Pocket D, The Dimensional Dance Club - Superheroic Freeform Structureless RP

Started by Top Cat, April 10, 2013, 09:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NinjaWeazel

It's a piece of board code.  something like $name (but not actually that) and it returns the account name of whoever is looking at it.

Greytrail

NinjaWeazel

Greytrail

Stella Maris

Costumed identity: Magus Imperii
Secret identity (if applicable): Mathew Jacobson
Player name: Stella Maris
Brief description of powers: Spellcasting
Brief description of weaknesses: Inexperience, basically human
Brief summary of personality: Young, inexperienced, insecure, and a little angsty, he is also intelligent, ambitious, and a generally decent individual.
Brief backstory: Finding a spellbook in the library of his high school library, he was shocked to discover that not only were the spells within it's pages real, but that he could make them work. Determined to teach the bullies who had made high school unpleasant, on graduation day he attempted to summon a demon to teach them all a lesson. However, his own lack of ill will and a transcription error in the ritual ensured that what he got wasn't what he thought he wanted, and while the bond held, he didn't have the control he was expecting. So, he did what any kid in his position would do: He enrolled in college to study Thaumaturgy and spend his spare time heroing to pay off the fines incurred when the demoness chose to follow through with what he wanted on he morning of graduation.
Character Ons: Intelligent conversation, confidence, the rest to be discovered
Character Offs: Bullies, bureaucracy, being dominated, being called Harry Potter
Physical Description or picture: 18, average height, slight build, short brown hair, brown eyes.
“Thou shalt not use poetry, art or music to get into girls' pants - use it to get into their heads.”
How to Make a Star Shine my O/os

Top Cat

Magus Imperii is on hold until I can make his not-very-servile familiar, Pocket Demoness, a 3'9" succubus (4' even with heels!). These two are just a few of the paired characters that Stella and I have made over the years. =^_^=
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

Top Cat

Costumed identity: Pocket Demoness, or Dee for short
Secret identity (if applicable): n/a
Player name: Top Cat

Brief description of powers: Pocket Demoness is a Fire Tanker, with a variety of fiery melee attacks, particularly her flaming sword. No, that's not at all suggestive.

Brief description of weaknesses: As a Demon, Dee is vulnerable to Holy attacks, and is somewhat vulnerable to ice-based attacks as well. She also has an attraction to that Matthew person, but she's sure that's just the binding component of his botched summoning ritual.

Brief summary of personality: Impatient, feisty, and not at all servile, Pocket Demoness is very demanding and somewhat aggressive about getting what she wants. And what she wants is what any succubus wants - a soul to corrupt. But for some reason, she just can't quite bring herself to demand that Matthew do anything that would actually put his soul in jeopardy.

Brief backstory: Previously, Pocket Demoness was simply a part of the Great Malevolence, an entity that lives in the space between worlds. When Matthew Jacobson started his summoning ritual, it was flawed, allowing the Great Malevolence to sculpt the Demon it sent along its own choices, rather than Matthew's. So, sensing that Matthew was young and male, it formed a Succubus instead of a Destructor. As the newly-formed Demoness-fragment was flying toward the rift that Matthew opened with his summoning spell, it impacted with something else, making the Malevolent fragment split... and the part that was still on course absorbed the something.

Character Ons: Teasing, foreplay, sexual innuendos, sex of any kind, anything that leads to sex of any kind
Character Offs: Being interrupted during sex (unless the interruption brings about more sex), holier-than-thou hypocrites, bathroom play, intense pain
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

Top Cat

O/O / Story Seeds

Top Cat

Costumed Identity: Edifice Wrecks
Secret Identity: Edward Wreston
Player Name: Top Cat

Brief description of powers: Edifice Wrecks (Ed for short) is a Stone Tanker. His job is to get the bad guys' attention, and let them beat on him while his friends take them out. He can dish out quite a beating himself, with the stone mallet he can summon.

Brief description of weaknesses: Ed can't really turn his stone form off. Aside from that, he's also somewhat vulnerable to psionics and sonics.

Brief description of personality: Ed is very easygoing and friendly. He'll raise a glass with anyone in Pocket D, no matter who they are, as long as they don't get too aggressive on the whole "hero" thing. Or the whole "mother" thing.

