Hail to the King, baby. (Duke Nukem Forever)

Started by Wolfy, January 23, 2011, 08:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

The game that's been in production for 14 years finally has a release date, and it's May 3rd (Or 6th. :P)

Duke Nukem Forever - Official Reveal Trailer [HD]

One could almost call it a Parody of all macho games...if Duke wasn't the first. lol.

Anyone else even remotely excited about this?

Callie Del Noire

No offense, till I have the damn thing in my hands and ready to play.. it's not being released. I ponied up for the FIRST release of DNF and was never able to get my 30 bucks back from the game store. That was in..oh in 1990-something.

So, till I see it, hold it, play it.. it is the .. PRIMAL VAPORWARE!

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on January 23, 2011, 10:23:43 PM
Bet you wish you kept that receipt, eh?

The store went out with the turn of the century. Not to mention the fact they declined my receit when I came back from the deployment and tried to collect my deposit.

Wolfy

:P Well, the release date is official, and those that bought Borderlands Game of the Year get access to the Demo.

So..we'll see. :P Gearbox is good about delivering, though.

Also, think about it..if this game is a success, we could see a revival of the entire franchise.

Vincent

they lie.. it shall never be released... never!
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.
Douglas Adams

Proud Owner of what is His.

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Sabby

Hey, I'm happy it'll be out, but... how? How can they release it? It could be Game of the Year 3 times over and still not live up to it's monumental reputation. It's crippled itself.

Vincent

Agreed Sabbers, Duke is now more of a legendary idea than an actual game to be made.
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.
Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Sabby

I just watched the trailer. Looks good. Not great, just good. A gore drowned, mostly shit and metal coloured shooter that only includes vehicle sections to keep the standard shooter mechanics from getting old.

Usually, I'd meh at the whole thing, but with games all trying to reach for the stars and promising them to, it's nice to go back to something simple like this. You can only have so much 'modern warfare' before you just wanna blow somethings testicles off with a shotgun and a one liner.

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on January 24, 2011, 05:52:46 AM
I just watched the trailer. Looks good. Not great, just good. A gore drowned, mostly shit and metal coloured shooter that only includes vehicle sections to keep the standard shooter mechanics from getting old.

Usually, I'd meh at the whole thing, but with games all trying to reach for the stars and promising them to, it's nice to go back to something simple like this. You can only have so much 'modern warfare' before you just wanna blow somethings testicles off with a shotgun and a one liner.

Exactly, and I think that's what they're banking on. :P

Shjade

I don't understand the big deal about Duke Nukem. Never have. Duke Nukem 3D was a fun-but-average shooter with tits and goofiness. Completely forgettable.

Why does anyone care so much about a sequel to an average game? Not just now when it's been a joke headline for years, but in the first place, when DNF was first supposed to be coming out, that was still my reaction then: "Okay, but who cares?"

Sidenote: I find it funny that a thread on another forum also posted about DNF's posted release date with its subject as "Hail to the King, baby." At least four people responded to the thread upset that it wasn't posting about a new Evil Dead game.

This is why I don't understand the big deal about Duke Nukem games: anything people found funny in them? Yeah, it came from somewhere else.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Vincent

It`s one of those cultural things that need not make sense. It just is.
Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Yorubi

Really? Haha I remember my brother actually playing the old game when I was younger. It was funny to me hearing what he said and the whole thing seemed like a guy's ideal game with humor, action, badass-ness, and babes in distress. Its just funny how that game I remember from so long ago is actually coming back up suddenly. While I won't be playing it, its amazing to see they finished a game I could remember my brother talking about so long ago is actually coming out.

Hemingway

I'm not getting this game unless it has legit nudity. If the game, in any way, chickens out, I'm not getting it.

That said, I can enjoy a good action game. There are less entertaining things, than action games and movies that don't try to be anything but action. Just as long as they get it right.

Wolfy

Quote from: Hemingway on January 24, 2011, 07:57:36 PM
I'm not getting this game unless it has legit nudity. If the game, in any way, chickens out, I'm not getting it.

That said, I can enjoy a good action game. There are less entertaining things, than action games and movies that don't try to be anything but action. Just as long as they get it right.

Oh don't worry...they are shooting for a Mature rating anyway, and rumor has it, it actually got slapped with an AO rating from the ESRB. Course, that's only a rumor, and it's probably not true.

And Plus...what other game let's you punch an alien straight in the jewels? :D Only Duke, baby.

