Tavern of Ghosts

Started by Xillen, June 05, 2009, 11:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trieste

Quote from: Rockin on June 18, 2009, 03:45:46 PM
what is that suppose to mean, Trieste? :p

It means that Xillen thinks I was unwise for running interference for Desan, who was the Seer that game.

Xillen

Quote from: Trieste on June 18, 2009, 05:35:47 PMIt means that Xillen thinks I was unwise for running interference for Desan, who was the Seer that game.

No, that was good.

But since you were giving tips and hints about being a soulmate, instead of outright saying it, you revealed your role to the werewolves, and made yourself a suspect in the eyes of unknowing peasants. It ended up with the werewolves having an easy time to convince the alchemist into poisoning you while they ate saffron themselves.

Marguerite

I knew it! I knew the Alchemist was working with the damn wolves in the last game!
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Trieste

Quote from: Marguerite on June 18, 2009, 05:39:58 PM
I knew it! I knew the Alchemist was working with the damn wolves in the last game!

I told you he was, did I not?

Marguerite

Quote from: Trieste on June 18, 2009, 05:40:52 PM
I told you he was, did I not?

Yes and Xillen was saying the Alchemist works for the good of the village, ha, fat chance.

Trieste

Quote from: Marguerite on June 18, 2009, 05:42:35 PM
Yes and Xillen was saying the Alchemist works for the good of the village, ha, fat chance.

Just about any of the roles can be used for wolf-goodness, if convinced correctly.

Marguerite

Quote from: Trieste on June 18, 2009, 05:43:27 PM
Just about any of the roles can be used for wolf-goodness, if convinced correctly.

Yes but it seems none of the wolves wanted to keep the Seer or Guardian around.

Ryven

I think it's because those two roles ruin their dinner plans  XD

Trieste

Quote from: Marguerite on June 18, 2009, 05:45:21 PM
Yes but it seems none of the wolves wanted to keep the Seer or Guardian around.

Yeah, although Guardian can be coerced into guarding a wolf against the alchemist or the executioner.

Marguerite

Quote from: Trieste on June 18, 2009, 05:47:19 PM
Yeah, although Guardian can be coerced into guarding a wolf against the alchemist or the executioner.

-Nods-

True.

Xillen

Quote from: Trieste on June 18, 2009, 05:47:19 PM

Alchemist, yes. Executioner, no.

The guardian only guards at night. The alchemist kills at night. The executioner kills during the day.

And yes, the killing roles can actually be beneficial to the werewolves if not targeted carefully, just like voting can.

Trieste

Quote from: Xillen on June 18, 2009, 05:56:07 PM
Alchemist, yes. Executioner, no.

The guardian only guards at night. The alchemist kills at night. The executioner kills during the day.

And yes, the killing roles can actually be beneficial to the werewolves if not targeted carefully, just like voting can.

Yes, and the seer can work toward helping the wolves, either because they're friends or because they're game-lovers, selected by Cupid.

*shrugs*

Rockin

the executioner can only kill when he has the most votes in a lynch, right?

*shivers at the thought of seers and wolves being friends* then that'd be unfair...>>;;

*brings flowers freshly grown from the garden and presents them to saffron's and marg's grave*

Trieste

Nope, executioner can point and say "That person dies" and they do.

Since it happens during the day, they cannot be saved by the healer or the guardian. The priest might be able to run up and reveal the person before the executioner can kill them, but I'm not sure about that and there's no priest this game so it's moot.

It apparently happens during the lynch, but has nothing to do with the lynch vote.

LadySky

LadySky still tries to grab her Avi's ghost and hold him to this earth......

Not fair! *throws tantrum*
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Xillen

I seriously hope no non-werewolf is spanning with the wolves against his own good. That would seriously break the game. I have no intention that that's happening, though.

There are subtle ways, of course. When the alchemist of last game was persuaded into killing Trieste, he wasn't aware it was done by an actual werewolf. He was merely tricked.

If someone falls in love with the werewolves, he doesn't become an ally of the werewolves. Instead, the two of them need to survive against all other players, including the other werewolves. They best keep that hidden, else the other werewolves would not want such a leak in their numbers (It's pretty common in games with one werewolf in love with a peasant that when the werewolves are apparently winning the game, the couple passes some werewolf names over to the peasants to even out the numbers).

The executioner can only use his/her special ability while the lynch votes are going on. The execution is theoretically instantly and the target dies without any chance of a save, even from the priest. The regular lynch continues afterward, but the vote from the lynched person of course no longer counts.

The executioner doesn't need to have any votes on him or her, neither does his or her target. He or she ca just pick someone that dies. Of course, if there are a lot of votes against the executioner, it makes sense for him or her to kill someone else in order to prove his or her own innocence.

Avi

I wasn't trying to be deceitful.  Apparently, someone misinterpreted what I said and ran with it. >_>  I never tried to accuse anyone else, I was just trying to build an alliance. 

*snuggles Trieste and Sky*  Being a soulmate is REALLY hard to defend, since you can't definitively reveal yourself, really, without sounding like you're lying.  I found it incredibly hard to defend myself when I was trying to protect the other people whom I was conversing with.

Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Rhapsody

*hugs Avi* I believed you.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Avi

*nuzzles Rhapsody, smiling softly*

Marguerite

Before I died, I voted for you because you were being fishy with me.

Avi

'Twas not my intention. :(  I'd just promised I wouldnt reveal my allies yet, and I didn't want to break my word. 

Marguerite

Yes but you should have seen that I was not going to go after you or anyone else I know.

Autumn Sativus

Yeah, I voted Avi in the first lynch because he was like "I'm not telling you anything about what I am."

It was kind of a 'well at least tell me you're not a wolf...' mentality, and therefore fishiness.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Avi

*sighs*  Note to self.  Be blunt next time.  *sips from his Coke*

Marguerite

Quote from: Avi on June 19, 2009, 12:04:53 AM
*sighs*  Note to self.  Be blunt next time.  *sips from his Coke*

Yes, it worked for a few people who are still alive.