Mass Effect RP (Ceta)

Started by OHWceta, March 11, 2012, 09:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Heritage

Quote from: OHWceta on March 15, 2012, 10:54:28 PM
Mass Effect did pretty good with the military stuff, you might want to google military ranks but that,s about it, you wont get court martialed for calling the bulkhead a walor the deck the floor.

I read this: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Systems_Alliance_Military_Ranks and I've read a few entries on wikipedia about ranks.

Quote from: eBadger on March 15, 2012, 10:45:29 PM
I'm former USMC, and not seeing anything too complex with the knowledge.

My concern is ignorance on my part. I'm sure you can think up some basic, everyday thing the Corps drilled into you that if you saw someone dressed up as a Marine fail to do it'd seem out of place.

It's looking like I just panicked unnecessarily and read too much into OHWceta's comment about throwing in stuff from his naval background.

Quote from: eBadger on March 15, 2012, 10:45:29 PM
I was actually surprised at the rank comment too; I assumed he was in civilian garb - general rankings are usually pretty easy to decipher, even if you don't know the name.

I kind of made - or intended to make, maybe I omitted that by accident -  a throwaway comment about Vladimir being in a BDU. I meant like http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120312181349/masseffect/images/4/47/Alliance_Uniform.png I got the idea in my head that the bars on the neck there were a rank thing, and that something appropriate'd be there to show his rank off.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

OHWceta

As a videogame I,m not sure. But the stripes do usually show rank, varying in different thicknesses according to Rank. At the very least they signify an officer.

Usually they do have a pin there, though it,s likely the ranking pin is not worn in combat.
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Cold Heritage

Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

OHWceta

It,s understandable. Fictional uniforms are hard to tell.

Btw, I,m not posting on the RP thread because I,m at work, I can post short replies on break but not anything long in that short time.
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.

OHWceta

I made a few changes to my last post.

I wonder Where Karma went. a certain SPECTRE is looking for him.

Still around, but I got a lot of crap to deal with. As it stands weekly at best is all I can commit, some stuff came up. If you'd prefer I'll just drop out so you don't have to worry about it. :/

OHWceta

Temporary or permenant?

Because right now the action in mostly focused on Raven's crew, until that mission is over Raya Vos' crew can go slower. It doesnt need to pick up until the next mission when his crew gets more members.

It should improve, but I can't say that with certainty. I don't want to get your game stuck.

OHWceta

Thanks for your concern. I'll leave it up to you if you think you can keep up later or not.

OHWceta

New Request for Character info:
In the interest of adding in romance options like the Mass Effect games themselves I need the following added to character bios in the OOC Thread.
Relationship Status - Single, Married, Divorced, Widowed, ect.
Availability - Can other members in the RP flirt with them and are they open to forming a relationship with anyone else on the RP. Also include specifications if they're only into humans, or just into turians, ect.

On another note, is TreyWalker still in? havent heard from him since he posted his bio here, and he's the last person who needs to post a Bio in the OOC thread before we move all discussions to that thread.

I have a bad history of being able to recover these things once they've been disrupted, so I'll just back out and save you the frustration. Sorry. :(

OHWceta

Not a problem, sorry to hear it but good luck.

So now, for anyone who might want to join but missed out earlier, or if anyone already in wants to play a Turian character, the spot is available.

I do have my own Turian character but for the role I cant really just interact with myself so someone else needs to take the position.

OHWceta

Ok, we're moving all conversations to the OOC thread now.

Also note: Villains have now been revealed.   >:)

OHWceta

Update: Due to member dropouts, the team currently needs new members.
Needed:
2 Human males
1 Human female
1 Male Turian
Anything else is also welcome.

BlackFistKronos

here's my character submission, with two possible origin stories. you can pick which one fits the most.

Name: Evan 'Xiphos' Ramirez
Race: Human
Class: Soldier
Powers: Adrenaline Rush, Concussive Shot, Incendary and Disruptor Ammo loadouts
Weapons: Diamond Black Assault Rifle, a pair of m-5 Phalanx pistols strapped to both thighs. though a fan of grenades, he has none at the start of this story.

Born on the mean streets of Omega, Evan Ramirez didn't have much to live by, save for either the crime groups, or the merc bands. He had one, advantage, though. Always being the 'big man'. Either by fat or by muscle, Ramirez was built like a Krogan, and would easily pick a fight with one any day (which he has from time to time).