That said, Multiplayer is going to be blast too...shrinking down your opponent and crushing him with your boot, freezing him and shattering him, strapping a bomb to his back, rolling a pipe-bomb between his legs...etc, etc.

Arandrocles

DN was the first video game I ever played. My dad let me play it when I had behaved particularly well and I must have been too young to understand the nudity because I don't remember it but I know it hooked me for life. Not because I thought it was the best ever but because it was something I enjoyed that I got to do very rarely.

I can't wait to play again.

Hemingway

Quote from: Wolfy on January 25, 2011, 04:06:56 AM
Oh don't worry...they are shooting for a Mature rating anyway, and rumor has it, it actually got slapped with an AO rating from the ESRB. Course, that's only a rumor, and it's probably not true.

And Plus...what other game let's you punch an alien straight in the jewels? :D Only Duke, baby.

That said, Multiplayer is going to be blast too...shrinking down your opponent and crushing him with your boot, freezing him and shattering him, strapping a bomb to his back, rolling a pipe-bomb between his legs...etc, etc.

Games nowadays are so tame. The last game with any sort of balls - literally speaking - was The Lost and Damned DLC for GTA4. Personally, I think that's reason enough to get a game. Just for the shock value. Because it pisses on supposedly conservative values. Which is something I like in a game.

Vincent

Agreed.. violence and gore have become allowed in games, but one hint of sex or nudity... pssh.
Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

cryptkeeper0

Duke nukem is finally back with all of its over the top humor sexual overtones and sillyness that just makes dukenukem a blast to play along with the fact the weapons are back squeeee

Kunoichi

Quote from: Wolfy on January 24, 2011, 04:18:38 AM
Also, think about it..if this game is a success, we could see a revival of the entire franchise.

Actually, I think someone at Gearbox has gone on record as stating that when they bought the rights to it, it was with the intent of reviving the franchise.

I myself haven't gotten into the series before, but just the fact that this is a game that's taken such a long time to come out is drawing my attention and interest.  Hopefully, that's a good sign for potential sales...

Sabby

Taking a long time does not = a better game, or the potential for more/better parts of the game. It can mean quite the opposite, since taking that long is usually caused by problems in development instead of 'making shitloads of game'

This just reminds me so much of Prey... I think that one took 10 years to make, and it seems to have run the Duke gauntlet. Script was always being rewritten, main character was changing a lot, the graphics engine was constantly being swapped out, the entire project was actually nuked and made from scratch several times.

But it came out and was actually everything it promised. Here's hoping Duke can do the same.

Kunoichi

Oh, I never said anything about game quality.  Like I said, I'm wondering if it means anything good about potential sales.  As in, if it's got my attention and interest because the game is finally coming out after having become infamous as vaporware, does it have anyone else's interest for similar reasons?  Will there be people looking into the game and possibly even buying it, simply because of the reputation it's gained?

That's basically what I was wondering. ^^;

Shjade

If all you're looking for is a game that will let you do excessive crotch damage, you might be interested in Bulletstorm, which apparently keeps score.
◕/◕'s

Arandrocles

I do think much of it is in the name, the built up legend.

Wolfy

Quote from: Shjade on January 26, 2011, 05:19:13 AM
If all you're looking for is a game that will let you do excessive crotch damage, you might be interested in Bulletstorm, which apparently keeps score.

Actually, my good sir, I'm looking for a game that let's me to Excessive Crotch Damage..to people online! :D Nothing says Teabag like ripping your opponent's away.

Wolfy

According to TV tropes, after Gearbox Revealed that they would be releasing Duke Nukem Forever, and posted the trailer, DNF was the highest Trending topic on Twitter for 30 hours. O-o

Soo...there are still many fans out there that are waiting for May. :D

Inkidu

Is Duke Nukem even culturally relative anymore? :\
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on January 28, 2011, 05:32:40 PM
Is Duke Nukem even culturally relative anymore? :\

Always bet on Duke, Inki...With Duke Nukem Forever, I'm sure he'll make a comeback. :P

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on January 28, 2011, 07:33:11 PM
Always bet on Duke, Inki...With Duke Nukem Forever, I'm sure he'll make a comeback. :P
And they'll release Starcraft Ghost too.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on January 28, 2011, 07:46:07 PM
And they'll release Starcraft Ghost too.

Nah.. you're being too hopeful. I mean would activision revist something that was already developed and money spent on? Nah.. pour good cash down a whole instead.

