A Game of Superheroes (Two Heroes needed, villains and others welcome)

Started by Primarch, October 02, 2011, 05:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

In 1991 in the great city of Atlanta, the world watched as a plane nearly crashed into the busy streets below but was saved at the last minute by the worlds first Superhero, Starman! He was a hero the world needed, a courage sentinel of justice and equality, all nations fell under his constant watch and the world breathed a sigh of relief. But for every hero, there must be a villain! Within months of Starman's history making first appearance, The Iron General appeared on the scene. A meta-human world terrorist with technology that would have rendered traditional armies obsolete, if it wasn't for Starman. The mad genius that was The Iron General had the greatest mind the world had ever seen, he developed everything from deathbots and doomrays to mind controlling dust and more deathbots, but the man with the greatest mind was constantly thwarted by the man with the greatest heart.

For two decades Starman held vigil over the world against any threat from without or within. Villains and foes came and went, but his greatest nemesis was always The Iron General. In the winter of 2011 the impossible happened. Starman lost. The Iron General had finally brought his hated rival down with his greatest scheme yet. The world watched live feed as Starman used all his might to hold off a deathray that would have cracked the city of Paris in half! Just as the beam was losing power, The Iron General struck! A legion of his Deathbots attacked, with the General himself manning his power armour. Starman fought with all the courage and tenacity the world had come to admire him for, with the strength every man strived towards and with the stamina many women had appreciated. But alas! It wasn't enough. Scores of machines were destroyed but finally The Iron General slammed Starman with all the might of his power armour, the crater left by Starman hitting the ground was a hundred feet wide. His body was giving out, he was exhausted. As the clocks approached midnight and the rain came down hard, Starman stood alone against a legion, and knew he couldn't win.

The world watched with held breath, a lone reported (his true love, of course) did the only thing she could. She grabbed the nearest camera and sent her message to the world. The only message she could send, just one.

"Help him."

The world did the only thing it could do. It helped. Because as Starman lay battered and broken under the fury of a Mad Man who would have burned it all down, eight people looked inside themselves and found something they never knew they had. The power to make a difference and the heart to use it right! Just as The Iron General was about to deal the killing blow they emerged, with powers fantastic and amazing they rallied to fight the threat that before only one man could challenge. And do you know what happened? They won.

The Iron General was cast back, brought low and locked away. They all knew he'd be back, he always was. But for now the day was saved and the world hailed their new saviors as heroes!

So I'd like to set up a Freeform Superhero game, based around the eight individuals who protect the world after the events described above. Like a lot of modern comics and tv shows, I'd like to explore multiple sides of the characters lives, both featuring them fighting the bad guy, to chilling out back in there homebase or just chilling out as they attend as normal a life as they can when not adorned in capes and fighting crime. Villains will come and go, with popular ones making a return (people are welcome to take up a one time or even recurring villain if they would be so interested! Even if they come and go in one thread). Every hero type from your Batman to your Superman and everything in between will be welcome, and I'll cater to who's present as much as possible.

Character abilities I'm quite open with, so long as you use a touch of reason and common sense in terms of "does this make sense?" (in a comic hero setting of course!) but also "would this character be ridiculously hard to challenge reasonably in anyway?!" But so long as the character isn't Superman without a kryptonite or Scarlet Witch without being batshit insane I'm sure we'll be fine.

The game will take place one year after the events described above, but if there's interest we may start with a "prologue" when the group first discovers their powers and has their world famous showdown with The Iron General.

If you have any questions, please ask! Other characters aside from our eight heroes could also be taken up, if there is interest. Such as classic Superhero roles as the Journalist who's always being kidnapped, or the Detective who's always one step away from discovering their true identities.

Those who are interested already, may create a character using this template:

[center][u]The Person[/u][/center]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Day job:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Backstory:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] Real person based image claims only please

[center][u]The Hero[u][/center]

[b]Codename:[/b]
[b]Powers:[/b]
[b]Weakness:[/b]
[b]Skills:[/b]
[b]Special Equipment:[/b]
[b]Costume:[/b]

Character Roster

Hero: The Cowboy (rocknrolla)
Hero: Yatagarasu (missfire)
Hero: Militia (Foxy Oni)
Hero:
Hero: Heizenbergy (Aybara)
Hero: Honour Guard (Primarch)
Hero: (Reserved for The Truth)
Hero: Watts (Maelyn)

Journalist:
Detective on the Case:
Other:
Other:

Villain: Darkstryke (NileGoddess)
Villain: Meteor (Latooni Subota)
Villain:
Villain:

OOC

Character page

MissFire

Well, color me interested. I've been waiting for a fresh superhero RP to pop up. I'll think about a character concept tomorrow!
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Primarch

Most excellent! I just got a character app into that Saints Row RP, we might be in 3 games together XD

KaelRavenheart

Ahhhh, finally. I've waiting for a roleplay like this for a long while. Finally, an open superhero RP. You can count me most definitely in!
You think you know me? Look deeper. Find the truth.

