How to avoid the 'duplicate account' issue?

Started by ashesandcinder, February 09, 2018, 06:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashesandcinder

I will soon have a friend living with me for at least a year, and they have mentioned wanting to get an account on E. With them living here as of tomorrow, using my internet, how do we avoid it looking like I was trying to set up a duplicate account? I really don't want to get suspended myself, and wouldn't want to make the approval process an impossible one for them to go through so what can we do to avoid making a nuisance out of ourselves to all mods and mentors involved in the process?

Thank you :)
--------------

Once I can find the time to create a proper graphic, this place shall be filled with favorites of mine. Until then, feel free to assume that I am boring ;)

Naiah

Easy! You PM one of the staff members (purple or white tag) and they will guide you through what to do :D

Oniya

First thing, you've already taken care of - be honest about it.  (This is actually mentioned as part of Rule 6.)  We do have a number of members who share residences (some spouses, some just housemates).  It's still possible that the intro process might take a little longer than usual, and there might be an additional request (in private) for information, just to confirm that you are two separate people. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

ashesandcinder

Thank you both for your answers -- I will advise them of that fact and we will both get in touch with a staff member once they put in their application.
--------------

Once I can find the time to create a proper graphic, this place shall be filled with favorites of mine. Until then, feel free to assume that I am boring ;)

Ariel

Make sure that your friend specifically states that you and they are roommates when they answer the "rules" question of the questionnaire, so our mentors are aware and mark it down. :-)
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving