Rules regarding character ages question

Started by Guyver0335, June 15, 2012, 09:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guyver0335

I just want to make sure I get this right, you know not break the rules and such. I'm creating a new game which features Damien Wayne, Bruce Wayne's son aka Robin, who is under 16 and his age along with his presence in the game is vital to the game. Now can I still have him in the game and just make it clear to the players that he is to have no part in any of the "adult" activities?

Mithlomwen

Correct.  So long as the character isn't involved with or witness to any sexual activity you should be fine.  :-)
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Guyver0335

Mithlomwen

Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Reno

A question that I want to check about before going ahead with it and risking stepping on any toes. It might be a gray area...

If aging takes place within the story (for example, between prologue and main plot, or "sweet sixteen" birthday stories) where a character first appears under sixteen, but nothing sexual happens until they are over sixteen, is that allowable?

jouzinka

You can play characters under 16 as long as they are not involved in any sexual situation. Not participating, watching, not walking in on, not listening/taping... you get the picture. ;)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Reno

Right, I got that from Mithlomwen's response to mysterchr, but I wanted to make sure that it was still fair game to put them into sexual situations after they turn 16, if they start the story younger than that.

jouzinka

Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Trieste

Quote from: Reno on June 28, 2012, 01:44:54 AM
Right, I got that from Mithlomwen's response to mysterchr, but I wanted to make sure that it was still fair game to put them into sexual situations after they turn 16, if they start the story younger than that.

Yes, it's permissible. Thank you for asking. :)

Machete

What's the minimum age for a character in a picture if said character is wearing something more than his/her undergarments since a sixteen-year-old can be in sexual situations?  I know the restriction for nudity is eighteen, and fully support it.  I'm including undergarments there because some people are bound to consider those pictures not safe for work for some reason.

Avis habilis

Still eighteen. No pictures of anybody under eighteen, no matter what they're wearing or doing, no exceptions for any reason.

Reno

undisclosedtoyou

This, admittedly is a hypothetical question, since this doesn't pertain to any characters I have in play now, but rather, a character I had in play years ago, on this site. 

Is it acceptable to play a supernatural character, that's only around 1-5 years old, but looks/thinks/act's/and is, for all intents and purposes, an adult.

An example would be:  I had a dragon/vampire hybrid character back in the day, that was created in a lab, and grew into an adult in the span of a single year.  He didn't partake in any adult sexual situations, but would have if the game had continued. 
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Elina

My understanding is that they have to be mentally and physically a minimum of sixteen, or the human equivalent of that.  In your scenario, your character was likely an adult for site purposes since it appeared adult and had the mental functioning of an adult.  That is my understanding, although of course staff can pop in with something I didn't think about.

undisclosedtoyou

Yeah, that was pretty much my reasoning when playing the character.  But this thread has definitely made me think about it.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Oreo

It sounds to me as if the char would qualify being both mentally and physically mature. Much like Kes from Star Trek Voyager.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Oreo on July 03, 2012, 09:45:35 PM
It sounds to me as if the char would qualify being both mentally and physically mature. Much like Kes from Star Trek Voyager.

Thank you!!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Haibane

Remember that the opposite also applies, if I understand the rules correctly; a person in a fully adult body but who has the mind of a child is not allowed to see/participate in/etc any sexual situations. They must be fully adult both physically and mentally.