own, either by crawling or flying.  When fused to a biological host the Scarab relies on its host for movement.
  • Pincer Blades - The Scarab's pincers are capable of cutting through metal.  When fused to a biological host the Scarab relies on the host for such abilities.
  • Scarab Mindlink - The Scarab is capable of communicating with Scarabs that have not integrated with a host.  The Scarab may also interface with other Scarabs that have bonded with a biological host as long as its host first penetrate's the other's armor.

Host - Jaime Reyes

• Symbiotic Synaptic Interface - The Host's nervous system is bonded with the Scarab's, this allows the two to share their thoughts and emotions with one another.  The communication between the Scarab and its Host can only be intercepted by mind-reading.
  • Tracking Systems - The Scarab is capable of tracking anything which produces energy, be it biological, technological, or mystical.  It can track anyone the Host has met from at least seventy miles distance.
  • Scarab Sight - The Scarab can scan anything that the Host encounters.  It can identify major physical conditions, such as pregnancy or diseases; identify metahumans; identify relatives via genetic analysis; detecting sentience; extra-dimensional objects; it remains continually aware of electricity in the environment; it can perceive magic, being able to monitor its effect, determine how it can be dispelled and see through magical concealment.  It is capable of scanning at least a five-mile radius.
  • Network Connection - The Scarab can establish a link to communication systems, enabling its Host to talk through them or listen in on them.
  • Clothing Manifestation - The Scarab can create clothes for its host which dissolve moments after the host removes them.
  • Concealment - The Scarab is capable of concealing itself from modern technology, blocking off cameras and microphones in its vicinity for example.  It can also block mystical attempts to probe it.  Sufficiently advanced technology can detect it with less difficulty.
  • Healing - The host heals at a faster rate than a normal human.

Armor

• Superhuman Strength - Able to move small trucks with ease.
  • Superhuman Agility - Able to fly and move quickly enough to dodge many attacks with ease.
  • Environmental Protection - The armor allows the host to survive in a variety of hazardous environments.  The host can withstand extreme temperatures and pressures, including the vacuum of space, and can survive reentry through the earth's atmosphere and the subsequent impact.
  • Armor Reconfiguration - The armor can reconfigure itself to create a wide array of tools and weapons, including an energy cannon, a sword and shield, a grappling hook, an energy blaster, claws, wings, and a set of large powered blades attached to the hands, over a foot in length, that can shear through tree trunks.
  • Partial Manifestation - The host can manifest parts of the armor, such as the energy blaster, without needing to manifest the whole suit.
  • Wing Shields - The armor can create a pair of wings allowing the host to fly and hover, they can double as a shield if necessary.  A jet thruster can be manifested to increase his flying speed tremendously at the cost of close maneuverability.
  • Energy Manipulation - The armor can shape and manipulate the energy it stores for a variety of effects:  energy blasts, energy cocoons, small-scale solid constructs, 3-D holograms and shields.
  • Antagonist Adaptation - The armor can tailor its blasts for use against specific opponents (eg. Kryptonite radiation, non-lethal suppression blasts, anti Green Lantern manifestations, anti-magic).
  • Energy Bubble - The armor is able to create a temporary energy bubble around the host and nearby people.  The bubble shields those within from outside attacks, but prevents them from leaving.  Flashes attempting to vibrate out of it have been blasted by the shield.
  • Vibrational Frequency Manipulation - The armor can negate the vibrational frequencies of extra-dimensional objects, pulling them into this reality.  This can also shift the Host out of phase with the universe, making him invisible and intangible to anything apart from technologies that normally interact with such objects.

Skills:  Witty banter, sick skateboarding skills, swag, and other skills that an otherwise normal 17-year-old would have.

Equipment:  Blue Scarab fused to his spine located on this back.

Weaknesses:

• Green Lantern Corps - The Scarab sees the Green Lanterns as the "enemy".  The Scarab urges its host to kill them when they are present, acting very aggressively towards them.  The Green Lantern rings respond with "fear" towards the Scarab, inducing different affects depending on their wielder (Sparks, Migraines, Desire to kill the Host, etc.)
  • Truce With Nature - The Scarab will not hurt nature, or the magical creatures thereof, of its own volition.  The Host must force the Scarab into helping one way or another.
  • Alien Sentience - The Scarab's sentience and morality is strictly inhuman.  It cares little for humans in general and is willing to injure or kill them.  The Host must maintain control to prevent it from doing either.
  • Reach Tech - The Scarab's armor can be breached by the weapons of other Scarabs.  The Scarab and the Host are susceptible to Reach technology, forcing the Host to resist being controlled by them.
  • Magic - While the Scarab is aware of magic, it doesn't understand it.  It's able to perceive, absorb, and disrupt magical energies, but little else.  As a result, creatures of magic are often a significant challenge.  The Scarab can't analyse certain mystical creatures, and so is unable to develop countermeasures for them.  When faced with certain other mystical entities, such as the Spectre, the Scarab panics, offering its Host ever more powerful weapons to take them on, which can have unintended consequences.
  • Magnetic Shielding - Strong magnetic fields block the Scarab's ability to track.
  • Dispelling the Armor - When the armor is removed it causes the Host intense physical pain.  The more the armor is used the more the Host gets used to the pain, though it is never gone completely.
  • Teenage Boy - Jaime has all of the weaknesses normally associated with being a teenager.

Backstory:  Originally from El Paso Texas, Jaime Reyes was a typical high school kid.  One day, while doing some urban exploring with some friends, he happened upon the blue Scarab.  Thinking it to be some kind of old stone artifact he took it home with him.  That night, as Jaime slept, the Scarab came to life, crawling over to him and fusing itself to his nervous system through his spine, taking Jaime as his biological host.  Normally a Scarab would attempt to overwrite its host's personality to infiltrate and destroy the planet, however this Scarab had been severed from its hive-mind and began to develop it's own independent sentience.

Jaime began using the powers of the Scarab to help defend his little corner of the world, though as things became more dangerous he began to notice that he was bringing more and more danger to his family and the people he loved, so he decided to leave.  Batman noticed him before too long and kept an eye on him before moving towards Jaime's recruitment into the Young Justice program.

Raised Catholic, though whether he continues to practice isn't really known, he has a powerful sense of right and wrong which he isn't afraid to stand up for.  He favors witty repartee during fights, much to the chagrin of his symbiotic Scarab named Khaji Da with whom he often has (seemingly) one sided conversations.
A&A