News:

Main Menu

Real Steel

Started by Sabby, October 10, 2011, 11:11:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

That's... wow. I have no idea where I stand on this. On one hand, this is a perfect example of Hollywood just plain running out of steam and giving zero fucks with what they put together. On the other hand, I watch this trailer, and I get excited to see it. This is a good thing for a trailer.

Real Steel Trailer

Brandon

I dont remember where I heard it but someone said that trailers are the movies that the directors wish they made, thats why its usually good and movie is far less so.

For what its worth I went to see Real steel with one of my girlfriends over the weekend and its ok. Not awesome but at least worth the price of admission (which is a lot more then I can say for most American movies) and really I think its just because the people making the movie actually gave a damn unlike most debacles (i.e. Green lantern)
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Belle33

I loved this movie.  It's a familiar story of redemption set in a future that doesn't seem terribly far fetched.  The movie is perfectly cast, the robots have more character than anything Transformers achieved, and it was just fun to watch.  I think this film was everything a family film should be. 

The trailers don't do it justice...check it out and I doubt you'll be sorry you did.

Ons/Offs, Stories & Poems, Currently Not Available for RP

Shjade

Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Anyalyss

Quote from: Shjade on October 10, 2011, 03:31:35 PM
I'll just leave this here.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/4777-Real-Steel

I watched it with my SO and that pretty much sums it up, it's a good little family movie, I guess that the movie "puts up a good fight" :-)
O&O's    A&A's

Jag

Quote from: Brandon on October 10, 2011, 11:40:48 AM
Not awesome but at least worth the price of admission...

Any movie where Hugh Jackman is shirtless for at least ten seconds is worth the price of admission. *nods*

Seriously though, it was a good movie. I enjoyed it and will probably get the DVD when it comes out (if just for the chance at extras involving the robots).
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

fancyfictions

Quote from: Michi No Sora on October 11, 2011, 07:42:11 AM
Any movie where Hugh Jackman is shirtless for at least ten seconds is worth the price of admission. *nods*

Seriously though, it was a good movie. I enjoyed it and will probably get the DVD when it comes out (if just for the chance at extras involving the robots).

Haha! So so true. A shirtless Hugh Jackman makes for a very happy moviegoer. I enjoyed the movie more than I thought I would. I even got a little teary. I'm glad that the movie turned out to be more than just a flick about robot battles. If I wanted to see that i'd just watch Junkyard Wars or something like that.
Fancy's Fancies|

“Fiction is life with the dull bits left out”- Clive James