"Avast, ye landlubbers!" Modern-day Pirate game (EX) (Reposted with permission)

Started by Major Major, January 01, 2011, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Major Major

Resurrected with the kind permission of Elven Sex Goddess.

Surrender your booty!

High seas adventure set in the backdrop of the enchanting topography of Caribbean. From Barbados to the Virgin Islands, modern day pirates roam the clear warm blue waters of the Caribbean. Instead of a fast heavily armed frigate. Jet skis, speedboats, sailboats and yachts now are the tools of this modern day pirates. Who like their ancestors of lore past. Are a wanderlust bunch that craves the rush of adventure. The freedom to roam, the freedom to take adventure to the limits.

Instead of plundering the ships of the Spanish Armada. Now it's the plunder of the fat cats of Wall street and the European union. No longer a all inclusive boys club. Where the one or two gal is a rarity. Its a new day and new age, as lady pirates abound in equal enmity.

Where does the modern day pirate of the Caribbean come from? From everywhere, from all walks of life. The college student that went with friends down to one of the many hot party spots of the Caribbean for spring break. The white and blue collar workers.  Bored with their mundane existences. The modern adventurer, the modern day rogue. All lured by the romaticism of the Caribbean.

Like bike clubs on the mainlands. These modern day pirates, might be your OB-GYN or your Denny's waitress. But where ever you draw your background from. All still live by the code. The code of the pirate.

Character sheet

Positions open

Pirates
Regular folks - from the free loafers to the rich brats.
Law enforcement of the Caribbean

Additional background notes

Just like the pirates of the Caribbean of lore.   These modern day pirates also often operate under the age old system of letter of privateer.    Letters of intent from such organizations as United States Drug Enforcement Agency, or perhaps even Interpol.    The privateers hired to root out and go after the drug smuggling routes that weave through the west Indies.   

Major Major

Character Sheet:

NAME:
APPEARENCE: Supply a suitable photograph if possible
OCCUPATION: (Two if you are a Pirate; one is a legitimate cover)
BACKGROUND: At least three lines.
SKILLS:

I'll add a sample character or two in a moment.

SAMPLE CHARACTER ONE:

NAME: Leslie "Ripper" Grant
SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Bisexual
APPEARENCE:

BACKGROUND: You would not expect an apparently nice Catholic girl from Miami, Florida to be one of the 'rising stars' of the pirate world, but then again, Leslie "Ripper" Grant, lives to defy expectations. A classic Adrenaline Junkie, she's in the business strictly for the thrills, and doesn't care about theft. To her, the prize is the excitement and danger, the more the better. She earned her nickname after a shark attack, where she gutted an adult Blue Shark with a broken speargun and took its' teeth as her prize.
SKILLS: Aside from being a fully qualified Ships' Master, Grant is also an excellent shot with a pistol.

Xanthaine

Sounds interesting, sign me up. Character sheet to follow when I have reliable internet in a few hours.

BigBuckBob

i'm interested.

I would like to resurrect the character I had in the original... if I can find it.   The basic idea was scuba instructor by day,  'information officer' [recon/spying]
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

Major Major

Xanthaine

NAME: Kaitlin 'Shamrock' O'Kinaethiae

SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Bisexual

APPEARANCE:

BACKGROUND: Kaitlin was born in Ireland, but was brought up in St Petersburg Florida by her Doctor Father and Lawyer Mother. She was still has the slightest of Irish accents. She went to a small time college and got a small time job in a supermarket, thinking that there had to be more to life than that. She was given a load of free Chopper flying lessons for her twenty second birthday, she learned quickly and passed her test, getting a job running Helicopter tours around Miami. Though she turned her eyes to more adventurous things, over the next five years trying many things from martial arts to cooking to skydiving... still with no joy. She fell into a crew of so called pirates on vacation in Jamaica and hasn't looked back since. Moving crews as often as she can to keep the thrill going. Her lust for adventure is likely to be her undoing, but she is happier now than she has been for some time.

SKILLS: Kaitlin is a fully qualified pilot, a black belt Muy Thai master and a very good cook, while not so good with ranged weapons she can still use one if needed.

Chrystal

AAAAARRRRRRHHHH! Shiver the main brace and splice me timbers! Pieces of eight!

NAME: Petunia Rechenvick
SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Gay
APPEARENCE: (Felicia Day)

OCCUPATION: Pirate. Tech support for a small-ish software company.
BACKGROUND: Petty, as she prefers to be called, has been working for Outsite Software for the past four years as one of their techies. Born in the UK, she moved to the Caribbean when the UK software market collapsed after the millennium bug was fixed. She got the job with the Grenada based company but found she was bored out of her skull. Getting internet scam-spam inspired her to try the trick herself. Her skills as a hacker enabled her to escape detection and she actually found a couple of suckers to send her money.

However, she did come to the attention of a gang of cut-throat pirates who offered her a job as their sys-op. (Systems Operative).
SKILLS: Hacker, mistress of cyberspace, procurer of false identities.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Major Major

Chrystal

Arr, That oi do, me hearty, If thar be a place.

♫Sisxteen women on a dead woman's chest, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum♫
♫Drink and the devil had done for the rest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum♫

By the way, Where are the Snowdens of yesteryear?

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Major Major

Chrystal

Well, you should know the answer... Yossarian asked the question of Major Danby...

Major Major

Chrystal

Correct! :D

But let's not turn this into a Catch 22 situation... Yes I would love to join the Pirate crew if you'll have me.

How many players are you hoping for? Are you hoping for an even split of Pirates and Victims?

I would consider creating a victim character, but I would need to place certain very strict limits on her treatment, which would be wholly unrealistic. In mixed gender multi-player games, I generally don't play submissive.

Major Major

Hmm...

For now, let's say, five or six players; three pirates, and the other three play their various victims.

Mercurial

Chrystal

Mercurial

*sheepish* Hi Crystal ;)

So the question for me is...which gender? I've no objection to playing either male or female characters, and *in my experience* I find male victims end up feeling somewhat fifth-wheelish in group games. Right now, for example, a female victim has 100% overlap with pirate preferences, while a male is 66%.

But people occasionally have issue with cross-gender RP, and when it comes down to it, if someone has a strong preference, I don't really mind. Thoughts?

Major Major

Chrystal

Some guys can't carry off a female character. Those I have issues with.

Merc, on the other hand, is a lesbian trapped in a man's body! *snigger

BigBuckBob

NAME: James Goodwin

SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Straight

APPEARANCE:

BACKGROUND:[still working, been sick]

SKILLS:   Advanced Scuba Rescue Diver. Scuba Instructor, Gold Master Diver * Night Diving    * Underwater Hunting and Collecting    * Search & Recovery    * Underwater Photography  * Underwater Archeology    * Ice Diving    * Deep Diving    * Cavern Diving    * Enriched Air (EANx) Diving

[I don't mind cross gender payers in a game, but I treat  them as male.]

Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

Chrystal

Quote from: BigBuckBob on March 01, 2011, 09:37:17 PM
[I don't mind cross gender payers in a game, but I treat  them as male.]

*chuckles* Does that include women who cross-gender to play male characters?

BigBuckBob

it does.  The internet, where the men are men, and the women are also men.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

Mercurial

Unexpected work projects were unexpected. I'll have something up in the next day or two.

Sanai

I would quite like to play a victim, either gender works for me. Any preferences?
What have I become?
My Sweetest Friend..
Everyone I know..
Goes Away in the End.
You Could have it All...
My Empire of Dirt
I will Let you down...
I will make you Hurt.

Chrystal

Sorry, but I'm dropping out.

This has taken too long to get anywhere and I have started several other RPs in the mean time.