Aybara

I'm interested although I'll have to consider what character to do, I'll see what I can think of in the morning!

Maelyn

I'm interested as well.  I will think on a character and get back to you.  :)

Latooni Subota

Hot dang, a new superhero advert. It's not Marvel mutants, but I gotta admit, it's pretty darn interesting. I'll have a concept up later tonight! :D

EDIT: Before I start digging too deep, I has a question for the GM. Are you one of the anime-type character image haters? I have TERRIBLE luck finding superheroine images I like, so usually end up using anime-style ones.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Love And Submission

I might be in. How do you feel about Cyborg/Replicant's?

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Primarch

Quote from: Latooni Subota on October 02, 2011, 10:00:33 PM
EDIT: Before I start digging too deep, I has a question for the GM. Are you one of the anime-type character image haters? I have TERRIBLE luck finding superheroine images I like, so usually end up using anime-style ones.

That depends on the anime for the most part, although in this particular RP in the template it does request the character appearance image be real person based, there is no such requirement on the costume image. So if you can find a suitable actress/model, you can back it up with an anime image for the costume.

Quote from: DTW on October 02, 2011, 11:01:13 PM
I might be in. How do you feel about Cyborg/Replicant's?

So long as you can make it line up smoothly with the opening events I'm fine with a cyborg based character.

rocknrolla

What a fantastic idea, Primarch.

I have the same question as the lovely Miss KaylaM - and me other query is in regards to villains. Would you only accept villain characters from writers playing superheroes, or is there another criteria/character sheet for those? How many characters can a writer make once accepted?

I ask for I am very interested in playing a villain, suffice to say I also have a superhero in the making... so by the time you respond to this you should have a character from me end.

Would you like us to pm you the profile, or put it up here?

Cheers, pal!
People ask the question... what's a RocknRolla? And I tell 'em - it's not about drums, drugs, and hospital drips, oh no. There's more there than that, my friend. We all like a bit of the good life - some the money, some the drugs, other the sex game, the glamour, or the fame. But a RocknRolla, oh, he's different. Why? Because a real RocknRolla wants the fucking lot.

A/As (Updated 1/30)

Kate

Name: Shae Onarah
Code Name: Whisper
Height: 5 foot 8 inches
Weight: 70lbs
Eyes: Bluey Grey
Hair: Long Dark Brown
Physical : Very simular to Liv Tyler
Attire : Almost always wears one piece dresses and high heels, plus a long coat if cold
Sexuality: Bisexual

Hobbies: Painting and drawing fairies, researching mythology, reading
Powers:Telekinesis Mastery (she can move objects with her mind at a distance)
Skills: Telekinesis Mastery, Surreal Painting, drawing, reading, storytelling

Shae talks slowly and is incredibly kind to those she finds trustworthy. Shae has refined her abilities by having them constantly in practice. At a young age whenever she was alone she would have pieces of glass fly in patterns about her mimicking the nature of fairies. Even though she was forcing the glass to behave in such a manner seeing their motion reduced a lot of stress teenage years bring and over time these simple fairys assumed increasingly numerous and intricate pieces.

When not around bigots Shae will often be reading while her abilities see a perfectly crafted glass fairy somewhere in the room managing a humorous task one would expect a carefree fairy to do. Primarily she uses this as a practicing technique to control objects perfectly while keeping her primary attention focused on other things but has found it useful to entertain others.

The fairy she has at the moment has over a hundred separate pieces which stay together by Shaes mental abilities. Shae's mind is disciplined enough for it to keep it so while even is asleep, although the form will be subdued. If she is knocked unconscious or drugged however, the fairy's pieces will loose cohesion. If intricate dynamic behavior is not cared for, Shae can telekines' objects of considerable weight.

