News:

Main Menu

FIFA World Cup

Started by Nico, June 07, 2010, 01:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izu

xD I actually feel bad for the poor Italian boys... They were so cocky and now their entire country hate them! That's tough you know... xD

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Phobetor

Um...can someone explain to me what the Chile goalie was possibly thinking about when he left the goal COMPLETELY OPEN for David Villa to get the ball in?
Not Available for new Stories.
Taking a break from E.

Nico

Quote from: GrapeTootsiePop on June 25, 2010, 01:58:04 PM
Um...can someone explain to me what the Chile goalie was possibly thinking about when he left the goal COMPLETELY OPEN for David Villa to get the ball in?
Maybe he likes Villa? ~laughs~

Go Spain!

Phobetor

XD! Omg. I <3 my brother. My brother put this on his Facebook:

"David Villa just scored a goal by curving the ball to an open net from about 50 yards out with his left foot.Sounds easy enough right?...oh Yeah...he's RIGHT FOOTED...He did that crap with his WEAKER FOOT!!"

lol
Taking a break from E.

Izu

Forget Villa.

Xabi Alonso is sooooo hot... and soo cute :3

Izu

aya

Nico

Villa is hot. Seriously. Forget cute.

Izu

Villa's hotness is a fact. But I've never really paid attention to how Xabi looks :3

Phobetor

Quote from: Nicholas on June 25, 2010, 02:49:18 PM
Villa is hot. Seriously. Forget cute.

Omg. I want five seconds in a dark room with Villa. No holding back. Give me five seconds and I'll come back out with his baby. He's a GOD.
Taking a break from E.

Stan'

Ugh.  This has turned in to such a woman's football discussion.

Quote from: Izu on June 25, 2010, 01:46:36 PM
xD I actually feel bad for the poor Italian boys... They were so cocky and now their entire country hate them! That's tough you know... xD

You really shouldn't feel bad.  These guys deserve everything they get.  All that money, and not even working up a sweat.

Izu

Can't argue about that xD

Stan'

I don't know what it is with this world cup.  Teams have turned up thinking god-knows-what, and big teams are being sent home too early.  The standard of football has really dropped, and the massive Portugal-Brazil clash today?  Absolute dire.  No, more than that.  Pathetic.  And Juan should have been sent off.  Cheating bastard.

Remiel

I agree with Ridcully.  I think Brazil was holding back; plus, no Kaka.   But it was more than that, I thought both teams played a tough, defensive battle.  As much as I hate Ronaldo, I cannot deny the talent of the Portugese.

I still think Brazil's going to win.

Izu

I'm repeating myself over and over again... the big teams are playing like bunch of rookies. I don't know if it's age, arrogance, money, tiredness, injuries, the climate, the voodoo magics or what, but the 'big' teams do not deserve to move on and some of them already were sent home, the others will soon follow. I do hope that an underdog team will win.

Phobetor

Well about the Portugal vs Brazil match, Ridcully called it. He said not to expect too much and he was right. I mean, why would they play hard if they both know they're going to the next round? Better to just piss around with the ball, do a few good passes, don't injure anyone and pass on to the next step.

I was worried for Elano b/c on Fifa he said he was injured but the news said he just hurt his shin and the Coach didn't want to put him to play. So he should be fine by the next match.

NOW is when the shit gets good. And there better not be anymore damn draws. I enjoy the Knockout matches!! =)
Taking a break from E.

Saku

I know this is a bit late but I didn't know that this topic existed. I really enjoyed the match between Japan and Cameroon awhile back because Keisuke Honda made a great goal and I love Japan. I'm Japanese by birth so yeah. XD

The Brazil/Brasil vs Portugal match today though? Damn. Brazil just aren't doing that well since they don't have Ronaldo and Ronaldinho with them. Odd enough those two were in the FIFA World Cup Qualifiers in South America but not in the actual FIFA World Cup in South Africa. Odd.

I missed the Chile vs Spain match though because I was posting lmao and sleeping due to cramps. Sucked.
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Kitsunetsuki

I dunno, I was happy with the draw between Brazil & Portugal. Sure, the game wasn't exactly thrilling, but they both knew they were going to the next round, so why kill yourself when the next match will be more important??

Anyway, god bless those beautiful Spaniards!! I was so happy to see them advance ;D Mmmmm...Villa!

Quote from: Stan' on June 25, 2010, 03:58:54 PM
Ugh.  This has turned in to such a woman's football discussion.

Um...yeah, sorry, that's kinda my fault :P That link I posted didn't help matters. But, you do realize there are plenty of men in this thread who ogle the boys, too, right?? hehehe...

