DnD 3.5 Unlimited: Legendary Monsters Recruitment part2!

Started by Zaer Darkwail, January 07, 2016, 09:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Keelan on April 24, 2016, 01:27:32 PM
...oh, she is...

...you realize it's an easy mistake to make as it's not posted anywhere but the Blinding Beauty ability right? XD

What did you mix her with?

He, He is mixed with Leanan Sidhe template wise. It was a custom template Zaer helped me with.  He is, in spirit , also a vampire. Though mechanically it comes from his prestige class (Widow Queen) and Lore Wise is considered something far more rare and dangerous, to the point the cosmic forces of good consider themselves lucky that all Widow Queens (they believe) are extinct. 

For the first half of his Backstory I gender reversed Anne Boleyn and put her in a low fantasy Setting where his life is saved at the last minute through a deal with the devil (something the Real Anne wouldn't have done even if it were an option). Then he went on to be a seducer of such epic proportions that Asmodeus broke his own contract and banished him from the nine hells.

But anyway Leanan Sidhe is sort of the succubus of the fey world so in the most simplistic terms "Succubus nymph vampire" but I had to point out thats not the exact truth since it seems so cliche as well as illegal by our character creation rules.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Keelan

Ooh... neat! :3 I might have to pass on the Alu-demon then since it may seem thematically similar and where's the fun in that? :3

Maybe I'll go something that gives her Tentacle Natural Attacks; turn her into the Tentacle Queen! XD

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Keelan on April 24, 2016, 01:51:52 PM
Ooh... neat! :3 I might have to pass on the Alu-demon then since it may seem thematically similar and where's the fun in that? :3

Maybe I'll go something that gives her Tentacle Natural Attacks; turn her into the Tentacle Queen! XD

Considering all the ZDM (The Z was a typo but I find it fitting so Illl start using it from now on) has to put himself through for my sake I think that would be a welcome experience for him.

TheGlyphstone

I'm frankly surprised we don't have a Hentai Extravaganza monster yet. I'm built for Natural Attackstravaganza, but not in a sexy context unless you happen to be into hard vore, and the closest thing anyone has submitted was the slime-girl who disappeared early on.

Keelan

...Half-Illithid gives 1d4 Tentacle Attacks... which I think we could apply my Insight bonus to? 14d4 Tentacle Attacks would be quite the something... assuming I can hide them at will >.>

TheGlyphstone

Half-Illithid Half-Farspawn Anthropomorphic Giant Octopus.

EDIT: And Half-illlithid gives 4 tentacles, not 1d4. The 1d4 is its damage die.

PaleEnchantress

Keelan

...I was thinking something sexier, but that did come to mind too XD

TheGlyphstone

That's what happens when your Half-Farspawn adopts their Pseudonatural Shape (also gives +2 tentacles on top of the two already granted).

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Keelan on April 24, 2016, 02:09:37 PM
...I was thinking something sexier, but that did come to mind too XD

To achieve tentacles and such to hide them sexy manner you could be changeling. They can create any natural attacks (but not be proficient with them unless they go to warshaper PrC). However insight bonus does not apply tentacle numbers but tentacle dmg yes.

Keelan

The Half-Illithid with it's 4 limbs has given me an idea reminiscent of Lucy from Elfen Lied...

...this is frightening and has potential for hentai-stravaganza...

TheGlyphstone

As a Half-Illithid Half-Farspawn Anthropomorphic Giant Octopus has 12 Tentacle attacks base, at only 2HD+4 CR from the templates, leaving 6 points of CR for other stat-booster templates. It qualifies for Warshaper, letting you grow more tentacles.

Keelan

It's illegal per chargen though; one inherited (Half-Illithid/Half-Farspawn), and 1 Acquired (Anthro, arguably), so unless Zaer gives permission...

TheGlyphstone

Hrm, good point.

Anthro Animals are actually Creatures of the Monstrous Humanoid type, not a Template, so that is good. Between Half-Illithid and Half-Farspawn, HI gives more tentacles, so let's go with that. 10 Tentacle attacks base at 2HD and +3 LA, leaving 7 points free.

Keelan

If nothing else, I like this idea as my gal's Cohort; I was saying I'd like a sentient consentacle monster for her cohort XD

This would likely use the Gestalt option instead of the Paragon option for cohorts, so... lots to work with XD

Sain

The gestalt option is waay inferior to paragon option in most cases. You might want to still make it a paragon and just give it class levels with your own level ups if you were thinking of having the cohort start as a monster of some sort.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

TheGlyphstone

As a cohort it'd be subject to the LA +5 and 2 HD, so only 5 points to work with instead.

