Fiasco, anyone?

Started by wander, December 26, 2015, 09:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wander

Cool, I'll edit that into the post upthread. :)

Okay, great thoughts there Flaming. ^^ Everyone jump in and lets have a brainstorm on characters, have a think on what we generated and gimme a name for you're playing and some thoughts. When we all have characters, I'll open up an OOC thread over at the boards and then we can start to act this Fiasco out. :)

Here's what the Fiasco looks like after setting it up;

QuoteWander - Mysterious relationship with Flaming: I'm writing to invite you to a peculiar event
Thing: Inexplicable: Shining Trapezohedron of interesting insights.
Flaming - Friendship with Lucky: Correspondants who up until now, have never met.
Need: To be happy: by getting the hell outta here
Lucky - Crime relationship with Circlmastr: Crime-boss/second in command
Circlmastr - Mysterious relationship with Wander: I have an offer for you, which you may find surprising...
Need #2: To figure out: What the letters mean (linked to Wander)

LuckyLukin

Quote from: Flaming on January 22, 2016, 09:44:37 AM
This comes to my mind.
Lucky is feeding me strange codes to crack, because I'm one of those nerdy geniuses. For some reasons he needs those codes cracked so he can get out of his crime association. And for some reason he feeds me an ancient ritual...
Even more, maybe, the reason is that he is from another dimension, and needs the code to be cracked in order to go home...

I love this.
So meet Erytrxalrkrrqwt. At least that's the closest spelling in the English language to how the name is spelled. (S)he is an extra-dimensional being that has managed to get pulled over to this place and is really just looking to get back. Granted not having a proper human body was something of an issue, driving many who looked on mad. (S)he has managed to gather a coherent look, not realizing that there is a difference in male and female features, that looks entirely genderless. Using the name Eryn (s)he has figured out now to get a gathering of people who is interested in the ocult. (S)he has a ritual that requires quite a bit of energy. Still needing more (s)he is drawing in more people like the impressionable [flaming].
Circlmastr is his first follower that manages to bring in others. (Where the offer comes in.)

Flaming

wander

I was waiting on everyone to kinda talk and settle on their characters before moving on with the actual threads... ^^;;

LuckyLukin

I've set my character, unless there's something more interesting that someone suggests as an addition.

Flaming

As I said, mine is an awkward college student that wants to hit on a girl way out of his league.
He is studying occult things, and he thinks he has found something he can impress her.

wander

I guess we're just waiting on Circlmastr then... It's gonna be awkward if they dropped interest.

Hopefully they haven't. If that is the case, then I suppose I can change the thread title to show we're looking for a new fourth player.

CirclMastr

I guess I'm just confused about how all this is supposed to map out. I mean I thought my relationship with lucky was crime boss/underling and now it's cultist/mi-go?
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

Flaming

You are right.

Basically at this point people should brainstorm to fit all the pieces together (is much easier live), it is possible to ditch a detail if it doesn't fit, but I find more interesting trying to fit them all.

I see this: instead of being the first follower of Erytrxalrkrrqwt, Circl is some kind of gangster, with no interest in the supernatural, he searches only mundane profit, Erytrxalrkrrqwt is an affiliate of his/her, it is useful because its powers are helping Circl to gain power in the outlaw world.
For Erytrxalrkrrqwt the relationship is also beneficial, because, thanks to Circl's contacts/resources she can find obscure tomes and strange people...
The extradimensional nature of Erytrxalrkrrqwt could or could not be known to Circl, depending on what we think is best.

I can go further, but I don't want to build the entire setup myself.

wander

Yep, it's all about brainstorming really. It's a tiny bit awkward in a Pbp format, though go with Rule of Cool and what you want to play based on what's down, if something inspires you or think would be a good idea for someone else, say so! ^^

I'd like character names if at all possible too. Just a real quick kinda name, possible face-claim and a sentence or two on your concept. Once we all know who we're playing, we can get going. :)

LuckyLukin

Biggest question for me is whose need is it to get the hell out? If it's mine then I can still adjust the premise to maybe I'm the second in command of Circl's mob family and using that to attract a cult and continue that way. Maybe the cult is used to make money, maybe a magical drug synthesized from the ceremonies?

Flaming

The need should be attached to your relationship.
For this reason I was suggesting that Erytrxalrkrrqwt wants to get back to its plane, and enters Circl organisation to do so.

wander

Quote from: LuckyLukin on February 03, 2016, 04:16:08 PM
Biggest question for me is whose need is it to get the hell out? If it's mine then I can still adjust the premise to maybe I'm the second in command of Circl's mob family and using that to attract a cult and continue that way. Maybe the cult is used to make money, maybe a magical drug synthesized from the ceremonies?

It's between you and Flaming's character, under Need to be Happy. So getting out is something one of you wants (maybe both) for a happy ending... Of course Fiasco is a very 'earn your happy ending' kinda game.  ;D

Flaming

Eugene, college student, major in pre-Columbian american history.