Red Hand of Doom - D&D 5e Adventure Recruitment (NC-Exotic)

Started by Ershin, December 08, 2018, 07:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ershin

Quote from: Snake on December 09, 2018, 03:16:17 PM
Well since Ershin linked it I'll repost the sheet. Sorry.
I actually took the link out already :V
Feel free to take your time, you've got plenty of it

Snake

Oops. Well I put it back anyway. Syra's become my default female character anyway. And I haven't tried a monk before.

But I do have a question, can she take the "observant" feat? (+1 wis, can read Lips, +5 passive perception and investigation)

Chulanowa

Ershin

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 09, 2018, 04:00:17 PM
CENTAURS? *Gigantic sparkle-eyes*

Yeah, they're a playable race in the Ravnica book. They're a bit nerfed compared to their UA version though. Hooves do D4+str now instead of D6+str (and the wording has changed from "natural melee weapon with which you are proficient" to "natural melee weapon with which you can make unarmed strikes), medium creatures can no longer ride them (taking the fun out of the totem pole party build) and their Charge now requires them to move 30 ft (up from 20) and instead of doubling the damage dice now instead only permits a Hoof attack, though you can now do it all day every day instead of once per encounter.

Quote from: Snake on December 09, 2018, 03:51:46 PM
But I do have a question, can she take the "observant" feat? (+1 wis, can read Lips, +5 passive perception and investigation)
Of course, though you'd need to either take the variant human to get it at level 1 or replace the bonus to stats you would get in your level progression.

Snake

I replaces my lvl 4 asi and took the feat instead.  At least with monk she can go around flaunting her 16 Cha. Heh

Doomsday

It wasn't expressly stated in the OP, so I haven't done it yet, but are we determining ability scores using point buy, or random rolls? And what rules will be used for either system?

Snake

RedPhoenix

Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Thorne

Oofh. I did not get nice rolls. Well. No, I got decent rolls. I'll take it.

Decent rolls.

Summary: 16, 9, 11, 12, 14, 14.

At 2018-12-09 21:36:49, Sylverthorne (uid: 19) rolls: 4d6k+3 Result: 16
Full Result: Sylverthorne rolled: 4d6, keeping +3 dice
Comment: stat spread
Result: 6, 5, 4, 5,
Total: 16
At 2018-12-09 21:37:36, Sylverthorne (uid: 19) rolls: 4d6k+3 Result: 9 - Reroll: At 2018-12-09 21:40:18, Sylverthorne (uid: 19) rolls: 1d6 Result: 2
Roll Result: Sylverthorne rolled: 4d6, keeping +3 dice
Result: 1, 3, 3, 3,
Total: 9
At 2018-12-09 21:38:12, Sylverthorne (uid: 19) rolls: 4d6k+3 Result: 11
Result: 3, 4, 3, 4,
Total: 11
At 2018-12-09 21:38:38, Sylverthorne (uid: 19) rolls: 4d6k+3 Result: 12
Result: 4, 3, 4, 4,
Total: 12
At 2018-12-09 21:39:03, Sylverthorne (uid: 19) rolls: 4d6k+3 Result: 14
Result: 4, 3, 6, 4,
Total: 14
At 2018-12-09 21:39:27, Sylverthorne (uid: 19) rolls: 4d6k+3 Result: 13
Result: 4, 5, 3, 4,
Total: 13
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Hamadryad

Got my mechanics stuff all sorted. Rolled really well on everything but hitpoints,

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1774416

If you think she turned out too OP I'm happy to redo with points buy or something.

