SHADOWRUN - Seattle 2070 (Semi-Freeform Game Now Recruiting!)

Started by LunarSage, December 31, 2012, 07:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Corvus

Quote from: Kuroneko on January 02, 2013, 09:17:20 PM
Most of it made it into my mouth ... most of it >.>

That sounds quite doable.  Are there any other details you want to work out?

And question, if our characters have substantial tattoos that they got well before gameplay started, do they still need to come out of the initial amount of Nguyen?

LOL... well, MOST of it ... ain't too bad, I suppose. :P

Nothing comes to mind as far as working other details, but if you have something in mind, I'm open to suggestions. :)

Yeah, tattoos will need to be accounted for out of the initial nuyen, I'm afraid.... unless Lunar decides differently later on. 

Speaking of. I'm glad you mentioned this because I think I neglected to deduct tattoo charges on my character sheet...

*EDIT*

Scratch that. Leave it for now, until I can talk it over with Lunar, since the tattoo pricing is rather vague. 50-1,000 is a big price range... and with no specification on how to determine the price of a small tat vs a large tat... just leave it for now.

If we decide to charge for tat's before game start later, Lunar can make the necessary edits.
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

TheGlyphstone

Since money is the only 'systemy' thing we're really keeping track of, will I need to pay any sort of premium for larger-than-normal clothing?

Michael Corvus

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 02, 2013, 09:33:49 PM
Since money is the only 'systemy' thing we're really keeping track of, will I need to pay any sort of premium for larger-than-normal clothing?

Good question.

No, just stick with the clothing prices as listed on the wiki.
The Oath of The Drake

Kuroneko

I actaully just went with 1000 as it's a full body thang ;), but if I didn't have to account for that - MORE AMMO!!!
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Cold Heritage

Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Michael Corvus

Quote from: Kuroneko on January 02, 2013, 09:37:43 PM
I actaully just went with 1000 as it's a full body thang ;), but if I didn't have to account for that - MORE AMMO!!!

LOL

Make sure you leave yourself some running money, now. :P
The Oath of The Drake

Cold Heritage

undisclosedtoyou

Can someone explain how skills work?  As in, how do you know what multiplier to put in front of something, and do you have a max number, before you just can't add anymore skills?
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Dhi

Quote from: Cold Heritage on January 02, 2013, 07:33:08 PM
I guess, sure. I don't really see my character as much beyond a street level thug/leg-breaker, though. He may or may not even speak English. Need to agonize more on downgrading a skill to purchase English fluency.
Lottie will be able to speak Russian, Icelandic, and English. It's possible we might have some shared history in Russian crime. Let me know if you want to collaborate!

TheGlyphstone

However many skill points you spend on the skill is your x? multiplier, and they can go up to 4 if I remember right. No points is 'untrained', x4 is 'best you can be'.

Cold Heritage

Quote from: Dhi on January 02, 2013, 09:43:30 PM
Lottie will be able to speak Russian, Icelandic, and English. It's possible we might have some shared history in Russian crime. Let me know if you want to collaborate!

It would be ideal if my character knew other people, I think. I am amenable to collaboration.

Kuroneko

Quote from: Michael Corvus on January 02, 2013, 09:41:55 PM
LOL

Make sure you leave yourself some running money, now. :P

Dude, I have just run my numbers for about the 20th time, and you'll be amazed at what I was able to give her for less than 90K lol.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 02, 2013, 09:44:29 PM
However many skill points you spend on the skill is your x? multiplier, and they can go up to 4 if I remember right. No points is 'untrained', x4 is 'best you can be'.

I think that makes sense.  I'll probably end up just putting down what skills I want her to have, and than have someone else help me with the multipliers. 

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Michael Corvus

Quote from: Cold Heritage on January 02, 2013, 09:42:29 PM
Is it just me, or are there no skillsofts?

correct, there are no skillsofts.

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on January 02, 2013, 09:42:50 PM
Can someone explain how skills work?  As in, how do you know what multiplier to put in front of something, and do you have a max number, before you just can't add anymore skills?

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 02, 2013, 09:44:29 PM

Glyph is correct. Like Attributes, Skills can go up to x4. If you spend 2 points on Firearms, then your Firearms skill is X2, 3 points and Firearms is X3, and so on and so forth.

Quote from: Kuroneko on January 02, 2013, 09:52:07 PM
Dude, I have just run my numbers for about the 20th time, and you'll be amazed at what I was able to give her for less than 90K lol.

Hehe... I look forward to seeing what you've got.
The Oath of The Drake

undisclosedtoyou

I know for a fact this was asked before, but are we confined to only using the skills in the wiki?  Are there other skills we could use?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Ciosa

I believe they're willing to be flexible, if it specifically relates to concept - I have cybertech b/r, so I can repair malfunctioning cyber.  Send the GMs a PM with the skill and they'll make a deliberation.

Michael Corvus

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on January 02, 2013, 09:59:03 PM
I know for a fact this was asked before, but are we confined to only using the skills in the wiki?  Are there other skills we could use?

To quote Lunar's previous reply:

Quote from: LunarSage on January 02, 2013, 07:03:57 AM
The skills we have listed on the Wiki are all skills that would be useful to Shadowrunners in particular.  There will undoubtedly be skills that we just spaced on adding, so let us know what you have in mind and we can add them.  Forgery is a skill that we can add to the wiki, but singing, dancing, or anything like that wouldn't necessarily fall under skills that we need to add. 

