Where does everyone come ?

Started by Noki, April 10, 2017, 01:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whimsy

Quote from: Thesunmaid on April 16, 2017, 07:25:55 PM
Puts on my touqe and grabs a coffee from Tim Horton's."East coast of Canada eh?"

*waves from the West Coast*
o/o ⊱ ☯ ⊰ a/a

Blackjack

*Sticks head in*

South west of England! Ever seen Hot Fuzz? There.

Covert Revulsion

One of the five boroughs of New York City. ^^

Lilias

I was born and raised in Athens (the original and best); then married an Englishman and transplanted to semi-rural Essex.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

GolGol

Born in Gotland, Sweden. I have travelled a lot but I still live in my home country.
My game ideas: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=75040.0

Ons and Offs, the updated list,  and pictures. Updated 29/10: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4506

Discord: Plasmapudding#3339

Chewy

I'm from Maryland in the US. I've moved/lived all over the state but I'm actually back home in Baltimore living with my grandmother. She's getting older and I am afraid of her living on her own and since my split with my ex, I knew I needed the chance to get back on my feet so it's kinda a win-win for me. I can look after my grandmother and get back on my feet.

HoodedStranger

I was born in Ohio, went to college in Kentucky and now live here in Michigan. I've lived Texas and Idaho for seasonal jobs though.

GraveDigger

I'm mostly in the United States somewhere where it is far too dry.

Lady Shadow

Definitely a lot of diversity among these parts!

I am from good old NYC, I am sure some of you have heard of it. :D
Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
Ambition is like a V8 engine.
~Elvis Presley~

Creed

Northwest United States. I'm from one of the cowboy states.

Szandor

Australia! The land of... frankly odd stereotypes. No, I do not ride a kangaroo to school. Yes, I have been seriously asked that. Twice.
Posting Rate: SLOW

Iniquitous

Born in Germany, moved to the States when I was 5.  Lived in Texas and then Tennessee until I was 18.  Have lived pretty much all over the US since, lived in Ottawa, Canada for a period of time. Now back in Tennessee though I would love to move out of the country... failing that somewhere like Colorado, Oregon, or Washington.
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

Caelia

Texas, where cold weather doesn't exist and summer is eternal.

Cognitive Brainfart

wow, everyone is from such large countries xD

I was born in Czechoslovakia, which split up when I was three. Now I live in Slovakia, in the far east of the country. From lurking around on the forum and overall on the interwebz, I can tell you that the cultural differences between Slovakia and the more western countries (even other EU countries) are immense in many aspects. I actually wonder what the opinion of Slovak people (or Slavs overall) is out there in the world. From what I hear, nothing good xD

SithLordOfSnark

Always looking for roleplays, just keep in mind that I' m not a fast poster.

On's & Off's | Request Thread | A & A

Buffy the Vampire Slayer CYOA |
Eternal Nights (VtM) Interest Check  | Buffy: After the End Interest Check

SablePaladin

Israel originally, moved to the States when I was 3. Now in the Mountain West.
Corrupt.
----------------
O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=116344.0 - Modified 10-24-12.
Feel free to send me PMs with RP ideas!

National Acrobat

Born in Central Virginia, although for the middle school and high school years I lived in SW Florida, and had there been a four year University there like there is now, would likely still be there. Moved back to Central Virginia for college and have stayed.

Scalerender

Belgium,

Land of Fries, beer, chocolate and waffles.

And over complex politics, regional rivalry, useless monarch's and civil unrest.

salope

Austria here (we have no cangaroos)
so be patient with my english ;)

marauder13

Quote from: Szandor on September 17, 2017, 10:00:16 PM
Australia! The land of... frankly odd stereotypes. No, I do not ride a kangaroo to school. Yes, I have been seriously asked that. Twice.

On the subjects of Kangaroos, as I kid I lived in Suburban Sydney, close to some undeveloped areas. One morning, I woke my parents to tell them of the roo in the front yard of the folks across the street. They thought I was joking, until the police turned up to catch it. The funniest 30 minutes I have ever seen live as 6 large men chased the roo around that house before they finally tackled it.

Unlike most, I have not been asked if I ride them (I have been asked if I own one), but when I have been asked if I have been boxing with one, I reply "No, but one has laid me flat after literally kicking my arse."

This little black bandit is an East Coast Australian, who as a teenager moved north from his place of birth to the city where he has been ever since.

Kaspider

Born in Scotland, grew up in South Asia (near India) then came back to UK.
I don't see the future. I don't worry about the past. Now's all I have.

Magicaddict

UK, specifically England.  Born and schooled in Worcestershire, college (twice) in Somerset, and now living in Gloucestershire.
"Sex was never safe.  In sex, you reveal yourself physically and emotionally, and that's fucking dangerous." - Jim Steinman

Current Status: Balancing multiple commitments, but not absent.  Average turnaround ~ 6-7 days.

Frelance

I am living in and from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The land where you can go from -35 C to +10 C in less than 48 hours. I spent highshool in Southern Ontario and most of the family is out there along with some of the less Conservative people. Moved back to Calgary three years ago and slipped back into it feeling like home.

Currently happy with our NDP provincial government and I keep hoping that means that the younger less conservative and more open generation is started to out number the older closed minded portion now lol.

Quote from: Cognitive Brainfart on September 21, 2017, 10:37:37 PM
wow, everyone is from such large countries xD

I was born in Czechoslovakia, which split up when I was three. Now I live in Slovakia, in the far east of the country. From lurking around on the forum and overall on the interwebz, I can tell you that the cultural differences between Slovakia and the more western countries (even other EU countries) are immense in many aspects. I actually wonder what the opinion of Slovak people (or Slavs overall) is out there in the world. From what I hear, nothing good xD

Got to admit that I have not heard much about your country. I have learned some about the warfare in the region but that was our of my own curiosity. Here in Canada our public education systems lack a good history course when it comes to Europe. Which kind of makes sense but learning more about every region would be useful.

On a good note Slovakia seems to be on the rise for Tourism. Most of the videos that popped up when I searched Slovakia on youtube were about Tourism. Best part of the video I clicked on so far is a sign that reads:

In Wine
There is Wisdom

In Beer
There is Freedom

In Water
There is Bacteria

I find that to be a great sign, at least for the first two points. It would suck is bacteria filled water is a problem so I hope its not.
Evolution is an arms race

RedRose

Yeah, Slovakia and all that area generally is on the rise for tourism: cheaper than Western Europe, and some really beautiful places. Not that you can't find cheap places in Western Europe. Bacteria - I am unsure. I'd like to think water is ok in the whole of Europe but depending on time and place I know it isn't always the case, so do look into it before going.
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]