Trump

Started by Vekseid, February 01, 2017, 02:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sara Nilsson

https://wokesloth.com/trump-cheat-sheet/jake/

Trumps cheat sheet is.. embarrassing. Almost as bad as the 45 cufflinks.
Someone please tell me that is a joke.. please

DominantPoet

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on February 21, 2018, 11:33:41 PM

Unreal. I hope whoever had to write that up for him was shaking their head their entire time and trying their hardest not to just say "fuck this" and quit on the spot.

Course, then again, maybe Huckabee wrote it, and we all know she has no soul, so.

I can't even fathom how one can walk into a room of people who have been through what they have and not have their heart break, I really can't.

The cufflinks don't surprise me, I'm actually surprised they aren't worse. I would honestly have expected them to say something like "Trump is Great" or "Best Pres Ever".

Oniya

Quote from: DominantPoet on February 22, 2018, 01:32:34 AM
Unreal. I hope whoever had to write that up for him was shaking their head their entire time and trying their hardest not to just say "fuck this" and quit on the spot.

Second page of the link posts a comparison shot of some of Ivanka's writing.  It's kinda similar, but she's got two different ways of writing her 'g's (a normal 'hook' like you see in a typical font, and an upward-curving hook as if you dropped something along the stem of the g and it bounced to the left), so I don't know how representative the samples were.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Aiden

How people are still shocked and surprised that Trump needs to be coached to be a decent human being, baffles me.

He is a child, he acts like a child and we (the people) are the bigger idiots for putting him in office.

Various

Quote from: DominantPoet on February 22, 2018, 01:32:34 AM

Course, then again, maybe Huckabee wrote it, and we all know she has no soul, so.

I can't even fathom how one can walk into a room of people who have been through what they have and not have their heart break, I really can't.

The cufflinks don't surprise me, I'm actually surprised they aren't worse. I would honestly have expected them to say something like "Trump is Great" or "Best Pres Ever".

He's a Narcissistic Sociopath. There, mystery solved.
[tr]
[td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

DominantPoet

Quote from: Various on February 22, 2018, 11:58:42 AM
He's a Narcissistic Sociopath. There, mystery solved.

Never said it was a mystery.

I'm very well aware of the fact he's a man-child and a narcissistic sociopath, among many other things.

Mithlomwen

Quote from: Aiden on February 22, 2018, 10:05:08 AM
He is a child, he acts like a child and we (the people) are the bigger idiots for putting him in office.

(Please keep in mind this is said mostly tongue in cheek, but mostly serious.)

Actually, that's kind of an insult to children.  All of the kids I know are better human beings than he will ever be. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Oniya

I think the surprise is more that he had to take the sheet with him instead of memorizing it in the Mar-A-Lago penthouse suite like a normal billionaire.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

PrestaDGTation

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on February 21, 2018, 11:33:41 PM

Pahahahaaaaaa!! 

Sorry.  That's so incredibly bad it came full circle for me.

You know the funny thing about Trump for me?  It's that he's not just a blithering moron. There's some part if him that understands how outrage works, and how to utilize it. As you'd expect from any realtiy TV Star.

In this case, let's use Occum's Razor on the cheat sheet. Which is more believable?

A) Trump is so stupid, so heartless, and so inflammatory that his own staff, at the White House, hand wrote him a guide to feigning humanity for him to hold onto in the press room, handily forgetting that the press would freaking see him holding it.

..or..

B) Trump is counting on this shot of his cheat sheet to go viral, knowing that his base will take it as 'oh, good!  He doesn't care about gun reform, he's just funning with them!' while CNN will go bananas over 'our stupid manchild of a world leader.' Political points: scored. Liberals: pissed, as usual. Status quo: maintained.

I worry too many people are busy calling him a dumbass and not enough time considering the possibility that he's playing everyone.
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

Oniya

Occam's Razor:

1) He really is that dumb
2) He is actually a Lex Luthor level genius and is only pretending to be that dumb.  (And ran for President to piss off Superman.)

Norwegian One

Quote from: Oniya on February 22, 2018, 12:46:01 PM
Occam's Razor:

1) He really is that dumb
2) He is actually a Lex Luthor level genius and is only pretending to be that dumb.  (And ran for President to piss off Superman.)