His most notable work was with the Blue Suns mercenary group. However, he didn't entirely fit in with the whole 'discreet and surgical' approach to combat, and would easily get into brawls with commanders of the group. Many of the Blue Suns preferred the oneshot/onekill approach. Ramirez took that to heart and preferred to get up close and one shot a huge calibur pistol to his enemies' heads.

Upon a 'private security' mission gone awry, Ramirez's skills were put to good use, as he was given many large calibur battle rifles, and a hunkered down spot, where he rained gunfire down upon his enemies. The job was simple, an exfiltration of a high ranking corporate official. What the Suns didn't tell Ramirez was that they had NO intention of exfiling him too. How he escaped his 'king of the hill' crisis, no one knows, but he was left for dead at the hands of the Blue Suns.

What didn't kill Ramirez sure as hell made him stronger, and gained him a reputation. Going freelance, Ramirez would be hired for surgical, yet high gunfire strike jobs, where one objective meant fast, hard, and plenty of fire, breaking enemy strongholds with ease. Like a hot sword through flesh, Ramirez earned his nickname, 'Xiphos', the cleaving sword.

Xiphos' work leads him to being hired by a SPECTRE Reya Voss, who could use someone that combines the quickness and sharpness of a human, with the brute force strength of a Krogan.

Sexual Orientation: Straight
Race Orientation: all but Krogan
Flirtation Orientation: have at it, if you like them big, tough, and scarred.

OHWceta

2 origins? they seem to blend together, I'm only seeing 1.

BlackFistKronos

sorry. forgot to write the other one. basically, it's a similar origin except Xiphos is an alliance soldier with a couple dings on his record. if you're inclined to have him more as an alliance solider, let me know and i'll write out the entire origin.

OHWceta

First one,s good. You can post in the OOC thread now.

Now we need 1 more human male, a turian male, and another human female.
Anything else is welcome too.

So for anyone reading this, the RP is still open for more people.

Destiny Ascension

Any room for a non-Spectre asari? C:
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

OHWceta

Sure. Just post your bio up so I can make sure it works.

Destiny Ascension

Name: Felare Asteris
Race: Asari
Class: Vanguard
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

History: Felare Asteris was born and raised on Lusia, in the Tomaros system of the Athena Nebula. She is a pureblood, a daughter born between a bonding of two asari, but has never let that slow her down. From a young age, growing up in a smaller city on Lusia, Felare split her time between trying to ignore the teasing and cruel jokes of her peers and living up to the immense expectations laid on her shoulders. Her mother, a prestigeous and respected scientist specializing in mass relay technology, and was known for philosophical inputs at the universities on Thessia, expected nothing short of intellectual brilliance from her daughter. She wanted a renown mind, certainly a figure of influence, maybe even a future councillor or ambassador to another race. Felare's father was the opposite, a respected and retired commando with more than a few brutal fights under her belt. She wanted a daughter known galaxy wide for her role as a warrior, a professional soldier through and through. Before she was twenty, though, all Felare was concerned about was the next big thing in the galaxy. She focused little on what her parents wanted, though hitting thirty set it in; she needed to do something.

In her youth she was especially sensitive to biotics, able to grasp the more difficult aspects of controlling and creating biotic fields much quicker than her peers. Her mother took this as a sign of a keen, sharp mind. Her father saw it as a good sign Felare would be an excellent commando, with a little training, while Felare relished the knowledge she was better at something than the others who had picked on her. Neither were particularly willing to give ground on the issue, at least until Felare made her choice. She was hesitant to go either way, but reluctant to disappoint. She wasn't particularly interested in becoming a diplomat, but wanted to see the universe, the Citadel in particular. Felare decided to side with her father, much of her mothers short-lived chagrin, though even she came around once Felare made her mind up. Despite not being absurdly rich, Felare's parents had enough money to get her to Thessia easily. Being the home planet of the asari, Thessia had the strongest, most talented and best equipped soldiers out of all asari worlds. The asari military worked differently from other species on the Council, where each city and town funded its own garrison of troops and ships, though united by a common goal to protect asari worlds, they differed significantly in size, capability and armament. Thessia's strongest units were also the most competatively selected and notably difficult to join. Never the less, growing up dealing with being singled out for her parentage, Felare was well used to adversity and being put down.

