Roaring 20ies/Speakeasy/Gangster & Crime Stories [Open to all]

Started by Nico, April 29, 2015, 09:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: SlipperySue on May 04, 2015, 05:05:05 AM
The idea I had about an Irish gangster is slowly taking shape in my head and I can't seem to get rid of him.  If I complete his character, would it be possible to actually start playing him later.

The face claim would be for Liam Neeson

I'm working on the daughter of an Irish Mob Boss (NPC at this point, unless you'd like to work something out) if you'd like connections. :) I haven't even started my sheet yet, but I do have my face claim lined up.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Nico

Hello! Just take your time! :-) People are still busy doing their sheets and plotting. We'll give it some days for people to get settled, before we're kicking it all off! ;D

Nico

You're just right on time! :-)

If you haven't found it already - we've put all the important links in the first post of this thread. ~nodnod~ If you need anything/have questions/etc. just toss a PM Kane's and my way.

Nico

That won't be possible because the Speakeasy owner is just 25! Kane's writing the owner (his character is the oldest son of the Don) and there already is a spot reserved for his sister.

Nico

I think Aiden's going to make a bootlegger/smuggler for the illegal booze. I'd throw him a PM if I were you, though. Competition is good for conflict, after all. :P Or maybe good contacts?

Nico

And since my mind was all over the place the past days.....

...it is about time for a big THANK YOU, EVERYONE!

For your interest, the awesome characters and ideas,  and the plotting. You all rock.

Mayakterra

Hi there!

I hate to pull a shameless plug, but I was posting a new thread on a group RP i've been working on and I couldn't help notice your thread right here.

I don't know if you Nic, or any others in here are interested in collaborating with me, but I've already put together a scenario or story if anybody is interested.

Additionally, I wouldn't mind joining any stories you guys do here! I have a lot of love for the 20's.

I just thought I'd offer to possibly meld minds if you need, I specialize in world building and developing story history arcs.

Nico

Quote from: Mayakterra on May 04, 2015, 12:34:19 PM
Hi there!

I hate to pull a shameless plug, but I was posting a new thread on a group RP i've been working on and I couldn't help notice your thread right here.

I don't know if you Nic, or any others in here are interested in collaborating with me, but I've already put together a scenario or story if anybody is interested.

Additionally, I wouldn't mind joining any stories you guys do here! I have a lot of love for the 20's.

I just thought I'd offer to possibly meld minds if you need, I specialize in world building and developing story history arcs.
Hello!

Thank you for the offer! If you want to join, all you have to do is read our rules and make a character. :-)

Nico

I'm gonna tweak the IC threads some more today (after work) and I'll stick my head together with Kane. I think it's soon time to get some IC action going! ;D

This does, of course, not mean that anyone should feel rushed to finish their characters. You finish it when you do, there is more than enough time and opportunity to jump in on the action.

Timeless

.. Goddamnit.

I had been trying to ignore this urge for a long while. But if there is anybody who would like connections or plots or anything in general, do tell me. I would like to reserve Takeshi Kaneshiro, and I plan to make him a triad leader who hails from Hong Kong.

.... so yeah. >-> I'll.. see on that character sheet. I might take forever though.

*slinks away*

SlipperySue

Quote from: Timeless on May 05, 2015, 04:14:03 AM
.. Goddamnit.

I had been trying to ignore this urge for a long while. But if there is anybody who would like connections or plots or anything in general, do tell me. I would like to reserve Takeshi Kaneshiro, and I plan to make him a triad leader who hails from Hong Kong.

.... so yeah. >-> I'll.. see on that character sheet. I might take forever though.

*slinks away*

Sorry to be pedantic, but would a Hong Kong triad boss really have a Japanese name in the 1920's.  Just can't help myself, sorry again.

Timeless

Quote from: SlipperySue on May 05, 2015, 04:24:03 AM
Sorry to be pedantic, but would a Hong Kong triad boss really have a Japanese name in the 1920's.  Just can't help myself, sorry again.

... Takeshi Kaneshiro is the name of the actor I'm wanting to reserve as a face claim. o__o *tilts head*

SlipperySue

Quote from: Timeless on May 05, 2015, 04:28:40 AM
... Takeshi Kaneshiro is the name of the actor I'm wanting to reserve as a face claim. o__o *tilts head*

Sorry dumb as well as pedantic, not having a good day. (Hangs head in shame)

MaverickKane

.. Goddamnit.

*slinks away*

Would be an interesting addition to the game, I think. And yes, Takeshi Kaneshiro is fine for your face claim. Take your time. No rush. Others are still working on their sheets too.

Nico

.. Goddamnit.

*slinks away*
Love him! ;D

And I agree with Kane! That could be really interesting. Go for iiiiiit!

KatieSparks

Looks like a lovely setup! If there is still interest in any more female characters, I'd love to throw one into the mix... and lay a face claim on the one and only Mary Pickford, of course.

