Fableshore [A Urban Dark Fairy Tale Game] .:Interest Check! LGBTQA+

Started by Dhampyress, January 24, 2018, 04:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strangeflower

I'd just want to say that I'd be very interested in joining this.

I'm not sure what character concept I'll use but I've been looking at Grimm's and HC Andersen, but not sure about the direction yet.

However I'm quite sure my character will be a trans person.

Chaosfox

Been kind of lurking and watching this.  Would love to join in.  Character wise not  100% what I would do so many options t o be considered and  a few ideas rolling around my head.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Dhampyress

Quote from: strangeflower on January 26, 2018, 07:05:34 AM
I'd just want to say that I'd be very interested in joining this.

I'm not sure what character concept I'll use but I've been looking at Grimm's and HC Andersen, but not sure about the direction yet.

However I'm quite sure my character will be a trans person.

Quote from: Chaosfox on January 26, 2018, 07:13:44 AM
Been kind of lurking and watching this.  Would love to join in.  Character wise not  100% what I would do so many options t o be considered and  a few ideas rolling around my head.

We'd love to have you both! ^^ Looking forward to whatever character concepts you both come up with.

Crash

Going to use Vic’s Kerekes and Ola Pushkina for face claims.

Blissy- Fableshore is a full City not a small town correct?  Would it be too much to ask to change that green color on the character sheet?  I am having trouble reading it.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Dhampyress

Quote from: Crash on January 26, 2018, 08:10:39 AM
Going to use Vic’s Kerekes and Ola Pushkina for face claims.

Blissy- Fableshore is a full City not a small town correct?  Would it be too much to ask to change that green color on the character sheet?  I am having trouble reading it.

It is a city, yes. And not at all. It is kind of bright and uneasy on the eyes. I'll adjust the hue.

Crash

Quote from: Blissy on January 26, 2018, 08:43:31 AM
It is a city, yes. And not at all. It is kind of bright and uneasy on the eyes. I'll adjust the hue.

My eyes thank you. ;)

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Crash

So does all magic have to be tonics?  I was going to do something with Alice where the more mesmerizing or sensory something is the more reality around her gets warped.  If she is just wandering around or drinking no big deal.  If she is at a Rave some seriously wacky shit starts happening.  Basically causing confusion and hallucinations and such in her general vicinity.  She doesn’t have much control over this.

Dhampyress

Quote from: Crash on January 26, 2018, 08:57:10 AM
So does all magic have to be tonics?  I was going to do something with Alice where the more mesmerizing or sensory something is the more reality around her gets warped.  If she is just wandering around or drinking no big deal.  If she is at a Rave some seriously wacky shit starts happening.  Basically causing confusion and hallucinations and such in her general vicinity.  She doesn’t have much control over this.

No. Tonics would just be a common form of magic that's a frequent practice among Mysts. Magic is not entirely limited to this. And in regards to this ability you want to give Alice, I think it's fitting and very interesting.

Crash

Quote from: Blissy on January 26, 2018, 09:03:02 AM
No. Tonics would just be a common form of magic that's a frequent practice among Mysts. Magic is not entirely limited to this. And in regards to this ability you want to give Alice, I think it's fitting and very interesting.

Cool.  People would obviously be able to choose how much it effects them if at all.  Maybe their drink starts floating or hair changes color or whatever they want

Dhampyress

Quote from: Crash on January 26, 2018, 09:04:34 AM
Cool.  People would obviously be able to choose how much it effects them if at all.  Maybe their drink starts floating or hair changes color or whatever they want

Exactly what I was thinking! ^^

strangeflower

QuoteThe game's general concept would work from a post-cataclysmic event that has set our characters in a new land, the realms in whence they came being unreachable.

This and after reading the sample character I have a question: Do the characters know of their past in the reals of fairy tales or are they sort of like the inhabitants in the beginning of Once Upon a Time?

I have a few ideas for characters but they will be narrowed down considerably with the answer to the above question :D

Crash

strangeflower

I actually think I'll retire my interest in this. While I do love the concept very much, I'm just having too hard a time making up my mind about what kind of character I want to play. That usually means that whatever character I end up making I won't be that interested in playing it.

I will however lurk around and if I have an epiphany I'll get back to you all.

Good luck with the game.

Crash

Quote from: strangeflower on January 26, 2018, 01:59:00 PM
I actually think I'll retire my interest in this. While I do love the concept very much, I'm just having too hard a time making up my mind about what kind of character I want to play. That usually means that whatever character I end up making I won't be that interested in playing it.