"So many unfortunately make fun of others as a habit, Many are quick to jest at anothers expense to make themselves seem superior. As if they need to to be comfortable. Humor which is not at the cost of another's embarrassment is welcoming. Wonder at without the threat of danger...is wonder-ful. Finding these times makes friends, sharing them is lovely. To me without friends, without love, what else is there ?"

... would be a statement she would likely say if asked why she persists keeping the glass fairy doing silly things in the background

Shae abilities do extend to be able to cause others direct harm, so far though, luckily for her, she has avoided needing to. Using her skills to help others manage exotic materials in a laboratory or fathom more about the workings of nature of the mind or to help others or heal others is more her cup of tea.

However she will do what it takes if happiness of herself or others is at threat. As such, although naturally principal-led she is is no pacifist and would take up arms for good causes. Proving a cause is justified in doing so to her though ... may not be so easy.

Equipment

Purse, Phone, Handbag filled with *origami paper

* although her "fairy" she leaves at home, having her mind make origami animals and have them move like such in the background while her conscious mind sees to other things is a hobby she has adopted. She knows this can delight others or make them afraid if done so at a poorly choose time or situation.

If origami paper is not available for such, normal paper or even money notes can suffice.

Primarch

At the moment I have nothing in mind that would stop the game from being placed into the "light" section, possibly bondage but only because people will likely end up captured and tied/chained up at some point more so then any plans for a direct BDSM scene. As for the compulsory to use an image, it is to my great preference to use images of real people when showing a characters appearance with an image, for the sake of consistency. It allows all characters to be pictured in a scene without one being large eyed with a tiny mouth and blue hair, while another looks like he walked off The Simpsons into the real world. Now if a character can't be reasonably represented with an image of a real person (their powers manifesting might have caused bodily changes, an anthromorphic form etc etc) then suitable artwork will suffice. Or you could not use an image base and describe the character with words.

Quote from: rocknrolla on October 03, 2011, 07:18:09 AM
Would you only accept villain characters from writers playing superheroes, or is there another criteria/character sheet for those? How many characters can a writer make once accepted?
I ask for I am very interested in playing a villain, suffice to say I also have a superhero in the making... so by the time you respond to this you should have a character from me end.
Would you like us to pm you the profile, or put it up here?

Although initially intended that players who play a hero could also have a second character who was a villain, on second thought I'm not against anyone wondering in and trying their hand at a villain (You may want to PM a villain app to me, to keep the mystery!). Heroes are limited to one per person, but a player may have as many villains as they can reasonably handle, or cycle through villains as one goes off to prison or what have you.
Hero apps can be placed up here.

@Kate,
If you could stick to the Character template provided, if for just my benefit but possibly the benefit of others, it would be great. Just so I can quickly look and be able to find what I need, be it backstory, personality, skills or her costume. I'll also point out that the characters abilities only manifested in the events described in the original post, one year ago. Also, you may want to include some details (such as how much can she lift with her telekinesis?).

Which is something that might be handy for all of you, when placing powers/skills/special equipment, details such as level of talent, level of power etc (even in simple figures likes tons, mph, black belt etc) would be great. Will allow me to work out ideal challenges and opponents for you guys.....and possibly myself if I decide to put in a character. If there's sufficient interest in villains I certainly could, as it would mean less of me posting against myself.

rocknrolla

Cheers pal, that works. I'll be sending you a villain app as soon as the game gets off the ground.

With that being said, I think the game can fall under the non-con section too, seeing how it involves heroes and villains... though it'll be best once the characters are established, the writers can share any pet peeves they have against any one category i.e non-con, bon, light, etc so the particular storyline can reflect that. Hope that makes sense. :-)
People ask the question... what's a RocknRolla? And I tell 'em - it's not about drums, drugs, and hospital drips, oh no. There's more there than that, my friend. We all like a bit of the good life - some the money, some the drugs, other the sex game, the glamour, or the fame. But a RocknRolla, oh, he's different. Why? Because a real RocknRolla wants the fucking lot.

A/As (Updated 1/30)

rocknrolla

With edits.

The Person
Pictures

Name: Roger Dean

Nationality: American

Day job: Rancher

Personality: Roger is the epitome of suave, having grown up with a family that was conservative and highly religious, the boy found himself developing an outlook in life which bordered on careless but never crossed it. A rebellious soul, he is carefree and carries a happy persona throughout the day. Roger loves making jokes and finds it instils a sense of security in the lad when things in his life go awry, which makes his fun loving personality both a security and insecurity as Roger finds it difficult to focus on the serious aspects of life.

