problems accessing Elliquiy

Started by Silverfyre, April 22, 2014, 08:50:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverfyre

So, a bit of a weird connection issue that has me scratching my head. I can't connect to E over my ISP but can get on just fine via my smartphone and using the 4g network. I connect to my Wi-Fi and try to access it via phone that way? No go. I cleared my DNS cache and restarted, tried multiple browsers and same result of no loading each time. I have Comcast so I don't know if that's part of it? It is certainly an oddity. Any help would be appreciated.

inghippo

could you try with elliquiy ip addres? 208.117.11.90
Just to chek if it's a matter of dns...

Oniya

Quote from: Silverfyre on April 22, 2014, 08:50:37 AM
So, a bit of a weird connection issue that has me scratching my head. I can't connect to E over my ISP but can get on just fine via my smartphone and using the 4g network. I connect to my Wi-Fi and try to access it via phone that way? No go. I cleared my DNS cache and restarted, tried multiple browsers and same result of no loading each time. I have Comcast so I don't know if that's part of it? It is certainly an oddity. Any help would be appreciated.

I use Comcast as well, and haven't had any problems, but I'm not Wi-Fi.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Silverfyre

Yeah, tried that and a few other things and now it's working.  I think it was a problem with the DNS and now after a good cleaning and hard-reset, it seems to be working. Thanks for the help!

Iniquitous

I actually had this problem (have comcast as well). Couldn't access for the life of me while on wi-fi. Did a tracert in dos window and had 16 hops (out of a maximum of 30) time out. Gave it another 5 minutes and it resolved itself.

Don't know what was up.
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

Silverfyre

Yeah, I don't know if it was my tinkering or it just resolved itself but man, I'm glad it did!

Vekseid

Quote from: Iniquitous Opheliac on April 22, 2014, 09:08:08 AM
I actually had this problem (have comcast as well). Couldn't access for the life of me while on wi-fi. Did a tracert in dos window and had 16 hops (out of a maximum of 30) time out. Gave it another 5 minutes and it resolved itself.

Don't know what was up.

When was this?

If tracert gives you a route (even if it doesn't complete) your DNS is still working.

Sometimes I can harass my host about specific areas having connection issues.

Iniquitous

Quote from: Vekseid on April 22, 2014, 11:34:38 AM
When was this?

If tracert gives you a route (even if it doesn't complete) your DNS is still working.

Sometimes I can harass my host about specific areas having connection issues.

Between 8:30am and 9:00am cst
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.