The Kingdom of Shadows

Started by BlueRaptor90, March 05, 2013, 04:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueRaptor90

Daniel flew over to anna, landing by her saw, staring down at the scouts with his yellow eyes, hoping not to alarm them.

kajirakate

When they saw the dragon, the scouts knew that the human woman was telling the truth.  One of them rushed off, to speak to their Lady about the visitors, while the rest of the patrol observed the human and dragon.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel only looked at the scouts you observed him, daniel then asked anna in her mind, what to do now.

kajirakate

With her thoughts she said "We wait until we hear whether the Lady will see us my friend, did my call interupt your hunt my friend"

kk

BlueRaptor90

"I wasn't hunting, just looking out for any sort of danger, this place seems pretty safe and secure"

kajirakate

Thank you my friend, Anna said in their minds

At that point, more elves arrived, this time they were dressed in the uniform of Royal Guard and they were led by a robed mage.

"Princess and Dragon, please come with us, but we would ask you to hand over your weapons Princess, you will be safe enough inside our lands"

Anna handed her sword and dagger to the nearest guard, as they walked into the Elven territory.

They walked for some considerable time towards the heart of the Elven forest, but Anna sensed that not all was as it seemed, that the Elven mage was altering perception of time and distance for some reason.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel became uneasy around the mage and some what curious. He felt a bit nervous but remained calm, following the princess looking around at the passing elven people and buildings.

kajirakate

Anna sensed Daniel's uneasy and sent reassuring messages to him as they walked further into the heart of the Elven folk.

When they reached the Royal Glade, the Elven Queen and her high council were waiting for them.  The Queen stood about 6 foot six, she was slim with long flaxen hair.  She was dressed in a robe of green, but unlike the rest of her people, the Queen's robe shimmered.

Anna knelt before the Queen.  "Your Majesty, thank you for seeing us"
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel did as anna did and bowed to the queen in respect. He couldn't help but gaze at her beauty but still remained focus, they need answers and they needed them fast.

kajirakate

Because of the large presence of a dragon, the meeting was out in the open rather than the royal chambers.  Anna reported what little she knew and asked the elf queen what they knew.

The Elven queen informed them that goblins and orcs had been travelling past their land for weeks, heading south, and that this was also being reported by the Dwarves in the high mountains.  The mages had sensed that there was magic at work, but goblins and orcs had hardly any magic.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel began to wonder if it was the dark lord. Perhaps using his power to control the minds of the goblins and orcs or give them some of his so  they could do his dirty work for him. Or perhaps one of the dark lord's subjects were pulling the strings, daniel wasn't so sure.

kajirakate

"We have scouts and mages tracking them as they pass southward, they seem to be heading for an area of the forests we call the dark heart, which was was the home of the dark lords at the time of the Great War, and is still occupied by our dark brethern."

Anna was surprised that the Queen had admitted the existance of the dark elves, she had heard rumours of the blood elves but this was most legend.
kk

BlueRaptor90

This information pecked daniel's interest, he wonder if he would be able to fight someone. This pumped him up, but he stayed calm and began to listen. The reason he was so pumped is that heard heard, back in the day, dark elves would try to hunt dragons and wyverns, for their skin to make armor, he was ready to teach them a lesson.

kajirakate

Anna heard his battle lust building and tried to calm him with soft thoughts and gentle words.  The time would come for battle rage but this was neither the time or the place.

The Queen annouced that she had several hundred Elven archers ready to march, when a destination was identified, she also mentioned the Dwarven King had also promised hardened fighters to any conflict.

The Grand Mage added that if Anna was wearing the armour of a Dragon Rider that would have a great positive effect on the army of light during the battles ahead.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel then turned to anna asking if she would want to venture dark skull path now, to get the armor. He also said that he would ask for the aid of wyverns in this upcoming fight if she wanted too.

kajirakate

"Yes, let us go to dark skull path, and get the armour" Anna replied to Daniel's suggestionm "if you feel that wyverns are sentient enough and liable tio follow the path of light,because they are to your people what monkeys are to mine" she added hoping she had not just insult her friend.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel was about to say something about that little remark, but let it go by shaking his head and rolling his reptilian eyes "Oy, I really hope you don't make any remarks like that again, it might give me headaches" daniel said, speaking though mind

kajirakate

"Sorry my friend" the Princess softly said into the mind of her friend
kk

BlueRaptor90

"It's fine, but are you sure it's all right if we trust these people?"

kajirakate

"Yes my friend we can trust the elves, they are not as their cousins"

Anna asks the Queen and her court if there is anything else, when they say no, Anna and Daniel leave, heading from dark skull path and the armour of Elena the Bright
kk

BlueRaptor90

"This will be difficult, if we go now by the time we get there it will be morning and i may be to weak to fend of any predators, but if we wait till morning to travel, it will be night when we get there and more predators come out to hunt at that time" Daniel said to anna

kajirakate

"Which would be best for you my friend" Anna said in mind talk, stroking his nose as she did
kk

BlueRaptor90

"Hmm, i would say we wait till morning to travel, i thought any of the predators would attack me in my dragon form, except of course perhaps wyverns and hyrdas"

kajirakate

"Then we wait my friend, do you wish to feed in either of your forms?" Anna asked know that the little food that Daniel had eat would not sustain his dragon form, freeing him to hunt game to truly sustain himself.
kk

BlueRaptor90

"Only in my human form, that would be best"