And yeah, Gestalting is vastly weaker/inferior to being Paragon as far as Cohorts go.

Keelan

Hm, fair, and Paragon Tentacle Monster is an amazing-sounding thing XD

But yeah, I'll work on that later unless someone wants to volunteer to make the cohort tentacle beast to someone who may end up as a Wilder/Thrallherd on the magic-track of 14th level...

Keelan

WOO Made a race!  Also wasn't sure if the +13 Insight added to Leadership if it grants the +2 to Leadership (it will per Thrallherd later). Also reflavored things to reflect Nymph's Unearthly Grace bonuses as 'psionic' Insight Bonuses and the Paragon template as 'Luck' bonuses purely. It felt odd mixing it as Insight/Luck/Competence bonuses, and the Nymph one was previously Untyped for Saves and Deflection for AC...

Anyway:

Psionic Royal Nymph (Phrenic(LA+2) Fire-Souled(LA+3) Nymph(CR7) Paragon)
Medium Fey (Psionic, Fire)
+15 Str, +21 Dex, +17 Con, +23 Int, +23 Wis, +31 Cha
Max HD+Constitution Modifier+12HP/Level
90' Movement, 60' Swim Movement
Add +24 Luck Bonus to AC; +5 Natural Armor Bonus
Add +25 Luck Bonus to Attack Rolls, and +20 Luck Bonus on Melee and Ranged Damage Rolls
Add +10 Luck Bonus to Saving Throws
Add +10 Luck Bonus on Skill Checks
Special Attacks:
---Blinding Beauty (Su): 30ft Radius to Blind Permanently, Fortitude DC 10+HD+Charisma Modifier+13 Luck Bonus, De/Activation as Free Action
---Overwhelming Passion (Su): Melee Attack or Touch Attack, Will DC10+1/2HD+Charisma Modifer+13 Luck Bonus to negate SLA or Spell based on Charisma for (Charisma) Rounds, ((1/2HD)/day)
---Stunning Glance (Su): 30ft Glance to Stun for 2d4 Rounds, Fortitude DC10+HD+Charisma Modifier+13 Luck Bonus, Standard Action
Special Qualities:
---DR10/Epic, Fast Healing 20, Resistance Cold10/Fire10, PR(CR+25), Low-Light Vision
---Immunities (Ex): Stun, Daze
---Inspiring (Su): 10ft Radius to add +(1 + 13 Luck Bonus) Morale to Attack Rolls and Skill Checks, and +(2 + 13 Luck Bonus) Morale to Saves against Charm and Fear Effects as a Mind-Affecting Ability
---Natural Weapons (Ex): Treated as Epic to bypass DR
---Naturally Psionic (Su): 1 Bonus Power Point
---Unearthly Grace (Su): Adds Charisma Modifier as Insight Bonus to Saving Throws, and as an Insight Bonus to AC
---Wild Empathy (Ex): 1d20+HD+Charisma Modifier+6 Racial Bonus+13 Luck Bonus
Psi-Like Abilities (CL as HD+15, Save DC 10+1/2HD+Charisma Modifier+13 Luck Bonus)
---4/day: (Psionic) Haste
---3/day: Defensive Precognition, Dispel Psionics, Empty Mind, Intellect Fortress, Mind Thrust, Psionic See Invisibility
---1/day: Aversion, Body Adjustment, Brain Lock, Energy Current, Force Screen, Psionic Blast, Psionic Dimension Door, Psionic Dominate, Psychic Crush, Tower of Iron
Spell Progression (As Druid per HD, Save DC 10+Spell Level+Wisdom Modifier+13 Luck Bonus)
Feats: Leadership (Or +2 to Leadership Score +13 Luck Bonus), Extra Bonus Feat at 1st Level
Skills: +8 Racial Bonus to Swim, Can Take 10 on Swim Checks, Can Run while swimming

Sain

Keep in mind that no matter your leadership, the cohort will be capped at your HD + paragon template or gestalt. Also, you probably should keep all the mechanics as they are rather than changing what type of bonuses they give. In game you can probably play the luck bonus as being most important if you want the character to be lucky, but from character building perspective changing bonus types would be pretty broken. Untyped bonuses are the best kind anyway as it's the only thing that stacks with all. You wouldn't want to make things not be untyped bonuses ;D

Zaer Darkwail

The +13 bonus for special attacks is insight bonus so far as I know, that's only mistake I see here really.

