In the grim dark future, there is only war... (M for Any)

Started by Hephaesteon, February 12, 2019, 07:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hephaesteon

It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries The Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the Master of Mankind by the will of the gods, and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day, so that he may never truly die.

Yet even in his deathless state, the Emperor continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty battlefleets cross the daemon-infested miasma of the Warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Astronomican, the psychic manifestation of the Emperor's will. Vast armies give battle in his name on uncounted worlds. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes, the Space Marines, bio-engineered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Imperial Guard and countless planetary defence forces, the ever vigilant Inquisition and the tech-priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat from aliens, heretics, mutants - and worse.

To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am looking for someone who wishes to bathe in the blood of mankind's enemies. Someone who can look into the eyes of insanity, seize upon their courage, and bring the Emperor's wrath down upon the mutant, the heretic, and the xeno. I want someone who is willing to fight meter by forsaken meter across any planet to being the Emperor's cleansing fire to the putrid taint of Chaos.

If you are familiar at all with, Warhammer 40,000, you know what to expect. Mankind is assaulted in every corner, beset by foes more terrifying that our nightmares, more numerous that the stars, and more powerful that anything we have seen before. Only our steadfast resolve to never give up and our supreme faith in the Emperor keeps us alive.

The 40k universe is vast, and I am willing to jump into any part of it. This is not going to be smut-heavy writing, but it will b e brutal, violent, and exhilarating. That is not to suggest that there is no sex, just that the heroes the stories follow tend to be asexual. They are gods among men, and as such are removed from that primal urge. There are scenarios in the lore that could lead to intimate encounters, but they are quite few and far between, so if that's a deal-breaker, now you know.

I also realize that, as vast as the lore is, it can be overwhelming to the uninitiated, so know that I am willing to help you learn whatever is needed to get things set up. 40k is something I really am passionate about, and talking about/explaining it is not burdensome to me in the slightest.

So, if you're interested in striding, gore drenched, across the battlefields of humanity's desperate struggle for survival, then I would love to hear from you.

The Emperor Protects!
~Hephaesteon