War of the Clans [Accepting Profiles]

Started by The Golden Touch, August 18, 2013, 07:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Touch

War of the Clans
"Within the infant rind of this small flower
Poison hath residence and medicine power.
For this, being smelt, with that part cheers each part;
Being tasted, stays all senses with the heart.
Two such opposèd kings encamp them still,
In man as well as herbs—grace and rude will.
And where the worser is predominant,
Full soon the canker death eats up that plant."

First... This is not a system game. ^^

Greetings and welcome! My name is The Golden Touch, though most have called me Goldie or Golden. I have been writing on Elliquiy for five years, both roaming the confines of a story as a player and provoking my players into action as a Game Master. In this game, I will be primarily a GM, though my NPCs will appear strategically as needed. War of the Clans was something I came up with after applying to another game run by my good friend, IrishWolf. The character I entered there was the basis for what you will read here. It is all incredibly general, but I do not want to delve much more into creation if no one is interested in play.

In general, the story is about the age old war of good versus evil. WoC wise, you are literally a character aligned with being a lawful, justice-seeking, good person or you are a out for the power, wealth and personal (sometimes) gain of a evil-doer. I may, or may not, be accepting characters from a few of the planet's other species. Mainly, this will be centered on the two Clans at war on the planet Jat'sura. The overall species of the two clans is called an Abeir, a longer living race that can see years up to an average of 100, though a dozen years more or less are not unheard of. They, regardless of Clan, cannot have offspring as they are reborn over and over as an adult in a place that is sacred to them. Depending on the number of times they have been reincarnated, they will not only maintain the ability to speak and understand languages, but many of their fighting skills, and so on. Appearances as based on which clan you were born into. Also, you can De-evolve in a way from a Deva type Abeir to a Rakshasa type.

Character Skeleton
Accepting character sheets on 24Aug13. Will be accepted by PM only.
[float=left][img height=400]Image link[/img][/float][center][glow=antiquewhite,2,300][size=18pt][font=papyrus][i]Character Name[/i][/font][/size][/glow][/center]
[hr][hr]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Orientation:[/b]
[b]Clan/position:[/b] (Clan is Deva/Rakshasa, positions can be soldier, cleric, sorcerer, rogue, etc)

[b]Eye Color:[/b]
[b]Hair Color:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b] Deva are often 6'5" (On the short side) and 7'4"(On the tall side)
Rakshasa are 5'0" to 6'2" (Female), 5'11 to 7'1" (Male)
[b]Appearance:[/b] (You must use a written description. A picture as well would be appreciated.)

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Skills/Abilities:[/b] (This can be fighting skills, or hobbies, etc. I will be reading these, so be prepared if I choose to veto something.)
[b]Flaws/Weakness:[/b] (You must have flaws, no one is perfect.)

[b]History:[/b] (Two to three paragraphs minimum.)

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

The Golden Touch

Rules/Guidelines for Play

Game Summary
There are many paths that the fight between good and evil take, twisting and shaping the combatants into something devoid of the ability to be what they once were. This war hangs heavy over two of the species living on Jat'sura. The Clan Rakshasa and Clan Deva are as explicitly bound together as they are at odds with one another. The fighting has not boiled over to include the rest of the planet, but the battle rages on and on. Not to sound so close to a twice-cursed Shakespearean play, but these two Clans have fought a millennium old war among themselves. Their battles and intrigue are continuous and ongoing to gain the most power and political standing. Perhaps sometimes, they are unsure of the why or how except for the unexplainable pull to continue.

Rules/Guidelines
1. A majority of people will start out as an Abeir of either Clan with only zero to three reincarnations behind them.
2. Positions of power are not open to play (King, Queen, Generals, Heroes, etc).
3. Literacy: Two plus paragraphs is the requirement, with a decent stab at keeping to correct spelling, grammar and punctuation if possible.
4. Being respectful: Please, no bickering, trolling, drama and otherwise nastiness.
5. The requirement (Or gentle suggestion) will be one to two posts per week depending on the number of players involved (5 or more).

The Golden Touch

Clan Deva

“It's the action, not the fruit of the action, that's important. You have to do the right thing. It may not be in your power, may not be in your time, that there'll be any fruit. But that doesn't mean you stop doing the right thing. You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no result.”

Deva King- Tavar Bavak

Tavar Bavak

Orientation: Heterosexual
Clan/Rank/position: Clan Deva || King || Paladin

Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Black
Height: 6'11
Appearance: Tall and exceedingly slender, Tavar has a pale alabaster and deep blue hue to his skin. The elegant spiral pattern of chalky white lines across his cheeks, neck and upper chest have extended down his arms to end just at his wrists. With six lifetimes behind him, he can seem vague at times. For most, the memories of their past lives is vague and often clouded without much surfacing. Tavar is different, often going into what most would call a trance and becoming very still. He is this way most moments unless in Council.

