SHADOWRUN - Seattle 2070 (Semi-Freeform Game Now Recruiting!)

Started by LunarSage, December 31, 2012, 07:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CurvyKitten

Ok My brain is done for now. LOL

The two idea's I have partly written up are...

A female troll (though she is the runt of the little compared to trolls. Rumors of who her real father could be are still up in the air.) She is straight up brawler with some driving skills, that works and is friends with the females in the before mentioned mechanic/racing shop. She has several older brothers so if anyone wants to be one just ask. Scarlet is bold, brash, not afraid of anything, a bit of a drunk...and a horn dog. :P What woman can be them too. LOLZ  Protective of those she cares about and takes care of the local street kids. Still working out more details with them at the moment. Looking for all sorts of links beyond brothers just ask. :)
Scarlett, though Josi is editing some things for me. Will update when she is done.

And the second is human female with the Vory faction( if that is allowed to be apart of one of the gangs already?) Or at least linked to a family within that organization. She is a hacker/performer/free runner, a bit of a recluse due to her line of work and her shy nature.  Good at getting what is needed and getting out of dodge, grew up being a messenger/hacker and learned from some of the best. She has a secret life as a performer, though no one knows it is her as it is all down with  Holo-projectors or a virtual person programed as her alter ego Runa LeCross. It is her outlet and way of expression. Looking for family, friends that know more about her,manager, fellow runners, possible even romance...OH MY.
Elena (maybe still thinking on her name)

OK I think I need sleep been staring at these sheets for a while now and my head hurts. And I'm probably not making much sense at the moment anyway. LOLZ Anyway have some idea's, or want to work out some links. Feel free to PM me, as things get lost in the OOC specially when you know....sleep. LOL Ok yes sleep for me and I will again work on finishing my sheets tomorrow.

undisclosedtoyou

I like your Elena, Curvy!  If she has ties with the Vory, maybe we can work out some sort of connection to my Hanna and her Giant partner.  I got to read up on the Vory, but Hana is the daughter of a low level Russian boss in Germany, who was exiled by her father for dipping her fingers in the Serbians goodies, so to say.  Even if they don't know each other, if Elena speaks Russian I can see them getting along, my girl will know English, but won't be revealing that to anyone but her partner.  I'll pm you after I get off work, hun.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Callie Del Noire

Going to have to bow out. Just saw the syllabus for part 2 of my senior project.

LunarSage

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 03, 2013, 09:48:54 AM
Going to have to bow out. Just saw the syllabus for part 2 of my senior project.

Understandable.  No worries at all.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Dhi

What is the discount for joint housing? Do we just split the cost?

Josietta

Lunar told me last night that if you have low lifestyle and you split it with another PC.. you would get the 2 bedroom for 3000 nuyen total meaning each of you only pay 1500 instead of the normal 2k for low lifestyle. So it depends on the lifestyle level. I dunno about the mid or high. Thats all I asked about, was the low that is.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

LunarSage

It works that way for all the lifestyles... The total lifestyle cost of 2 people rooming together is 1.5 times the base cost.  Please don't make us figure out the costs for more than 2 roommates.   -_-

Pumpkin Seeds

bubby

I've sent a PM to Corvus, asking for ass-istance in making a char.  ;D

The only thing I've managed to decipher from all the info is I'd like to play an elf.

TheGlyphstone

For Cyberware with variable ratings, can an existing system be 'upgraded', or does it need to be a full replacement? Say...a Taste Booster, at 1500NY*Rating. If I buy a Rating 1 Taste Booster, and later want to upgrade to a Rating 2 Taste Booster, will I be able to use parts of the pre-installed hardware (spending another 1500), or does it need a full swap-out (costing 3,000)?

TheVillain

Holy Goddamn you guys did a bunch of posting. This is going to take a bit to sort through, get some concepts going. I had some decent ones but now I have to see if they'll still work. :P
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

TheGlyphstone

Why wouldn't they? We're mostly independent operators unless you decide to team up with another PC, the only way your concepts wouldn't work is if they involved being a Variant Troll (because I got there first).

LunarSage

Quote from: bubby on January 03, 2013, 12:57:20 PM
I've sent a PM to Corvus, asking for ass-istance in making a char.  ;D

The only thing I've managed to decipher from all the info is I'd like to play an elf.

Woot!  Glad to have you, bubby!  ;D

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 03, 2013, 12:57:57 PM
For Cyberware with variable ratings, can an existing system be 'upgraded', or does it need to be a full replacement? Say...a Taste Booster, at 1500NY*Rating. If I buy a Rating 1 Taste Booster, and later want to upgrade to a Rating 2 Taste Booster, will I be able to use parts of the pre-installed hardware (spending another 1500), or does it need a full swap-out (costing 3,000)?

Well technically upgrading like that would likely require the old cyberware to be ripped out to put the new stuff in.  However, we can say that since old cyberware can likely be recycled and in the interest of giving you guys a break, you guys will only have to pay half the difference in the new level.  Like say you have a rating two piece of cyberware (cost of 2,000 nuyen) and want to upgrade to the rating three version (cost of 3,000 nuyen)... You would pay 2,000 nuyen total for the upgrade.

LunarSage

Quote from: Michael Corvus on January 02, 2013, 09:29:14 PM
LOL... well, MOST of it ... ain't too bad, I suppose. :P

Nothing comes to mind as far as working other details, but if you have something in mind, I'm open to suggestions. :)

Yeah, tattoos will need to be accounted for out of the initial nuyen, I'm afraid.... unless Lunar decides differently later on. 

Speaking of. I'm glad you mentioned this because I think I neglected to deduct tattoo charges on my character sheet...