The man is mostly solitary in nature, and prefers to be by himself unless he is amongst friends or close associates. He also struggles with accepting the harsh realities/truths in life where he is powerless, and is renowned for recklessness in such cases as people who know him best can tell.

Thrill seeking, flirty, a gentleman and heroic to a fault Roger can be an asset to a team as he values friendly association over everything else, but does require a nudge every so often to keep focused on the task at hand.

Backstory:

Roger was born to his staunch Christian parents thirty two years ago in times where a man found it difficult to make a decent living on a fair earned wage. His father had just returned from Vietnam and whilst they believed in these strong Christian values to stay true to one another – Roger found out the hard way mama didn’t mind cheating on her husband at his back – and daddy certainly didn’t say no to chasing her across the prairie with a rifle in his hands.

His childhood was mostly uneventful; he spent the majority of his free time helping his dad with the ranch, and did his homework for when he wasn’t in school. The boy yearned for friends, and the few he did make ended up leaving due to one happenstance or another. This carried on until the boy turned twenty.

And soon he enlisted in the army like other young men so that he can go to college and further his life’s prospects, war was thrust upon America and Roger found himself as one of the early deployed. A few engagements and more than few losses later the man found himself in a new regiment and even that proved unsavoury for him as his company was pinned under fire for hours without any support. Surviving due to timely reinforcements, the man witnessed the bitter irony of warfare, and would spend his time struggling with his feelings about the prospect for the next few years until his time was up.

At the end of his commission, the man was soon discharged and on his arrival home more grave news awaited him about his parents passing away, probably shot one another in the back, the man thought... and nobody dared to tell him why to his face. Being the only son he was tasked with the small ranch they were running. Using some help from the military in shape of grants and contracts, he was able to build up the ranch to a point where he started dealing with cattle in hundreds, instead of a mere dozen. From the business point of view, Roger knows the only way to go is forward and the man hasn’t looked back since.

It wasn’t until that one fateful night when Roger joined the other seven to bring the Iron General to his knees. Ousting the man for better or for worse, the only thought that engulfed his mind worried the young man about whether this expulsion would last or not. Roger knew he only had to stick to find out.

The Hero
Codename: The Cowboy

Powers:

Flight: The Cowboy can fly to great distances at a uniform speed of a hundred miles an hour.

Super Fast Reflexes: As the name suggests, the Cowboy has a quick response/reaction time which helps him with his weapons and lassos, and dodge attacks/bullets with ease.

Stitch N’ Time: The Cowboy can flash (disappear/reappear) to small distances immediately (not more than a hundred meters) every couple seconds, but overdoing it (for a few minutes) constantly in a short span of time results in a sudden loss of balance, and in worst cases immobilization.

Mud Slingin’ Whirlwind: The Cowboy can spin around and turn into a whirlwind... calling the sands and dirt to him until he turns into a mud tsunami (twenty five feet in height approximately) and engulfs the area.

Special Equipment:

Guns and Ammo: The Cowboy carries two custom made six shooters he call ‘Salvation’ and ‘Damnation’, he also carries a custom made rifle he refers to as ‘Absolution’ – He carries copious amount of different ammunition such as armour piercing, hollow point, etc.

Isabella’s Breach: Again making use of his super reflexes the Cowboy uses a lasso he calls ‘Isabella’ against his foes.

Weakness:

Overexposure to Water: Being in water drains the Cowboy’s abilities thoroughly to a point where he can pass out after an hour long exposure.

Skills:

Years of military service and practice with the six shooters has made the Cowboy an excellent marksman and adept with various weaponry, particularly semi automatic rifles and one handed firearms. The man is a staunch businessman with Southern values, and prides himself for running the Ranch that was almost lost at the hands of its previous owner. The Cowboy is good with money and a thorough negotiator, which allows him to secure the best deal available, once again possible through the running of his ranch. Some of these deals helped him to secure his suit and guns from the military where his service helped him secure a bona fide reputation.

Costume: (I couldn’t find anything on google, so here’s the description for each item)

Metal Alloy Hat: Coloured Suede/Grey.

Light Alloy Suit: Covering the Cowboy from head to toe, which appears two piece but isn't at closer inspection, looks like a shirt and jeans from afar - Coloured Dark Grey.

