News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Let's ride trough time. But I ride you.

Started by Celestial Goblin, February 09, 2007, 04:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celestial Goblin

[expect a lot of bondage]
This is a simple idea I've been toying around for some time. It's most likely a 1 on 1 game and most likely freeform, though both could be changed.
The game idea is in part a result of me thinking how I have more tempting ideas for games than time and energy to keep them up. Thus, this game can be composed of short and independent episodes.

Time travel. In this game, you are a time travelling, ass-kicking agent. You perform various missions for a private organization. You have rivals who want to snatch the prize, whatever it might be, from before your nose.
You cannot be killed, but you can go missing in action. It is a specific quirk of the time travelling artifact the agencies are using. If you die, you will reform in a new body, a few days later. Your new body will be patethically weak for some time, but you will be otherwise unharmed.

On other hand, there is no rescue mechanism in case you get stuck. Failing to enter the time-portal before it disappears, becoming imprisoned or lost, all that can mean staying in the ancient time period with no chance to go back. Even suicide is not an option, as the weird artifact only detects your death if it is an unwilling one. So thread carefully, some agents are known to arrange such strandings on purpose. What's a meaner way to dispose of someone than leaving them a galley slave in 1000bc?

Now for some good stuff. You get to be smart, ass-kicking and sexy. You can have all the skills and coolness you want. Because you're going to need them, of course.
Oh yes, moving hi-tech devices trough the time-stream is illegal. Even the most notorious mercenaries don't want to risk doing it and wind up in a prison-outside-of-time that's not a nice place.

I'll be your rival in this game. I know the time-stream better than you, I play dirty and I have more charm than you can handle. I'm also modest.
Cross me and it might get... personal

---

I can run the game in a few ways, depending on the preference.
Before you step in for your wild ride, please choose the settings you want:)

Do you want to be the ever-in-trouble bottom that just can't win no matter how hard a try? Or maybe you want a fair chance? Or maybe you even want to be the winner and the hero?

Do you want freeform or tangle some kind of game system into it?

Do you want an enemy that's a loveable rascal or an utter cold bastard? (good guys not available). And what gender mix are we going for? My first thought was me=male and (your)character=female. But I can handle *any* of the possible combinations. There's just 4 of them, so it's no big feat, right?

edit:
I also wanted to say: I can do this game with more than one person if many are interested. My posting frequency is 1 post per 2-3 days regardless.

Cherri Tart

Hello Mr. Goblin Sir - *throws hand up in the air*  pick me, pick me!  :) 

I'd love to be considered for you game, and 1 post every 2-3 days would be perfect for me.  *belting in for a wild ride, but not hitting the go button yet*

oh, right, you asked a few questions...  i'd like to have a fair chance of winning occasionally, although i wouldn't complain if it was slightly less then fair, as long as i knew there was a chance to win if i played it smart.

I'm not good with dice and rules, mostly having done freeform, so i prefer it to stay that way.

And i'd love to go up against a charming and lovable and and divinely handsome rapscallion (male to my female) - someone to trade quips with or even flirt with while racing for the prize. :) 

there you go :)  oh, and yes, i would expect a LOT of bondage =)

you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Celestial Goblin

Perfect, Cherri.
*smiles*
I'll set up the game today and beging the first episode...
I am thinking bronze age but maybe you have something you fancy more?

Cherri Tart

bronze age would be perfect - is that pre greek?  have to do my homework a bit :)

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Celestial Goblin

Well, bronze age is before Greeks had their city-states, wars with Persia and Alexander the Great. Bronze age in Greece would be Mycenes or the Troia war. Egypt of the pharaoh's and Hammurabi's Babylon would also be bronze age.

Cherri Tart

oh, ok - thank you - lol - i like history, but there are huge gaps in my knowledge - it's going to be an educational game, then *grins* 

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Celestial Goblin

I'm only concentrating on the aspects of history that are most fun. And bondage.

Cherri Tart

Quote from: Celestial Goblin on February 10, 2007, 01:57:43 PM
I'm only concentrating on the aspects of history that are most fun. And bondage.

lol - oh, don't worry - i haven't forgotten the bondage =)

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Muse

*Laughs*  Any chance you'd like a second victim?  Similarly timed participation to Cherri, and similar answers to your questions, thouhg I enjoy systems if you feel like it. 

I'll be back on Elliquiy full time by Tuesday if all goes well. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Celestial Goblin

Well... Sure!
I'll be setting up another thread for you as well, Muse.
Systems? Cool. What are you willing to use? Something like GURPS or unisystems?