*EDIT*

Scratch that. Leave it for now, until I can talk it over with Lunar, since the tattoo pricing is rather vague. 50-1,000 is a big price range... and with no specification on how to determine the price of a small tat vs a large tat... just leave it for now.

If we decide to charge for tat's before game start later, Lunar can make the necessary edits.

Tattoos I wouldn't worry about too much to start.  Now if you want spiffy nano tattoos that can move and the like, yeah, you'll need to pay for them.

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on January 03, 2013, 12:16:56 AM
Corvus, going to take a reverse angle on this.  What of a corporate wagemage whose job it was to thwart shadowrunners now joining the little guys on the street?

That's fine.  You can have any amount of experience outside the shadowrunning world that you want... but in the Running world of Seattle, your street cred starts at zero.

Quote from: CurvyKitten on January 03, 2013, 02:13:46 AM
Ok My brain is done for now. LOL

The two idea's I have partly written up are...

A female troll (though she is the runt of the little compared to trolls. Rumors of who her real father could be are still up in the air.) She is straight up brawler with some driving skills, that works and is friends with the females in the before mentioned mechanic/racing shop. She has several older brothers so if anyone wants to be one just ask. Scarlet is bold, brash, not afraid of anything, a bit of a drunk...and a horn dog. :P What woman can be them too. LOLZ  Protective of those she cares about and takes care of the local street kids. Still working out more details with them at the moment. Looking for all sorts of links beyond brothers just ask. :)
Scarlett, though Josi is editing some things for me. Will update when she is done.

And the second is human female with the Vory faction( if that is allowed to be apart of one of the gangs already?) Or at least linked to a family within that organization. She is a hacker/performer/free runner, a bit of a recluse due to her line of work and her shy nature.  Good at getting what is needed and getting out of dodge, grew up being a messenger/hacker and learned from some of the best. She has a secret life as a performer, though no one knows it is her as it is all down with  Holo-projectors or a virtual person programed as her alter ego Runa LeCross. It is her outlet and way of expression. Looking for family, friends that know more about her,manager, fellow runners, possible even romance...OH MY.
Elena (maybe still thinking on her name)

OK I think I need sleep been staring at these sheets for a while now and my head hurts. And I'm probably not making much sense at the moment anyway. LOLZ Anyway have some idea's, or want to work out some links. Feel free to PM me, as things get lost in the OOC specially when you know....sleep. LOL Ok yes sleep for me and I will again work on finishing my sheets tomorrow.

Sounds awesome!  I can't wait to see your concepts realized, Curvy!  :-)

Glyph:  12 feet tall?  Aren't standard trolls only around 8 to 9 feet tall?  I wasn't aware that giants got that big.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: LunarSage on January 03, 2013, 01:11:27 PM

Glyph:  12 feet tall?  Aren't standard trolls only around 8 to 9 feet tall?  I wasn't aware that giants got that big.

Trolls average 280 cm (9'2"). The average Giant is 350cm tall, which equates to 11.48 feet, or 11'6".

Er...didn't Michael have a big post directly above me?

Kuroneko

Quote from: LunarSage on January 03, 2013, 01:11:27 PM
Tattoos I wouldn't worry about too much to start.  Now if you want spiffy nano tattoos that can move and the like, yeah, you'll need to pay for them.

Thats good, because the full body horimono that Ume has would likely cost 20K were i to get it myself today, lol.

Hey Bubby, my gunsmith character could use a demolitions partner ;)
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

LunarSage

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 03, 2013, 01:17:10 PM
Trolls average 280 cm (9'2"). The average Giant is 350cm tall, which equates to 11.48 feet, or 11'6".

Er...didn't Michael have a big post directly above me?

Just so you realize that your giant is going to have a hell of a hard time inside most dwellings.  Think Gandalf in Bag's End in the movie hitting his head constantly, even hunched over... but worse.  Most ceilings in real life are around 8 feet to 9 feet.  I would imagine ceilings are likely a foot or two taller in 2070 but next to no one thinks to accommodate giants.

TheGlyphstone

Oh yeah, it's going to be absolutely miserable. But that's life in the shadows, ain't it?

bubby

Quote from: Kuroneko on January 03, 2013, 01:20:45 PM
Thats good, because the full body horimono that Ume has would likely cost 20K were i to get it myself today, lol.

Hey Bubby, my gunsmith character could use a demolitions partner ;)

Yay! Someone to link with! I'll work on that!

Kuroneko

Quote from: bubby on January 03, 2013, 01:29:05 PM
Yay! Someone to link with! I'll work on that!

Awesomesauce.  Lunar just posted my bio for Ume in the character thread if that helps you ;)
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Niferbelle

Quote from: TheVillain on January 03, 2013, 12:58:29 PM
Holy Goddamn you guys did a bunch of posting. This is going to take a bit to sort through, get some concepts going. I had some decent ones but now I have to see if they'll still work. :P

I think your best bet is just to come up with a concept you enjoy first and foremost :) Every character will be unique in how they're played in the end.

bubby

Quote from: Kuroneko on January 03, 2013, 01:30:50 PM
Awesomesauce.  Lunar just posted my bio for Ume in the character thread if that helps you ;)

Blargh. Link me.

TheVillain

Quote from: Niferbelle on January 03, 2013, 01:33:38 PM
I think your best bet is just to come up with a concept you enjoy first and foremost :) Every character will be unique in how they're played in the end.

Yeah, but two Faces in the same party is just awkward. :P
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Pumpkin Seeds

There's a lot of people here.  Not everyone will be in the same party and nobody says we're all going to be friends.

Michael Corvus

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on January 03, 2013, 01:41:14 PM
There's a lot of people here.  Not everyone will be in the same party and nobody says we're all going to be friends.

Exactomundo!
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*