BakemonoShiki [Interest Check]

Started by Leki, February 03, 2018, 09:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avalon29

Don't know what others think but I like him Joanie.

Relikai

I think I'll place a mark for a female Ryougi Shiki

Solistair

Leki

@Mentioning Idlewyld
Yes, and I'll keep doing it until someone tracks him down and drags him back on here! Kidding

@Joanie's Image
Nothing wrong with it, and nothing special about it either.
How well it fits depends on the type of character you're planning to play I guess.
Though I suppose it'd help to uncover just how many people here are open people are in regards to guy on guy.
Note though, that I'd opt towards a character who can swing both ways to broaden potential interactions. As someone who's roleplayed in Yaoi groups before.... I will state that the stereotypical submissive (Uke) doesn't tend to catch must interest in group situations unless played really really really well.... Yes I said really three times to emphasize my point. Don't judge my vocabulary! xD

@Relikai
Would be a delight to have you, especially if you're thinking of playing a female shiki~
Seem to be a bit skewered in terms of gender balance at the moment (again), but I'm sure we'll work something out.
A lot of the guys are looking to be bisexual anyway. Though I assume the same could be said for some girls.

@Solistair
Hello, and welcome~
Just quickly though would you be interested in a Occultist or Shiki role? Gender?
Don't really need a full-on character sheet yet, and people are welcome to change their selection, but I'd like to know what people are thinking a bit so I can work things out.

SweetSerenade

My Occultist will probably end up Heteroflexible, it'd take a rather exceptional female character for me to consider a fxf scene - and I won't do fxf romance... xD My Shiki though, if I get to have him - will also be Het, cause I don't really feel comfortable writing mxm xD

I'll start working out a few things, finalizing what I'm doing. I'm thinking about changing up the image I'm using - and use another image that Melody did for me... I have a couple characters I can work through. xD

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Leki

Going to drop this in to serve as an example of how the character sheet should look at this stage.
Having points down in the last section is obviously a plus.

Name: Narrukai Nyrrhastur
Height: 186cm (6’1”)
Hair Color: Strawberry Red
Eye Color: Icy Blue
World: Charon
Sexuality: Bisexual
Top Kink: Seduction & Resistance

Personality Keyword
Vanity: A Narcissist who’s unwaveringly assured in the extent of his own physical beauty. Narrukai is an egocentric individual who genuinely believes himself to be irrefutably irresistible. He thinks of the world as his oyster, and those within it as fanciful pearls; pretty little gemstones that’ll entertain him for a fleeting moment, before losing their lustre. Being a philanderer he’s broken more than his fair share of hearts, yet takes great satisfaction toying with people, and whittling resistance into submission through seduction and coercion.

Other Points of Interest:
-

SweetSerenade

Name: Noel Renard
Height: 157cm (5'2'')
Hair Color: Pale Blonde
Eye Color: Green
World: Earth
Sexuality: Heteroflexible
Top Kink: Being Conquered

Personality Keyword
Driven: Noel is a woman that came from a rather interesting background, while she was given all the luxuries of life by merit of her father's political status, this young woman was damned and determined to make her own way in life. She wanted to show the world that no matter what your status in life, you needed to always work hard to accomplish your goals. Her father being highly religious, and Noel taking an interest in being a Singer - did not work very well, it also didn't work out well with her father's political aspirations.

She wanted to be a singer, ever at the cost of being disowned by her father. Lucky for her she had an old Uncle that had expected such a thing to happen. So the driven young woman was kicked out at 12, and by 13 she was traveling through various cities trying to find the right Producer for her. She became famous, and quickly(A matter of months because of appearing on a TV show); Not just for her looks, but because of the clarity of her voice and the driven nature that everyone could see when she was on the stage. This continued for many years - until she had her Prana awakening. Suddenly, Noel Renard disappeared from the global sight, and no one has seen her since.

Her Drive pushes her towards many things, and this includes keeping her clarity and her nature as it was. She continues to hold up her morals, and her drive, even though the Government she has been dragged into - refuses to allow her to continue the career that holds her heart.