I will however lurk around and if I have an epiphany I'll get back to you all.

Good luck with the game.
m

That’s to bad Strange.  I was hoping to see you in game.  I plan on making both Alice and Cheshire Cat if you think of a character that might want to run into them or have a background tie in let me know.

Dhampyress

@strangeflower: Unfortunate to hear, but certainly understand. Best of luck with your other games.

Although, I did want to take a moment to reflect on a good question your asked prior to stepping off interest. I'm hoping it might be able to answer the question to others as well.

Quote from: strangeflower on January 26, 2018, 12:50:59 PM
This and after reading the sample character I have a question: Do the characters know of their past in the reals of fairy tales or are they sort of like the inhabitants in the beginning of Once Upon a Time

That's entirely up to the player to decide. It's not mandatory for a character to suffer amnesia, but certainly a viable element to include in a characters back story, if one may so choose.

And on a different subject, Crash has sent me his profile and it has been accepted!

Crash

Played By: Crash
Name: Alice (Just Alice or Aly)
Face Claim/Play-By: Ola Pushkina
Alias/Nick name's: Aly
Age Apperance: Late teens early 20's
Height: 5' 4"
Ethnicity: Mutt
Sexuality: Pansexual
Affiliation: None
Bio:

Personality:

Talkative: Alice will talk to anyone about anything though he favorite subjects are metaphysical in nature and can be confusing to others. She has no sense of etiquette or decorum in speaking with others and assumes everyone is as willing to converse as she is.

Friendly:  Alice almost always has a smile on her face.  She is open and honest and easy going.  She is always willing to help others and will give her last penny to a person in need.  She is a likable person even when talking about things that only make vague sense.

Naive:  Alice doesn’t come from The City.  She is a country girl in the big city, which is apparent to anyone that sees her.  She walks around in wide-eyed wonder at all of the sights and is always comparing things in the city to things “back home.”

Hedonistic:  Alice always has some for on mind altering substance on her.  No one knows where she gets it or how she can afford it, but she is never without and is happy to share with others. The pills always have strange names and effects, but they are always enjoyable until the inevitable crash.

Confusing:  Alice has strange theories about everything.  She isn’t exactly a conspiracy theorist and does not sound paranoid.  She just believes in some strange shit.  Ghosts?  Yep.  Bigfoot? Saw one.  Chupacabra?  Why not?  Aliens?  Dude. Don’t be ridiculous. Not all us hicks believe that shit.

Background:

Alice is new in town. Few know her; no-one knows where she’s from. She seems to be a drifter of the backpacking sort, wandering downtown in a windbreaker and wool hat, rubbernecking the glowing neon and jumbo screen, riddled with amazement. Buy Alice a cheap burger and she is happy to talk without taking a breath. She will share her delirious metaphysical theories with you, adamant that there is something essentially wrong with this Babylon you live in. She’ll tell you that everything here looks absolutely mad to her, that where she comes from, things are a lot more ‘normal’ and ‘down to earth.’ Reticent to say exactly where that is, she won’t say much beyond ‘outside the City’ or ‘in the country’.

Some of the things she says make sense, because downtown is pretty crazy. But don’t follow her nor take any recreational substances she offers you. If she’s in the zone and wanders into a live music event at the plaza or a nightclub, or any other audio-visual display that will mesmerize her, you will find out the exact meaning of “When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.”

Alice simply wandered into the Rabbit Hole one night after chatting up a nice fellow on the bus.  She prefers cabaret and swing nights at  to the nightly performances or jazz, blues and torchsong, but there is no end of interesting individuals for her to chat up and they can do the most amazing things so she keeps coming back apparently just wandering off the street when she finds herself nearby or taking a night off from other more “transcendent” experiences.