Inkidu

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 28, 2011, 07:53:46 PM
Nah.. you're being too hopeful. I mean would activision revist something that was already developed and money spent on? Nah.. pour good cash down a whole instead.
I was being sarcastic.

Duke is kind of superficial for the modern movements in video gaming. I don't know how well he'll hold up in an industry that's trying to validate itself as an art form to the rest of the world.

Still, it might succeed because there are millions who will buy it just to fulfill their ancient adolescent dreams.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on January 28, 2011, 08:01:31 PM
I was being sarcastic.

Duke is kind of superficial for the modern movements in video gaming. I don't know how well he'll hold up in an industry that's trying to validate itself as an art form to the rest of the world.

Still, it might succeed because there are millions who will buy it just to fulfill their ancient adolescent dreams.

Please.. us old fogies prefer the term.. 'Nostalgia.'. Tis more dignified.

Shjade

Quote from: Inkidu on January 28, 2011, 08:01:31 PM
Duke is kind of superficial for the modern movements in video gaming.
You're talking about a modern gaming environment that creates such artsy, high-concept games as Kane & Lynch and Dead Rising 2?

Somehow I think it will still have an audience.
◕/◕'s

Inkidu

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 28, 2011, 08:06:01 PM
Please.. us old fogies prefer the term.. 'Nostalgia.'. Tis more dignified.
Hey I'm nostalgic about my share of games too, but I've never been one to hop on the wanton violence and sex train. Plus I was way too little to play Duke Nukem, yet I played Doom... go figure.

Edit: Kayne and Lynch reviewed sub par and Dead Rising 2's story was surprisingly deep.

Shjade

If Duke Nukem has some moments of insightful commentary you think that'll make it any less a cheesecake shootemup game?

Dead Rising 2's concept is butchery of zombies (and some people) while dressing yourself in ridiculous outfits and duct-taping swords onto your swords so you can chop while you chop. If you don't think that's superficial...you have an interesting skew on concept interpretation.

As for Duke itself, eh. There was a comment I redacted on another forum because it just seemed like it'd be too inflammatory in that atmosphere, but on this one it seems like it'd go over with less ZOMGWUT, so I can sum up my thoughts on it as follows:

I enjoyed playing Duke Nukem 3D for at least quite a few months. I shot aliens, froze guys with jetpacks so they'd fall and shatter, shrank and stomped on pig-cops, spent far too long trying to find ways to make the strippers and slime-covered bikini girls do more interesting things, and generally had a good time.

Then I turned fourteen.
◕/◕'s

Inkidu

How about the heartfelt story of pain and loss of Chuck Greene as he tries to save his daughter? How, about the message that if you can cure a zombie why should you just wantonly kill them? I like the opening scene the best. A crowd of people ignoring their troubles over shallow bloodsport.

It's there. It's entirely possible not to go around wearing a banana hammock and riding a tricycle. All I know is a lot of old classics are getting deeper remakes. Tomb Raider for instance. Games are more or less maturing. Blowing up someone into little bits just because is not floating like it used to.

Wolfy

Well if you want to look at it in an artistic way, Inki, compare Duke Nukem to other "Vulgar" artwork. Just because something is Vulgar, Obscene, or Disturbing, doesn't make it any less of an artwork. o3o

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on January 29, 2011, 12:39:42 AM
Well if you want to look at it in an artistic way, Inki, compare Duke Nukem to other "Vulgar" artwork. Just because something is Vulgar, Obscene, or Disturbing, doesn't make it any less of an artwork. o3o
Yes, but vulgarity, obscenity, and whatnot just because you can be vulgar, obscene, and whatnot is not art.

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on January 29, 2011, 06:54:42 PM
Yes, but vulgarity, obscenity, and whatnot just because you can be vulgar, obscene, and whatnot is not art.

It's more of a philosophical thing, really. Stepping on values, all that. Yeah!

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on January 29, 2011, 08:33:56 PM
It's more of a philosophical thing, really. Stepping on values, all that. Yeah!
I guess.

Wolfy

Then don't think of it as being vulgar just because it can...in fact, think of it as being a parody. :D Everything "Bad" or "Vulgar" in video games taken to absurd, Beyond the impossible, 'turn the dial up to 11' levels, if you will.

Plus, Inki, any art form has to have the proverbial "envelope" pushed in order to expand and grow.

Arandrocles

Absurdity and fun is what games are all about, right?

I don't believe I have played a game of any sort without its share of absurdity. Even tag is absurd, you go and smack some one and tell them they are it and run away as fast as you can...