Face Mask: A metallic mask that fits into the armour covering on the Cowboy's face making it difficult to set apart from the suit, comes with its own gunslinger moustache and a neckerchief - Skin Coloured, black moustache.

Ammo Belts: They run crisscross upon his chest, they run around his waist and carry his repeater rifle on his back - Coloured Light Grey.

Holsters: One on each side - Gleaming white.

A/As (Updated 1/30)

Primarch

The overall plan looks solid Rolla, but a few things I could point out. If my math is right, he'd have been 12 when the Gulf war started and as I mentioned to Kate, the characters only came into their powers as described in the events of the original post (the theme of coming into one's powers and learning about them is a classic after all!). His powers are fine (although like I said to Kate, some detail might benefit all included, such as how fast he can fly, or how large his mud whirlwind can get (and where does his hat come into it?). While I'm no expert on ranches, I'm rather sure going from a few dozen to "thousands" of cattle in a few years would be a rather.....unlikely event, even with savy deals and government aid.

The only real issue I'd have is the equipment. I don't see where the "special alloy" comes from, nor do I see how his mechanical horse uses him as a power source. And while I have no issue with the guns, keep in mind killing people isn't very super heroic. :P

As a reminder to all, the game is set in a rather (with the exception of extremely few individuals), realistic modern world. Its not like Marvel or DC where any nation worth anything has had a few super genius's and psychics pushing their technology years ahead. If any governments or evil corporations have been trying to create their own response to Star Man or Iron General, they'll have failed unless something changes in the RP. While you will have access to a team HQ, the details won't be established until later (and likely handed down from Starman). 

rocknrolla

I did struggle with the type of superhero required. Not a huge Marvel/DC fan I wanted him to edge towards realism, more "Watchmen" like (minus Dr. Manhattan of course), but I reckon somewhere along the line I had the premise mixed up and got too excited... my bad.

I missed the part where Starman keeps vigil for two decades (thus respectively thinking 1991 is present day and age, making the character 32). I'll label the profile WIP; is it alright if I PM you the editted version to make certain there's nothing unsavoury to it in regards to the premise, before publicly posting the changes?

A/As (Updated 1/30)

Primarch

Sure thing! I'll be around for the next few hours.

MissFire

Are we allowed to create gadget-based heroes (ie; like Batman) or is it powered heroes only?
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Primarch

Quote from: MissFire on October 03, 2011, 02:50:46 PM
Are we allowed to create gadget-based heroes (ie; like Batman) or is it powered heroes only?

That's totally fine.

MissFire

The Person

Name: Monica Yen
Nationality: Asian-American
Day job: Security Consultant, Yen Security

Personality: At work she is very buisness-like and serious. She knows how to do her job well and will stop at nothing to make her clients feel safe. During off-hours she unwinds and becomes a much more approachable, friendly person who loves reading a good book, relaxing with friends, and going clubbing. Prefers to keep her work life and home life separate at all costs - especially considering the double life she leads. Or is that triple?

Backstory: Monica Yen inherited Yen Security from her father when he passed away. She was nineteen at the time, an absurdly young age for someone to be thrust into a position of power as CEO of a high-profile company. She was left to sink or swim and, thankfully, she swam. Using both a crash course in business and her own intuition, Monica helped her father's company stay ahead of the pack. But not all were happy with her rapid ascent - corporate sabotage led to clients being broken in to night after night. Yen Security's reputation plummeted as Monica struggled to find the source of betrayal. One night, she took it upon herself to investigate and followed a VP she'd been suspecting. He was sabotaging security systems and paying hoodlums to break in and smash up the places. Monica caught him in the act but, his hired thugs, thinking it a set-up, killed both the VP and a security guard trying to intervene.

From that night on she dedicated herself to halting this kind of treachery in her own company. But her digging turned up more and more corruption and greed - not only in her own company, but in her competitors as well. Greed was rife in the business world and the people who got screwed, most of the time, were the so-called "little people". The people who did the actual work, the people that literally built these companies were constantly betrayed and used by their employers, most of the time unknowingly. She was in Paris, investigating a pharmaceutical corporation when it happened; the defeat of Starman. That was enough. She was going to have to do more than blow the whistle if she wanted to make a real impact in the world.

Monica would take a stand. First, she would clean out her own house, then she would show those rich pigs that someone would stand up for regular people. She had to become a symbol, even if it was only to herself. Yatagarasu. The three-legged crow of Japanese mythology, the appearance of the great bird is construed as evidence of the will of Heaven or divine intervention in human affairs. She was going to be divine intervention.

