Between the Pipes :: Hockey Baby! (Any Orientations and Genders Welcome!)

Started by undisclosedtoyou, July 14, 2011, 08:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: 1SAZ on July 24, 2011, 05:01:19 AM
I'm fine with starting as well if everyone else is. I'm definitely not the type to troll and say no just to be different at least. :P

Damn, and I was so hoping you'd be the troll of the group! :P  I joke.

So that's +3 in favor lol.  Hmmm, so I'll definitely make a decision tomorrow.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

North of 60°

Ok.... so are we playing this or no?  Don't mean to be pushy or rush anything, just curious...
If she's amazing, she won't be easy. If she's easy, she won't be amazing. If she's worth it, you won't give up. If you give up, you're not worthy.

"Sex is like snow. You never know how many inches youre going to get or how long it will last."

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: North of 60° on July 27, 2011, 09:19:34 AM
Ok.... so are we playing this or no?  Don't mean to be pushy or rush anything, just curious...

We will be once I'm done approving the character sheets I'm looking at right now, so in the next day or so, expect a IC thread to be created.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Rachubka

Ew, Pickering? lol

As a Canadian, I kind of feel like I need to RP in this. Hahaha! My free time is basically non-existent, though, so I'd rather not bog the RP down if I can avoid it. Just thought I'd say it seems like a fun concept.

Marlow

I can vouch for Rachubka, that's her first post in two months, and it wasn't even an RP post. I also hear she smells weird.  :D
I DO NOT CARE ABOUT OOC GENDER!!! NONE OF MY IDEA THREADS ARE FIRST-COME FIRST-SERVE!!!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Rachubka on July 28, 2011, 12:37:52 AM
Ew, Pickering? lol

As a Canadian, I kind of feel like I need to RP in this. Hahaha! My free time is basically non-existent, though, so I'd rather not bog the RP down if I can avoid it. Just thought I'd say it seems like a fun concept.

Lmao, its sorta like I took a map of Canada and chose one of the more unappealing town names, ain't it?  Hahaha, but if you find yourself with more time on your hands, than by all mean, submit a character for approval.

Quote from: Marlow on July 28, 2011, 12:39:08 AM
I can vouch for Rachubka, that's her first post in two months, and it wasn't even an RP post. I also hear she smells weird.  :D

You made me laugh!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Oh, and I'm in the middle of creating the IC First IC thread for this game :) 

[EDIT]

So the thread is up here, but I haven't put my opening post in yet.  Go right head and write yours if you like though.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

TastyBacon

Wow, so first of all, my apologies for not having put a character up or responding to anything on here.  I pretty much just got hit by a truckload of things IRL, almost immediately after things were settling down from starting my second job.  However, on the plus side, it does appear things are finally settling down once again, and I should have a character sheet up either today, or tomorrow night!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: TastyBacon on July 28, 2011, 01:06:47 PM
Wow, so first of all, my apologies for not having put a character up or responding to anything on here.  I pretty much just got hit by a truckload of things IRL, almost immediately after things were settling down from starting my second job.  However, on the plus side, it does appear things are finally settling down once again, and I should have a character sheet up either today, or tomorrow night!

That's fine, RL can be a bitch sometimes, I know.  I'm looking forward to your character though :)

Note:  Check the games OOC thread for info.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

duchess85

I was wondering if there were still slots open for this roleplay for a female character?

Darth Vader was amazed to discover that when Fett said "As you wish" what he meant was... "I love you."

Ons & Offs ~ FList ~ Request Thread ~ Absences & Apologies

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: duchess85 on July 29, 2011, 04:49:10 PM
I was wondering if there were still slots open for this roleplay for a female character?

There are definitely spots still open for females, and males for that matter :)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

duchess85

I'd like to request the captain of the cheer squad - I'll have a character posted for your approval by the end of the night!

Darth Vader was amazed to discover that when Fett said "As you wish" what he meant was... "I love you."

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: duchess85 on July 29, 2011, 05:54:34 PM
I'd like to request the captain of the cheer squad - I'll have a character posted for your approval by the end of the night!

Aright, sounds good to me, I can't wait to see it.

For everyone else, the game has started, and I've put up some important info in the OOC section.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

duchess85

Harper West

Nickname(s): Harp, Westie
Date of Birth:October 31st
Grade 12th
Sexual Orientation: Bi - Curious
Extra-curricular Activity: Cheerleading (Captain), Music Council
Job: Cashier at the local bookstore

Eyes:Brown
Hair: Brown
Build: Petite, surprisingly curvy and toned
Height: 5'3"
Weight:115 lbs
Markings: Piercing(s): Ears, Small silver nose stud Tattoo(s): Small heart (left inner wrist)
Distinguishing Features: Freckles (she's always trying to cover with makeup)

Dislikes: Soda Pop, the sound of people 'popping' their gum
Fear(s): Spiders (and most bugs in general), Falling off the top of the pyramid, not getting accepted to college, and crashing her car.
Personality: Harper is a people person, she is friendly and likes to meet new people and make new friends. Despite all of that she's a bit insecure though, always afraid that people aren't going to like her. And as pretty as she is she's never had a boyfriend (or a girlfriend) probably because of her insecurity. She also has unacknowledged abandonment issues, seeing her mothers death (see history) as running away from her/ leaving her behind.