That said, you can certainly take "Performance" as a skill if you would like.  The main thing we wanted to avoid as far as players not using things that aren't on the Wiki is gear from other books.  If it isn't gear, you can always ask... we may say no, but asking isn't a crime.

What skills did you have in mind?

The Oath of The Drake

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Ciosa on January 02, 2013, 10:00:48 PM
I believe they're willing to be flexible, if it specifically relates to concept - I have cybertech b/r, so I can repair malfunctioning cyber.  Send the GMs a PM with the skill and they'll make a deliberation.

Woo!

Quote from: Michael Corvus on January 02, 2013, 10:03:10 PM
What skills did you have in mind?

Thanks for requoting for me. :)

I didn't have anything in mind, per say.  I just saw that agility was used on a character sheet, and thought that it would work for mine to.  Athletics basically covers most of what I need, i.e climbing, running, maybe even flexibility.  Things like Grappling can go under the Unarmed skill.  My girl is a theif/catburgler type, I was just wondering if there was anything else I should focus on, skill wise.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Michael Corvus

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on January 02, 2013, 10:09:19 PM
Woo!

Thanks for requoting for me. :)

I didn't have anything in mind, per say.  I just saw that agility was used on a character sheet, and thought that it would work for mine to.  Athletics basically covers most of what I need, i.e climbing, running, maybe even flexibility.  Things like Grappling can go under the Unarmed skill.  My girl is a theif/catburgler type, I was just wondering if there was anything else I should focus on, skill wise.

There's already an Agile Attribute Descriptor. At the very top of the "From the Shadows" wiki page:

Physical Attribute Descriptors:

Strong
Agile
Tough

You can take this up to x4
The Oath of The Drake

Ciosa

Probably stating the obvious - Stealth.  I'm not sure if Stealth covers the breaking and entering part of B/E, so you might want to inquire if a Security skill of some kind is needed - most security is Matrix networked, now, so you might really require a hacker for any stealthy stealing jobs.  Stealth would probably be the core skill for the concept, along with athletics.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Michael Corvus on January 02, 2013, 10:14:39 PM
There's already an Agile Attribute Descriptor. At the very top of the "From the Shadows" wiki page:

Strong
Agile
Tough

Ha, I don't know how I missed this.  But thank you!

Quote from: Ciosa on January 02, 2013, 10:17:35 PM
Probably stating the obvious - Stealth.  I'm not sure if Stealth covers the breaking and entering part of B/E, so you might want to inquire if a Security skill of some kind is needed - most security is Matrix networked, now, so you might really require a hacker for any stealthy stealing jobs.  Stealth would probably be the core skill for the concept, along with athletics.

Mhm, I'm going to have my girl with a Stealth x4, via Lunar's suggestion.  Hmmm I didn't even think of the rest of that.  Hmmmmmph, I gotta think about that.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Kuroneko

Okay, bio sent *crosses fingers*  Hopefully, it all works out.  If not, just let me know what I need to do. :)

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Michael Corvus on January 02, 2013, 10:14:39 PM

Strong
Agile
Tough

Up to x2 without 'wares or being an Elf, right?

Cold Heritage

Here is something of a working concept.

Inna Zolnerowich was born in Kaminsky. He is the oldest of four brothers and two sisters. As a youth he was recruited to the cities by an unscrupulous man, and worked in a factory making commlinks for a Megacorp. When he was sixteen he ran away and joined the Russian Army, where he underwent daily, rigorous beatings and learned from crack drill instructors kernels of important wisdom such as 'point the gun at the other guy, you stupid *****!' In an ideal world, Inna might have sent his meagre pay back to his village and family, but this is not an ideal world and Inna spent all of his money himself. A less scrupulous soldier got Inna involved in Vory activity just a year after Inna signed up with the army, and the pair were generally responsible for falsifying supply shipment manifests, ensuring the desirable hardware fell off the backs of trucks, or were never loaded into military trucks in the first place. He used his kickbacks to get cyberware, and gradually he moved into more lucrative jobs like extorting protection money, tracking down whores ignorant of the subdermal tracking chips they were implanted with, and generally taking part in street-level thuggery. Things go badly when he is sent to track down a whore who had won the heart of a Chechen gangster, and bullets were cordially exchanged. Inna took several for his partner. The Chechen turned out to be someone of import, and as Inna's partner was the son of a high-ranking Vor still working to get his stars, Inna was rewarded with a faked death and sent over to Seattle, where he works as a street level thug and moonlights as a shadowrunner.

Inna isn't very good at fighting. He's got 1 in firearms, unarmed, melee, and demolitions. I bit the bullet and assigned a skill point to have him speak English. If anyone wishes to know Inna, he will frequently use the phrase, "is (item), very much/highest quality." He will also affect a stereotypical Russian manner of speaking, but he will be inconsistent about it.

Michael Corvus

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 02, 2013, 10:34:27 PM
Up to x2 without 'wares or being an Elf, right?

Attributes can go up to x4, though races without a bonus trait in a given attribute can only have that physical Attribute to x2 unless cyberware or an Adept Power raises it further... ie, a human could have Strengthx2 Unenhanced or x4 enhanced, while an Ork could have x3 Unenhanced (x4 enhanced) and a Troll could have x4 Unenhanced.
The Oath of The Drake