Kunoichi

Kotaku has a first impression of the game up.

Apparently, it's the kind of game that grows on you over time...

QuoteThere are the little things, like the fact that Duke’s health is measured entirely by his ego, something you can replenish or increase not with health packs, but with looks in the mirror, weight lifting and general self back-pattery.

There are the games within the game, like the surprisingly fun Duke Nukem pinball machine and the slots. There is the return to puzzles in a shooter, something not often seen in games like Call of Duty or Medal of Honor.

Oniya

QuoteThere are the little things, like the fact that Duke’s health is measured entirely by his ego, something you can replenish or increase not with health packs, but with looks in the mirror, weight lifting and general self back-pattery.

My god, it's like Golgo XIII all over again!
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Heaven Sent Blossom

The second largest problem with the "games as art" movement, is that there are only about ten guys in the industry emotionally mature enough to spearhead it.
And none of them are in positions of real power.

As for Duke, honestly Gearbox have let me down so far with the mechanics of their games, so I don't imagine they will with this. Granted I'm not exactly excited for it but I certainly think it will be a nice change of pace from CoD and it's billion generic clones.

Wolfy

Can't wait for this...:D

I'm so getting the collector's edition. lol...I'm tempted to buy Borderlands: GoTY edition just to get first access to the demo.

Shjade

Quote from: Heaven Sent Blossom on February 11, 2011, 01:12:44 AM
As for Duke, honestly Gearbox have let me down so far with the mechanics of their games, so I don't imagine they will with this. Granted I'm not exactly excited for it but I certainly think it will be a nice change of pace from CoD and it's billion generic clones.
I thought of Borderlands as the alternative to the CoD-type FPS games, which was also a Gearbox project. Then again, as FPS's go, Borderlands is...iffy. It has the RPG-shooter issue of inaccurate guns that always annoys me and enemies that get crazy-high health later on, up to the point where you hit max level and find a few legendary caustic/fire/lightning guns and everything becomes dead when you look at it.

I dunno. It might work out okay. I had to admit to grinning at the Ego Shield idea when I read about it in The Escapist's preview review.
◕/◕'s

Heaven Sent Blossom

Brothers in Arms is a much better gauge of how Gearbox do "traditional" shooter mechanics.
Also, if I remember correctly, the core of Gearbox were part of the teams that worked on all the old Duke games before Pitchford decided to split. So they remain untarnished by the amount of time that DN:F spent in development hell, but still get to bask in the glory of having worked on DN:3D.

Oniya

Preordering has proved risky where this game is concerned.

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on February 13, 2011, 12:05:28 PM
Preordering has proved risky where this game is concerned.
Ssh, let him dream, Oniya. Let him dream. :)

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on February 13, 2011, 01:04:33 PM
Ssh, let him dream, Oniya. Let him dream. :)

True true.. I don't preorder this again.. once was enough. :D

Inkidu

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on February 14, 2011, 03:12:00 PM
True true.. I don't preorder this again.. once was enough. :D
Plus there's no guarantee that it will be any good. Though, Gearbox might be geniuses on that regard. How many people are going to buy it just because they've waited forever? :)

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on February 14, 2011, 04:13:41 PM
Plus there's no guarantee that it will be any good. Though, Gearbox might be geniuses on that regard. How many people are going to buy it just because they've waited forever? :)

AHEM:

http://blogs.forbes.com/davidewalt/2011/02/11/duke-nukem-forever-balls-of-steel-edition/

This is enough to get me to pre-order the limited edition...

Sabby

Hehehehe... "Art not final. Contents subject to change" xD

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on February 14, 2011, 10:25:31 PM
Red flag, red flag! :D

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on February 15, 2011, 01:33:28 PM
Red flag, red flag! :D

Oh P-shaw, you nay sayers...Duke is finally getting his dues..and we could see a revival of the franchise, as well. :D

Oniya

Quote from: Sabby on February 14, 2011, 10:25:31 PM

Actually, let's look at what the ad says...

Collectible bust of the greatest alien ass-kicker of all-time
Numbered limited edition certificate of authenticity
100 page hardcover book: History, Legacy & Legend: Duke Nukem Forever Art from the Vault
Duke Nukem Forever postcard series
Duke Nukem Forever radioactive emblem sticker
Duke Nukem Forever collectable comic book
Duke Nukem Forever foldable paper craft
Duke Nukem Forever poker chips
Duke Nukem Forever mini-card deck
Duke Nukem Forever radioactive emblem dice

I notice that 'Duke Nukem Forever game disk' isn't mentioned.  XD

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on February 15, 2011, 01:41:26 PM
Actually, let's look at what the ad says...

