We Could Be Heroes; A Sexy Superhero RP 2nd Arc Recruitment! MALES NEEDED!

Started by Vergil Tanner, May 10, 2017, 09:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil Tanner

Yeah, basically we adjusted the powerscale to allow for people not always picking "Physical" powers, so the people who did pick things like strength and speed don't just outshine the other players by having objectively stronger abilities. I think it would be best if we went through the abilities bit by bit:

QuoteSuper Speed, his top speed is unknown to himself due to his general easy going nature and lack of interest. But so far he has reached40mph by pure accident. His top speed however is on the upside of 500mph.

This, we can keep as is...partly because of the axe I'm about to take to everything else :P
We should also probably talk about his acceleration rate, too; how fast does he accelerate to top speed?

QuoteEnhanced Durability: Allows his body to physically withstand the force of his super human running, offers next to no resistance to injury.

This is fine. Just remember that he's not durable in the sense that he can take a punch better than anybody else. :P

QuoteEnhanced Reflexes: Allows him to maneuver at high speeds without splatting himself against walls and more or less move as naturally at high speed as others do normally.

See, this is why - in comics, anyway - I don't like Speedsters as character concepts. They just get more and more powers piled on top of them :P :P I appreciate that he needs better reflexes to be able to run at high speeds at all, but him having super reflexes basically makes Dante's power - faster processing speeds and mental capacity - redundant by adding on faster reflexes to an already powerful character. My proposition is this;
He has faster reflexes, but the reflexes are proportional to his movement speed. So if he's standing still, he has "Normal" human reflexes. If he's moving at 100mph, he has the reflexes necessary to move at that speed and survive. Thoughts?

QuoteEnhanced Healing: Allows Dalton to heal from cuts in days rather than weeks and broken bones in weeks rather than months. Will not regenerate organs or heal mortal wounds.

Looking back...I'm not sure how this relates to him being able to move fast, y'know? Just feels like adding "Healing Factor" on for the hell of it :P
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

RPG33K

Seems legit. I'll ax the healing factor and I actually believe we had a lengthy discussion on super reflexes when I was first applying. Basically, I accept. Normal reflexes unless he is actively using his abilities.

As for his acceleration...honestly did not think about it much. Ya got me there.

OK, as per his reintroduction I propose since that he is out of shape and practice maybe...0 to 30ish in...30 seconds? A rate of roughly ten mph per ten seconds and then he just dies from exhaustion? Metaphorically speaking of course.
Defender of the Sonic Franchise, Ash Ketchum, DCEU and Star Wars Prequels.

I enjoy Superhero RPs and Sci fi settings but am down to try anything new really.

Ons/Offs

Vergil Tanner

No problem :-) I understand the need, being a Speedster, but I also want to avoid basically taking other peoples powers and rendering them obsolete, y'know?

Hmmm....0-30 seems very sub-human, haha. I mean, most humans can get up to top speed much faster than that. I would say... 0-30 in around eight seconds is reasonable, and that increases as he trains, obviously. At Mastery level, what's his 0-500? :P

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

RPG33K

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on February 14, 2018, 09:33:27 AM
No problem :-) I understand the need, being a Speedster, but I also want to avoid basically taking other peoples powers and rendering them obsolete, y'know?

Hmmm....0-30 seems very sub-human, haha. I mean, most humans can get up to top speed much faster than that. I would say... 0-30 in around eight seconds is reasonable, and that increases as he trains, obviously. At Mastery level, what's his 0-500? :P

Honestly I wanted to focus on his entry point and make it slow because I recall us going back and forth on his speed before.

I am thrilled to settle for 0-30 in eight seconds. As for mastery level....

0-500mph in a minute? This would be near end game and his absolute peak.

I enjoy Superhero RPs and Sci fi settings but am down to try anything new really.