- Was a Famous Singer, Global Level, but vanished shortly after her 18th birthday - It's been six months since than.
- Is the first 'Occultist' in her family, and has only kept contact with her 'Uncle' that helped keep her from being on the streets.
- Noel has been so dedicated to being a singer that she has difficulties adjusting to what the Government wants her to do. Furthermore she has found herself incapable of finding a compatible Shiki.
- Noel is a very vibrant young woman when interacting with her, a sharp mind, and a ready wit, with a driven nature to accomplish what she sets her mind to. But because of the way she entered the Global scene, as a Singer, at such a young age, she had little chance to develop other than precursory relationships with others. She has never had a boyfriend, her best friend is a stuffed cat, and if you ask her about her sex life - she'll tell you she has no time for such silly things.

Alistair Leonhart

Oh, these concepts are pretty neat! I was wondering what the others were going to play, this seems like a nice preview for the time being. Two very driven people, a narcissist and a fox trickster, I smell shenanigans for days xD

JoanieSappho

And my guy got updated, too!
Doing a guy is strange, though ...

Relikai

Name: Tsukasa
Player: Relikai
Height: 5’6 (168cm)
Hair Color: Purple
Eye Color: Red
World: Charon
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Personality
Proud: Being born of Charon and having a touch of the divine in her, Tsukasa sees most beings of Charon as her equals or subordinates. The beings of Errure, while respecting the freedom, are beings who do not understand the need for protection against the beings of Veskra, who Tsukasa despises. She sees herself as a powerful independent being of Charon, with little need for help in combat given her potent abilities unless the laws of a different world demands that she submit to another being to fulfill her mission.

She's proud of her being, she's proud of her body. Any being which touches her inappropriately runs the risk of her wrath, but that does not mean that deep inside she might be liking the experience.

Steadfast: Tsukasa's role as a Gatekeeper was made possible only through her steadfastness, her dedication to duty. No being of Veskra has ever stepped onto Charon from her gate, and no being of Charon has suffered long when she was commissioned for a rescue mission. That and Tsukasa's refusal to give up until the very end which nearly cost her more than a few times has made her one of the known beings in Charon, feared in name and deed.

Shiki Background
History The first mentions of Tsukasa was in the first Century AD, as a teacher and mentor for dozens of mythical heroes and beings formed from legend. The warriors of Ulster, Ireland, and even the Norse had a common teacher in the being who dwells in an island castle, a warrior who taught them the use of martial weapons and primal magic. Taking up the name of 'Scathach the Shadow', Tsukasa stealthily used Earth as a place to hone her divine heritage and powers, occasionally battling the Veskran who stumbled upon her presence in that part of the world. Upon reaching a hundred years on Earth, Tsukasa left for Charon, intent on testing herself among the higher beings after achieving legendary status on Earth.

Known as a warrior who goes around looking for 'trouble', Tsukasa fights with a specialized spear and the use of magic. A mercenary in the sense that she takes up jobs not for money but to boost her fame and power, Tsukasa was known to make daring attacks into Veskra, pulling kidnapped beings from demons while fulfilling her thirst for challenges through slaying demons of Veskra. Primarily a Gatekeeper, she also keeps part of Charon safe from intruding demons, while allowing lessers to seek refuge in her world.

Perception of Humanity: While most humans are lesser beings vulnerable to the influence of corruption, there are some who are worthy to be mentored by Tsukasa. Susceptible to the touch of darkness, it would be Tsukasa's natural draw to seal their world from evil as they cannot do such a thing by themselves.

Abilities

Divine Being: A being of Charon, Tsukasa has divine blood running through her. This amplifies her compatibility with light magic, and also makes her naturally resistant to Veskran influences. It does make her vulnerable to Shadows however, and being a conduit of divine energy makes her somewhat noticeable in some situations.

Level One - Slayer: The basic ability of Tsukasa, honed from centuries of battling against creatures of all sorts. Slayer of Shiki and demons, it was one thing that Tsukasa was known for in her earthly legends, and by most beings in Charon.

Level Two - Magic Resistance: Resistance to demonic and shadow magics improve. This does not make her entirely resistant, but requires a considerable effort by the being in order to corrupt Tsukasa or hurt her with magic-based attacks.