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

The Hero

Codename:Yatagarasu
Powers:None
Weakness:Very Lightly Armored, No Superhuman Ability
Skills:Martial Arts, Lockpicking, Knowledge Of Security Systems, Extremely Intelligent
Special Equipment:Hand-held Grapple Gun, Claws, Collapsible Tonfa, Misc. Gadgets

Costume:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
A very light and flexible bodysuit. It will not stop blade or bullet, but the fabric is tough enough to keep her warm and absorb some physical blows. Over this she wears a hood and mantle with shoulder guards. Not pictured, a pair of high-tech goggles designed by Monica herself. They have various vision modes that can analyze structural weakness, let her see in the dark, or use facial recognition software to bring up profiles she has entered into a database. The goggles glow red when she is using the night vision, giving her an eerie appearance. Under her mantle she wears a tactical vest and belt she keeps stocked with a wide variety of gadgets and tools. Her cape is split partway up the middle and the bottom is cut to look like feathers, making it look like she has dark wings when the cape billows out. She has three primary weapons; her grapple gun which fires out three claw-shaped hooks, claws at each finger of her gloves, and collapsible tonfa.
    - Sima Yi

Foxy DeVille

I'd like to give this a shot...

Name: Jordan Fairborne
Nationality: American
Day job: Soldier, US Army
Personality: Jordan is a tough and no-nonsense type of person. She takes her responsibilities very seriously. As she lives in a male-dominated climate, Jordan hates being underestimated because of her gender. In her free time, she like having a few beers at a dive and playing softball.
Backstory: Coming from a military family, Jordan Fairborne was eager to carry on the tradition. Always a tomboy, she played a lot of sports and took several fighting classes. When she was finally old enough to join the army, she did so but was disappointed to learn women were banned from direct combat. Never the less, Jordan pushed herself to become the best soldier she could be. When she heard the cry to help Starman, she knew it was her duty to do something. To her surprise she was suddenly surrounded by duplicates of herself. as a one-woman special forces unit, Jordan proved very effective. She revealed her newfound abilities to her superiors. A period of testing found no scientific explanation for her powers, so Jordan was giving a special designation and a codename... Militia. As Militia she is the government's point man in superhuman affairs.
Appearance:

The Hero

Codename: Militia
Powers: Jordan can create perfect duplicates of herself. Her exact limit is unknown but too many can have dire consequences (see Weakness). Militia and her duplicates are telepathically linked and are thus a highly effective fighting force.
Weakness: The telepathic link shared by Militia and her duplicates has its drawbacks. When something traumatic happens to one, it can have a devastating emotional effect on the others. Also, making too many duplicates can create an information overload.
Skills: Militia is a highly trained solider, with skills equal to a Green Beret or navy SEAL. She continuously trains in hand-to-hand combat, making her a dangerous opponent even without her powers.
Special Equipment: Militia has access to the best military gear, depending on her mission.
Costume: Jordan prefers to call what she wears a uniform rather than a costume. While her outfit is made of tough leather, the government PR people decided showing plenty of skin would boost her popularity and so it offers little protection. Militia always has her dog tags with her, its her way of reminding herself that she's just a soldier doing her job.

Primarch

Yatagarasu & Militia are good to go.

DomShark

For Consideration. Possibly a villain? I can edit if needed.

The Person

Name: Tyler Townsend
Nationality: African-American
Day job: Star Athlete
Personality: Cocky, Brash, Charismatic, Narcissistic, Selfish, Outgoing.
Backstory: Growing up in the Atlanta slums, Ty had a rough upbringing to say the least. He became involved with gangs and drug dealers at an early age to help support his siblings. He quickly gained the attention of some high-level thugs who took an interest and made him an offer. They would support his siblings and pay for Tyler to attend college and play football. In return, the organization, known as Hunter Corps. would manage, represent and essentially own his career at the professional level. The deal seemed quite appealing at the time, but when he helped to thwart a global attack, his senior year, everything changed.

The Hunters called him the moment Starman's plea went out, and funded his expedient journey for Paris. They knew this as an opportunity to thrust their golden child into a global hero. Ty fought for all he was worth, and as it turned out, even advanced kill-bots were no match for a .12 guage shell at close range. Using his abilities, Ty managed to stay one step ahead of the assault and just out of the reach of danger.

