Seeking my muse (F wanted for story of an Artist and his model)

Started by Coreli, January 07, 2020, 06:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coreli

This was an old theme that was never completed, but I still think it has so much potential. Take a look at the intro below and let me know if interested.

Giovanni Colonne, or Gino as he was known, arrived in Florence with little more than a sketchbook and the clothes on his back. He was like so many young artists that moved to Tuscany at the turn of the century, each with a hunger for their art, and each with aspirations of mastering their craft. Fortunately for Gino, he soon found success on the streets, and over time had elevated himself as a force to be reckoned with.

While not internationally known, he was well respected in the right circles and had a loyal following of patrons and collectors. This gave him the opportunity to purchase a studio near the markets, where he could spend his days and nights painting the world around him. It also gave him the needed funds to pay for supplies and models - something not every artist could afford.

Gino was liked by most men, and adored by women, but outside of the occasional women he shared his bed with, stayed clear of any worthwhile relationships. His art was his passion, and everything else was simply a distraction. That's not to say he did not adore women and their company, he did, but it was rare that one could capture his imagination enough to pull him from his work.

Recently, he had begun work on a large commission but had struggled to find the right inspiration. He had a vision in his head but knew that there was something missing. He had several models sit for him in recent weeks, but none moved him, and for the first time, his canvases remained empty.