Ons/Offs

Vergil Tanner

Hmmm....maybe...1-500 in thirty seconds at the absolute peak of his power? :-)

RPG33K

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on February 14, 2018, 09:56:44 AM
Hmmm....maybe...1-500 in thirty seconds at the absolute peak of his power? :-)

1-500 in half a minute? Did we just become best friends? Sold!

Ons/Offs

Vergil Tanner

That's at absolute mastery, though, which at the current game pace might be in a decades time :P

RPG33K

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on February 14, 2018, 10:04:12 AM
That's at absolute mastery, though, which at the current game pace might be in a decades time :P

Still, sold. Any other concerns about the app? I fixed your suggestions in there on the last page.

Ons/Offs

Vergil Tanner

Just a couple more quick questions:

1) How long can he run at full speed before he gets tired?

2) A silly one, as a thought experiment that I'm just curious about your thoughts on. Say that he's moving at ten times human speed. Dante's superpower allows him to process and analyse information at (at mastery) the speed of a supercomputer, so he has moments where the world around him seems to slow down as his brain analyses all of the information in a fraction of the time, allowing him to make large, complicated plans in the time that most other humans would only get to act reflexively, right? So since Dalton isn't moving at the speed of light, he would still be visible as he's moving, just for a lower amount of time before he's gone. So if Dalton is moving at ten times human speed (for example) and Dante is processing the information his senses are providing him at ten times human speed, does that mean that - to Dante's eyes - Dalton is moving at a "normal" sprinting speed?
I dunno, just wanted to get your thoughts on the matter :P

RPG33K

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on February 14, 2018, 07:44:21 PM
Just a couple more quick questions:

1) How long can he run at full speed before he gets tired?

2) A silly one, as a thought experiment that I'm just curious about your thoughts on. Say that he's moving at ten times human speed. Dante's superpower allows him to process and analyse information at (at mastery) the speed of a supercomputer, so he has moments where the world around him seems to slow down as his brain analyses all of the information in a fraction of the time, allowing him to make large, complicated plans in the time that most other humans would only get to act reflexively, right? So since Dalton isn't moving at the speed of light, he would still be visible as he's moving, just for a lower amount of time before he's gone. So if Dalton is moving at ten times human speed (for example) and Dante is processing the information his senses are providing him at ten times human speed, does that mean that - to Dante's eyes - Dalton is moving at a "normal" sprinting speed?
I dunno, just wanted to get your thoughts on the matter :P

1) I, hell I dunno. Never really had to tone powers down like this before. I am just spit balling here but lets say 500mph for five minutes? I am pretty sure that at speeds he would be covering a lot of ground. And I suppose he could keep up moderate speeds such as 250-300 for like an hour or so.

2) I...guess that is how that works? Ten human speed would be what? 250mph? But if Dalton is moving 10x and Dante is processing it at 10x then I guess it would appear normal speed for Dante. But honestly it would be more funny than anything.

Dalton: "Check it Dante. I can run 10 times faster than a human!"
*Runs off into the distance, everyone impressed but Dante*
Dante: "Why is he just jogging?"

Ons/Offs

Vergil Tanner

1) Hmm...at Mastery, maybe less than an hour. I mean, think of it like this: How long can YOU sprint at full speed before getting exhausted, y'know? And can *you* go jogging for an hour without a break? :P

2) Haha, exactly xD It was just an odd thought that popped into my head :P

RPG33K

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on February 14, 2018, 09:56:03 PM
1) Hmm...at Mastery, maybe less than an hour. I mean, think of it like this: How long can YOU sprint at full speed before getting exhausted, y'know? And can *you* go jogging for an hour without a break? :P

2) Haha, exactly xD It was just an odd thought that popped into my head :P

Do I hear 30 mins of cruising speed at mastery?

Ons/Offs

Vergil Tanner

30 mins of cruising speed at mastery, and maybe a couple of minutes of full on, full speed sprinting before he has to pause to take a breather :P

BUT that's Mastery. Where does he start? What are his stamina limits at the beginning stage?

