Superpowers - Blessing Or Curse (starting again cos it hit a brick wall)

Started by Lady Jenn, August 15, 2011, 03:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haztur

"Though that as well, which would put us all in jeopardy, the question of course would be who and how to know before we turn oursevles in pieces." said Clarice clearly worried.
"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"I can find them," the Archangel replied. "My telepathic powers are far beyond those of anyone on this base. If there is a traitor in our ranks now amount of mental training will hide it from me."

"We'd best do it quickly," Milo said. "We can't afford to waste too much time."

Haztur

Clarice looks around trying to understand who could be the traitor, and hoping its no one she knows or at least that there is another explanation.
"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"You had better set about preparing your defences," the Archangel said. "If they know about your attack on the satellite there's a good chance they know you're here and are planning to attack this castle."

The others set to work, leaving Myra feeling a bit helpless as the soldiers set about their defensive duties.

Haztur

Clarice is not a soldier, still she tries to help define with her sigh which plases could be more open to attacks and where would be best to defend.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"We have one advantage," Milo said as he watched the troops preparing the castle. "We have all kinds of defences to protect this castle, plus if the legends about the Archangel's powers are true he could almost win this battle for us by himself."

Haztur

"It really depends who is the traitor, if they have someone in the inside they could break our defense... that is the best way to fell any fortress, our defenses are already broken, lets hope its not enough to bring the walls on us." said Clarice worried, "besides, we should use Archangel as a last resource weapon, not our first wall of defense."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"There are defences in this castle only Myst knows about," Milo replied. "Partly because he feared the possibility we might be infiltrated by the enemy so he made sure the fewest defences could be disabled from within by anyone but him."

Haztur

Clarice nods. "That is reconforing, still one or more of our numbers might be enemies, that must be one of our immediates worries."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"I can deal with that," The Archangel replied. "You need to move the children to somwhere safe, we can't risk having them anywhere near the attack when it arrives, and anyone who is ill and infirm."

"I should go with them," Myst said. "I can control the defences from their hiding place and tip you off about any ambushes without putting myself in danger."

Haztur

Clarice knows she is out of her elague up here so she go with Myst "tell me how can I help you?"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"I can operate the defences if anyone reaches the cavern," he said as they entered an immense cavern under the castle where those who couldn't fight were waiting, alongside any soldiers that could be spared. "But I need you to warn me if anyone without powers reaches here, I won't be able to sense them."

Haztur

Clarice took out her gun and nodded. "Yes sir, it will be done."

She kept looking into the future looking at who would come, she could not detect power like Myst, but she have seen some of the powered ones, if she saw rival she will know if Myst didn't acted it would be ebcause he ahven't noticed them... she could shot them down if nodded be, but first she will inform Myst.
-Mark Twain

Imwithstupid

Hey i can't pm you at this moment, but  i have a character I wanted to introduce him a little futher along in the story line. would it be okay if i wait and tell you guy before hand?

Lady Jenn

(sure, the more the merrier :))

There was a young boy who looked similar to Aaron pacing around the cave, whose actions raised a smile from Myst.

"That's Aaron's little brother Sam," he said to Clarice. "He's got one of the more...interesting powers among the Underground." He nodded to the other side of the cavern where a copy of Sam could be seen pacing as well. "In theory he can make as many copies of himself as he wants. He's too young to be fighting in a battle just yet though."

Haztur

Clarice nodded "maybe that is good... what happens if a copy is killed?" said Clarice maybe a bit to worried about everyone while stillw aiting if there would or not an attack.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Unless you kill the original version of him it has no effect beyond making the copy disappear," Myst replied. "Its made especially difficult by the fact that working out which is the real Sam and which is a copy is near impossible unless you know certain very slight giveaways"

Haztur

"Well, I suppose is better not to know, that will keep the boy safe if we meet other mind readers." said Clarice still vigilant.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

There was a boom from somewhere above them, Sam looking up to try and ascertain where it came from.

"We should be up there helping," Sam said, a note of annoyance in his voice.

"You'd be no use to us dead," Myst replied. "If they reach down here you're replicator abilities may come in handy."

He was tapping away at a computer bank in front of him, directing the defences even though he couldn't see what he was doing.

Haztur

Clarice trusted Myra and her brother where doing fine up there, still she couldn't help but be worried about them. Myst was right with their powers they wouldn't be able to handle the front assault, but they would be able to help down here if there was need of their particular skills.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"We have company," Myst said, barely flinching as one of the guards threw a fireball into the darkness behind Myst. A werewolf like creature collapsed dead beside them. "They must've found another way into this cavern."

"Leave it to us," said the guards. "We can deal with this."

Haztur

"What the hell was that?" said Clarice as she shoot a second one between the eyes from where she was, still looking if they will have people up or down coming for them. "Well at least they didn't leave us out of the action, don't they?"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Something's wrong," Myst said, still operating the defence system. "How could neither you or I detect that creature before it reached the cavern?"

Haztur

"Well they could lack powers in your case, in mine I only see a few seconds before they come in... but yes... its too short notice, I should have more time..." said Clarice as she shots another one whoe vaded a fireball "you think they are using soemthing to enagete that kind of abilities?"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Myst," one of the guards said. "At the back of the..."

"There's a portal," Myst said, finishing her sentence. "I know, I could sense it but I only just realised what it was, its how they bypassed the defences. There's only one person who could form one of those and he's on the front line supposedly fighting for us. Stay here, guard the children. Me and Clarice need to alert the others as to who the traitor is."