Mech Wars OOC (Saikotsu, cmpuncle, DigitLninja, UnderCov3rL0ver)

Started by Saikotsu, March 27, 2011, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saikotsu

IC thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=102133.0
Character thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=101751.0

this is the thread where ooc questions and information will appear. you may also use this channel the way we usually do.  anyway, here's some info to help you flesh out your characters:

it's promising and scary when the players have already altered things and we've only just created our characters.  Anyway, skills work like this:  all skills are multi-class, meaning they only cost one skill point to increase.  There are several skills that will start off at level 3, due to prior training.  In this campaign, three of the characters grew up on a space station, known as Einstein Colony. (DigitLninja can be from elsewhere, his background makes up for the discrepancy). It's up to you whether or not your characters know each other though. Anyway, The official stance of the orbital colonies, including Einstein Colony, is armed neutrality (think Switzerland).  All students are enrolled in mandatory military courses, in addition to their other academic classes. However, upon graduation, they are NOT required to enter the military. (Since DigitLninja is former military, he gets the bonuses as well)   Depending on the courses an individual took, or are currently taking in my characters case, certain skills are raised by three at level 1.
Here are the skill sets:

Special Ops: move silently, sense motive, disable device, pick pocket, Survival
Engineer: Demolitions, disable device, Medical, Repair, open lock
Intelligence: Computer Use, Diplomacy, Search, Research, Sense Motive
Pilot: Ride, Pilot, Repair, Drive, Computer Use
Infantry: Survival, Spot, Move Silently, two skills of players choice, one additional weapon specialization

in addition, each character may specialize in one combat skill.

Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.

DigitLninja

so those of us in the military are to chose one of those to be our main focus of study... and I just realized I didn't include pilot in my character so I kinda have to chose Pilot rank...

as for my changing your game, I had no story background to build off of till now so I made him a little story.

if I had to choose one of those military options it would be Special Ops, that explains how he has escaped detection for so long despite the large bounty on his head... but I'm required to chose Pilot rank unless I give myself another defect or two.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

cmpuncle

okay then I guess the best fit in terms of classes for my guy would have to be intelligence.  After all his mech is technically research, thus he would need to be trained in research for its creator to want to give it to him.  Actually now that I think of it, I might want to swap one of the skills in that set for repair, if at all possible.
"Why So Serious?" Heath Ledger-The Joker-The Dark Knight
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight
"I'm not supposed to lose!" Setzer-Kingdom Hearts 2

Saikotsu

Quote from: DigitLninja on March 27, 2011, 05:46:11 AM
so those of us in the military are to chose one of those to be our main focus of study... and I just realized I didn't include pilot in my character so I kinda have to chose Pilot rank...

as for my changing your game, I had no story background to build off of till now so I made him a little story.

if I had to choose one of those military options it would be Special Ops, that explains how he has escaped detection for so long despite the large bounty on his head... but I'm required to chose Pilot rank unless I give myself another defect or two.
no worries. As I said, that's the whole point of this thing, is to let you guys influence the story, so I'm actually excited about this. Go ahead and take Special Ops if you want. I didn't mean to imply you were forced to take Pilot.  The point of my previous post was to say that we've all had some measure of military training. Since your background was a bit different, I just wanted to clarify that you could also get the benefits.  So go on ahead. After all, what's to say you weren't part of a Special Ops mech unit? Considering my character is a pet monster trainer, you have to wonder.
- a friend
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

DigitLninja

indeed, as well as the fact that his choice of mech was version 1.0 of what I currently have posted.

and done
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

Saikotsu

hey guys, the IC thread is up and running. I figured I'd combine the first post with some necessary background information that way we could get this up and running a bit faster.  However, since the post got a bit bigger than I had planned, I won't post everything just yet.  cmpuncle, your mech has arrived on station, and you're about to receive that information somehow. I'll leave how you get that information up to you.  It is currently being inspected by the stations militia in the security sector, and will be "Officially" released as soon as they're done with that.