Ampere

Still working on a character sheet:

Rolls were less than stellar

Dice Rolls
Roll Result: Lilian rolled: 4d6, keeping 3 dice
Comment: Ability Scores
Result: 1, 3, 1, 1,
Total: 5

Roll Result: Lilian rolled: 3d6
Result: 3, 1, 6,
Total: 10

Roll Result: Lilian rolled: 1d6
Result: 6,
Total: 6

[15]

Result: 1, 2, 3, 3,
Total: 8

Result: 4,
Total: 4

[10]

Result: 2, 1, 2, 2,
Total: 6

Result: 4,
Total: 4

[8]

Result: 4, 2, 1, 2,
Total: 8

Result: 2,
Total: 2

[8]

Result: 5, 5, 4, 5,
Total: 15

[15]

Result: 5, 1, 2, 6,
Total: 13

Result: 3,
Total: 3

[14]
Art is magic delivered from the lie of being truth.

O&O's

Chulanowa

How would you feel about allowing the Lore Master or Theurgy UA arcane traditions, Ershin? If not I'd probably go Conjuration or Divination here. Also, variant options for a familiar - are things like imps, pseudodragons, cranium rats, gazers, quasits, tressym, and crawling claws allowed?

Name: Thaialie Featherwind
Race/Class: Centaur Wizard 5
Sex/Gender: Thaialie is very female.
Kinks: The character is not very experienced, beyond some poorly-illustrated and heavily dogeared tomes she's perused. In theory open to all genders and combinations thereof and exploring the racial spectrum, as well as seeing what works for her and what doesn't. Character is probably more interested in romance, except for, you know, when the heat hits, then it's probably snu-snu time. Player is pretty flexible, but not very big on pain / gore, "hard" NC (coercive / dubcon works) and a solid preference for sentient, non-undead partners with a minimum of tentacles. Occasional adorable jelly girls / boys notwithstanding. Player has a general preference for females and "softer" men, though for this character, rugged jawlines, mighty thews, and Has Chest Hair Like Gaston are just fine.
Brief Description: Thaialie comes off as an interesting blend of a half-elf and a draft pony. Most would agree that she's pretty, though it's hard to tell what she might keep under the layers of clothing she adorns herself with. The most striking feature is probably the long flowing "mane" of silver-blonde waves she has, matched by her tail.
   She tries to keep an air of studiousness aroudn her, and isn't very good with making first impressions or fast-talk. In fact she's rather shy and skittish aroudn strangers, but once she gets to know someone, she opens up and can become gregarious to the point of almost cloying. She has a deep love of nature, and hates to see plants or animals be harmed needlessly; strange for a centaur she's a vegetarian (though she only eats where her pet plant Anthony can't "see")
Familiarity With D&D: Very, on both sides of the DM screen; mostly online though.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: several times weekly; I trend to the slower side, and am not one to just haunt a thread hitting the refresh button :-) Still, can expect several per week, on pace with most games.

Anthony

Guancyto

Hmm, Zaer might find this one a bit on the familiar side. :P

Name: Calanthe
Race/Class: Human Paladin/Sorcerer (Devotion Oath/Red Dragon)
Sex/Gender: Female
Kinks: Nuzzles, snuggles, cuddles, head pat- oh, fine. Downtime fun depends heavily on story and characters, but I'm not averse to the possibility as the character is intended to be pretty sexually adventurous. Bad ends involving well-endowed humanoids and/or monsters are also okay, although I do prefer dubcon to outright noncon (overwhelmed with pleasure rather than broken with force, and all that), and gore is a big off. Been on kind of a monstergirl kick lately so that's in as well.
Brief Description: With bright red hair, a ready smile and eager eyes, this young adventurer stands prepared for action at all times. With trusty sword, heavy armor and all the firepower the ancient bloodline of Paratha the Red can bring (which is a fair bit), the forces of evil had best beware! Also a bit of a sweetheart and just really good at making baked goods. Best suited to setting things on fire and making an entrance while kicking something and shouting "JUSTICE!"
Familiarity With D&D: Played for fifteen years now if we only count tabletop, twenty if we count Baldur's Gate. I've played 2e, 3e, 3.5e, 4e and now 5e. So, you know, pretty much the average.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: Every other day is fine for ordinary posting; twice a week if more detailed posts are involved. Combat posts can go every day in a perfect world, but realistically there will be gaps.