I have a vague idea for a character but it's need some fleshing out. I'm thinking she would be a bit of a world traveller - a Russian Jew displaced in WWI who met an American serviceman, perhaps in France. They met and married, and he took her home when the war was over... and she finds herself intrigued by the women's lib movement, which her new husband doesn't take too kindly to. A couple years later he ends up dying young and she finds herself all alone!

I'm thinking she takes a less than desirable position in a less than legal business to support herself? And she would be very excited to express herself sexually after the end of a rather stale marriage - she wants to live out her fantasies. I don't think she would be tough enough to survive as a prostitute but she'd certainly love to be in a position where she can meet a lot of... interesting people!

Nico

Quote from: KatieSparks on May 05, 2015, 11:27:00 AM
Looks like a lovely setup! If there is still interest in any more female characters, I'd love to throw one into the mix... and lay a face claim on the one and only Mary Pickford, of course.

I have a vague idea for a character but it's need some fleshing out. I'm thinking she would be a bit of a world traveller - a Russian Jew displaced in WWI who met an American serviceman, perhaps in France. They met and married, and he took her home when the war was over... and she finds herself intrigued by the women's lib movement, which her new husband doesn't take too kindly to. A couple years later he ends up dying young and she finds herself all alone!

I'm thinking she takes a less than desirable position in a less than legal business to support herself? And she would be very excited to express herself sexually after the end of a rather stale marriage - she wants to live out her fantasies. I don't think she would be tough enough to survive as a prostitute but she'd certainly love to be in a position where she can meet a lot of... interesting people!

Hello!

Yes, we're still open for more characters and writers to join our little time travel back to the 1920ies. You can find the rules in a link in the very first post of this thread, and any other links you need as well.

And, since you are Deverified, please click here to remedy that.

Nico

Annouchement!

Attention! Important News!

We will go live on May 6th!!!

(we're just gonna make some finishing touches later when I get home from work, but you can expect the threads to be opened up today! ;D)

Kendra

Hi Nic, only seeing this now and couldn't believe I had missed it all along.
As the game has now started, is it too late to get in on this?
I was considering a brother / sister duo.

Matthew Goode

and Elizabeth Debicki

sorry I couldn't go through all nine pages to see if either of these were taken, if they are no worries will go in search of others.
I was thinking influential family, father is in construction and is cleaning up as the 1920's were a major prosperous time for construction in New York.
Son is a bit of a playboy enjoys spending his fathers money while doing little as possible to earn or deserve it but as his father worked hard for every dime he has he's a bit lenient on his children letting them have the fun in life that he never had, daughter more a tomboy than a young lady, learning to fly, drives cars, wears only pant suits and smokes like a trooper. Old American family, over on the Mayflower type of thing. Possibly an apartment in Manhattan and a house in the suburbs.
sound plausible?  :-\

MaverickKane

Hello Red Tempest,

The game just started last night and Nic and I are still approving Character Sheets. Neither of your Face claims have been taken, as far as I know and your brother/sister duo sound like they would fit right in.

Kendra

Hi Maverick,

Thanks so much.
I've made a copy of the CS so will crack into it throughout today.
:-)

MaverickKane

Alright, sounds good. If you need any help, have any questions, feel free to reach me here or in pm.

Kendra

Quote from: MaverickKane on May 07, 2015, 06:46:29 AM
Alright, sounds good. If you need any help, have any questions, feel free to reach me here or in pm.

Will do, thanks a mill ;)

Bloodied Porcelain

I'm sorry it's taking me so long to get my sheets in. Most of my writing is done on a PC that has some sites blocked, and pretty much every single picture you guys have up is just a box with a red x (makes navigating a biiiiitch) to me until I manage to get home in the evenings, so my progress has been way slow. But it is getting done, I promise. Just... very very slowly.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Nico

Quote from: Red Tempest on May 07, 2015, 06:08:45 AM
Hi Nic, only seeing this now and couldn't believe I had missed it all along.
As the game has now started, is it too late to get in on this?
I was considering a brother / sister duo.

Matthew Goode

and Elizabeth Debicki

sorry I couldn't go through all nine pages to see if either of these were taken, if they are no worries will go in search of others.
I was thinking influential family, father is in construction and is cleaning up as the 1920's were a major prosperous time for construction in New York.
Son is a bit of a playboy enjoys spending his fathers money while doing little as possible to earn or deserve it but as his father worked hard for every dime he has he's a bit lenient on his children letting them have the fun in life that he never had, daughter more a tomboy than a young lady, learning to fly, drives cars, wears only pant suits and smokes like a trooper. Old American family, over on the Mayflower type of thing. Possibly an apartment in Manhattan and a house in the suburbs.
sound plausible?  :-\
Looks good to me! :-)

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on May 07, 2015, 08:37:16 AM
I'm sorry it's taking me so long to get my sheets in. Most of my writing is done on a PC that has some sites blocked, and pretty much every single picture you guys have up is just a box with a red x (makes navigating a biiiiitch) to me until I manage to get home in the evenings, so my progress has been way slow. But it is getting done, I promise. Just... very very slowly.
No rush. You get it done when you get it done!