After that, he wasn‘t just an all-American quarterback, en route to a Heisman Trophy season, he was a hero! A national treasure! There was even a sports magazine that referred to him as “Jesus in Cleats“. But when he was drafted by Atlanta with the number one pick in the draft, it became time to settle up with the men who had supported his college career, and do their bidding lest his family be harmed. Unable to be seen associating with the likes of criminals, “The Truth“ was born.
Appearance:

The Hero/Villain?

Codename: The Truth
Powers: Precognition- Truth can see into the future, but only the immediate future and only a few seconds ahead. He isn’t omniscient, he only sees these visions from his own perspective and can sometimes confuse present and future. How far ahead he can see is variable, from a few seconds to several minutes.
Weakness: Hubris and exposure. Out in the public eye such as he is, he’s very easy to follow unseen. He’s also had knee surgery on his left MCL.
Skills: Above average athleticism, speed, reactions and strength. Also access to lots and lots of guns.
Special Equipment: Dogs- Louis Vuitton: Pit Bull, Gucci: German Shepherd, Dolce: Doberman Pinshcer, Gabbana: Doberman Pinscher, Coach: Pit Bull, Armani: Greyhound, Burberry: Akita
Costume: Black athletic apparel and Mask.
I've been in a rut lately, but I'm working on catching up. Sorry for any delay.

Aybara

The Person

Name:  Julius Heizenberg
Nationality: Aboriginal Empire: Subsector Albion
Day job: Foot soldier of the 175th Euro Asian Light Infantry
Personality: Julius likes to try and portray an aura of confidence however sometimes this can come off as brash or smug. He's usually in a state of wonder or very flippant about the differences he sees in the world, for example thinking the internal combustion engine is a work of genius only a mad man could create. He likes to think his own unique viewpoint gives him a fresh perspective on life. He can come across as very rude at points or oddly chivalrous due to his skewed social outlook. He harbors survivors guilt but seeks to atone for this by living up to the new bizarre lifestyle that has been thrust upon him. He is loyal to a fault and once someone has earned his trust he will do whatever he can for them and expect the same in return from his comrades. He is quite adept at art but utterly tone deaf.
Backstory: Julius grew up in the Albion Subsector of the Euro Asian Sector of the Eternal Aboriginal Empire in a small village called Manchester. His father and mother worked hard as factory workers hoping to give their son advantages he could use to further his station. Unfortunately he was very sickly and all they could afford was basic genetic manipulations which barely counter acted his inherent genetic disadvantages. His early life was nothing special, he performed well in school under the circumstances and might have been able to get work in low level management if fate hadn't taken a hand.
The Eternal Aboriginal Empire which stretched from the cradle of mankind to the moons of Jupiter came under attack. One by one colonies stopped communication as the years rolled by and expeditions to uncover the cause all disappeared. The universe was closing in on them until even the moon was lost to them, by this time Julius had reached adulthood. Given the dire circumstances the Empires recruitment agencies went into overdrive trying to get as man warm bodies trained and ready for the coming apocalypse. He signed up and did marginally well in the testings but because of his low born status and poor genetic profile he was assigned to  a Light Infantry Regiment, he was to be cannon fodder. Still he made the best of it and the years rolled by, people began to wonder if the mystery that was besieging them was just some kind of phenomenon maybe cutting the colonies off from each other. Julius waited eight years for the question to be answered and in one night the Eternal Empire was brought to it's knees, and they couldn't even say for sure who or what it was that was destroying them. They fought phantoms and shadows never confirming any sightings but they found the enemies handy work, men, women and children, civilians, grunts and generals the attacks seemed random and they couldn't do a damn thing to stop them, all the years of training were for nothing.
Julius' unit were sent to reinforce the military base in Cornwall but when they showed up the base had come under attack their invisible unknowable foes stalked the halls. By the time his unit got to the command centre there were only three of them left, sudden sharp screams sometimes punctuated their journey there and another would fall but at other times men and women would simply fall over dead with no apparent injuries mid sentence. In the command center Shogun Tybalt Marx explained the situation, the reports showed Sydney was lost, the Empress was dead and they had been given their orders, they were to leave scorched earth. The facility and surrounding countryside were to be destroyed and all foes of the Empire taken with it. As the countdown timer reached it's last second Julius nodded to the other members of his Regiment, far too few and engaged his teleportation device, they all did setting them well beyond safety parameters to get outside the blast zone somewhere off the coast of Normandy hoping against hope they'd beat the odds but a sinking man will grab any straw. He said a quick prayer to Allah and then the searing heat burned through his body and he felt himself being ripped apart a thousand times before finding himself standing in a crater. He could see people rushing into the fray and the sky was blue? He someone in the center fighting a group of odd and unusual people, it was not his fight and he was prepared to leave until he saw a face he recognized, that of Captain Fairborne, one of the officers from his regiment in strange clothes but she was unmistakable, there had been too many hours training too many hours knowing that when the time came they would help each other stay alive. He didn't know what the hell was going on but he knew who he would support regardless and he jumped into the fray handgun blazing bellowing "For the Empire and the 175th Light Infantry! Allons-Y!".
As near as he can tell he's on a parallel world where everything is familiar and yet somehow wrong. When he walks through the streets sometimes he spots someone he knows but no one ever recognizes him. He met the Shogun Marx's double once, his name is Bob and he owns a bar. Sometimes the doubles have different names when he finds them. He even tried to track down his own double but the child died when he was eleven. This world is different some pieces of technology superior and some inferior but the world is fractured into a thousand countries. It's oh so wrong but it's all he has and at least being a so called hero he does some good and at least there's Captain Fairborne in his new squad even if she's not quite right he can still sees some of the Officer he knows and used to follow. He hasn't bothered hiding his identity as since he puts it "I'd be chuffed if somebody actually knew me".
Appearance:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Hero