Sain

Is this some new ruling or are you sleepy :P

Paragon save bonus is from insight, the skill from competence and AC from combination of insight and luck.

Also I don't think we're adding the +13 insight to SLA as they already gets the +15 to caster level.

Zaer Darkwail

Just busy at work :P. I make more thorough check for above template later. But we go by our usual rules so far and overall idea is that you do not change the type of bonuses what template gives to you (you can reflavor fluff or some minor details given templates and appearance is entirely cosmetic, but if you go from having brutal claws to slender hands with no claws you loose claws natural attack in the process).

PaleEnchantress

In lieu of what Sain said I say keep the untyped save bonuses change the deflection to insight. I got one specific ability changed to a Profane bonus. The +13 isn't added to leadership, leadership isn't an attack. Just like Unearthly grace doesn't get the +13.  Basically ask "Would this be listed under the "special attack" part of a monster statblock in the monster manual? I don't think "Inspiring" gets the bonus either.  Your character will likely have spellcasting or psionic manifesting and that DOES get the 13 bonus. Choose either the DC or Caster Level.  Like any caster level boost it wont actually make you learn spells as a if you were 13 levels higher. Nymph base does give you a bit of a headstart, make the druid casting psionic and you wont lose 2 manifester levels from Thrallherd. (Change would pend DM approval but I'm pretty sure he will say yes)

(I might add Thrallherds believers and followers aren't special attacks either even though the flavor text is more offensive in nature than leadership. A Thrallherd NPC would not have that listed under "special attacks".  I am quoting DM ruling here not just the way I read it. In fact Zaer ruled one specific "special attack" doesn't even count: Create Spawn though i believe thats the only exception so far.)

I like how you take several things and keep the mechanics but change the meaning. You aren't just an augmented Nymph, you're something else entirely. That was certainly intended. Also one thing not made clear, that bonus feat from the paragon Template can be any epic feat that you already qualify for  however it's the only epic feat you can have at the games start.  There are a few little things like that you may miss but don't be scared, Zaer is very liberal with allowing you to edit your sheet because you didn't know certain specifics. So you can join us without nitpicking every tiny detail.

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 25, 2016, 04:29:28 AM
Just busy at work :P. I make more thorough check for above template later. But we go by our usual rules so far and overall idea is that you do not change the type of bonuses what template gives to you (you can reflavor fluff or some minor details given templates and appearance is entirely cosmetic, but if you go from having brutal claws to slender hands with no claws you loose claws natural attack in the process).

I don't believe changing bonus types was ever attempted before except in one very specific (and non template) case for me which you allowed for balance rather than theme reasons.  I doubt it matters much one way or the other but you could rule the type change fits her character. Whatever you rule i'll take note of it in case it comes up again.

Quote from: Sain on April 25, 2016, 04:27:26 AM
Also I don't think we're adding the +13 insight to SLA as they already gets the +15 to caster level.

This is entirely correct.

Keelan

I figured Inspiring got the benefit because Auras got benefits... *goes to reread* It does boost combat ability, not specifically mine... but it's not something I'm hung up on as necessity so removing it.  I actually like Druid as Divine casting; as Nymphs get Druidic casting natively in full, I figured it represented her natural proclivity as a Nymph, though I may switch the +13 to her CL instead, possibly. I'm not that stuck on 18/20 manifester level at 20 as it's overall a miniscule 'loss' in such a high-power game (and I'll only be out 1 9th-level Power as a Wilder, so it's not fazing me much : P).

Thanks for the compliment on the concept as a whole; I certainly did intend for the chosen templates to make her 'something else entirely' than just a Nymph with templates. Sans Phrenic, she's a Royal Nymph, similar to Pathfinder's Hamadryad amongst Dryad; she's more powerful, a leader amongst the Nymph-kind and fey in general, be they Seelie or Unseelie. Fellow nymphs are her attendents naturally, as Fire-Souled reflects. However, she was also one born with naturally psionic potential, which manifests as chaotic, wild talent (Wilder, PLAs), and then as a boon to her aura of leadership (Thrallherd), further raising her up the food-chain for the Fey Nobility. Paragon just puts her right on top; I fully intend to make her a Queen, beloved and worshipped, a force to rival the existing Courts mayhaps, and as the Anthro-Octopus discussion hints at, her cohort will be... interesting...