I'm more inclined to go with this viewpoint. Trump really is a moron.
Ons and Offs - Picture plots - Cravings - Activity and general chat - Bookmark for activity log and updates on my posting speed
Currently not available for new RPs, random PMs still encouraged! Also, feel free to check out my threads. Feedback is always welcome! - Current response time:  Within 1 week.

TheGlyphstone

Yeah. Occam's Razor here definitely leans to 'is actually that dumb'. The Machiavellian scheming Trump is, by definition, not the simplest answer.

Various

In a bit of hypocrisy that will surprise only those in a coma for the past couple years, Trump is whining about family reunification*, where those already here bring along their spouses, kids, parents etc. later, while he and his family have already reaped its benefits. Not only is that how the Trump's ancestors got here from Germany (and really this is true for many people whose ancestors didn't cross the Bering Straight), the third wife and First Lady also in all likelihood got her parents over here as legal residents the exact same way. The difference is of course that they're related to a Trump and are not brown. Also, on a side note all four of his anchor babies (Don the Con's children by Ivana and the son of his current wife were all born in the US to a non-citizen mother and an (allegedly) citizen father**) benefited from current policy and practice.

*When the "very good people on both sides" goosestep with their torches about chain migration, this is what they mean.
** Donald Trump was actually born in Kallstadt if you've read his real birth certificate.
[tr]
[td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

DominantPoet

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/01/politics/trump-guns-meeting-analysis/index.html

I honestly don't know how people in his general vicinity when he's speaking don't have their brains liquify into mush randomly, but anyways!!

My personal favorite is #25 -

25. "Texas, as an example, is very much as to what I'm saying."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sara Nilsson

https://nypost.com/2018/03/02/icahn-dumped-31m-in-steel-linked-stock-ahead-of-tariff-announcement/

QuoteNew York billionaire Carl Icahn, a longtime ally of President Trump who briefly served in the administration, sold $31 million in stock in a company that depends on steel just weeks before the president announced steep tariffs on imported steel, a new report said Friday.

Nothing to see here, just a really lucky guess. Not insider info at all. No Sireeeee

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on March 02, 2018, 04:38:28 PM
https://nypost.com/2018/03/02/icahn-dumped-31m-in-steel-linked-stock-ahead-of-tariff-announcement/

Nothing to see here, just a really lucky guess. Not insider info at all. No Sireeeee

Let’s be honest those tariffs were on the Cheetos list for a while. Doesn’t take a genius to know he’d do it and after his wonderful threats for months.. it was going to happen.

That being said Icahn did leave under the shadow of using his White House contacts to cover his ass

Sara Nilsson

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/03/politics/trump-maralago-remarks/index.html

QuoteIn the closed-door remarks, a recording of which was obtained by CNN, Trump also praised China's President Xi Jinping for recently consolidating power and extending his potential tenure, musing he wouldn't mind making such a maneuver himself.
"He's now president for life. President for life. And he's great," Trump said. "And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great. Maybe we'll give that a shot some day."

TheGlyphstone

Arianna

Please, please tell me I am not missing any possible loophole where he could EVER do that?

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Arianna on March 03, 2018, 06:39:55 PM
Please, please tell me I am not missing any possible loophole where he could EVER do that?

All it would take is repealing the 22nd Amendment.

Oniya

There's one other way, but he wouldn't like what it required.  >_>  JFK and FDR both managed it.

Arianna

*sighs* Yes, but for that, he would need two-thirds of both houses. He can't do it alone.
I mean... even Republicans know by know he is the worst president in US history, right?

Or... am I being too naive?

Oniya

I think amendments also still have to be ratified by a certain number of states as well.  (And it would take a new amendment to repeal the 22nd, just like the way we handled Prohibition.)

Sara Nilsson

QuoteHow is the Constitution amended?
Article V of the Constitution prescribes how an amendment can become a part of the Constitution. While there are two ways, only one has ever been used. All 27 Amendments have been ratified after two-thirds of the House and Senate approve of the proposal and send it to the states for a vote. Then, three-fourths of the states must affirm the proposed Amendment.

The other method of passing an amendment requires a Constitutional Convention to be called by two-thirds of the legislatures of the States. That Convention can propose as many amendments as it deems necessary. Those amendments must be approved by three-fourths of the states.

Sara Nilsson