Posts in Politics not editable?

Started by Top Cat, June 30, 2020, 12:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Top Cat

Preface: This is not a complaint, it's a desire to know if what I'm seeing is proper forum behavior, or if it's a bug that needs to be reported.

I noticed that a post I made in the Video Game Controversies thread in the Politics subforum could not be edited around three minutes after making a post. I checked the forum rules, and didn't see anything about this. Is this correct? Posts in Politics can't be edited or deleted?
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

Oniya

This is correct.  There were some instances where people used the edit function in a way that changed the interpretation of replies.  As a result, the edit function was removed from that board.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Top Cat

People abused it, so it was taken away. Gotcha.

Could we have that added to the stickies at the top of the subforum, then?
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

Blythe

Top Cat

Thank you, much appreciated.  8-)
O/O / Story Seeds