Dice Roll Help!

Started by MelodyCake, May 02, 2018, 06:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyCake

Greetings and Salutations!

I’m trying to put together a Group Roleplay at the moment, and as part of my roleplay I’m thinking of incorporating dice rolls.

I’ve taken a look into dicebot, and to be honest I’m not really fond of it.
In short, I’m wondering if elliquiy has anything simpler? (Like Bbcode dicerolls).
Since I’m just having two people roll a dice, and whoever rolls higher wins. I’d rather just have it all done in the one post.
Rather than going to dicebot, entering information, and copy/linking the roll.

I could work with the dicebot if I have to, but I’d like to reduce the chance of human error as much as possible.

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Avis habilis

I don't know of any simpler alternative, unfortunately. That does sound like it a nice future enhancement though - maybe the option to send the roll to a thread instead of to a user. You might want to mention it in the feature request thread.

Oniya

Quote from: MelodyCake on May 02, 2018, 06:32:55 AM
Greetings and Salutations!

I’m trying to put together a Group Roleplay at the moment, and as part of my roleplay I’m thinking of incorporating dice rolls.

I’ve taken a look into dicebot, and to be honest I’m not really fond of it.
In short, I’m wondering if elliquiy has anything simpler? (Like Bbcode dicerolls).
Since I’m just having two people roll a dice, and whoever rolls higher wins. I’d rather just have it all done in the one post.
Rather than going to dicebot, entering information, and copy/linking the roll.

I could work with the dicebot if I have to, but I’d like to reduce the chance of human error as much as possible.

Thanks a lot in advance :)

There is some simplifying you can do with the dicebot.  Right next to the 'Character Name' box is a box marked 'Send To'.  Your players can go in, put your user ID in that box (in your case, that's 58056 - you get that by going to your profile and looking at the numbers at the end of the URL), and roll the dice.  When you want to check the rolls, you go to the dicebot and hit 'View rolls made to you', and boom.  There it is.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17