After the Bat-Batman Intchk

Started by Seaweed, June 15, 2013, 03:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seaweed

Truly it became more noticeable after Bruce Wayne's death of age, that the Batman's true identity was that of the only man no one ever expected and should have expected. Bruce Wayne lived a life to inspire those to rise up from the shadows and take a stand, and after his death all went dark in Gotham again.

Though the more shocking news is the fact that the police and the new commisioner record almost the same amount of crime going down when Batman was alive and well. But that couldn't truly be possible. Though Gotham now is filled with bombardments of superheroes claiming all this work for themselves.

Some people don't even realize they have been played. They are just spoon fed mindless indulgence and believe it to be true. The heroes they see on the billboards, on every television aren't the people that you should believe. It's all a big giant farce. It goes as far back as the crime syndicate in Gotham. People want to believe in a hero, but there are no heroes to believe.

But you know this already don't you? So aren't you willing to take the mantle? Or are you also just part of this conspiracy as well? Are you also just part of the lies?

The Game:

After the Bat takes place a few years after Bruce Wayne's death. He died of old age. After the death of Batman, Gotham changed for better or worse. Though always a dark place, Gotham has taken the title of Batman for itself.

Gotham is now littered with billboards and signs of fake heroes. Truly these criminals and heroes you see on the TV were all hired by the police commissioner or some sort of company. They are just there for the advertisement, the crimes are scripted, the events scripted.

Even further from the citizens being spoon fed mindless indulgence of vigilante justice, don't even realize that in truth crime has become rampant in Gotham. It's all hidden. The real violence, and the real terror.

But you, you the player want to show the truth to the world. Either by your own get scheme of crime. Or either by taking up a name like the man himself, and making Gotham's criminals fear the dark again.

Which are you? A criminal of fear. Or a vigilante of the shadows. You decide, how you want to expose the truth.

*Notes:

I will allow the use of Original Series names, such as: Scarecrow, Bane, Riddler, etc.

However, the characters with these aliases are brand new Original Characters Created By you

I will not allow people to take the name Batman, due to it's significance in the history.

This RP is being put in the Light Human group due to the nature of the series. As there have been some kinky time in the comics, in the novels, etc. I am keeping the original adult nature to the series.

Ramael

Lurking, interested. Original characters as in purely original? Or does everyone have to be an expy of Bane, Riddler, etc?

Seaweed

Every character is original.

The Batman is dead. This is like when The Joker and Bruce Wayne, etc. Pretend everyone of the series died of old age.

Ramael

Cool. I'll keep tabs on this.

Low on super-powers, right?

Seaweed

I want to keep to the comics. And the comics always had some realistic supernatural quality to them. They made powers realistic. So I'll allow realistic powers.

Seaweed

I should mention Scarecrow the name is taken by me already