Distinguishing Features:

Special Qualities:

- Warp reality: Alice has no real control over her ability and in all honesty she doesn’t really understand that the strange things that happen in around and to her are her own doing.  She has come up with dozens of bizarre theories as to what is happening and if you talk to her for too long that may even start to makes sense.  This ability can enlarge or shrink things, confuse people, make up seem like down and down seem like up.  It can disorient or stimulate and it can cause hallucinations.  To Alice it just seems like a really good (or bad) trip but it is really happening around her and to the people in her vicinity.  The more mind altering or spiritual an experience is to her the greater affect her power has. A side effect of this power is that she always has little pills in her pockets that can give her a wicked great high.  The pills work on others too, but they get one hellacious crash and a wicked hang-over the next day.
-Navigation: Alice hardly ever gets lost.  She has traveled quite a bit since leaving home and learned how to somewhat navigate her own warped reality.  It makes it really hard to turn her around or follow her when she does want to be followed.  As long as she has one reference point she can figure out where she is if she has a map or as been to her destination before.
-Streetwise: Alice isn’t street smart, but she knows how to find an underground club or party or rave.  Maybe it is her naïvety, open face or the fact that back home she was the one coordinating them.  It doesn’t matter.  She knows where to go for a good time.

Would you like to bring a small business and or/and an 'affiliation' into the game? Yes

List name of business and affiliation, if any: The Rabbit Hole Speakeasy

The Rabbit Hole is a small speakeasy style night club with a distinct noir feel to it, though the eras seem to very from the 1920's to 1950's in fashion and music choices.It is run by its proprietrix Chelsey Kocka (Cheshire Cat).  The Rabbit Hole appears comfy it a bit cramped no matter how many people are in it.  It had a loyal clientel and is gaining in popularity which is both good and bad in Chelsey's mind.  She isn't looking to gain Sinderella's attention and jeopardize her ownership or her clubs existence because Sinder feels she is competition.

The Rabbit Hole is located in the basement of an old building downtown.  You can either enter through a set of stairs along the front of the building or from the alley on the side.  Either door has a bouncer. There is a long bar covering one side of the main room and a stage that has nightly jazz, blues and torchsong acts.  Once a week the Rabbit Hole has a swing or cabaret night.

The back room is an illegal gambling den.  You have to be invited by either Chelsey herself or be vouched for by someone she trusts in order to gain access to the room.  The card games are not affiliated with the Rabbit Hole. Chelsey just takes a cut of the winnings for providing a place to play as well as making money off of all of the drinks the players consume. 

There is a glamour on the Rabbit Hole that makes all patrons appear to be dressed in some form of noir fashion be it 1920's through the 1950's or even Neon Noir of the 1980's and futuristic noir styles.

Bekah Boo

Lingo

Hi friends :)

I have some free time and muse to write so please count me as interested and watching this thread!!

Crash

I still need to write up Cheshire Cat too but I was waiting to see if we got more interest.  Sandbox games usually need  a number of really dedicated players to work in order to survive the inevitable attrition of group games.

Dhampyress

@ Lingo & Bekah: Hey you two! I'd love to have you both in the game again.

So far I've received two profiles and a lot of wonderful inquiries within the subject of character building! Can't wait to see the rest.

Bekah Boo

Yay!!
I guess I can’t resist a Blissy run game any day ;3
Would you prefer the character profile sent to you or posted here?

Crash

Quote from: Bekah Boo on January 28, 2018, 09:51:03 PM
Yay!!
I guess I can’t resist a Blissy run game any day ;3
Would you prefer the character profile sent to you or posted here?

Blissy wanted them sent to her then posted here on approval if you wanted to share.

Bekah Boo

Quote from: Crash on January 28, 2018, 09:54:07 PM
Blissy wanted them sent to her then posted here on approval if you wanted to share.

Gotcha,
Thanks Crash ;3

Crash

BentonKjarn

Hi all,
I submitted and Blissy accepted the below character sheet for my former corrupt cop version of the Huntsman.  If any the nascent crime lords of Fableshores are in the mood for it, I would love to play out his betrayal of the "Evil Queen" as part of our game.  It does not have to be directly from the books, but I see something like this:  a Fableshores kingpin type marries herself into legit money, into the upscale side of the 'Shores.  All is well until she finds out her dying husband is still intending to leave his legit fortune to the daughter that he treasures, from his previous marriage.  This evil step mother sends Cal to kill the girl, but he is unable to, because he has never pulled the trigger on a civilian who is not in the game.  He fakes the girl's death instead.  The good man dies, and just before the evil step mother can collect, the daughter steps forward to claim her fortune, leaving the kingpin nothing for her effort except a burning desire for revenge on a man who is very hard to kill.  (Depending on how sadistic the kingpin herself is, torture of a man who heals like he can could be very interesting.)  If nobody is interested in this bit of plot, than I will simply move it into his backstory, and the game can play out as normal.  Please PM me if this kind of thing could interest you. 