Brief backstory: Edward Wreston was an ordinary teenager, living a mostly-ordinary life, until his overprotective mother (a fraud fortune teller) stumbled across a genuine magical tome. One of the spells in it was a spell of Earthly Protection. She figured that sounded like something that should be good to protect her darling son, and used it on Edward. It turned Edward into the hulking slab of stone you see before you.

Character ons: Playfulness, flirtation, women who know what they want and aren't afraid to ask for it
Character offs: Pain, cruelty, people who are just too damn serious, toilet play
O/O / Story Seeds

chaoslord29

Really got to say I'm jealous of everyone's character reference pictures so far, makes me wish I'd known ya'll back when I originally gave City of Heroes a try; I might have been all the more enthused by it, rather than bogged down. They don't happen to have a character editor I could still use to put up an approximation of Tyrant Rex?

Otherwise, I would be eternally grateful to anyone who could help me find anything vaguely resembling how I imagine my favorite villainous OC.
My Guiding Light-
'I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.'- Lord Havelock Vetinari
My ideas and O/Os:Darker Tastes and Tales

NinjaWeazel

Sorta-kinda?  After the closure, one of the more code-savvy members of the Titan Network wrote a program called Icon.  You could drop it into the CoH directory on your computer, run it, and it would run the first few steps of character generation (origin, archetype, power selection, costuming) without needing a connection to the (now defunct) game servers.  If you are willing to re-download CoH despite its non-playable state for the pure joy of mucking around in the costume creator, then there's instructions for that here.

chaoslord29

My Guiding Light-
'I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.'- Lord Havelock Vetinari

NinjaWeazel

No problem, man.  I have Icon on my machine and it keeps me sane whenever the costuming bug bites me on the ass, so I'm more than willing to spread the love.

Top Cat

I would have given the same link. ;)

I checked the Torrent a few days ago, and confirmed that it was still live - it has anywhere from 6 to 15 seeds at any given time.

Edit: Actually, I have a better link at home than NinjaWeazel's. I've got a page that has a link to a Torrent (what I'm referring to above) that includes the final Beta build, that has a TON more costume options that were never officially released.
O/O / Story Seeds

chaoslord29

Sounds awesome Topcat! Anytime you could pm that to me would be great, since I should probably wait till I'm off work as well to download it XD
My Guiding Light-

NinjaWeazel

I could have sworn they had a link to the i25 beta torrent.  Ah well.  I have both on my computer still, so I never needed to sweat the details.  running it in dev mode is amazing for the access to NPC-only parts. 

Mender Weazel is here to save the world!

In his clever disguise as Obi-Weaz Kenobi.

Top Cat

O/O / Story Seeds

NinjaWeazel

Top Cat

O/O / Story Seeds

Stella Maris

Quote from: NinjaWeazel on April 17, 2013, 01:17:32 PM

Mender Weazel is here to save the world!
Wait... there are Mender bits in there? *giggles like a schoolgirl*

I am so making a Mender variant of my main character, who always found Mender Lazarus to be something of a kindred spirit. :D
“Thou shalt not use poetry, art or music to get into girls' pants - use it to get into their heads.”
How to Make a Star Shine my O/os

NinjaWeazel

heck yeah.  THough I was the most stoked about Reichmans boots.  I mean, you cant tell from my screencap, but the detail work on them is incredible.  Right down to the leather being heavily creased around the ankles where the most bending occurs for movement articulation.  Its just  :o

elizibar

Costumed identity: Reisma
Secret identity (if applicable):
Player name: elizibar
Brief description of powers: Sound Manipulation
Brief description of weaknesses: She doesn't have the best of willpower, and beneath her sonic shields, she's as fragile as normal human
Brief summary of personality: She's a screwed up emotional wreck underneath her happy-go-lucky exterior.  There's nothing she likes better than distracting herself so she can forget about things for a while.  Which probably explains why she spends so much time in an interdimensional dance club.
Brief backstory: After her troubled childhood (and addiction to Superadyne), Reisma eventually bumped into a Hero Corp representative who helped her turn her life around.  She kicked the habit, fell in love, got married, lost a husband, got married, lost a husband, got married again, and divorced that husband, having three kids and saving the world a few times along the way.
Character Ons: Yes
Character Offs: Vore, Scat
Physical Description or picture: She's thin, leggy and blonde.  Standing at about average height for a woman, she has a modest bust.  She wears green a lot. 

Top Cat

Approved, Elizabar! Welcome aboard. Please post her to the Characters thread, and from there you're on your own. =^_^=
O/O / Story Seeds