Death Note RP: Players Wanted [UN]

Started by thebobmaster, October 14, 2009, 02:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebobmaster

This is a topic to gather interest for a role-play based off of Death Note. The reason the category is listed as "unknown" is because I am not quite sure where it will fall once the violence is factored in, as is guaranteed with the subject matter.

If you've seen Death Note, you know the plot. For those of you who haven't, here's a vague, but spoiler-free, link: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DeathNote.  There is no limit to the number of players, though I'll need to keep it reasonable. It'll be a short game if there is one Kira, but 12 detectives chasing the Kira. Which is where the poll comes in. Basically, read the choices and vote for the one you like. After a week goes by, I'll look at the numbers, and figure out from there the plot, the number of players, and so forth.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

FlaminGlory

I'm rather interested in this and I hope that you can get more players so we can get this started.

thebobmaster

Quote from: FlaminGlory on October 14, 2009, 09:14:34 PM
I'm rather interested in this and I hope that you can get more players so we can get this started.

You're the first person to post, but I've gotten 5 votes in about 7 hours. I'm not too worried.

Dray

Yea get a few more people and I would be glad to join.

Doomsday

Vampricprincessty

Wolfy

Lawl..looks like you have a majority already..xD

Anyway..would we need some people to be victims? xD

thebobmaster

Quote from: Wolfy4226 on October 15, 2009, 01:19:37 AM
Lawl..looks like you have a majority already..xD

Anyway..would we need some people to be victims? xD

I will most likely have most victims be NPCs.

Doomsday

I misread the pole a bit. I'm fine with some people playing Kira but I'd like to be an investigator myself :-)

thebobmaster

Quote from: Doomsday Jesus on October 15, 2009, 01:27:40 AM
I misread the pole a bit. I'm fine with some people playing Kira but I'd like to be an investigator myself :-)

I'll let the people choose which role they'll play. Whether I make that public though...that's a mystery.

Doomsday

It would be like a complicated game of Werewolf/Mafia! :o

thebobmaster

Quote from: Doomsday Jesus on October 15, 2009, 01:35:58 AM
It would be like a complicated game of Werewolf/Mafia! :o

If I do it that way. Might be too complicated, though.

Doomsday

I wasn't thinking system, I was thinking it would be interesting if you kept our profiles secret. Though that might be an exercise in futility if we're just going to write about how we use the Death Note.

Dray

Well if we go along with custom characters and story and just keep the Kira-Investigator relationship from the show then we can have everyone on the Investigator team, but one of them is Kira, and perhaps some within are also supporters or Kira so the team is secretly divided.  It would be a race of smarts and wits to see who would win, survive and conquer.

Also I would be willing to play Kira, I have experience and I tend to be a good leader and sadistic and judgmental thinker with the thought of being 'god'...in fact most the characters I play are like that :p

thebobmaster

Quote from: Ty5550 on October 15, 2009, 04:07:19 PM
Well if we go along with custom characters and story and just keep the Kira-Investigator relationship from the show then we can have everyone on the Investigator team, but one of them is Kira, and perhaps some within are also supporters or Kira so the team is secretly divided.  It would be a race of smarts and wits to see who would win, survive and conquer.

Also I would be willing to play Kira, I have experience and I tend to be a good leader and sadistic and judgmental thinker with the thought of being 'god'...in fact most the characters I play are like that :p

I think I'll have multiple Kiras, but take out the mystery angle, where the players are trying to figure out who Kira is. The players will know, even if the characters don't.

Dray

I would not go over three, since there were once like three Notes out in the world on the anime I say that would be a safe way to go.

thebobmaster

Quote from: Ty5550 on October 15, 2009, 04:19:40 PM
I would not go over three, since there were once like three Notes out in the world on the anime I say that would be a safe way to go.

I was planning for 3 Kiras, 5 investigators.

loviatar

I hope you are able to make the thread work as great as Death note was. Its the only show I like better than the All Doctor Who, and that took lot.

I would have to say it would have to play as a who done thread.

Good luck!

thebobmaster

All right, the people have spoken. Multiple Kiras it is. Make your sheets, and PM me if you are interested in being one of the 3 Kiras. First come, first serve. Let's have 9 spots, not counting me. That would make 3 Kiras, with two detectives on each.

Doomsday

Do you have a loose form for character sheets? Always helpful :-)

thebobmaster

Doomsday

Very good.

On a side note, if I happen to log out in the next 30 minutes, that proves your son is Kira >:)

SinXAzgard21

I am a huge DN fan... I am so up for playing this.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

DonaGothika

I definitely would like to play! I'm just gonna skip off to the character sheets now. . . ;D
MY APOLOGIZES. . . I'VE BEEN AWOL and LIFE HAS KICKED MY BUTT SOME!!! Sorry to all I had to leave hanging--real life is well. . . tough LOL!
OOo's

thebobmaster

If you are interested in this RP, put your character sheet here. If you want to be a Kira, let me know via PM.