Training started on a low note, with her instructors intentionally singling her and another pureblood out, and the mockery and jokes started thereafter, though only the younger asari took part, the matron aged instructors weren't around to put an end to it. Felare was physically capable enough to stay on task, and quick thinking enough to find some of the strategic training easy. She took to using weapons slowly, having never used one before she entered training, so she lagged behind the other recruits in marksmanship and doubly so in tactics, not grasping the finer points of small squad combat at first, but Felare made up for lost ground with powerful biotic fields, especialy barriers and throws. As the months rolled on, eventually into years, Felare only grew more and more powerful with her biotics, eventually surpassing all other recruits and even coming to level with some of her instructors, though she was rarely allowed to get ahead, one of her instructors had a particular hatred of purebloods.

By the time she was fifty, Felare had taken a sharp understanding of small unit tactics, and even showed some promise as a ship captain, but her biotic power overwhelmed all other areas. She was taken from the broad recruiting mandate for Thessia and thrust into a smaller, much more difficult training program designed to field commandos as soon as possible, instead of the customary term of service with a city garrison. Despite her heritage, the commandos were much more accepting of Felare but trained her twice as hard, specifically training her as a Vanguard. Despite being an improving marksman, the commando in charge of Felare's training told her she was better suited to close quarters fighting, where her quick thinking and powerful biotics would give her a suitable edge in combat. All in all, from her first day to the day she was assigned to a commando unit, Felare's training lasted nearly fifteen years. Her contact with her parents had been sparse throughout that time, spending holidays at home and even being allowed to attend one of her mothers seminars on Thessia, but once commando training started she rarely spoke to either, and never saw them until it was over. Her father was beyond proud, and though her mother was still disappointed, she used her considerable influence to get Felare's unit access to an array of advanced weapons, armor, shields and even experimental implants developed by salarians, her way of showing pride. After training, Felare and her squad of five commandos, were placed under the command of the asari High Command, and sent from place to place, most frequently to border colonies in order to ward off pirate and slaver raids. Felare was the youngest in her squad, only sixty-five, and the next youngest was well into her hundreds, nearly one-fifty. Never the less, her commando squad was her family for most of the year, and treated her the same. They joked about Felare being a pureblood, but never made of her for it, and it wasn't uncommon for one of her unit mates to stand up for Felare, when other asari took issue with her. Being one of two Vanguard-trained commandos on the team of five, Felare took an especially strong liking to her commander, Viora.

Felare's unit earned notoriety after a couple of large slaver groups who had attacked a couple turian and asari colonies were put down, violently, by Felare's unit. So much notice, infact, that two members of her unit were selected for the Spectres, and while Felare herself was looked at, she was considered too young to be a suitable candidate. Her unit went from five warriors with a deep bond to three, and Felare found herself oddly on the front when it came time to train others. Though training could take a decade or more for a commando, and most were one hundred and fifty or older, so her unit continued to operate as normal, though with only three members, High Command was reluctant to send them anywhere hazardous. In this time, Felare reconnected with her parents, both of whom had entered the matriarch stage of their lives and were still active in asari politics, her father going so far up as advising High Command and her mother ended up on the Citadel, doing something with the Council, but Felare never found out what. Her unit received little action for several years, but that didn't stop them from training constantly and frequently spending time together. They went to the Citadel, Felare's first visit, and found themselves in a bar fight on the Wards, which didn't sit well with C-Sec, but nothing came of it, the bar had a bad reputation for criminal activity, though it didn't go unnoticed that might be exactly why Felare's unit ended up there in the first place. Felare started a brief romantic relationship with a turian soldier, but when he was deployed to a dreadnaught and she back to active duty, the relationship ended, if on a high note.

Nearly a year passed before a fourth and fifth commandos joined the unit, and they were sent back to active duty almost to the day. More pirates and slavers, though fewer than before. By the time she was one hundred, Felare was now considered second in command for her unit, though officially small asari units didn't have commanding officers, everyone in the squad decided Sila, the oldest commando, was the best leader. They entered the Terminus Systems a couple of times, normally retaliation strikes against pirates and slaver gangs, even a rescue or two, but High Command was never eager to commit forces to the Terminus, despite virtually every commando wanted nothing more than to see Omega, considered the central point for the Terminus gangs, burning. Much to her surprise, when called to the Citadel after a particularly bad fight against pirates in asari space, Felare and Sila were told the Spectres considered them interesting possible agents, but again, Felare was turned away because of her youth, though she always wondered if it was her age or birth that kept her out. With Sila a Spectre, though, Felare found herself in seudo-command of her unit, she took to leadership well enough, especially helped the command structure for asari units was nowhere near as stringent as turians. It was around this time Felare's unit, one member short, were set up in a multi-species task force with salarian STG and turian special ops squads. Felare's squad worked directly with an STG team and a turian platoon, and though it was mostly informal and experimental, the timing could not have been worse. A day after the unit was formed, the Relay 314 incident occured.