Rolls!
Results of 11, 10, 14, 14, 14, 12. Starting wealth gets an extra 8x25=200 GP.

127301   Noone or Anyone   2018-12-09 13:24:13   At 2018-12-09 13:24:13, Guancyto (uid: 56325) rolls: 4d6k+3 Result: 11
127302   Noone or Anyone   2018-12-09 13:24:28   At 2018-12-09 13:24:28, Guancyto (uid: 56325) rolls: 4d6k+3 Result: 10
127303   Noone or Anyone   2018-12-09 13:24:40   At 2018-12-09 13:24:40, Guancyto (uid: 56325) rolls: 4d6k+3 Result: 14
127304   Noone or Anyone   2018-12-09 13:24:45   At 2018-12-09 13:24:45, Guancyto (uid: 56325) rolls: 4d6k+3 Result: 14
127307   Noone or Anyone   2018-12-09 13:28:17   At 2018-12-09 13:28:17, Guancyto (uid: 56325) rolls: 1d6 Result: 2
127305   Noone or Anyone   2018-12-09 13:24:53   At 2018-12-09 13:24:53, Guancyto (uid: 56325) rolls: 4d6k+3 Result: 12
127308   Noone or Anyone   2018-12-09 13:28:32   At 2018-12-09 13:28:32, Guancyto (uid: 56325) rolls: 1d6 Result: 4
127306   Noone or Anyone   2018-12-09 13:25:06   At 2018-12-09 13:25:06, Guancyto (uid: 56325) rolls: 4d6k+3 Result: 12

At 2018-12-10 03:07:32, Guancyto (uid: 56325) rolls: 1d10 Result: 8

Sheet is here, should have everything but the equipment.
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1774524

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Guancyto on December 10, 2018, 02:32:48 AM
Hmm, Zaer might find this one a bit on the familiar side. :P

Familiar looking indeed :). Anyways here is my mythweavers sheet on Promise (added to earlier post as well); https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1774520

Now, starting gold I rolled 4x25 = 100 + 500 = 600gp, but no idea what to buy really (besides alchemist supplies for my healing elixir spell foci). Only what I could buy, are ritual spells to my tome of secrets. But what is cost for my char 'acquire' those spells? It costs 50gp for each spell for inks and such, but there is no canon listed cost to study spellbooks or acquire scrolls (I think). Could learn max 3th level rituals (would want two 1st level ones; detect magic and tenser's floating disk and maybe comprehend language).

Also will short rest be 1 hour (which is standard) or 15 minutes (as some GM's rule it as 15 mins is enough in fluff/story wise for short breather after combat).

Ampere

Art is magic delivered from the lie of being truth.

O&O's

PhantomPistoleer

Name: Lt. Llowen Bloom
Race/Class:   Human / Fighter (City Watch)
Sex/Gender:   Male
Kinks:  Bloom is bisexual with a preference for women.  During downtime, he is available for BDSM, public sex, pegging, group sex, etc.  I am okay with "bad endings" with monstrous or humanoid monsters.
Brief Description:   Liutenant Llowen Bloom has raven-colored, greasy hair which frames a gaunt, sallow countenance.  His eyes are of a profound almond color, deeply set in sunken sockets with lids that seldom blink.  His lips are red and plush, often set into a subtle frown.

Though many assume that he is forlorn, he is simply passive and unfeeling.  However, he is fiercely loyal to his allies and harbors an intense hatred for all of his enemies, the Azarr Kul.

Familiarity With D&D:   I am not familiar with 5E D&D at all.  However, I am familiar with a lot of other D20 systems.  I am most familiar with 3.5.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?:   Daily.
Character Sheet:  Myth-weavers Link

I don't know what to spend money on.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Guancyto

If we end up with more gold than we can use, can we buy languages or tool proficiencies?