Undercover, go ahead and go along with what you asked me, I'll play the other character after you introduce them. anyway, hope you enjoy. and at the risk of being redundant, here you go guys.

IC thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=102133.0
Character thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=101751.0
- a friend

cmpuncle

geez had to modify my last post cause my speech recognition turned on somehow while I was typing, without my knowledge.  so all of a sudden things started typing themselves, and I was like what the hell!
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight

Saikotsu

oh, I forgot to mention, I'd appreciate it if we could avoid time-skip posts as much as possible, at least for the time being. (this is a notice for future reference, not a direct comment on anyone.) The reason for this is I've done a few campaigns with time skipping, and jumping back and forth is really tough on storyline-continuity, especially since in a few hours/posts game time, there will be trouble. 
- a friend

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

cmpuncle

cmpuncle

man I may not get around to posting till tomorrow, I've been at a wedding all day then got back and had to start my laundry, and cook a casserole for my church potluck tomorrow.

Saikotsu

as I said, this wasn't a criticism of anyone, just a notice.  I interpreted your post that way anyway.  sorry if it seemed like I was criticizing you, it was not my intention.

yeah, I was busy today/yesterday as well. You all know my schedule, so I understand if it takes a while to post.
- a friend

Undercov3rL0ver

so I hear you visited the town to the north. How was it?
Sometimes, the heart knows better than the mind. Listen to your heart, for it contains wisdom that many ignore.

Even if the entire world laughed and despised me, I had a person who needed me, that's all I need to be happy.
   "Yowane Haku, Daughter of White" -quoted specifically for a certain someone.

Saikotsu

the trip went well. I made a few random friends while I was there.  the town itself was what I expected: cute, quaint, over priced. but it was a nice diversion.
- a friend

cmpuncle

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Saikotsu

well, I did manage to acquire some things from a free garage sale, but all the restaurants, it costs 8+ for a sandwhich.
- a friend

Undercov3rL0ver

Sometimes, the heart knows better than the mind. Listen to your heart, for it contains wisdom that many ignore.

Even if the entire world laughed and despised me, I had a person who needed me, that's all I need to be happy.

Saikotsu

mostly just a bunch of shirt hangers.  They were closing up about the time I arrived, so I took some hangers and helped them put everything away. 

oh, by the way, you guys can now start building your mechs. We're running D20 rules, so you have 400 character points to build your mech.  I would suggest using the mech creation rules found in the D20 book. Furthermore, you can add character abilities to your mech (I.e. abilities from the character attributes section), but each ability taken from there costs double per rank. so an attribute that costs 4 would cost 8 per rank.  My suggestion is that you stick to the mech traits at first, and add character attributes last.  Also, I'd suggest having around 50 hp for your mech.  Armor may also be a good idea, though some mechs are going to be less armored than others (I know mine will)
- a friend

cmpuncle

well shoot, I think they deleted....never mind I just realized you did the original mech rp on a different site, and was able to dig it up....thank goodness.

Saikotsu

that's good.  By the way, I will probably have trouble getting online today, the network is incredibly slow today.  (12 mbps).  I might be able to post from somewhere else, but my room is out of the question.
- a friend

DigitLninja

hmm, well in other news I just downloaded season 1-3 and the first episodes of season 4 of Yu-Gi-Oh 5d's
Quotes to Live by:

cmpuncle

still slowly working through Ranma, then I gotta watch through GX before I can try to go through 5D's

Undercov3rL0ver

Ah, Ranma.  I'm still trying to convince Saiko to go to Nan Desu with me as either girl Ranma or Akane. I'd go as guy Ranma! Heck, I'd even go as Ryoga! though i'd be happy just to see him in that school girl uniform I got him.  :)

On the topic of anime, I'm going through Soul Eater again, and I'm trying to get Saiko to finish it.

cmpuncle

unfortunately I think it's best if I don't go this year, since things just have not been going the way I need them to, unless something happens to come up soon.

and as for the school girl costume comment........oh GOD!!!!

oh and Sarge is up in the Character Thread.