I am fully planning to make her the Queen of Tentacles, her cohort being her King (but in Fey-world, the women are the leaders) and her society being a hybrid of Fey and sentient tentacled beasts in blissful, loving, slithery harmony and love...

Naturally she was locked up at the behest of Queen Titania of the Seelie Court (though some suggest she's a deity of the fey instead, some sources I've found anyway), something which was carried out by Ao perhaps for fear of what a being of such power and psionic potential could do by pushing acceptance of the Aberrant into the world (really though, tentacle creatures are just misunderstood, and hard to talk to if you're not Psionically inclined!)...

Has a hook for sexy fun, intrigue, and combat stuffs too :3

Anyway, returned bonuses to what they were, and to explain it just looked CLEANER to have all the bonuses be of one sort; I'm sure there is some justification as to why WotC wanted it to have multiple different bonus types, but for the life of me it looks like a bloody mess. It's why her free SLAs got stuck into her PLAs and reflavored as psionic; cleaner and more concise, the mechanics coming in line with the thematics... but alas, see below (also left the now-returned-to Insight Bonus to Wild Empathy; it's not an attack, but it seemed fitting as an INSIGHT bonus and really isn't a big game-breaker that she can better interact with animals):

Psionic Royal Nymph (Phrenic(LA+2) Fire-Souled(LA+3) Nymph(CR7) Paragon)
Medium Fey (Psionic, Fire)
+15 Str, +21 Dex, +17 Con, +23 Int, +23 Wis, +31 Cha
Max HD+Constitution Modifier+12HP/Level
90' Movement, 60' Swim Movement
Add +12 Insight Bonus and +12 Luck Bonus to AC; +5 Natural Armor Bonus
Add +25 Luck Bonus to Attack Rolls, and +20 Luck Bonus on Melee and Ranged Damage Rolls
Add +10 Insight Bonus to Saving Throws
Add +10 Competence Bonus on Skill Checks
Special Attacks:
---Blinding Beauty (Su): 30ft Radius to Blind Permanently, Fortitude DC 10+HD+Charisma Modifier+13 Insight Bonus, De/Activation as Free Action
---Overwhelming Passion (Su): Melee Attack or Touch Attack, Will DC10+1/2HD+Charisma Modifer+13 Insight Bonus to negate SLA or Spell based on Charisma for (Charisma) Rounds, ((1/2HD)/day)
---Stunning Glance (Su): 30ft Glance to Stun for 2d4 Rounds, Fortitude DC10+HD+Charisma Modifier+13 Insight Bonus, Standard Action
Special Qualities:
---DR10/Epic, Fast Healing 20, Resistance Cold10/Fire10, PR(CR+25), Low-Light Vision
---Immunities (Ex): Stun, Daze
---Inspiring (Su): 10ft Radius to add +1 Morale to Attack Rolls and Skill Checks, and +2 Morale to Saves against Charm and Fear Effects as a Mind-Affecting Ability
---Natural Weapons (Ex): Treated as Epic to bypass DR
---Naturally Psionic (Su): 1 Bonus Power Point
---Unearthly Grace (Su): Adds Charisma Modifier as Untyped Bonus to Saving Throws, and as a Deflection Bonus to AC
---Wild Empathy (Ex): 1d20+HD+Charisma Modifier+6 Racial Bonus+13 Insight Bonus
Psi-Like Abilities (CL as HD+15, Save DC 10+1/2HD+Charisma Modifier)
---4/day: (Psionic) Haste
---3/day: Defensive Precognition, Dispel Psionics, Empty Mind, Intellect Fortress, Mind Thrust, Psionic See Invisibility
---1/day: Aversion, Body Adjustment, Brain Lock, Energy Current, Force Screen, Psionic Blast, Psionic Dimension Door, Psionic Dominate, Psychic Crush, Tower of Iron
Spell Progression (As Druid per HD, Save DC 10+Spell Level+Wisdom Modifier+13 Insight Bonus)
Feats: Leadership (Or +2 to Leadership Score), Extra Bonus Feat at 1st Level
Skills: +8 Racial Bonus to Swim, Can Take 10 on Swim Checks, Can Run while swimming