How much does the Daily Mail hate you?

Started by Kythia, October 05, 2013, 08:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kythia

Find out here

I'm "hated" by the way.  Female, look a bit like I might be a Muslim, don't think it was all better in the old days, not married.

Any here make it all the way up to the dizzying heights of approval that is "ignored"

Oniya

I had to look up who Michael Gove was, and with that answer I was 'Hated'.  (Creationist schools?  Noplzthxbai.)

Female, neither parent born in the UK (being a fourth generation American), no job, and no Michael Gove.

I take it once you've answered a question 'wrong', there's no way to build your level back up?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Kythia

Quote from: Oniya on October 05, 2013, 08:44:18 PM
I take it once you've answered a question 'wrong', there's no way to build your level back up?

Gods no.  The Daily Mail is some sissy pinko "give them a second chance" type of Pravda wannabe.  Once you're hated then you damn well stay hated.

Oniya

Ah - I wasn't sure if being a married female and having no job might take me back up a level because I'm supposed to be in the kitchen making sammiches instead of working.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

gaggedLouise

They must hate me - non-English, almost defiantly anti-tabloids, and "no real man/woman" by their standards. But I regard them as a crass paper, so we get even.  ;D

Quote from: Oniya on October 05, 2013, 08:57:40 PM
Ah - I wasn't sure if being a married female and having no job might take me back up a level because I'm supposed to be in the kitchen making sammiches instead of working.

They'd say you should be working in somebody else's kitchen. An upper-class kitchen.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Kythia

Quote from: Oniya on October 05, 2013, 08:57:40 PM

Well, your clearly either not making a sufficient number of sammiches or not taking the appropriate amount of time and putting in the requisite care to making them.  If you were, you wouldn't have time to take quizzes on the internet.

Frankly, using the internet without Mr Oniya's supervision might have been enough to get you hated.

Oniya

I'm a very efficient sammich-maker.  If you make too many, they don't get et.

And who says that I'm not standing in the kitchen right now, rolling out dough for Cornish pasties?  Voice-to-text software is an amazing thing, you know.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Oniya on October 05, 2013, 09:09:12 PM
I'm a very efficient sammich-maker.  If you make too many, they don't get et.

And who says that I'm not standing in the kitchen right now, rolling out dough for Cornish pasties?  Voice-to-text software is an amazing thing, you know.

It ain't real if yer not in Cornwall.

Oniya

Quote from: gaggedLouise on October 05, 2013, 09:12:54 PM
It ain't real if yer not in Cornwall.

I'll grant you that - I mostly threw in Cornish because I didn't want people to think I was rolling out dough to make these

Beguile's Mistress

I have achieved "hated" and in retaliation I don't care.  In fact, I'm so indifferent to the Daily Mail and its opinion of anything that if they ceased publishing I wouldn't notice.

*smiles*

Oniya

Without the handicap of being honest, it only took me one retry to get 'ignored'.

I had to answer the questions as follows:

Male
Heterosexual
Not even vaguely Muslim-looking
Employed
Think it was better in the old days
married
Pure UK lineage
like Michael Gove
Never voted Labour
Never had pre-marital sex
Don't like wind farms
Never worked for the BBC
God save the Queen!

Kythia

I'm curious, which was the one you got "wrong" on your first try?  I got "ignored" on my first dishonest attempt, and I'm wondering which British reference didn't translate well enough to let you guess the "correct" answer.

gaggedLouise

They should have included the questions "Do you want the death penalty back?" and "Do you think know that forensic psychologists are schmucks?". That would have widened the intake even more.

Oniya

The answers I got wrong were all on my honest try.  One of those was the only one I had to look up - Michael Gove.  Since it was all 'two-choice' questions, I hit number 8 before I had to do any real thinking to get 'ignored', and most of those were easy to guess just from what I've read from the Daily Mail.  (I actually would have gotten three of those right while being honest - I've never voted Labour, unless voting Democrat counts; I've never worked for the BBC, and I have no reason not to like the Queen.)

Kythia

Ah, sorry I misread.  One retry after your honest one, not one retry of the dishonest one.

If I'd've got far enough:

Have a job
Kinda sorta maybe pure UK lineage.
Never voted labour
Never worked for the BBC
God save the Queen.

Oniya

Quote from: Kythia on October 05, 2013, 09:40:05 PM
Ah, sorry I misread.  One retry after your honest one, not one retry of the dishonest one.

I'm reasonably fluent in both British and Australian, although I read both better than I speak/write them.  ;)  I blame public television.

Blythe

I made it all the way to question 8 before I reached "Hated" status.  8-)

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Oniya on October 05, 2013, 09:16:39 PM
I'll grant you that - I mostly threw in Cornish because I didn't want people to think I was rolling out dough to make these.

I don't see what's wrong with edible pasties, myself. :D

I bombed out when I didn't know who Michael Gove is. Did good until it asked me if the 'old days' were better (I'm under 30, I have no 'old days'), married (see previous), if both my parents were born in UK (neither), and Michael Gove (who?). HATED.

Oniya

I figured I'd at least look up this Gove fellow to see whether I'd feel comfortable taking tea with him.  Answer:  One or the other of us would have ended up feeling uncomfortable, probably him after I smiled and poured the pot in his lap.

ToriJ

RainyHigh

Before I even answered questions I knew the daily mail hated me. But I answered five questions before it was redeemed that they do indeed hate me. Oh daily mail, silly you.
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Formless on October 07, 2013, 07:21:45 PM
I am hated ... plenty. ;D

I bet - would only have had to state your place of origin, if that had been among the questions.

Aleph

Quote from: Blythe on October 05, 2013, 10:52:33 PM
I made it all the way to question 8 before I reached "Hated" status.  8-)

I'm thrilled to say I only got a question further than you by dint of being married.

Quote from: Oniya
I'm reasonably fluent in both British and Australian, although I read both better than I speak/write them.  ;)  I blame public television.

How lovely to see Australian recognised as unique from other forms of English :) Dare I ask what public television you're seeing from Australia?

Being a left-wing half-Scot Aussie I only made it to about Q10.

Oniya

Quote from: Aleph on November 14, 2013, 04:50:29 AM
How lovely to see Australian recognised as unique from other forms of English :) Dare I ask what public television you're seeing from Australia?

Actually, no TV at all for the past year and a half - and I can't remember any specific shows off the top of my head (I think one was a documentary on poisonous animals, and more than half of the entries were from Down Under).