Note: Ignore the wings.

Personality: He is not a man that is afraid of violence, or killing for the cause. While he is a creature of the light, he is ruthless in his goals and fiercely committed.

History: Six lifetimes ago, he was made to fight in the last years of the last Deva and Rakshasa war. Starting as nothing but a paladin pawn in a bunch bigger picture, Tavar fought with the single minded intensity to pursue the good of Devakind. Fight or die, reborn into the same caste over and over. The continuous battling within himself against the corruption of evil was silent, feeling the calling to exterminate the Rakshasa growing all that stronger reincarnation after reincarnation. Being appointed to King was a long awaited affair, which he took to with ease. The previous King having named him heir after he was poisoned by Rakshasa rogues. He rules from the Capital city of Nair'tya.

In ancient times, when the Gods themselves were at war, they created those that would fight their battles for them. Among them were the race known as Abeir. They fought in the name of good, smiting those that sided with those of selfishness and evil. Outside the gates of the sacred lands, they did battle- falling and rising again like pawns. Eventually the war ended, and with no use for their created children, they left them to seek their own paths. Unlike angels that were incorruptible and followed their God without question, the Abeir fought the same war of good versus evil in their own hearts.

Those that continued on the straight and narrow called themselves Deva. Bound to mortal flesh, but still immortal in their reincarnation lifetime after lifetime, they are fiercely committed to regaining the favor of their Gods and wiping out the aberration that are the Rakshasa. They fear what they will become should their souls fall to the corruption, and that they shall inhabit the body of a Rakshasa upon the coming of their next lifetime.

Physically, Deva's are much like what we would call humans although they tower in height and deceptively delicate slenderness. Their coloration distinguishes them most strongly from humans. All devas have patterns of light and dark colors on their skin. The light portions are chalk white or pale gray, and the dark areas range from blue or purple to dark gray or black. In any individual deva, either light or dark can be dominant, with the opposite shade appearing in simple, elegant patterns on the face, chest, and shoulders. A Deva’s hair is typically the same color as these skin patterns.

- Required military service
- Generally Avengers/paladins, clerics, or wizards

Clan Rakshasa

“People who cease to believe in God or goodness altogether still believe in the devil... Evil is always possible. And goodness is eternally difficult.”

Rakshasa Queen

Ariani Tarashi

Orientation: Bisexual
Clan/Rank/position: Clan Rakshasa || Queen || Sorceress

Eye Color: Gray
Hair Color: Blonde
Height: 6'1"
Appearance: Many female Rakshasas are on the shorter side, build petite and deceptively fragile looking. Unlike them, everything about Ariani is rough, and curved to a perfection that some say is merely illusion. Her horns are jagged and jut out from her skull into sharp points. A second pair curves around to frame the feral features marked with white scars that bisect her left eye. Another long scar runs from the bottom of her right and down her cheek to blend into the column of her throat. The nettle sharp claws tipping her fingers are said to be able to deliver a dose of poison so strong it can stop the reincarnation of her victim. This has never been proven.

Personality: There is an animalistic viciousness to her, making her lethal and seemingly always angry. Unsurprisingly, she loves to torture and kill freely. Her ruling of the Rakshasa is consumed with vengeance against all the Deva.

History: Her first reincarnation was the shortest, having tortured a fellow sorcerer for stealing from her. Following that, she disemboweled and killed him. Living each of her lives as a vengeful sorceress has served her well. Most say she killed and tortured her way to the head of the Sorcerer Guild and following that became Queen. Though the previous leader had been a King. Conclusions? She is not one that turns a blind eye to those that turn against her. She rules from the Capital city of R'vani.

In ancient times, when the Gods themselves were at war, they created those that would fight their battles for them. Among them were the race known as Abeir. They fought in the name of good, smiting those that sided with those of selfishness and evil. Outside the gates of the sacred lands, they did battle- falling and rising again like pawns. Eventually the war ended, and with no use for their created children, they left them to seek their own paths. Unlike angels that were incorruptible and followed their God without question, the Abeir fought the same war of good versus evil in their own hearts.

Some lost this battle, falling into darkness and being reborn as a demon-like creature. While they were still Abeir, they began to call themselves Rakshasa. They continued to be reincarnated as such lifetime after lifetime once the blackness in their hearts had completely devoured them. It is common for them to use their deceitful ways to gain power and wealth. They are also a vengeful souls. Anyone who steals from one or tries to harm one is marked by the Rakshasa, will most likely be hunted down and brutally killed. They're especially vengeful to those who slew them in a previous life. This makes them particularly hateful of the Deva, seeking to take back what they once had and kill those that no longer welcome them with open arms.