Though not involved in the fighting of the First Contact War, Felare's unit was put on standby in case things turned out poorly for the turian forces near the relay. When peace was settled and the fighting ended, Felare's combined forces unit were sent into volus space in order to route out a particularly persistant pirate gang plaguing supply routes. Through these operations, members of the turian platoon were killed, but Felare's unit avoided casualties, though Felare was fortunate enough to experience what it felt like to be shot. Felare was, strangely, rushed to the Citadel and stuck in one of the best hospitals on the Presidium, unsure why, Felare felt out of place among the politicians and, much to her surprise, humans, whom she had never seen before. Her mother arrived, frantic, worried Felare was hurt worse than she really was. Her arm was a little mangled, but not so badly that she wouldn't be okay with a few weeks rest. She spent nearly three weeks in the hospital, a week more than she felt she needed, but the salarian doctor treating her went so far as to lock her in her room. She was tempted to break out, but wasn't sure her mother wouldn't go nuts in the afthermath, let alone what her father would do. Felare's mother introduced her to some humans at the embassy, and despite herself, she was nervous through the ordeal. Humans had, aparently, stopped a turian fleet cold in its tracks and even defeated them, pushing them from an occupied world, something Felare thought impossible, seeing her turian comrades fight the way they do.

After her recovery, Felare returned her old unit none changed by her being wounded, though she was much more alert to keeping her barriers up in combat than before, she felt the experience was more than worth it, and she decide she had come out ahead, despite the scar. Years went by, and with humanity now the focus of many pirate and slaver groups due to their expansion, Felare's unit sees less and less action every year, and eventually, they are returned to the chain of Asari High Command, where a sixth member joins the unit, and they are folded into a larger commando unit aboard an asari cruiser. Continued bursts of action are common, especially with batarian interests taking focus on human expansion and terrorism becoming more and more frequent, High Command steps up missions along the borders of asari space, and even into the Terminus Systems, though reluctantly for the latter.

Biotic Powers: Biotic Charge, Nova(Learning), Stasis, Warp, Warp Ammo, Assault Mastery
Weaponry: Disciple IX,  VII
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Preferred Position: Dominant, a little submissive with humans and turians.

Whew, yeah, sorry that's so long... I tend to go overboard when making characters... X_X. So yes, let me know if anything is bad/doesn't work, I think I got the timeline about right.
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

OHWceta

Approved.

Now you and BlackFistKronos just post your bios in the OOC thread, then you guys can join into the RP.

At the current point everyone is at the Citadel, Raven (My Alliance Commander) is being interrogated by Raya Vos (My SPECTRE) near Huerta Memorial Hospital.

Suzie Lao (eBadger) and Alexis Harrison (WendySlaveGirl) are being recruited by the Turian Councillor at a restaurant in the Kolithi wards.

Since none of you are alliance, you didnt really miss much aside from Raven's crew retrieving a blackbox from the Damaged MSV Tomahawk.

Feel free to PM me if you need help figuring out how to fit in to the current plot area.

SilentGemini

What's needed? I'd like to submit a character if your still accepting.

1SAZ

Still need a Turian? I wouldn't mind writing one up if you are.

OHWceta

Quote from: SilentGemini on March 24, 2012, 11:21:57 PM
What's needed? I'd like to submit a character if your still accepting.

I need 1 more male, any race. Anything else is ok too, now that I've filled my minimum requirements

Quote from: 1SAZ on March 24, 2012, 11:22:47 PM
Still need a Turian? I wouldn't mind writing one up if you are.

Sure

I look forward to seeing both your bios. Just post them here, once I approve them, post the bios in the OOC thread (or the updated bios if you weren't approved the first time)  Then you can join in the RP, I think I posted a recap of the RP so far a post or two back.

Here's the Character sheet----
Name:
Race:
Class:
Appearance:
History:
Weaponry: Sexual Orientation: Preferred Position:
Relationship Status:
Availability: Are they open to a relationship? Limitations? (for example, only dates turians, ect.)