Really looking forward to this next round of games...and Brazil will be playing Chile! Chile has never beaten Brazil, and I doubt they will do so this time, but it will certainly be an exciting match :D
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

Heaven Sent Blossom

Brazil aren't holding anything back, this is just them now.  Granted pragmatic football isn't a new thing to the Brazil team, it's just that Dunga has taken it to new depths. It also doesn't hurt that they used to do it with good to great players, while he does it with mostly average ones.
Sure they aren't looking bad or anything, but I haven't seen much from them that convinces me they have what it takes to go all the way in the tournament. Plus they didn't take Neymar, I can't get behind any team that leaves Neymar at home but brings Felipe Melo with them.

Also every time I watch Spain I'm reminded of how much I loathe Sergio Busquets. What a scumbag. Also I'm pretty sure that David Villa is the secret love child of Finazzi

Ridcully

Quote from: Izu on June 25, 2010, 04:09:45 PM
I'm repeating myself over and over again... the big teams are playing like bunch of rookies. I don't know if it's age, arrogance, money, tiredness, injuries, the climate, the voodoo magics or what, but the 'big' teams do not deserve to move on and some of them already were sent home, the others will soon follow. I do hope that an underdog team will win.

I can't fully agree with this.

Brazil plays most efficient soccer. I see them on a very high level.

Argentinia has won all three matches and Messi has already shown magic.

The Netherlands are also strong. Maybe they didn't have the best matches, but you don't need to play always well to win.

Portugal was strong as well. 0-0 against Cote d'Ivoire, 7-0 against North Korea, 0-0 against Brazil. Always a "0". This defense is super strong. Portugal vs. Spain now could become one of the best matches of the year.

England had two draws and a modest victory. But now against Germany? We'll see a different England.

Germany had a good match against Australia, then a very unlucky match against Serbia. Considering we have played with 10 men from the 34th minute on and still had many great chances to score, the match was on a very high level from us. The Ghana match had a certain bitter taste to it, but it has to be considered that Ghana is indeed playing a very strong World Cup.

Spain beat Chile last night, and Chile is really, really strong. Brazil will have their problems with them, mark my words.

So, who are the big teams which really disappointed the world? France and Italy, no doubt. England with the two draws. Cote d'Ivoire, because considering the players, they should be in the next round. But they were in a group with Brazil and Portugal.

It tastes a bit like the big teams aren't playing well because we're happy for teams like Slovakia, Chile, Urugay or USA (sorry USA, but you're not a "big" team yet). I hope especially for Urugay to go for, because I really like Diego Forlan a lot. But to the final...?

We have this idea that the big teams don't do well because of the quality of the matches. This World Cup hasn't brought up really memorable matches so far.

Until Sunday, that is. Until penalty shootout.

Kitsunetsuki

Wow! What a game!! Congrats to Uruguay ;D Those were some fine goals...S.Korea tried to tie it up there in the end & just couldn't bring it...Ah well, I'm happy for Uruguay...

Now, c'mon USA!!  ;D
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

Nico

Quote from: Kit on June 26, 2010, 11:00:12 AM
Wow! What a game!! Congrats to Uruguay ;D Those were some fine goals...S.Korea tried to tie it up there in the end & just couldn't bring it...Ah well, I'm happy for Uruguay...

Now, c'mon USA!!  ;D
Agreed! ;D

Remiel

Quotesorry USA, but you're not a "big" team yet

I don't think anyone here is arguing that we are.  ;D

Man...if we can get past Ghana, we're going to go up against Uruguay.  And not to disrespect Uruguay, but much better them than Spain, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, or Portugal.  Dare I say it?  Do we actually have a shot at reaching the semifinals?

Phobetor

Quote from: Remiel on June 26, 2010, 11:13:46 AM
I don't think anyone here is arguing that we are.  ;D

Man...if we can get past Ghana, we're going to go up against Uruguay.  And not to disrespect Uruguay, but much better them than Spain, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, or Portugal.  Dare I say it?  Do we actually have a shot at reaching the semifinals?

Honestly, I think we have a chance against Ghana. I honestly think we do, we just have to be careful cause they're the last African team in the World Cup...and they're going to give it their all. And I only hope that USA stops playing passive aggressively on their defense and they start kicking ass. I think out of all of the damn teams, USA has gotten the LEAST Yellowcards. ;)

Now against Uruguay...=/ I want to say we have a chance. I really do. But watching them today shows just how one mistake can completely ruin it for and give Uruguay the lead. But I'm hopeful. We came this far, damn it. And this World Cup has been in favor of the Under-dogs (except when it comes to counting GOALS.) >_<
Taking a break from E.

Ridcully

I hope so for the US team, but I have my serious doubts.

The Urugay of the first half was an unbelievable strong team. Did you see this defense? Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

Godin had to be taken out then for the second half, and the defense lost the stability. But thankfully to very strong forwards, Urugay made it. This team is extremely strong; I'd put them on the same level as the teams like England, Germany, Portugal.

But yes - tonight, my fingers are crossed for the US team. Kick Kevin-Prince Boateng out of the tournament :D

Less than a day till penalty shootout!!!