RPG/JRPG What are you playing now?

Started by Oreo, November 27, 2015, 03:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Oniya on February 11, 2016, 12:18:27 AM
Not sure if this counts, but I've been playing a little modpack about bee-breeding in Minecraft.  The modpack creator is ESL, and I'd been seeing a lot of comments on the boards there about the 'poor grammar' (to be fair, they all shut up right quick when I pointed out that he was writing the modpack in something other than his native language.)  So, while I'm letting my bees make All The Things (TM), I'm going through (with his blessing and thanks) and redoing the quest texts so that they read better.  Ninety percent of the errors are flow or idiom-related - only a few actual spelling errors.

Oooh, which beekeeping mod is that?

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Mathim

Getting a little bored with Yokai Watch, got a good price on Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, gonna give that a whirl.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Oreo

Ispent about four hours getting into Digimon Cyber Sleuth, and another four replaying Amalur.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Oniya

Quote from: The Dark Raven on February 11, 2016, 09:28:52 AM
Oooh, which beekeeping mod is that?

The pack is BeeHappy on the FTB launcher (Third Party Packs).  It's mostly Forestry and Gendustry (for ease in breeding) with a couple other mods thrown in for extra types of bees or just for fun.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

The Dark Raven

Oooh, that's cool.  I have run with a beekeeping mod before which is fun, but I can't remember what it is called (hubs built us a mod pack for our home server that is huge...)

I hope, in his rebuild, he puts it in, because I loved it.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Oniya

If you had to build a bunch of bronze machines to process everything, it was probably Forestry.  BeeHappy is a fun little derping-around pack - a little grindy at the beginning, but I enjoyed it more than I planned to.   I'd originally started it to try to sort out some recording issues and kind of got sucked in.  (The recording issues aren't quite resolved yet, but I know what needs doing at least.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

SinXAzgard21

Dying Light on PC.  Has rpg elements in it and has a rather decent sized open world.  Expansion just came out and added a new zone as big as the original content in game. 
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Oreo

That is why I am replaying Reckoning. I didn't realize PS3 had more DLC mission packs I could download.

Digimon is giving me some real mental hurdles since I have never played a Digimon game before. Lots of new stuff to learn how to do. Things as simple as adding monsters to your party menu are going to take a while to pound into my head. I did it once by accident, and can't remember how I did it.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Mathim

Quote from: Oreo on February 11, 2016, 09:49:32 PM
That is why I am replaying Reckoning. I didn't realize PS3 had more DLC mission packs I could download.

Digimon is giving me some real mental hurdles since I have never played a Digimon game before. Lots of new stuff to learn how to do. Things as simple as adding monsters to your party menu are going to take a while to pound into my head. I did it once by accident, and can't remember how I did it.

Which one are you playing, and what system? I tried a rom version of one on the DS a few years ago and it looked seriously complicated, like Pokemon to the nth degree.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Oreo

Quote from: Mathim on February 11, 2016, 10:11:44 PM
Which one are you playing, and what system? I tried a rom version of one on the DS a few years ago and it looked seriously complicated, like Pokemon to the nth degree.

I am playing the brand new PS4 Digimon Cyber Sleuth.

Mathim

Okay, so Mario and Luigi: Dream Team is, so far, the least annoying of the Mario and Luigi series. Things are short-scale, the bosses are far less frustrating and they've added bonuses for completing certain objectives in battle which is a nice incentive to do really well, AND you can save anywhere, not just at save boxes, so completing these challenges is simpler. Problem is, one of these particular challenges requires tilting the 3DS to maneuver a rolling ball and it's extremely over-sensitive so unless my compulsive nature will allow me to skip that, I'll have to stop there for a while til I get it right.

The Dark Raven

Finally in Northrend in WoW.  So close to 70 I can taste it.

SinXAzgard21

27 hours into Digimon and around 4 or 5 hours into Xcom 2.  Playing the Division tonight, provided no dreaded launch bugs happen.... hahahahaha.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Oreo

I will likely be playing Fable Legends Beta until the servers shut down on the 13th of April.

Missy

Oreo

Oniya

Quote from: Missy on March 07, 2016, 08:54:15 PM
What does "JRPG" mean?

Traditionally, things like Final Fantasy, Breath of Fire, Xenosaga - I'm not sure what the exact dividing line is between JRPG and RPG though (other than country of origin.)

Oreo

JRPG generally uses anime type art for the games. Some other game series that fall into the category are, the Tales series, Legend of Heroes, Blue Dragon, Star Ocean, Suikoden, Shin Megami Tensei...

Sasquatch421

Decided to replay Lost Odyssey when I'm taking a break from VtM Bloodlines... Really should try out Neverwinter Nights 2 since I got it from my brother....

Oreo

Lost Odyssey is one of the few games that made me cry, both times I played it.

Sasquatch421

Quote from: Oreo on March 08, 2016, 06:23:22 PM
Lost Odyssey is one of the few games that made me cry, both times I played it.

Same here, I think the only other one is FF7... Ok it was more on what I went through to get Aerith's Great Gospel.

Oreo

The other game for me was Tales of Graces f.

Revelation

If you like lost Odyssey, try nier..super emotional game with an amazing story and soundtrack!

Oreo

I liked Nier too once I got past the opening battles, but it didn't make me cry. : / I am looking forward to NieR: Automata.

snapdragon

Anyone else started Fire Emblem Fates? I've been working my way through the three paths. Just finished birthright and conquest.