Collectible bust of the greatest alien ass-kicker of all-time
Numbered limited edition certificate of authenticity
100 page hardcover book: History, Legacy & Legend: Duke Nukem Forever Art from the Vault
Duke Nukem Forever postcard series
Duke Nukem Forever radioactive emblem sticker
Duke Nukem Forever collectable comic book
Duke Nukem Forever foldable paper craft
Duke Nukem Forever poker chips
Duke Nukem Forever mini-card deck
Duke Nukem Forever radioactive emblem dice

I notice that 'Duke Nukem Forever game disk' isn't mentioned.  XD
NOOOOOOOO! :D

Wolfy

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107789-Duke-Nukem-Forever-Steamworks-and-Sexy-Hats

Hmm..I dunno...I think I want to get my Balls of Steel from Gamestop, so I can get Duke's Big Package too.

Inkidu

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on February 16, 2011, 04:39:40 PM
So many colors of wrong.

What, Inki? You don't want to have Duke's big package in your hands, along with his balls of steel? I mean, come on.

TheGlyphstone

If you preorder it from...Germany...I think, you get Duke Nukem brand condoms.

Oniya

TheGlyphstone

Callie Del Noire

consortium11

I think at this stage I'd absolutely love it if the entire thing was a hoax... they got the main gaming magazines/websites in on it and just thought they'd troll the hell out of us.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: consortium11 on March 24, 2011, 03:45:43 PM
I think at this stage I'd absolutely love it if the entire thing was a hoax... they got the main gaming magazines/websites in on it and just thought they'd troll the hell out of us.

I think at this point someone would most likely firebomb their building if they did.

Wolfy

Psh...Duke never comes early, everyone knows that. :p He's too cool to show up on time.

Kunoichi

xD Well, at least they're approaching it with humor.

Inkidu

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on March 24, 2011, 05:47:52 PM
This is how it starts...

You'll see man! You'll see! *puts on 80's shades* Always bet on Duke, man. Always!

Wolfy

..xD

Brings up a good point..how will Fox News react to Duke Nukem when it finally comes out? :D

Seriously...I think Fox may explode, especially considering they called Mass Effect a "Rape Simulator" And said bulletstorm would turn people into rapists. :/

Kunoichi

I'm predicting that they're just going to ignore it, myself. :P

Wolfy

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 25, 2011, 10:33:47 PM
I'm predicting that they're just going to ignore it, myself. :P

Oh really? Like they ignored Mass Effect and Bulletstorm?

No ma'am....Duke is going to cause a media firestorm on Fox.

Sabby

Meh, I avoid that. It sets me off too easily :/ besides, I'm bloody sick of 'realism'. Duke couldn't be coming back at a better time.

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on March 26, 2011, 02:11:38 AM
Meh, I avoid that. It sets me off too easily :/ besides, I'm bloody sick of 'realism'. Duke couldn't be coming back at a better time.

Holy crap, Sabby? Possibly excited that Duke is back?

...Seriously did I walk into some Bizzaro world? O-o Duke Nukem seems like it would be something you'd hate, Sabby.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Wolfy on March 26, 2011, 12:37:44 AM
Oh really? Like they ignored Mass Effect and Bulletstorm?

No ma'am....Duke is going to cause a media firestorm on Fox.

Nope.  Like they ignored Mass Effect 2 and all those GTA 3 sequels. :P It's a pattern I've noticed.  They never go after established properties, only new ones.

Besides, Duke's so over-the-top that they're not really going to know where to start.

Wolfy

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 26, 2011, 02:58:58 PM
Nope.  Like they ignored Mass Effect 2 and all those GTA 3 sequels. :P It's a pattern I've noticed.  They never go after established properties, only new ones.

Besides, Duke's so over-the-top that they're not really going to know where to start.

Considering he's been out of commission for 14 years now, I dunno...they may treat it like a new Property, especially if Duke does well and actual makes a come back into a new series of games.

Inkidu

Personally, I just don't like the fact that the gaming community want's to call itself mature and will bash EA's Dead Space 2 ad. An ad which can be marketed to seventeen-year-olds (in the U.S. at least). This is the same community that will buy a Duke Nukem game. What's the Duke got that exempts it from maturity? Nostalgia. I'm not opposed to gross fun, violence, and sexual pandering in general I just don't think the community should have it both ways.

