Mythologies (Looking for Eveyone)

Started by Scaly, October 13, 2010, 09:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scaly

Okay guys! This is my first group RP request here on Elliquiy, so come and and deflower me.

This role play Mythologies would take place in a world where myths from different cultures are true. All the Gods and Goddesses of all the different cultures around the world are real and live in the Heavens. For the most part, they keep to their own families, but sometimes they cross over.

To Join

Read everything here first. Then research your character (if necessary) and PM me. In the PM include a list of any gods/goddesses that you combined to create your character. There will be a list of all the taken characters and who is playing them both HERE, and in the introductory post of the role play, so be sure to check it.
You can reach the RP through here or through the link I'll give you when you PM me. If you post without PMing me first, I will grow into a giant angry man eating beast. Trust me, its ugly.

Setting

For this role play, we'd be using Hesiod's three story universe. For those of you unfamiliar, the top story is the realm of the gods, (called the Vault of Heaven,) There is a kind of barrier between the Vault of Heaven and Earth, along which the sun and moon travel, so that they are between the two stories and almost in a story to themselves. These mini-story is supported by mountains, which are called the Pillars of Heaven and stem from Earth. Earth if the middle story, and the realm of humans, heroes and nymphs.
Earth is a dome, around which is a vast and wide river, called the River of Ocean. It circles earth's dome indefinitely. The river is so vast that we perceive it to be the sea.
Underneath Earth and the River of Ocean, is the Underworld, where the gods of death and the dead souls reside. There is a hidden story beneath the underworld known as the Tartarus, where the Titans are imprisoned forever.

Obviously for the role play there are different sections of the heavens and the underworld to accommodate different mythologies.

Characters

For the purposes of this play, the Greek and Roman Gods/Goddesses will be the SAME entities, but you can play either version, or a combination of the two. Since we're treating them as the same, though, there can not be both an Aphrodite AND a Venus. You aren't limited to Gods in this role play. Since we're taking in all elements of mythologies, you may also play Heroes and other creatures that appear such as nymphs. (If you play a nymph, please play a specific nymph from a specific myth, rather than just a random one.)

Because of the often contradictory and circular nature of mythology, even within the characters, it is sometimes necessary to combine earlier and later versions of the same God. Its okay to do this, but please keep a list of all the gods you're combining and turn it in to me so that we can claim them as taken. This lets us attempt to avoid any time paradoxes.

Rules

1. No repeats of Gods/Goddesses (See what I said about the Greek-Roman gods.)
2. Free Form Only. (No Dice. I don't care if its great and you and the person you're currently talking to want to do it. Not here.)
3. Don't be an asshole. I think this is self explanatory
4. Please QUOTE the person you're role playing with.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taken Characters

Here is the list, as promised:

Wodyn (Wodanaz + Odin) - DrMurdockKawfi
Dazhbog (Dazhbog + Hors) - Electric Balalaika
Verthandi - Major Major
Thor - kingOFcalifornication
Eos - Morrigann
My O/Os
Current Requests
Where Am I?

Pronoun help: Scaly owns a cat. Xe loves xyr cat. Xyr cat loves xem back. The cat is xyrs.

yuna0417

I would be very interested in something like this!

Ironwolf85

meh I might toss my hat in. it's funny though "Everyone's Right at the same Time!" should make for interisting  rp
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Miles Trent

History and mythology just happens to be my personal favs. Still, with the roleplays Im working with right now, I may not be able to participate. I'll give this a watch for now.
Using a real person's picture is like stealing their soul.... Consult your local roleplay doctor before proceeding. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

Scaly

We still need a few people before we can start this. Any takers?
My O/Os
Current Requests
Where Am I?

Pronoun help: Scaly owns a cat. Xe loves xyr cat. Xyr cat loves xem back. The cat is xyrs.

kingOFcalifornication

Major Major

Morrigann

**All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by frost**