World of Warcraft: The Shattering (Interest Check)

Started by Lycan Queen, October 29, 2010, 10:37:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lycan Queen

With the cataclysm approaching us and the next patch on the horizon, I thought to celebrate by starting a roleplay! I have several ideas and things I'd like to test out before The Shattering comes out, plus I'd thought it'd be fun.

Now, the plot I have in mind is for the goblin warlock I'm rolling on my server. She's gonna own a caravan that travels all around Azeroth. Now, she hires other salespeople, mercenaries, or even people who want to travel through the harsh, unforgiving lands as a group to come with her. Alliance and Horde are both welcome to join on the promise that they cannot fight each other, so it provides for some interesting roleplay challenges and stories. Routes will be obviously longer as a result, since we have to go around the major cities on both sides and drop people off. We can be starting in the world as it is now, and then have it shift to what happens with Deathwing escapes and everything goes to hell.

For sexy stuff, things like selling slaves and such will be allowed, and people who think slavery is wrong. Willing prostitutes can be hired as well. However, as long as you're traveling with her, absolutely no fighting. Once you get to wherever you're going, she does not care, she's just trying to make a business.

Anyone interested?

Wolfy

Me! me! Pick me! o3o *waves hand furiously*

Though I'm not sure what I'd want to be...a Draenei DK, perhaps? hmm...

Lycan Queen

Sure! I'll be playing said goblin warlock as the main leader, but also the orc mage I'll be rolling come patch time. Are you a dealer, slaver, mercenary, slave, traveler?

Wolfy

I'm thinking either Traveler or Mercenary...:P

Now that you say you'll be a Warlock...I was wondering if you'll be summoning a Succubus or two..*wink* xD

I wonder if my character could exert her power over the undead to raise something other than a ghoul, as well..hmm...*shrugs*

Lycan Queen

Of course of course! Though most sexy things with me will be with my orc mage chick, the succubus will have a few thoughts of its own.

Xenolord

What the hell. I'll go ahead and join. I trying to decide between the Draenei Shaman or Human Warlock... or maybe the Worgen...

Decisions, Decisions...

Lycan Queen

That is a tough choice. I try to play my characters to diversify the party we have so far, but that's just me. This'll be primarily a loosely organized rp that is namely about a bunch of people stuck together as we venture the wilderness.

Maybe we could have some plot where a group of Horde/Alliance people don't like the caravan mixing groups and attacking, having to deal with wandering elites (want to hunt some Devilsaurs?), and everyone coming to terms with the fact that their world is never going to be the same. Lots of epics.

I am hoping for:

- Horde/Alliance tension. No fighting, but I don't expect everyone to get along peachy-keen at all times. Everyone has misconceptions about the other, and the point should be about growing and learning.

- Character development and growth. You're traveling around Azeroth with your enemy, the world is going to hell in a handbasket, and changes are all around.

- Struggle. Having everyone be able to kill anything that comes our way is boring. We're gonna need supply runs, the caravan might break down, being attacked by our own side, wild animals, evil cultists, ect ect.

Point being that while sexy stuff is fun, there needs to be more for this to survive. Afterall, how can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?!? ;p

Wolfy

Hmm..I have a feeling my Draenei will want to get it on with your Orc...maybe something Angry because of what happened in the past...that turns into something more? hmm...

Lycan Queen

Maybe. My gal was raised in Dalaran and taught by an undead mage before said tutor finally vanished... Maybe old school rivals or something?

Wolfy

Quote from: Lycan Queen on October 29, 2010, 12:33:22 PM
Maybe. My gal was raised in Dalaran and taught by an undead mage before said tutor finally vanished... Maybe old school rivals or something?

That could work..after all, DK's are created from all placed...a former mage of Dalaran would be possible...now back from the dead to spark up their rivalry again...:P Perhaps the two had a romantic past before my character died?

Lycan Queen

Oh my! That sounds like a lot of potential fun! I'm liking where this is going.

I'm gonna be a bit busy today, but I'll keep lurking around to check if anyone else is interesting. Even if this fails as a group game, I'd be more than happy to run a mini version with you.

Wolfy

Quote from: Lycan Queen on October 29, 2010, 12:51:40 PM
Oh my! That sounds like a lot of potential fun! I'm liking where this is going.

I'm gonna be a bit busy today, but I'll keep lurking around to check if anyone else is interesting. Even if this fails as a group game, I'd be more than happy to run a mini version with you.

Sounds good. ^-^

Xenolord

Ya know what? I think I'll go with the Blood Elf Pally. If you're still interested in multiple people, anyway.

Lycan Queen

Blood elf pally sounds fine to me. It could be a three way rp if everyone is okay with that. (And yay threesomes!)

Wolfy

Quote from: Lycan Queen on October 29, 2010, 03:54:59 PM
Blood elf pally sounds fine to me. It could be a three way rp if everyone is okay with that. (And yay threesomes!)

lol...sounds fun. :P

Lycan Queen

Well, I'm gonna keep this thread up in case we get more people, but I'll go put up the OOC and Character Sheet threads right now. I wanna keep things simple and to the point, so while you can be detailed with your sheets, don't feel the need to go overboard.

Xenolord

Sounds good to me. Three people is always a good number.

Wolfy

Teehee...this sounds like it's going to be fun. ^-^

Xenolord

Bloody Rose

Lycan Queen

Dude, we're not full! Always looking. Customers come and go!

Tackyhillbilly

Would a High Elf (As in, one of the ones who stuck with the Alliance) Ranger be welcome?

Lycan Queen

I suppose that's not too bad a concept. So I guess!

Wolfy