3.6 Firefox & Elliquiy

Started by BK Geno, March 13, 2010, 06:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BK Geno

Is anyone else having problems finding Elliquiy using Firefox 3.6? I haven't upgraded my FF yet, but a friend has, and now he can't get on. He tried pinging the site, as well as checking the site http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/, both of which are telling him E is down.

Anyone know what might be causing this, or what the heck is going on?
Panic is ALWAYS an appropriate answer!

Autumn Sativus

Have them try
for the time being, it seems to be working all around.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Inkidu

I having spats were it just will not find E.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Kye

Thanks Saff, that worked for me. 

I tried Firefox, Chrome, and IE and none of them would work any other way.

Saerrael

I actually just had that (with Explorer). Said Elliquiy.com didn't exist. Used my history to access, which worked. Bit daft O.o

Mithlomwen

Since Kip is currently having issues posting this, he asked me if I would post it for him.

QuoteYep I've been having similar problems but for me it's not limited to the network or the browser (eg. my cell phone won't find it on my providers network using safari on iPhone and my home computer can't find it on IE or FF).  Using the IP works for me except I can't post or logout... so not too fine but I can read things!!.

I've left messages for Veks alerting him to the issue so we're on it and as soon as possible, it'll be rectified.

For the moment - Use the IP as Saffron suggested until the issue can be identified exactly and a solution provided.
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Will

I've been having the 3.6 problems as well, along with the posting issue that Kip mentioned by proxy.  IE seems to work fine for me, though.

The SB also isn't working for me in 3.6.  It says "This chat requires cookies."  I know it could be a separate problem, but it never happened until these other problems, so I'm mentioning it here.  I cleared my cookies, and I have them enabled.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Mithlomwen

From Kip again: 

QuoteI've got 3.5.8 FF and IE 8 so it's happening across a range as well just to note it here for reference.
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Kip

Looks like FF is back working for me for the elliquiy.com address and for posting.

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Vekseid

http://status.namecheap.com/ <- Namecheap's free DNS was under DDoS, apparently. : /

Need to setup our own service eventually.

DrFier

Well, That doesn't help. Especially because login doesn't seem to work through IP directly.
Ons and Offs
Ideas
The Doctor is out.

Screen images simulated. Not an actual physician. Professional driver on a closed course, do not attempt. If you have an erection lasting more than four hours, contact your significant other.

Vekseid

No but you can add the entry to your hosts file. I don't advertise how to do that because I would like to move (and get a high-quality DNS network setup) eventually >_>