They appear as similar to humans as their Deva counterparts. Horns adorn their skulls, thrust back from their temples in various shapes and sizes. Some people say they were spawned by lesser demons who fled the Abyss, attributing these plated appendages to that theory. They also have lethal claws, and some can be born with poison sacs that make their claws twice as deadly. Where the females are petite and delicate, the males are taller and muscular. This does vary.

- Required to join a Guild based on your class/position
- Generally Rogue, barbarian, or sorcerer/shaman.

IrishWolf

Well thank you for the mention my dear Goldie, this looks very very interesting. Can't wait to see more about the clans

The Golden Touch

You're welcome. The Clans have been interesting to flesh out. Sort of, in a way, angels versus demons since Rakshasas are the evil version of Devas.

The Golden Touch

Updated
Added a brief explanation for the Clans in the third post. Can also click the link in the table of contents.

IrishWolf

Mmmmm, what is an Avenger? Are they something like a warrior or Paladin?

The Golden Touch

Essentially yes, like a Templar of sorts.

Aiden

Signing up to be the big baddie of Clan Evil! Will look more into this once E is back after it changes servers!

xPeachyPuff

This is a very interesting idea!

I would be interested in playing a Deva Clan Cleric, though I'm still thinking on it. Do you have a specific posting speed or anything like that?

- Rainbow ♥

Aiden

xPeachyPuff

Here's what I'm going for my character.

- Rainbow ♥

Amelita

This looks fantastic! Goldie... Color me interested, we need to chat  >:)

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

The Golden Touch

Quote from: Aiden on August 19, 2013, 01:37:39 AM
Signing up to be the big baddie of Clan Evil! Will look more into this once E is back after it changes servers!

Quote from: Aiden on August 20, 2013, 12:32:33 PM
True Form  >:)
-snip-

Out and about...
-snip-

You will be at the same level as the other players (Zero to three reincarnations). The appearances are fine, as Rakshasas will (within reason) have the ability to essentially glamour themselves.

The Golden Touch

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on August 20, 2013, 05:59:17 AM
This is a very interesting idea!

I would be interested in playing a Deva Clan Cleric, though I'm still thinking on it. Do you have a specific posting speed or anything like that?

- Rainbow ♥

Hello, Rainbow and thank you for your interest!

The requirement (Or gentle suggestion) will be one to two posts per week depending on the number of players involved.

- Goldie

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on August 20, 2013, 12:33:40 PM
Here's what I'm going for my character.

- Rainbow ♥

The appearance is fantastic. Very cleric-y and an apt Deva feel to it.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: The Golden Touch on August 20, 2013, 01:49:42 PM
Hello, Rainbow and thank you for your interest!

The requirement (Or gentle suggestion) will be one to two posts per week depending on the number of players involved.

- Goldie

Oh that sounds wonderful. (: Thank you for answering my question.

- Rainbow ♥

The Golden Touch

Quote from: Amelita on August 20, 2013, 01:11:46 PM
This looks fantastic! Goldie... Color me interested, we need to chat  >:)

Do I have to color inside the lines? >:) I shall send you a PM momentarily.

LordHarketh193

This sure does look intresting, nut you'll have to put me down for intrested, we need a chat.

The Golden Touch

Quote from: LordHarketh193 on August 20, 2013, 01:58:28 PM
This sure does look intresting, nut you'll have to put me down for intrested, we need a chat.

Feel free to send my a PM with your questions.

- Goldie

Aiden

Quote from: The Golden Touch on August 20, 2013, 01:48:25 PM
You will be at the same level as the other players (Zero to three reincarnations). The appearances are fine, as Rakshasas will (within reason) have the ability to essentially glamour themselves.

That's fine, it wouldn't be fun if I didn't play the role of the usurper and made it my goal to come into power.

Not sure if I want to make it bloody or silent....maybe I will play that rogue type.

The Golden Touch

Quote from: Aiden on August 20, 2013, 03:03:21 PM
That's fine, it wouldn't be fun if I didn't play the role of the usurper and made it my goal to come into power.

Not sure if I want to make it bloody or silent....maybe I will play that rogue type.

If you get that far in this game, it'll be interesting. ^^

The Golden Touch

Interested players (For my own OCD):
Aiden
Rainbow
Amelita
Formless

IrishWolf

Well you'll be getting a character from me Goldie

Lithium

Quote from: The Golden Touch on August 20, 2013, 05:39:15 PM
Interested players (For my own OCD):
Aiden
Rainbow
Amelita
Formless

You can add me too. ^^

Winterborn

I'd be interested in playing a right-hand-man to Aiden's Big Bad, if that's workable. Maybe someone a little more physical than manipulative, riding the usurper's coat-tails to power. Looking for some artful inspiration now... Anyway, just put me down as interested!