Chulanowa

Snake

Ershin

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 10, 2018, 01:43:17 AM
How would you feel about allowing the Lore Master or Theurgy UA arcane traditions, Ershin? If not I'd probably go Conjuration or Divination here. Also, variant options for a familiar - are things like imps, pseudodragons, cranium rats, gazers, quasits, tressym, and crawling claws allowed?

Theurgy - Having read through this a first time I was worried about it basically being a better version of the 3.5 Archivist or heaven forbid, a 3.5 Wizard who had a Divine Bard variant in the party who could learn basically all the Cleric Spell list and transcribe them as arcane scrolls for the Wizard to copy into his own spell book.
Read through it a second time, realised it says that you need to get all of your Domain spells before you can get other Cleric spells and in addition that other Wizards cannot copy your Divine spells. It also states that you learn the Divine spells through levelling up and nowhere does it say you can copy Divine scrolls... but neither does it say you can't with the caveat of the aforementioned "must learn Domain Spells" deal.
So if we address the
Air Bud rule
nowhere in the rules does it say a dog cannot play basketball
and state that you can only learn Cleric Spells through levelling up as specifically stated then yes, it is permitted.

Lore Master - Approved, I like it. I like it a lot.

Familiars - You're referring to the Variant: Familiars sidebar in Volo's Guide to Monsters, right? Were you thinking of anything in specific?

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 10, 2018, 04:42:49 AMAlso will short rest be 1 hour (which is standard) or 15 minutes (as some GM's rule it as 15 mins is enough in fluff/story wise for short breather after combat).

15 minutes.

Quote from: Guancyto on December 10, 2018, 12:27:26 PM
If we end up with more gold than we can use, can we buy languages or tool proficiencies?

Oh, see. Now this is something I hadn't considered. Interesting proposal. Cracking open the ol' Player's Handbook, (because the only training in the DMG refers to an optional rule to spend like 20 days downtime and a bunch of gold to level up) there's a section on page 187 which basically translates acquiring a new tool proficiency or language to 250 days practice at 1 gold per day, so therefore yes. If you wish you may spend 250 gold to get some learnin'. Just make sure you list down what you got

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 10, 2018, 12:56:42 PM
Also any chances of common or uncommon magic items?

I'm going to say yes to purchasing common or uncommon items. I've also been doing a bit of research into prices for magic items because, hoo boy, 5e DMG I don't know what you were doing but having common items like a basic potion of healing be 50 - 100 gold? No difference between a one-use consumable and a sword you can swing forever? Ridiculous.
We'll be using the Sane Magical Item Prices guide by Saidoro for this. Will add it to the house rules later.

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 10, 2018, 04:42:49 AM
Now, starting gold I rolled 4x25 = 100 + 500 = 600gp, but no idea what to buy really (besides alchemist supplies for my healing elixir spell foci). Only what I could buy, are ritual spells to my tome of secrets. But what is cost for my char 'acquire' those spells? It costs 50gp for each spell for inks and such, but there is no canon listed cost to study spellbooks or acquire scrolls (I think). Could learn max 3th level rituals (would want two 1st level ones; detect magic and tenser's floating disk and maybe comprehend language).

As for the acquisition of spells, using the Sane Prices guide;
10g for level 0 scrolls
60g for level 1 scrolls
120g for level 2 scrolls
+50g for transcription as per the Wizard rules.

I bet you had thought I'd missed out or intentionally skipped this question, but this was simply a better order to answer it so everything flows together neatly as I have just now referred tot he Sane Prices guide!

And guys, let me know if I missed any questions. There have been a good number to get through and I apologise if I did miss them.

Ershin

Also. Geeze guys. This has only been open for like two days and I already have double the number of entrants here with eleven more days to go before closing. Y'all got me sweatin' like Nixon on who I'm going to eventually pick and how many more there'll be before the end ^^;