Chrome Being Weird

Started by Wistful Dream, May 10, 2014, 10:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wistful Dream

Like really weird.

At first it was just that it wouldn't let me see thumbnails on youtube. Then it wouldn't let me go to google.com, and I have the most updated version. I've tried clearing my browsing data. I really have no idea what's wrong with it. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Kye

Uninstall/reinstall. I had to do it earlier this week when it wouldn't let me access Facebook correctly.

Wistful Dream

Will that delete any of my information? Though I suppose that's beside the point as I already got locked out of my tumblr. >.<

Kye

It kept my bookmarks. Not sure about passwords etc.

Wistful Dream

Bookmarks was what I was worried about, I bookmark loads of things for recipes and yoga. Will take the plunge then as soon as I can figure out how to uninstall the thing.

BAMF

When I switched computers, it kept my bookmarks as well. *nodsnods* It's through the Google accounts stuff.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Wistful Dream

Totally worked like a dream <3

The Dark Raven

Also a bit late but, bookmarks save to the google account now.  That was the awesome thing I found out when I loaded up a new computer.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Psi

Bookmarks will only save if you sign into your Google account, but will then sync across computers and/or devices.
You might need to re-authenticate every so often however.

scribus1000

I'm quite late on this, but if I remember correctly, chrome also lets you export your bookmarks, which you can save somewhere on your computer and import if you ever lose them. I've not heard of the google account saving them before...which is pretty cool as an alternative.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-