Codename: Heizenbergy
Powers/Special Equipment:
Julius has access to technology from his home universe, the most important of which is his teleportation device which allows him to instantly teleport distances of ten kilometres safely but this can be increased to greater distances but the risk of the devices processor making a miscalculation grow staggeringly quickly with even going eleven kilometres having a ninety percent chance of him not reappearing his trainers told him. He can make short jumps with others but these are always much shorter distances, two people a kilometre, three people a hundred metres for example. It takes the form of some gauntlets and a breastplate which have roughly the protective value of a bulletproof vest.
The second significant piece of technology he has is Schrodinger Pattern 42 Handgun which after years of training he is quite skilled at using, he explains if asked that the gun sort of ignores armour but other than that its damage potential isn't particularly staggering being roughly comparable to a 10mm round. This has no other special properties aside from not needing ammo or to be reloaded against foes with super toughness it wont do anything and wont ignore force fields etc it simply ignores physical armour but there may be exceptions to this.
Lastly he has a low level force field that reduces the damage of ranged attacks coming into an area within one metre of him, this device looks like a small yellow lamp which hangs off his shoulder. It does nothing to stop close combat attacks or low velocity ranged attacks.
Julius almost finds it humorous that these items devices make him a "Hero" since as he puts it they were standard issue.
He also has a pair of goggles with a hud system but they don't seem to work properly and he lacks the technical skill to repair them but carries them around his top hat.
Weakness: Julius' weakness include that his equipment can be taken off him and he has no inherent powers. He has a limited understanding of culture and technology, finding some pieces of technology to be extraordinary even though they are common place and others to be laughably primitive. There is something different about the atmosphere of this earth evident by the blue sky instead of purple and for some reason his teleportation device throws him off target when it is raining, not seeming to make the jumps different in any other respect but as he knows if you don't know exactly where you are going it might end badly.
Skills: Julius has received what he regards as basic combat training including areas such as hand to hand, navigational skills, advanced mathematics (particularily for calculating distance and angles, he attributes this as necessary for helping call in artillery fire) and ranged combat with a variety of common weapons (sadly he only has one of them on his person so thats kind of a moot point).
Costume: Julius still wears his uniform which many would describe more as bizarre dinner wear, including a jacket over a metallic breastplate. He remains adamant that this was his uniform, camouflage having been obsolete for centuries... but with his goggles no longer working it's something he has grown to be wary of.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok a slightly bizarre character idea but contrast can be good, I can come up with a different idea but I quite like this one. I was hoping Foxy Oni might let me say her characters alternate self from his home was in his regiment or someone else. All it would mean is he'd be more comfortable around them.

NileGoddess

Hm, tempting, but I'm not sure if I should participate. If you have need for a villainess, let me know, but it sounds like you've got the evil side covered. I have some pictures and an idea for an ebony martial arts master, with a touch of teleportation.