Mother: Unity Vaughn-West (deceased) / Step-Mother: Melanie Hanes-West
Father: Keifer West
Sibling(s): Kelly Hanes (would be 19 - deceased) Langford Hanes (25 - Step Brother)
Residence: A large three story home with a cottage like feel next to the lake just outside of Pickering.
History:  Harpers life started out riddled with tragedy. Her mother was 18 when she married her father (who was 30 years her senior) she then promptly got pregnant with Harper, and after giving birth she fell into post-partum depression and ended her life by stepping in front of a train in the middle of the night when Harper was 7 months old.

Her father figuring that he would horribly damage Harper if he raised her with no womanly influence quickly went in search of a woman he saw would be a good fit for his family, a woman his own age with two children of her own. Harper never knew anyone but Melanie as her mother and Kelly and Langford as her siblings. Tragedy struck again when Harper was 13, when her step-sister Kelly was killed in a hit and run accident outside of their home. Instead of this tragedy tearing their family apart it made them stronger and more loving, and made her step-mother Melanie a bit over protective of her step-daughter. Harper has a cellphone, but is only allowed to use it to call her step-mother, father and older brother.

undisclosedtoyou

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

TastyBacon

Jason Cobbins

Nicknames: Jay, 'Cobra', 'Cob(s)', Various assortment of 'short' names(i.e. 'Shrimp, Shorty, etc.)
Date of Birth: October 15th
Grade 11
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Extra-curricular Activity: Goalie for DHS JV Boys Hockey Team, Member of the Arts Council, and plays in the Concert Band and Jazz Band on Trombone.
Job: Works part time at the local Gamestop

Eyes: Brown
Hair:  Brown
Build:  A bit on the small side, in both height and build, especially for a hockey player, let alone for a goalie.  He is clearly in shape, but is not as toned or muscular as most of the other jocks.  His skin is relatively pale, as hockey is the only sport he plays, and even that wasn't until fairly recently.
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 115lbs
Markings: None
Distinguishing Features: Thick eyebrows

Likes: Music, Video Games, Computers, Hilariously bad B-Movies.
Dislikes: Excessive/Unearned Arrogance, Spending too much money, Being interrupted when trying to do something.
Fear(s): His future, and heavy darkness to a small degree.
Personality:  Those that do not know him would see him as a bit of a shut in, and difficult to approach, but that's because when he is with a group of friends or anything, he is very easy to miss, and if he is on his own, he's generally not in a good mood.  Those that do know him know that he can be very friendly and a great friend.  Though is he generally pretty quiet, he is always willing to listen and try and help with others problems.  However, if he does get in a bad mood, he is not somebody that you want to be around, which is why he is generally found alone when this happens, as he has a tendency to snap out at anyone that tries to help him when in one of his moods.  He also gets very focused when working one of his various projects or when trying to accomplish something.

Mother:  Jennifer Cobbins
Father:  Michael Cobbins
Sibling(s): None
Residence:  A fairly standard one floor, three bedroom house with a basement in a residential neighborhood, likely in the same neighborhood as a few of his classmates.
History:  Growing up, Jason was never part of the really popular crowd.  He wasn't an outcast, as he did have his own small group of friends, but they were only a few steps above the nerds that got picked on all the time.  It wasn't because they were geeks, or losers or had some kind of deformity, they just weren't all that into sports.  Rather than go the the local rink, or field and play games, they preferred to stay inside and play video games with each other.  It didn't help his status any that he was into music and was in the school band since he was first able to join it.  He was fine with where he was, he didn't need to be more popular, he had his own group of friends that he enjoyed hanging out with, but that group slowly began to shrink as they hit high school, and some of them did grow to be more popular, and eventually left them behind.

Afraid that he would eventually be thrown in with the bottom tier, and become an even larger target for abuse from the bullies, he finally branched out and made a few more friends with kids that played sports, but not very competitively.  The summer after freshman year, they convinced him to come with them to the park, where there was a street hockey rink to play around for a day.  He reluctantly obliged, and was stuck in goal, because nobody else wanted to wear the pads in that heat.  That was the day his life would start to change.  He was a bit sloppy, as he had never played before, but he was damn good.  All summer long they would do their best to get him to go and play with them, and he only got better each time, until they finally convinced him to try out for the hockey team when school started again. 

He very easily made it onto the schools JV team, as only Juniors and Seniors are allowed on the Varsity team, and he was still simply not practiced enough to play Varsity anyway.  In only a few weeks, before the season even started, he was moved up to the starting goalie spot on the JV team.  None of the coaches could believe that this kid had never even touch the pads until just a few months prior.  They even went so far as to go out and hire a new goalie coach almost exclusively for him, so that he could get the work in that he needed to truly become one of the best the school had seen.  Their plan for his Junior year was to keep him on the JV team to get some extra work in before moving him to the Varsity squad, but now an injury to the normal starting goalie might force them to put him into the spotlight earlier than expected.

North of 60°

(ummm... just made a small adjustment to Cole Ringo-Harrington... sorry about it being so late, I hope iot won't be a problem.)
If she's amazing, she won't be easy. If she's easy, she won't be amazing. If she's worth it, you won't give up. If you give up, you're not worthy.

"Sex is like snow. You never know how many inches youre going to get or how long it will last."

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: North of 60° on July 30, 2011, 08:36:57 AM
(ummm... just made a small adjustment to Cole Ringo-Harrington... sorry about it being so late, I hope iot won't be a problem.)

It's not a problem at all!  And the face is very nice!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's