Flassche: A haunted house (open)

Started by DarkEnigma, July 26, 2018, 04:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkEnigma

Please refrain from replying directly to this thread, Pm me if you are interested.

Title:A haunted house

Excerpt:
We would follow the ancient tale of a soul, torn from this world in fire by those that had betrayed him. His thirst for vengeance so dire, so consuming that his very soul would be bound to ground he was burned at. Now, centuries later a beautiful house has been standing there for hundreds of years, with numerous families inhabiting it from time to time, only to flee the house or be consumed by it over time. This can be as dark or as perverse as we want it to be.

Content:
-Haunted house
-Mind control/possession
-Tentacles/horrors
-Possible incest/risk of pregnancy
-Mind alteration/Physical alteration

Setting:
Present day.

My Character(s):
I would play the soul the house. It could be a reflection in the mirror, a warped shadow on the floor, or horrible slimy tendrils from a realm beyond this. The more it corrupts the family, the stronger it gets and the more reality bends and breaks in order for it to wield more horrible things.
Beyond it I will be playing a large cast of side characters to enrich the world and the plot.

Your Character(s):
The story was written with both males and females in mind, aimed at multiple characters.
It can be a large family, or a collection of roommates/friends/etc.
The genders, ages, personalities, physical traits would be up to my character to decide.
My preference would be a family, just to make the corruption that much more intimate, yet I can understand and adapt if this isn’t your cup of tea.

Inspiration for the scene:
Poltergeist

DarkEnigma

Prologue

“uada domum”

“Welcome home!.” one voice said as the family stepped out of the car and onto the pavement, all of them glancing at their new home. It was strange to finally be there after all those months of preparation and planning.
The house had come as a surprise to them to say the least. Apparently the house was inherited by them due to them being blood related to the previous owners. The house, the land and some financial savings where all theirs now.

True, most of the money was spend on fixing up the house, seeing as the previous owners had died in a tragic house fire that had nearly claimed to house. So, there was plenty of charred walls, flood boards and roofing to be redone. Still, the house had strong roots and was surprisingly intact of having endured such a violent fire. It had been vacant for fifty or so years after that, now awaiting its new owners; The family Dresden.

The house itself was built in 1843, a few years after Victorian styled houses became popular. It had withstood wars, two major flooding’s and recently a large fire. The house had proven resilient and the Dresden family could use a bit of resilience and stability in their life now, seeing as there was a new job in play, a small financial debt and them moving to a different town with different neighbours, friends and what not. Three stories, plenty of rooms, a large cellar and lots of storage space in movable wall panelling and at the attic. It had been modernised somewhat, now having solar power, new cabling, plumbing and even a security system, basic as it might be.

So, in the weeks that followed the family settled in, adjusted and began to even like their new way of life. The school and job where decent enough and the increase in pay and lower housing cost where just what they needed to keep afloat. The only downside of the house was the occasional draft or squeaky floorboard. It was an old house after all, and they occasionally groaned from old age. None of them really mentioned to one another the occasional weird dream or nightmare they had, or the fact that items sometimes where misplaced and that the residents sometimes felt like they either where forgetting minor details or remembering them differently. All of it was just stress from them move and settling in, nothing to worry about.

What the family did not realise was the fact that the house was more than wood, brick and mortar. Drenched in the wood was the blood of horror, scratched in the bricks where the screams of the unnatural and mixed in the mortar was the tormented soul of an undying seeking revenge.

So, with each day the Dresden´s would spend in the house would awaken the house more and more, growing in strength and ability. Soon it would grow strong enough to claim and take the Dresden´s one by one, taking revenge on them just as it had done with the dozens of families that had come before.
The house would be able to use shadows as its hands, the very air to invade their dreams to manipulate their minds, and the very house itself to keep them there, within its from. With each Dresden that falls more and more cracks in reality would form, allowing more and more horrors from other worlds to slip through and assault the residents, be it tendrils or other monstrosities.

DarkEnigma

Change log

10-08-2018 – Added the plot.
15-10-2020 – Bumped the plot.