I didn't grow up with the Duke so I doubt I'll buy it. It's not like Mortal Kombat where it has been around the last fourteen years. I could at least play MK when I was seventeen.

Drow Denizen

I love Zero Punctuations mock review of DNF from back in 2009 when no one in their right mind thought the game would actually be released.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/748-Duke-Nukem-Forever

Oh how I look forward to his inevitable actual review of the game (well, if DNF's release can ever be considered 'inevitable'...)
You might say it's sexist to treat women like objects, so you can ogle their luscious rounded boobies and melt away between their smooth milky thighs as the sweat runs in rivulets from their writhing, sensuous body, but...sorry, I forgot where I was going with that.

Sabby

Quote from: Wolfy on March 26, 2011, 02:45:03 PM
Holy crap, Sabby? Possibly excited that Duke is back?

...Seriously did I walk into some Bizzaro world? O-o Duke Nukem seems like it would be something you'd hate, Sabby.

Why wouldn't I like it? :/

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on March 29, 2011, 09:30:47 AM
Why wouldn't I like it? :/

I dunno..it just seems like the kind of Macho, Alpha Male game that you'd hate.

Kunoichi

Nah, it's gone firmly into the realm of parody by now, Wolfy. :P

Wolfy

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 29, 2011, 07:19:09 PM
Nah, it's gone firmly into the realm of parody by now, Wolfy. :P

I dunno...can it really be called Parody if Duke was arguably one of the first ever to do it? :P

Shjade

What? Sabby's totally macho!

And yes, Wolfy, it's parody. Duke3d was parody when it first came out. Thus why all his quotes are from other things.
◕/◕'s

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on March 29, 2011, 07:33:23 PM
I dunno...can it really be called Parody if Duke was arguably one of the first ever to do it? :P
Can something that hasn't basically existed on the radar for thirteen years even be parodied?

Wolfy

Nope, it's official. Duke Nukem Forever will be called the next Rape simulator by Fox News.

How do I know this? It's quite simple, dear friends:

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/11512/duke-nukem-forever-multiplayer-detailed

And I quote:
One of the less funny aspects involve the Capture the Babe mode. When you grab the other teams "babe", sometimes she'll start to freak out and struggle as you take her back to your base, so you have to give her a smack to quiet her down.

A smack on the ass, but still.

:D Thoughts? Feelings? RAGE? ^-^

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on April 05, 2011, 09:01:26 PM
Nope, it's official. Duke Nukem Forever will be called the next Rape simulator by Fox News.

How do I know this? It's quite simple, dear friends:

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/11512/duke-nukem-forever-multiplayer-detailed

And I quote:
A smack on the ass, but still.

:D Thoughts? Feelings? RAGE? ^-^
While I doubt Duke Nukem Forever is going to be a rape simulator, I doubt anyone should feel enraged, incensed, or offended that it has come up in controversy. You can't ask for the the Duke and not take any repercussions for getting the Duke. :\

I'm only worried that it'll set back games' acceptance into the artistic. However, you can't be set back when the media's views of you are already rock bottom. Have fun with the nostalgia, I guess.   

Wolfy

xD Oh Gearbox and 2K...can you do no wrong?

Now to promote the game, they've created a nice little promo game called...Duke Nudem.

You shoot targets and try to beat one of four women's scores, and if you beat them, they take their tops off for you. :D

http://www.boob-tube.eu/duke-nudem/

It just grows better and better everyday.

TheGlyphstone

Technically.

Have you actually tried playing that game? It's horrifically laggy - I can't even get my cursor to a target before it vanishes.

Wolfy

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on May 19, 2011, 08:01:03 AM
Technically.

Have you actually tried playing that game? It's horrifically laggy - I can't even get my cursor to a target before it vanishes.

True..but if you want to unlock all the wallpapers, just type in DNitems.
:D

Shjade

1 - type it in where?

2 - the quick-draw game's a total luck shot: either the target pops up near your cursor or you lose. ;p

3 - keeps wanting to freeze up on me. x.x

4 - beating Rosie by 1 point induces a grin.
◕/◕'s

Wolfy

Quote from: Shjade on May 19, 2011, 02:51:18 PM
1 - type it in where?

2 - the quick-draw game's a total luck shot: either the target pops up near your cursor or you lose. ;p

3 - keeps wanting to freeze up on me. x.x

4 - beating Rosie by 1 point induces a grin.

just start typing it in on the score window. the Text box will pop up automatically. :P