Played By: BentonKjarn
Name: Callum Chase
Face Claim/Play-By: Jon Hamm
Alias/Nick name's: Cal or Chaser
Age Apperance: Mid-forties
Height: 6'2"
Ethnicity: White, no accent
Sexuality: Pansexual, Voracious
Affiliation: Unafiliated
Bio:

Cal Chase's first few years in the Fableshores police department were marked by little except how average they were.  He was not a high achiever, he hated the uniform, and most of all he hated making nothing while the people he had grown up with on the streets of Fableshores had turned into kingpins of the local drug trade.  A chance question had brought Cal to the notice of a lieutenant of the Gang Enforcement taskforce for the city. Cal had an encyclopedic knowledge of the drug trade and the players, he had grown up in the Shores projects himself, and he still played "touch" football on Sundays with a crew that had grown up with him in the Shores' Northwest Projects.  The Lieutenant had transferred the officer to the Gang unit, and a street monster had been born. His old mates fed him a steady stream of arrests, arrests that made him out to look like Captain America to his superiors, and soon he had his own unit on the task force.  Cal and his men lived by two rules.  1) The boys in blue were the biggest and baddest gang on the streets.  2) The Northwest Shores crew was untouchable.  Complaints of excessive force, disappearances, intimidation, abuse of power, they all fell through the cracks, because Cal and his men seized tons of drugs and warehouses full of cash.

In no time the Northwest crew was the only game left in town, and the big arrests started to dry up.  Political pressure started to come down from the Mayor's office and the City Council to come down on the Northwest Crew.  Cal had casually answered the political pressure with glimpses inside of another world he had come to know intimately.  The city's rampant corruption.  He had evidence on everybody. If anyone tried to move on him or his men, he would release it.  The standoff lasted until a group of reporters from the newspaper finally broke the story of the corrupt cop and his connections to the city's biggest drug connection.  His men had been sent to jail, but Cal himself had leveraged his files into getting a walk, something about the local judge's affection for cheerleaders.  High school cheerleaders.  Stripped of his pension, he is back in a rathole apartment in the Northwest.  Without Cal as their Fairy Godmother, his old Northwest crew had gone to jail as well, leaving Cal with more enemies than he could count, very few friends, but more contacts than anyone else.  If it is worth knowing about on the streets of Fableshores, Cal knows it.  Knowledge is the only thing keeping him alive.  Cal put word out on the street that if anything ever happened to him, he has it set so that the same reporters that took him down would get every scrap of info he possessed.

These days he operates as an occasional enforcer, but mostly as a bounty hunter or private detective.  He has an elaborate network of informants, but no friends.  The only thing he has retained beyond that from his former life is his attachment to fine, custom cut suits and heavy firepower.  Back in his police days he had always insisted he was the first one through any door, and as result, he has been shot, stabbed or injured more than any cop in the history of the department, but always, no matter how severe the injury, he seems to bounce back.

Distinguishing Features: His body is heavily laden with scars.  He always has a five o clock shadow, to cover the time a junkie with a razor blade slit his throat while he was on stake out.  He has three through and through bullet hole scars in his upper chest and torso, as well his back is a mess from a shotgun blast of that took him in the back.  The cuts and stab wounds that adorn the rest of his flesh all seem kind of minor compared to the bullet wounds.

Special Qualities:

-Heightened resiliency as a result of an accelerated healing factor.  Not to the point of immortality, it can be overcome with enough damage, and his body will not knit itself together in front of someone's eyes, but wounds that would kill another man, he spends a few days in bed and he bounces right back from them.  After taking the shotgun blast in the back, his team had wanted to start calling him "Unkillable Cal", but he had squashed that noise immediately.

-Relentless focus and bulldog intensity,  Once he gets a problem stuck in his craw, he does not stop, he will not sleep, he will attack the problem, worry it, until he figures out how to fix it.

-Expertise with firearms.  One other outlet for his ill gotten gains from the police day is his armament.  He has a small fortune in Glocks, H and K submachine guns, shotguns, and several AR-15 fully automatic assault rifles.  The jewel of the collection is .50 caliber Barrett Model 82.

Would you like to bring a small business and or/and an 'affiliation' into the game? [Y]

List name of business and affiliation, if any: Chaser Investigations Chaser Investigations Your basic private eye office from any film noir.  The office is just a place for Callum to go when he is not at home or on the street working a case.  First time client meetings always happen here.

1#<a href=https://img2.goodfon.ru/original/1600x900/1/d4/office-ofis-detektiv.jpg> Interior