- Can change her clothing in a whim, but often found fighting in a skintight outfit which shows her curves while not restricting her movement.
- Often found wielding a lance, she could make a weapon out of any pole.
- Faster than she is strong.

Amarlo

I have ultimately decided not to join. I've been brainstorming but unfortunately it seems my writer's block hasn't gone away yet. :(

I hope the game goes well for everyone else though!

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Alistair Leonhart

As a question, I assume that if a particular character would never want to deprive the Shiki of their free will for any reason, or if they want to earn the Shiki's trust by not being able to do so, they're free to spend all of their sigils during the bond process, right? Since those are the only two uses for the Sigils that I noticed, I figured I'd ask beforehand.

SweetSerenade

I believe that it was mentioned up to three sigils for the initial? Iay be wrong, but I also imaging Leki wouldn't want anyone to have full sigils start of the game. Seems a bit OP...Ya know? Plus, I doubt that kind of trust would exist right out of the gate.

Alistair Leonhart

I figured it was OP, hence the question. In that case, can you spend the other 2 Sigils to continue powering your Shiki once your bond with the Shiki increases to Trust and Kindred respectively, or are those last 2 Sigils exclusively to order them to do something or to OverCharge them?

SweetSerenade

That would be a Leki question, but I would imagine that he has limitations he wants to place for the start of the game - on how many sigils a Shiki can be given at the start. Also I know he mentioned that there is a max to it? Also, even though it's mentioned you can go take a romp with a shiki to form a bond, you can't instantly jump up Intimacy ratings either, as there is a GM mandated Stagger on that. I imagine the same can be said for the Sigil Bond?

Edit: Just started coffee, had to edit for clarity.

Alistair Leonhart

Yep, I do know the actual value of the Shiki's trust doesn't increase from the beginning, I was more saying "If at the start you spend 3 sigils to power up your Shiki, then during the game you manage to increase your bond with them to Trust, can you then spend a Sigil to make them reach a level higher, and the same would happen when you reach Kindred? Or are the 4th and 5th Sigils only for OverCharge or Commands?" Sorry if I didn't word that too well ^^;

Edit: Oh, whoops, just saw the edit. But yeah, I understand that there needs to be story in between Bond Rating, and I fully agree with that, makes things much more interesting

Editception: After re-reading the rules, I think the closest interpretation is that yes, the 4th and 5th Sigils are only for OverCharge and Commands. I guess I'm confused by a Shiki achieving Level 5 with only 3 Sigils, according to the chart?

SweetSerenade

I imagine that In Character if you wanted to increase the sigil bonding - I don't think there would be any issues with it? As long as it was done appropriately? Leki would have to confirm this. This universe is of his making, I'm just here to help him the best that I can. :3

Avalon29

Quote from: Alistair Leonhart on February 09, 2018, 08:41:38 PM
Oh, these concepts are pretty neat! I was wondering what the others were going to play, this seems like a nice preview for the time being. Two very driven people, a narcissist and a fox trickster, I smell shenanigans for days xD

Oh yes there will  be plenty of shenanigans wherever Haru is involved.

I'm liking all the variety we're getting too. The shiki so far are all quite different from one another and our trio of occultists all seem very promising. The first run ins with shiki and occultists should prove to be lots of fun.

Alistair Leonhart

Seems that way! We've got a Proud Shiki and a Shy Occultist, on top of the other four characters, so this adds a bit of variety to the roster. I won't be able to join the first run-in (I'm not going to be around from the night of the 12th forward until March 13th) but maybe I have enough time to fill the full sheet on the last day and then join the fun when I come back. Just a day and a half left, vibrates nervously

Leki

As usual, stuff happens when Leki is sleeping~

@Character Variety
I'm very pleased to see that we're getting quite the nice variety in regards to characters :3
I haven't approved anyone yet, but I'll hopefully be sending out PM's with further instructions some time today.

@Departures
Not surprised by Amarlo's departure since it'd been awhile.
Hopefully Sephora and akirakaneda are still with us :P

@Clarification on Sigils
I'm currently tinkering around with the Sigils... since I wasn't happy with the original setup I posted.
I'm not too concerned about characters being overpowered though since this GRP won't be focusing too much on the battle side of things. It's more of a power indicator that limits and diversifies strength of various Shiki.