RPG33K

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on February 14, 2018, 10:10:42 PM
30 mins of cruising speed at mastery, and maybe a couple of minutes of full on, full speed sprinting before he has to pause to take a breather :P

BUT that's Mastery. Where does he start? What are his stamina limits at the beginning stage?

I think we touched on this. But to lay it out I think we started with 30 mph in 8 seconds for lets say 30 seconds. Then he falls over. That there covers his entry top speed, acceleration and duration before falling out.

Dalton gonna need to hit that Gym up. *nods*

Ons/Offs

Vergil Tanner

Ok, that makes sense. Last question: How do you think he corners? :P

RPG33K

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on February 14, 2018, 10:26:02 PM
Ok, that makes sense. Last question: How do you think he corners? :P

Badly.

To be more specific he will need to work on that a little. Not quite as much as improving his speed and endurance but upon entering back into things he will mostly be a dragster running straight lines. But once he gets the hang of things I suspect he will be able to take corners on the upside of 200 like a student sprinting through school halls. Fairly well. After all he does have the 'muscle memory/reflex/ thing attached to his speed to help with that kind of issue right?

Ons/Offs

Vergil Tanner

Exactly, haha. Although how quickly can he turn on the spot? Like, 90 degrees to take sharp turns :P Most vehicles, at least, fuck up with that xD

RPG33K

Well, to be fair Dalton has legs. Not wheels. So, in theory I still dont think it should be too different than a normal human sprinting at their top speed. Just on a more extreme scale. For the most sudden turns he may skid a bit or at worst fall over and have to get back up to run again.

This dude gonna blow through shoes.

Ons/Offs

Vergil Tanner

LOL, that's true. xD But hey, have you ever tried to turn sharply? The change in momentum makes it hard sometimes to keep your balance. :P

Maybe get some special shoes made? :P

SO! Any questions before we move on?

RPG33K

Quote from: Peanuts on February 14, 2018, 10:49:25 PM
Also how good is he at rough terrain/with obstacles?

Trash. Honestly that is a good question and I have no solid answer. Just that whatever it is it will be below his peak performance at that time and likely inconsistent depending on terrain and obstacles. Honestly there is no way of knowing this for certain without knowing the scene he is in and where his performance is at in the story.

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on February 14, 2018, 10:59:44 PM
LOL, that's true. xD But hey, have you ever tried to turn sharply? The change in momentum makes it hard sometimes to keep your balance. :P

Maybe get some special shoes made? :P

SO! Any questions before we move on?
Well, I did mention that he may stumble and even fall or trip on overly sharp turns.

Not really, does this mean I am back in on this? Can I start a IC post or what? I got time. If not, then whats the next step to acceptance?

Ons/Offs

Vergil Tanner

Vergil Tanner

We're still recruiting, everybody! We could use some fresh blood :D

Vergil Tanner

Chantarelle

Hi, hope this passes the first test. 😜

Sex : Female

Position : Unorthodox School Counselor

Archetype :  Mentor

Power : She has empathic powers. She gets images from touching things. She wears gloves.
“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

Vergil Tanner

Well hello there! Speak of the devil, I was just stalking creeping lurking reading the PROC board. :P

Anyway, lessee. Obviously the final bio will need to be much more in depth, but let's hash out those minor details now!

So, first thing's first, does this mystery woman have a name and an age? :P Also, do you have a general appearance / faceclaim in mind?

As for everything else, there are two main questions:

1) What's she like on a personal level? What's her general personality and demeanor?

2) When you say "Empathetic Powers," what do you mean? The power to see other peoples memories and whatnot has already been taken as a power, so I'd like it if we differentiated it enough to warrant having its own "slot," as it were. When she touches things, what does she see? What exactly are the nature of her visions? How is that an "Empathic Power?" Does it work on people, or is it limited solely to objects?
In a nutshell, what does her power actually do, and how does it work?

:-)