The Sigils and Bonds are completely independent of each other.
And you can upgrade the number of Sigils you use on a Shiki at any time.
So you could technically solidify a bond with a Shiki 1 Sigil at the start, and then offer them a second Sigil 5 minutes later.
You can't decrease or regain Sigils however, so I suggest being a bit careful with them.
Theoretically speaking, it's possible for a Shiki to go off and wipe a city off the face of the planet... and if the Occultist has no more Sigils left there's no way of commanding them to stop. I doubt players would actually do this, but trust is required from both sides, and considering the setup... there's no telling what an upset Shiki could do xD

I'll be making a final decision on the Sigils today, since today is the last day for any significant changes.
I'll post the final update in a new post. Once it's been decided

Leki

Announcement
As mentioned above, I've been working on a few significant tweaks in the first post.
The changes can be read in full there, but to summarize...

- All Occultists start with 5 Sigils and they can be used as quickly or as progressionaly as people want.
- A Shiki's max level is 9, and all 9 levels are now attained through Sigils.
- Occultists can regain Sigils by developing a positive relationship with their Shiki. (Max 3)
- Maintaining a bond can now be done with physical contact instead of devouring something.
- Command Sigils have been removed and built in as a standard feature of a bond at no cost.
- Overcharge has been completely removed.

I've also made a significant change that wasn't mentioned in the first post (only implied).
When I originally designed this GRP I was pretty sure I'd be getting more far more Shiki's...
But since that doesn't seem to be happening, I've decided to allow Shiki's and Occultists to have multiple partners.
So in theory, Narrukai (My fish guy) could obtain level 9 immediately if he managed to convince Keita, Noel and Akira to give him three Sigils each. The downside to that... is that he needs to make physical contact with all three each day to maintain that level.  The contact doesn't need to be sexual (or kissing) but I'll be working that aspect in through the IC. Kissing still works though, and using it probably helps build the positive relationship aspect up.

But yeah, read the first post for clarification on the rest.
If you have any questions or objections in regards to the new system please let me know.
And any other issues you have of course. I'll be sending PM's out shortly for the second part of the Character Sheets.

Alistair Leonhart

Oh, these changes are interesting. 5 Sigils, you're encouraged to keep at least 1 (likely because going ham on them seals and giving too much power to the Shiki could end up... not very well if you haven't built a proper bond with them), physical contact in order to retain a bond while both parties agree to it, Commands are not dependent on Sigils but could put a dent on the relationship, and multiple partners for Shikis... I like the changes so far! Gonna work on that sheet now, luckily I already answered a lot of what's needed in the original one, just gotta tweak a couple things~

Edit: Also, maybe it would help if the title of the Interest Check was edited as "BakemonoShiki [Interest Check] (Shikis Needed)" or something like that? Same could be said about female characters since we're also lacking in those, but it's just a thing that came to mind since I see it a lot during these recruitment threads.

Leki

Haha, glad to hear that someone likes the changes.
I figured the Overcharge and Command Sigils needed an overhaul since I'm pretty sure they'd never be relevant.
Thanks for the summary too xD

I've added the Females Wanted part...
But I doubt it'll make a difference,
I mean almost every roleplay I've ever seen would love more females xD
Not too bad on the Shiki count though since we've got 3 Occultists and 4 Shiki at the moment.
A few more on either side would be great though (especially females).

Additionally!
I've completed my actual character for the roleplay xD
And I'll get started on putting together the Information/Character Thread later today.
You can still post and edit your characters in this thread, but it's probably best to send it to me through PM as well.

But yeah, figured a completed sheet would help people get a better idea of what's expected.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=282834.0

Alistair Leonhart

There we go, sheet completed~ Lemme know if I have to change anything, I just woke up and got to work on it so a lotta stuff can be half-assed lol

SweetSerenade

And I completed my sheet as well I am very interested in seeing what else pops up. As of right now, with the exception of Non-Con, I don't happen to see anyone of interest for Noel. xD But that's ok, my characters tend to have that going on most of the time anyway. xD I'm more interested in the way human-shiki interrelations will go on, and how everyone interacts as a whole. :3